ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Trickster Online General Chat (http://ggftw.com/forum/trickster-online-general-chat/)
-   -   Long Shot but I can Try. (http://ggftw.com/forum/trickster-online-general-chat/123857-long-shot-but-i-can-try.html)

Remmy 12-16-2013 08:50 PM

Long Shot but I can Try.

I'm looking for an old friend of mines. We met and played together on Trickster for a long time. I'm not sure if anyone knows him or even kept contact with him, since he's not as known in the MT community, to my knowledge. He's my close friend though, and I care a lot about him. Unfortunately, because I was immature and clueless, we stopped talking to each other about 4-5 years ago, back on Mabinogi. The only email I have of him is his personal and it's pretty old, so I'm not sure if he still checks it. I sent him one last month, but no replies. I assume he's busy with his life, and I understand that.

I don't want to put his name out because that would sound really creepy, but I know he's a Dark Lord Dragon back in Jewelia.

My wish is to at least apologize to him for how my behavior and to show him that I matured the past few years or so.

Thanks and I'm sorry for sounding really weird.

Remmy 12-16-2013 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by posu (Post 1836877)
Oh hi.

That don't help lol.

Remmy 12-19-2013 07:45 PM

UPDATE: Hmm I guess I should just put his name out there, since this guy is really hard to find.

If anyone knows Archaleon, please let me know if he has skype or so. We used to contact via MSN Messenger,but Windows Live pooped and turned over to skype which sucked but meh.

(what's the rule on double posting D:? )

LauraMix 12-19-2013 07:47 PM

To be honest, it will be extremely hard to find him after 4-5 years ago.

R 12-19-2013 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Remmy (Post 1837210)
UPDATE: Hmm I guess I should just put his name out there, since this guy is really hard to find.

If anyone knows Archaleon, please let me know if he has skype or so. We used to contact via MSN Messenger,but Windows Live pooped and turned over to skype which sucked but meh.

If you know the email that he used, odds are that he's also using it for his Skype (assuming that he made one). Do a search and find out.

EgnigemCenia 12-19-2013 08:00 PM

Have you tried sending an email to the email he gave you for MSN Messenger? I used my main email for MSN for a long time, I imagine most people do/did.

Remmy 12-19-2013 08:39 PM

I tried sending to his hotmail and who knows how old that email is. I also checked Skype too, but no go on that. From what I found, most recent thing I found is his work email. I sent an email a month ago and no replies so far.

@LauraMix Yeah it is tough, I wish I done it much sooner but It didn't come to mind until couple months ago.

Light 12-19-2013 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LauraMix (Post 1837212)
To be honest, it will be extremely hard to find him after 4-5 years ago.

Hence the long shot mentioned in the title.

But I wish you luck on your adventures Remmy, may you find treasure in your wake.

Remmy 12-19-2013 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Light (Post 1837233)
Hence the long shot mentioned in the title.

But I wish you luck on your adventures Remmy, may you find treasure in your wake.

Thanks alot Light. Would be a great Christmas present if I can talk to him.

(Although, half the time I feel like a total creep.)

LauraMix 12-19-2013 09:17 PM

You think that's creepy, I have 6 years of Chatlogs in my folder from MSN by Friends. And I keep looking back just living the moment once again. Okay I'll be quite now.

Remmy 12-19-2013 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LauraMix (Post 1837240)
You think that's creepy, I have 6 years of Chatlogs in my folder from MSN by Friends. And I keep looking back just living the moment once again. Okay I'll be quite now.

Haha good to know I'm not the only one who salvages her chat logs. Though I accidently lost quite a few, including the one I had with Archie, I still like to go through them. n_n;

Light 12-19-2013 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LauraMix (Post 1837240)

I've got 12 years, including in-game logs/screenshots, PM's from all forums, and files/pictures/documents/everything sent and received since my touching the internet all in archival folders.

I've got all my memories in a file in case my natural memories fail. It's literally a data biography of my internet life.

LauraMix 12-19-2013 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Light (Post 1837245)
I've got 12 years, including in-game logs/screenshots, PM's from all forums, and files/pictures/documents/everything sent and received since my touching the internet all in archival folders.

I've got all my memories in a file in case my natural memories fail. It's literally a data biography of my internet life.

We're made for each other.

Remmy 12-20-2013 12:19 PM

I -think- I found his Skype, but I'm not sure... I really wished I contacted him couple years sooner...

Maybe I'll find him once Aura Kingdom starts Stress Test! -is in denial-

Arnkell 12-24-2013 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Light (Post 1837245)

I also had some old stuff until my HD died. :/

Light 12-25-2013 07:52 PM

I need to really finish sorting through everything. I'm highly organized at work more than many, but sloppy with files at home.
A clean well organized system is a happy one. Plus it's easier to store files for storage.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arnkell (Post 1837511)
I also had some old stuff until my HD died. :/

Sorry to hear your drive died. My external drive died in exactly 2 years, still have its corpse, in case I can fix it in the future.
With SSDs being bigger and cheaper, we shouldn't have many issues with preserving data that's important to us.

Believe it or not, magnetic drives are making a big comeback. With a single drive over 3 TB capacity, and they're actually cheap to make! Just need a plastic storage case to prevent magnetic damage.