ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Trickster Online > Trickster Online General Chat

Prius Online
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Prius Online

Rating:  

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
12-16-2013   #21 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

fate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud of
IGN: h1zuka/PrincessJanine
Class: Fat People
Level: 280/313

aren't talks about ps not allowed here?

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
12-16-2013   #22 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
La TaleCosmic BreakDungeon Fighter OnlineElsword
Awards Pervert Award

mikecxz will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by fate23
/forum/random-forum/...ml#post1836506

they lifted the ban, anyways, i don't see why the you are so insistent on knowing the identity of the people working on the server. would you go and rob a store and then leave your name (even a fake one) with the clerk? no, you wouldn't. that would be stupid.

12-16-2013   #23 (permalink)
ahhhhh wait
Special
Games
MabinogiDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon SagaDragon Nest
Awards Most Valuable DivisionAdmin AwardMost Valuable StaffMoM AwardWandering Eye

Sandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Sandrie
Class: ~ lt_sorcerer
Level: e

Quote:
Originally Posted by fate23
I allowed it for a few reasons, I'll just go over them briefly:
  1. Pretty much everyone who plays/played Trickster plays or at least knows about this so I really think keeping this a "secret" here is just a waste of time.
  2. We have no official ties with publishers anymore, so it's not like we are losing anything here.
  3. I really can't be bothered to uphold a rule from like 2009 or whenever that doesn't even make sense anymore and well, might as well enjoy what we have left here while we can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaap
Well not the last section, but I have nothing to say on Sandre's words. But I'll get right to it.
What about me? If it's about your guild forum, it's just my opinion, take it as you see fit. If you want to get rid of it for other reasons that's fine, just don't say it's for "saving" resources cause Light and I really could care less about conserving space.

Overall about the topic, I don't really feel like typing up a wall of text trying to debate the morality of this, so I'll just say that it's "an" alternative, not necessarily a "good" one. I surely wish that someone would give me 20k for free though, I'd really like to get through college...

As an aside, my suspicion is that they got the files from tTO, from hacking or a GM leaking the files, who knows.

12-16-2013   #24 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

fate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud of
IGN: h1zuka/PrincessJanine
Class: Fat People
Level: 280/313

Never knew that lol. Honestly I don't really care who the people behind the servers are. But compared to mTO which was obviously a scam LOL, it's better. Overall, the management is pretty crappy and inexperienced, they try though. With regards to content it's pretty disappointing as S2 has taken so long honestly.

12-16-2013   #25 (permalink)
ggFTW Fan

EgnigemCenia is a glorious beacon of lightEgnigemCenia is a glorious beacon of lightEgnigemCenia is a glorious beacon of lightEgnigemCenia is a glorious beacon of lightEgnigemCenia is a glorious beacon of lightEgnigemCenia is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Can you show me a link to a source where it's available publicly? I know about the incomplete beta cTO source, but this is more advanced. Light years ahead.
I am not going to say what my proof is because then Romeo will just correct it. But a lot of VERY serious log-in security errors that were present in Revolution are still present in rTO, and a lot of other minor errors that wouldn't be happening if the game was reverse-engineered and not stolen.

Quote:
Very often publishers never actually create content and integrate it themselves, there is usually a contract forbidding the publisher from altering the code in any way. If the publisher wants custom content, they'll have to talk to the developers about that. More than likely, the publisher will have to pay a fee as well.
There was a lot of custom, eTO only maps or content. Considering kTO never wanted to do anything development-wise that we needed them to (like fixing skill glitches), I doubt they had anything to do with it.

Quote:
I would love to see that.
I would too. Except if I'm going to spend such a tremendous amount of time programming an MMO, I'd rather make one for profit, not reinvent the wheel.

Quote:
Of course its going to him and his personal expenses, but where did I ever say that I spent any money towards it? I have, and it was around $10k, but its all going towards a good cause. I'm sure that's a wise investment, you know. The server may be gone tomorrow, but at least I kept it alive for a day. :3
You donated 10k to it? What a horrible waste of money lol

Quote:
Also, can you point a source towards where its illegal for people to help fund private servers? By fund, I really mean donating, because that is what we're obviously doing. Romeo explicitly states 'donate' on the recharge option. Sos, we are totally safe. The internets is America, land of the free.
Simple, it's illegal to buy or fund stolen property or goods, especially if you KNOW it's stolen. He can state "donate" if he wants but it stops being a donation when the "donor" gets something in exchange.

If I donate my kidney and get no cash in exchange, but a form or something that says whose life I saved, that's donating.
If I "donate" my kindey and get 100,000$ cash in exchange, that's selling my kidney, not donating it.

Quote:
Main difference is, SGI and Ntreev are pretty much dead. Nexon has much better laywers. I'd understand if the official servers were up and running, and even then, nothing would be done about rTO. Its here to stay, until 'unexpected' server problems arrive and shuts down unexpectedly, or until the server just vanishes and Romeo disappears (like mTO did).
mTO disappeared because we had two emotionally unstable teenagers from Fantasia (drama central) running the server.
FailRage is still... somewhat going strong. They have FPSes. Even if the only half-decent games they have shut down, the FPSes are keeping them afloat.

rTO is just as obvious of a scam as mTO. The only reason it looks more "legit" is because they're using stolen property that's only five or six years old, not 9 years old and in Chinese.

When I logged on to see how horrible the server was I just laughed. SO cash reliant. The economy when it was only a week old was absolutely terrible. I guess usual pserver shenanigans. It was horrifyingly laggy. And to see that it was stolen software (implying it has all the same errors as the official nTreev-hosted one and NO WAY to fix them) is... sad, because that means we still don't have a real pserver, just a closed-source (even to the failure of a GM that owns it) bootleg.

I hope Romeo is enjoying that Ferrari you helped massively fund Vith

12-16-2013   #26 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games
Trickster OnlineRagnarok OnlineUltima OnlineDofus

Arnkell has much to be proud ofArnkell has much to be proud ofArnkell has much to be proud ofArnkell has much to be proud ofArnkell has much to be proud ofArnkell has much to be proud ofArnkell has much to be proud ofArnkell has much to be proud ofArnkell has much to be proud of

^I just registered because this guy is pissing me off and I want to trade a few words with him. Introdutory thread later.

Ok, first of all, how do you know the software is stolen? You are passionating stating it, so you should show me some proof, feel free to PM me with the source.

Looks like you play(ed) Ragnarok and have plenty of technical knowledge, so you probably know how eAthena, Aegis and Cronous work right? Right? These emulators are not illegal, they are under GNU license, and they are free. While TO might not have any emulator yet it doesn't mean that this(actually reverse engineered software, or otherwise it would be impossible to dev the server unless the tools they are using are the actual development tools from Ntreev) was stolen, the developer could've posted it so everyone can use.

Second is, Romeo might not be experienced but I think he can learn things with time and might make the server aa big one. The server is far from being HR fyi and it's probably not S2 yet because of development issues. Contrary to most MMO out there who had PSs from the start TO is realtive new to this and the change from S1 to S2 was BIG so the tools they have might not be handling it yet. I don't know how do you guys get the information about the whole $10k thing and I did like a source. Either way this is how 100% of the private servers out here work, being theft or not, and some people is willing to pay, so I don't see any problem since it's their money after all and I have no right to influence how they will spend it.

Third, the server is not laggy at all, not for me who live down here in Brazil, my TCP is ACK flagged thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light
Though thinking on it, my favorite MMO that retired 10 years ago doesn't have any server to speak of whatsoever; and no private server came of it out of a beta test.
We are talking about Surp here aren't we? Dem feels.

Last edited by Arnkell; 12-16-2013 at 08:57 AM.

12-16-2013   #27 (permalink)
ahhhhh wait
Special
Games
MabinogiDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon SagaDragon Nest
Awards Most Valuable DivisionAdmin AwardMost Valuable StaffMoM AwardWandering Eye

Sandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Sandrie
Class: ~ lt_sorcerer
Level: e

There is something I would like to clarify.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnkell
Looks like you play(ed) Ragnarok and have plenty of technical knowledge, so you probably know how eAthena, Aegis and Cronous work right? Right? These emulators are not illegal, they are under GNU license, and they are free. While TO might not have any emulator yet it doesn't mean that this(actually reverse engineered software, or otherwise it would be impossible to dev the server unless the tools they are using are the actual development tools from Ntreev) was stolen, the developer could've posted it so everyone can use.
It's only e/rAthena (and Hercules maybe?) that is open source and free. Aegis, which is the real server side software made by Gravity, is 100% illegal to use with a private server. Of course, someone at Gravity had to leak that at least onceseveral times for the emulators to be able to rewrite it but either way, unless I see an open source license and the code they used from that TO server I'm pretty sure it's Ntreev's software.
I don't really want to debate RO server legalities either, so to put it short, yes technically using eAthena or whatever on a server is not illegal, but hexing the client and using said client with all the images and music and copyrighted stuff that puts it into illegal territory. If you want a more thorough discussion on that, I think there's one on ratemyserver.

so tl;dr it's illegal, yes we all know that already etc. I'm pretty sure that it's just a copy that someone took at some point at tTO, since this guy is unable to fix bugs or whatever, he must only have one compiled copy and not the source code, because if he had that the minor bugs would at least be an easy fix. So pretty sure this TO server is illegal too, it's just I don't know if Ntreev in Korea cares enough to get it shut down. But considering that only kTO is left, I guess they don't.

12-16-2013   #28 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games

Arnkell has much to be proud ofArnkell has much to be proud ofArnkell has much to be proud ofArnkell has much to be proud ofArnkell has much to be proud ofArnkell has much to be proud ofArnkell has much to be proud ofArnkell has much to be proud ofArnkell has much to be proud of

Oh yeah, I confused Aegis with Hercules. If they are using the Ntreev tools then I agree it's 100% illegal, but looks like kNtreev doesn't care so w/e.

I'm enjoying the server though and I def don't agree with MS stuff with real money. The member system can be enought for the server to survive, I think things will get better if/when more servers pop out.

12-16-2013   #29 (permalink)
Jon
♥ 09/07/13 to INFINITY. ♥
Games
Trickster OnlineElswordWonderKing OnlineEden Eternal
Awards Admin AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularGuide WriterWiki Task ForceWandering EyeArtifact HoarderPervert Award

Jon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
How many terabyte hard drives do you have? Because you can download a car for use in a 3d printer. It's extremely storage hungry, but definitely cool.
I only have a 1 TB hard drive, and its only 5200 RPM, so its pretty ancient. I plan on building a new PC eventually, with SSD. Eventually I want to go with a Linux distro, but I may stick with WIN7. Do you have any recommendations?

Quote:
I would had added "Be glad you have anything at all." but omitted it because the point seemed to be across. Though thinking on it, my favorite MMO that retired 10 years ago doesn't have any server to speak of whatsoever; and no private server came of it out of a beta test.

I moved on because I was religiously devoted to it and needed to live my life. However I do at times wish I had the ability to play just for a few hours for them fond childhood memories. Sadly I'll only have old screenshots and my imagination to play the game with.
Aww man, that really sucks. I think you've mentioned it before, and I know that feel. Could you possibly post some screenshots? I'd love to hear more about it.

But yeah, I totally understand how you feel like you needed to live your life. I honestly doubt you ever truly wasted your life man. As long as you got enjoyment out of it, you know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EgnigemCenia
I am not going to say what my proof is because then Romeo will just correct it.
Then PM me with details, maybe?

Quote:
There was a lot of custom, eTO only maps or content. Considering kTO never wanted to do anything development-wise that we needed them to (like fixing skill glitches), I doubt they had anything to do with it.
Of course there was, but you have to realize that they were still just a publisher, it happens all the time. For example, the Global version of MapleStory has things that the Korean version of MapleStory doesn't have, and vice-versa. It had nothing to do with the publisher (except for maybe ideas being sent to the original developer and paying some royalties), you can read up on it if you are so inclined.

Quote:
I would too. Except if I'm going to spend such a tremendous amount of time programming an MMO, I'd rather make one for profit, not reinvent the wheel.
You and me both, brother. That is what is happening with all private servers and games in general, its all about profit.

Quote:
You donated 10k to it? What a horrible waste of money lol
It is, and I'm foolish. But hey, you can't tell me what to do (*bigdaddyreference*). :3

Quote:
Simple, it's illegal to buy or fund stolen property or goods, especially if you KNOW it's stolen. He can state "donate" if he wants but it stops being a donation when the "donor" gets something in exchange.
While that holds true in real life matters, like a money scheme or laundering/embezzlement, it doesn't apply to people helping to fund a private server. Laws work different online than they do in real life matters. I'm not a lawyer in the least, but I can say for certain that while it may be illegal in a way, its not even paid attention to.

Have you ever heard of an actual lawsuit case against somebody for helping to fund a private server, as opposed to the actual owners of the servers getting sued for infringement? I would really love to see that.

Quote:
If I donate my kidney and get no cash in exchange, but a form or something that says whose life I saved, that's donating.
If I "donate" my kindey and get 100,000$ cash in exchange, that's selling my kidney, not donating it.
Except in this case, we're giving money away to people who own a private server to help keep it running. We get nothing in return, except for intangible pixels. In this case, it is indeed a donation. Two different totally things, we physically get absolutely nothing in return.

Quote:
FailRage is still... somewhat going strong. They have FPSes. Even if the only half-decent games they have shut down, the FPSes are keeping them afloat.
Boom, headshot. Even that won't keep them alive forever, nothing ever is. SGI/Ntreev shall fade into obscurity eventually.

Quote:
rTO is just as obvious of a scam as mTO. The only reason it looks more "legit" is because they're using stolen property that's only five or six years old, not 9 years old and in Chinese.
I don't disagree with you there, but I am enjoying my time playing it while it lasts. Again, I've visited many forums with sources available to run private servers, and I haven't found anything publicly available for a source like rTO's.

Quote:
When I logged on to see how horrible the server was I just laughed. SO cash reliant. The economy when it was only a week old was absolutely terrible. I guess usual pserver shenanigans. It was horrifyingly laggy. And to see that it was stolen software (implying it has all the same errors as the official nTreev-hosted one and NO WAY to fix them) is... sad, because that means we still don't have a real pserver, just a closed-source (even to the failure of a GM that owns it) bootleg.
How is it cash reliant? I don't see cash stuff blatantly thrown in your face, I don't see popups about cash stuff when you're playing the game. Not to mention, donations for items are very much more affordable in rTO than eTO ever was. You don't even need MyShop to succeed in this game, you can still obtain boss gear and play. While you may not be as 'hax' as some people, it doesn't stop you from being able to play and enjoy it.

As far as lag goes, I never encountered any problems, nor has my girlfriend and other guildmates that play it. It must be you.

Quote:
I hope Romeo is enjoying that Ferrari you helped massively fund Vith
I hope so as well, I really like to help people when I can. I love donating money to charity when I can and have the means to. :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandrie
I allowed it for a few reasons...
First off Sandrie, I'd just like to thank you for allowing us to talk about it. Even though there may seem to be some drama here, that is not the case at all. I hold no ill will towards anyone. Just displaying our arguments and rebuttals, all in good fun and to help keep ggFTW activity alive. :3

Quote:
I'm enjoying the server though and I def don't agree with MS stuff with real money. The member system can be enought for the server to survive, I think things will get better if/when more servers pop out.
Exactly man! Always be optimistic! :3

12-16-2013   #30 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Special
Games
Guild Wars 2LuniaConquer OnlineElsword
Awards Admin AwardMost Valuable StaffMoM AwardPervert AwardTHE CHAMP

Light is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervert
IGN: Light, Yucie
Class: Kanna
Level: 208

Quote:
We are talking about Surp here aren't we? Dem feels.
Not sure if worthwhile trade...

Spoiler!

+Rep if I help you. | Guides: Lunia's Client Editing Guide / How to ggFTW!

12-16-2013   #31 (permalink)
Magnolia Wine
Games
World of WarcraftElswordLeague of Legends

Rhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Rhois Send a message via Skype™ to Rhois

Quote:
Not sure if worthwhile trade...

Spoiler!
I'm still disappointed that I never got to play it.

12-16-2013   #32 (permalink)
ggFTW Fan

EgnigemCenia is a glorious beacon of lightEgnigemCenia is a glorious beacon of lightEgnigemCenia is a glorious beacon of lightEgnigemCenia is a glorious beacon of lightEgnigemCenia is a glorious beacon of lightEgnigemCenia is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Ok, first of all, how do you know the software is stolen? You are passionating stating it, so you should show me some proof, feel free to PM me with the source.
It has the SAME security errors the original eTO software did. The EXACT SAME ERRORS.
I am NOT going to say what those massive security errors were so that failRomeo can fix it and the little 12 year old can claim is perfekt and kewl servar is liek so totally his11!!!11!!!

Quote:
I don't know how do you guys get the information about the whole $10k thing and I did like a source. Either way this is how 100% of the private servers out here work, being theft or not, and some people is willing to pay, so I don't see any problem since it's their money after all and I have no right to influence how they will spend it.
lol you're so wrong it's painful.

As Sandrie said it is painfully obvious that he has no source code, hence stolen software. If it were reverse-engineered like eAthena/rAthena, he would be able to actually... do things.

Quote:
It is, and I'm foolish. But hey, you can't tell me what to do (*bigdaddyreference*). :3
You try too hard. No one is going to spend 10k on items in a 20 population private server.

Quote:
it doesn't apply to people helping to fund a private server. Laws work different online than they do in real life matters. I'm not a lawyer in the least, but I can say for certain that while it may be illegal in a way, its not even paid attention to.
See, quit using weasel words like idiots like Romeo.
You are not HELPING to fund the server. You have no proof WHERE the money is going.
Furthermore you are not HELPING because he is giving you items in exchange. That is not HELPING to fund or DONATING. You are PURCHASING.

Quote:
Except in this case, we're giving money away to people who own a private server to help keep it running. We get nothing in return, except for intangible pixels. In this case, it is indeed a donation. Two different totally things, we physically get absolutely nothing in return.
See above, don't use weasel words.

Quote:
As far as lag goes, I never encountered any problems, nor has my girlfriend and other guildmates that play it. It must be you.
How shocking. Romeo fanboy has no lag? I'm surprised.

12-16-2013   #33 (permalink)
Jon
Games
Awards Admin AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularGuide WriterWiki Task ForceWandering EyeArtifact HoarderPervert Award

Jon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond repute

You like to create a debate, yet you completely dodge most of my retorts and like to just reply back with repeated words and lack of any lengthy sentences.

I win, you lose. Na na na na boo boo, stick your head in doo doo.

12-16-2013   #34 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Special
Games

Light is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhois
I'm still disappointed that I never got to play it.
It's a shame you likely never will.
For a game so old, it's a very beautifully drawn game with pretty complex and dare I say even a competitive satisfaction in the many PvP modes.

You're never confined to a single element, character, weapon, or combination of these. There are dozens of game modes to keep you busy no matter what the mood you're in for.

That's why I never got bored of it. The options are limitless and they all reward you.

12-16-2013   #35 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games

Quote:
It has the SAME security errors the original eTO software did. The EXACT SAME ERRORS.
I am NOT going to say what those massive security errors were so that failRomeo can fix it and the little 12 year old can claim is perfekt and kewl servar is liek so totally his11!!!11!!!
You know that Romeo doesn't have the actual developement software and he's just receiving the packets right? Also, you are assuming they are 12 years old but pretty much act like one. Stop.

Quote:
lol you're so wrong it's painful.

As Sandrie said it is painfully obvious that he has no source code, hence stolen software. If it were reverse-engineered like eAthena/rAthena, he would be able to actually... do things.
That's why I stated "unless they are using the actual development software". Also feel free to point me any private server that doesn't do that.

Quote:
in a 20 population private server.
You either never played it or you logged on the first few hours. There are people everywhere, from Coral to Tapasco.

Quote:
See, quit using weasel words like idiots like Romeo.
You are not HELPING to fund the server. You have no proof WHERE the money is going.
Furthermore you are not HELPING because he is giving you items in exchange. That is not HELPING to fund or DONATING. You are PURCHASING.
Yes, everyone know that, it's common sense but people doesn't simple "donate" to ANY and I mean LITERALLY ANY PS without wanting something back, being overpowered stuff or not. Even for the legitimate "donatation" so you can "help the server survive". I've been playing MMOs for about 13 years now and 10 of it was playing RO and I have yet to see a RO or any other game private server without any kind of advantage for those who "donate".

12-16-2013   #36 (permalink)
ggFTW Fan

Quote:
You know that Romeo doesn't have the actual developement software and he's just receiving the packets right? Also, you are assuming they are 12 years old but pretty much act like one. Stop.
So he doesn't actually own or do anything for the server other than "GM" it. So yes, he's a twelve year old.

There's nothing to direct so he wouldn't be a "boss" or "producer".

Quote:
That's why I stated "unless they are using the actual development software". Also feel free to point me any private server that doesn't do that.
Pretty much all MS pservers don't use the official software, and this has been going on for a very long time. Ragnarok doesn't, etc.

Quote:
You either never played it or you logged on the first few hours. There are people everywhere, from Coral to Tapasco.
Keep telling yourself that. I logged on when it was a few weeks old and it was empty and the party bulletin was similarly empty, implying no one was playing/selling/doing anything.

Quote:
Yes, everyone know that, it's common sense but people doesn't simple "donate" to ANY and I mean LITERALLY ANY PS without wanting something back, being overpowered stuff or not. Even for the legitimate "donatation" so you can "help the server survive". I've been playing MMOs for about 13 years now and 10 of it was playing RO and I have yet to see a RO or any other game private server without any kind of advantage for those who "donate".
Worthless words. People don't expect anything in exchange when they DONATE.
When they purchase or otherwise make a transaction, yes, they do.

If you donate to a pserver, fine. Just know that in almost every single case, you're donating to their wallet, NOT the server itself. Also note that if you were paying to keep the server alive, in this case (due to the stolen software and not originally-made software like e/rAthena), it's illegal to do so. It would be no different than paying to keep a piracy site open.

Also worth nothing that e/rAthena are special cases, because they're actually superior to the software that Gravity uses. More secure, more possible to block out third-party programs, and a lot less resource intensive.

12-16-2013   #37 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games

Quote:
There's nothing to direct so he wouldn't be a "boss" or "producer".
No one stated that.

Quote:
Pretty much all MS pservers don't use the official software, and this has been going on for a very long time. Ragnarok doesn't, etc.
Doesn't mean they are any more legal(the ps fyi) either.

Quote:
Keep telling yourself that. I logged on when it was a few weeks old and it was empty and the party bulletin was similarly empty, implying no one was playing/selling/doing anything.
I'm not gonna argue much with that. While it might not be 1k players on, the server is far from deserted you should log on for 3 minutes and see by yorself.

Quote:
Worthless words. People don't expect anything in exchange when they DONATE.
When they purchase or otherwise make a transaction, yes, they do.

If you donate to a pserver, fine. Just know that in almost every single case, you're donating to their wallet, NOT the server itself. Also note that if you were paying to keep the server alive, in this case (due to the stolen software and not originally-made software like e/rAthena), it's illegal to do so. It would be no different than paying to keep a piracy site open.
You are repeating yourself with something everyone knows from the start, you should also keep in mind that it's a virtual world.

Quote:
Also worth nothing that e/rAthena are special cases, because they're actually superior to the software that Gravity uses. More secure, more possible to block out third-party programs, and a lot less resource intensive.
I know that, I've messed with it enought. Also this's not the case here, leave the tech RO talk to RMS.

12-16-2013   #38 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Special
Games

Light here, I'm going to break up this fight ...

nah, I'll just eat this cake instead.

12-16-2013   #39 (permalink)
ggFTW Fan

Quote:
Doesn't mean they are any more legal(the ps fyi) either.
If it's using a reverse-engineered server emulator like most MS servers or e/rAthena, and doesn't have any form of cash shop, there's nothing the companies can really do. They're not stealing profits. They're not stealing software. They're... just there.

Quote:
I'm not gonna argue much with that. While it might not be 1k players on, the server is far from deserted you should log on for 3 minutes and see by yorself.
I really don't care to. I hate trash servers.

Quote:
You are repeating yourself with something everyone knows from the start, you should also keep in mind that it's a virtual world.
zomg it r interwebs law dun apply here hurhur!1!1!!!!!1111

Emulators are not illegal. Directly stealing the server software that the company made, however, is.

The amount of sheer ignorance that just because it's online, real-world laws don't apply is hilarious.

Last edited by EgnigemCenia; 12-16-2013 at 10:35 PM.

12-16-2013   #40 (permalink)
Jon
Games

Quote:
Light here, I'm going to break up this fight ...

nah, I'll just eat this cake instead.

ALL HAIL CAKE!