ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Trickster Online General Chat (http://ggftw.com/forum/trickster-online-general-chat/)
-   -   How is everyone doing? (http://ggftw.com/forum/trickster-online-general-chat/121105-how-everyone-doing.html)

Draft 03-03-2013 07:56 PM

How is everyone doing?

A few questions just for the fun of it and get a little activity going in the Trickster Forum again.

1. How difficult was it taking the closure all in?

2. Are you playing a new game? If yes, what is it? Feel free to explain more about your new game(s).

3. With the closure hitting most of the community hard, would you rejoin eTO if it were to re-open?

4. Would you start over, as in lost of everything if eTO were to re-open?

5. Did you felt it wasn't right for eTO to close this early? (This involves knowing that bans, bugs, GameGuard, glitches, and hackers were harming the community.)

If you can't guess already, I been bored lately. I have tried many games, jumping from one to another. Never found anything to replace Trickster yet.

This thread can also be a little discussion thread for the community to catch up with each other.

R 03-03-2013 08:13 PM

Spoiler!

Janna 03-03-2013 08:27 PM

Surprisingly not very hard. I poured a lot of time and money into the game yet it still didn't hit me as hard as I thought. Just dismissed it in a few minutes of reading the news. >:

2. Are you playing a new game? If yes, what is it? Feel free to explain more about your new game(s).
Nope, can't find an MMO I enjoy. Been kind of out of MMOs for a while. Still trying to find a game I like enough that doesn't lag my crappy laptop. xD;

3. With the closure hitting most of the community hard, would you rejoin eTO if it were to re-open?
Yep, of course!

I.. I don't know. I spent so much money on the game so if all of my things were to disappear I'd feel really put off.

5. Did you felt it wasn't right for eTO to close this early? (This involves knowing that bans, bugs, GameGuard, glitches, and hackers were harming the community.)
Nah, it was about time it closed. Was surprised it didn't sooner.

Jessica 03-03-2013 08:42 PM

Not very at all. I got a tiny bit teary eyed the second I got logged out at the end. But, it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. Maybe if it closed two years ago, it would have bothered me more.

Grand Fantasia and my boyfriend started playing Runescape (looool) again so I joined him. And Minecraft for the Xbox.

I would definitely. I wouldn't play often but I would.

I think I would. I wouldn't take it as seriously as I did, I wouldn't spend much, and wouldn't put as much time as I did into it.

I was waiting for it to close. I was kind of surprised it was this soon, but was also surprised it lasted as long as it did.

Ying 03-03-2013 08:46 PM

I honestly didn't believe it at first lol >: but i was quite sadden by the news.

Semi-active on Elsword. Been playing it before the closure of TO.

Most diff. as long i have my account and everything back.

Nope. (Unless my boyfriend decides to still play it)

I have mix feelings for it but overall it's all in for business.

james 03-03-2013 10:03 PM

A little sad, but I had already more or less moved on anyways.

MapleStory, Elsword, I just rotate games really.

Probably not. Maybe if it were under a different company, but probably not.

It'd definitely have to be under a different company, but maybe.

Shocked it didn't close eons ago.

iKandel 03-03-2013 10:47 PM

I didn't believe it at first, then I teared up, and proceeded to ignore it like it wasn't real.

I play Thai Trickster on occation, Spirit Tales on and off, but I'm mostly waiting for Edda to start up again.

In a heartbeat. I spent so much money, I would LOVE to get my stuff back. I also really worked hard on my character too..

I would. I loved my stuff, but I supposed they'd get released again, I wouldn't spend so much money this time around though.

I have mixed feelings. I knew it would eventually, it was a little unexpected, but when they went so long without the maintenance, I kinda figured .

Sakurah 03-03-2013 11:05 PM

Questionnaires are always fun. c:

Spoiler!

Chocille 03-03-2013 11:13 PM

not very

Yeah, I'm playing PSO2, osu!, CS:GO/1.6 and Fantasica lol.

Uhh, maybe. Someone has to convince me to play again if that were to happen.

Sure, why not lol :P

It was already a dead game to me sadly lol.

Zero 03-03-2013 11:17 PM

At first I was shocked. Hit me right in the childhood. The kid in me didn't want to think about it for the remainder it had.

I only play LoL at the moment. Probably won't invest in another MMO.

Depends. New company, gave compensation to old players & etc, sure. If not, then no thanks.

I don't think so. Too much time and money from me to do it once more.

]Yes and no. I noticed the dramatic drop in the community, but I figured thats because loads of people are in college for the duration of fall/winter/spring or gameguard. The community always increased during the summer time.

Marky 03-03-2013 11:25 PM

A few questions just for the fun of it and get a little activity going in the Trickster Forum again.

MY closre occured years ago
my hardship will come with the TO official and ggftw forums closing

no :/

yes

tbh it was looming for two years

Swadloon 03-04-2013 12:18 AM

It was rather sad and frustrating, I was hoping they would get their shit together before something like this happened.. They didn't.

No MMOs, just console games.

If GameGuard is gone and we kept our stuff, I would immediately.

No, I'd miss my old chars and items too much.

I expected it to happen but not this soon, I thought it would take a few more months. That said, I feel like it wasn't right because if they had just removed GameGuard and held out until Paula and the extra character slots were released they might've had a chance and attracted players back and should have decided to shut down only if those things weren't working rather than just jumping the gun and pulling the plug on everything so soon.

Gaap 03-04-2013 12:21 AM

Spoiler!

LauraMix 03-04-2013 03:59 AM

Even though I made some occasional visits on my alt.Lion or Sheep, I am somewhat hurt that I lost my progress in the game with my main account.

Yes, and that is Team Fortress 2 where basically a cartoonish FPS with some humor dialogues as well a pretty good community player base but sadly since the game went to Free-to-Play, the number of hackers has risen each week and plus I'm trying my best to be in a competitive scene.

Yea I would come back in a heartbeat.

Sure why not.

Yes cause without the problem eTO was facing I guess would have hanged on a little longer like MS or another other Long Tern MMORPG that stands out.

Nostalgic 03-04-2013 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnowBerry (Post 1807718)

I was playing again over the summer and it was pretty fun even though the community is so small compared to a few years ago. It is pretty sad that Trickster is closing considering how much I used to love it as a kid. But I have pretty much moved on from it now (I don't really enjoy it as much as I used to) and I'm glad to have some closure.

No time for video games anymore and I just can't get into them. I do think Blade and Soul looks pretty good though.

I probably would but I doubt I would enjoy it.

I would prefer a restart over a continuation of where it left off. But I do feel like I'm at the age (20) where I don't have time for video games.

GameGuard did bring me a lot of trouble. I wasn't really affected by hackers though as I only played over the summer.

:)

Hope you guys all enjoy life after Trickster.

Credo 03-04-2013 05:19 PM

I will have to admit: It was. Right now, when I was about to get my internet connection back inside my house, I was kinda preparing stuff to make a comeback. And, of course, the most important factor - the memories. It is like looking a friend being burried, after it's death. We could had made a lot of rants around the foruns, on the game, whatever the issue was about, all we wanted is to see the game get better. We cared about it.

Now I am just with minecraft, and perhaps i'll make a comeback on League of Legends.
Probably I'll never play MMO's anymore. The only exception would be TERA, since my close friends from TO are playing it. I don't want to lose contact with them. Either the ones who aren't playing it...

Yes.

I already sugested that, a reboot on 2011. I understand that many people would feel bad about it, because of the money spent, but I would.

It had to happen some day. It's really sad... But.....

ChiiPoof 03-04-2013 05:37 PM

it was not as difficult as time passed through.......but after the closure...kinda of bored without it

tried blackout ragnarok online but my friends quit so i quit too

totally would

yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes...wanna it to be fresh...just need to recharge more money
yes =-=

Sandrie 03-04-2013 06:06 PM

Sorry to hijack this thread but:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marky (Post 1807751)
my hardship will come with the TO official and ggftw forums closing

/forum/trickster-onl...ml#post1802549

Now I'm not the one in charge of these decisions, but I very highly doubt that it will get closed or deleted. So to anyone who is worrying about it, please don't.

SEGAMew 03-04-2013 08:28 PM

Q_Q

If I were playing a new game, it wouldn't be an MMO.

Yes times inifinity!

.... as long as they can give me just a Rose-of-Sharon hat... I'll manage.

Of course it's not right! Seriously the first MMO I ever played was Nexus: The Kingdom of the Winds and it's STILL up and running. It's been opened in NA since 1998 (Korea since 1996). It's not the most graphically impressive game ever either. I feel that Trickster has an excellent chance of returning with the force of a thousand typhoons if it was picked up by a dedicated publisher and handled right!

Marceline 03-05-2013 08:46 PM

I had heard about it from my boyfriend, and at first I swore he was messing with me, until I checked the site. I wasn't shocked at all. Only sad. I didn't cry, but I was very sad. I experienced so many things and met so many amazing people, I couldn't believe that place was finally gonna be gone.

I had already semi-quit Trickster to play another game a few months before it closed, but I still miss it all the same.

Of course.

.. As much as I love Trickster, heck no.
Spent way too much money and time.

Wasn't 'early' at all in my opinion. It lasted a lot longer than I would've guessed.