ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Trickster Online > Trickster Online General Chat

League of Legends
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

League of Legends

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
03-24-2013   #41 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games
ElswordMapleStoryTalesweaverTrickster Online

Valor is a jewel in the roughValor is a jewel in the roughValor is a jewel in the roughValor is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Gremms / Valor
Class: Soul Reaper / Mercenary to_mercenary
Level: 51 / 206

1. How difficult was it taking the closure all in?
Trickster had been part of my life since I was 13 years old, and I'm 20 now. Knowing that it was going to shut down was kind of painful to watch. However, I stopped really playing and only popped in for a few months at a time after about 2010, my memories had come and gone by that time already.

2. Are you playing a new game? If yes, what is it? Feel free to explain more about your new game(s).
Elsword, since 2010 or so. Now PSO2 JP and occasionally MapleStory/ACE Online

3. With the closure hitting most of the community hard, would you rejoin eTO if it were to re-open?
Absolutely.

4. Would you start over, as in lost of everything if eTO were to re-open?
Again, absolutely. I cared more about my Buffalo himself than the gear he had on, I wouldn't mind remaking him if I had to.

5. Did you felt it wasn't right for eTO to close this early? (This involves knowing that bans, bugs, GameGuard, glitches, and hackers were harming the community.)
While the game was headed in a poor, cash-driven direction by the developers, there were potential ways to alleviate that for F2P players. But we don't know how much power SGI had over eTO, perhaps they weren't allowed to change things without developer consent?

In my eyes though, its not the game/developer's fault. It was ENTIRELY SGI. There was no excuse to 7767 players, to bring back GameGuard even though it had already proven to be cancer, no reason not to fix glitches, and they cared so little about hackers that they didn't even ban the galder-exploit guy until it started raising public attention.

Basically, SGI did such a piss-poor job handling the game that its almost like the wanted to get rid of it. I don't necessarily blame the GMs, but I will be more than happy to place any and all blame on their higher-ups; those guys handled the company even worse than Nexon does with theirs. That's saying something.

Last edited by Valor; 03-24-2013 at 10:27 PM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
03-29-2013   #42 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

MarkM is a splendid one to beholdMarkM is a splendid one to beholdMarkM is a splendid one to beholdMarkM is a splendid one to beholdMarkM is a splendid one to beholdMarkM is a splendid one to beholdMarkM is a splendid one to beholdMarkM is a splendid one to behold
IGN: MarkMM616,RussellTovey616
Class: Hybrd/Pure to_mercenary
Level: MarkMM616:340 RussellTovey616:335
Guild: ~CRiSiS^

Hard blow, I have been playing for six years and spent countless hours playing, wasted so much money on the game and made so many friends it hurt a lot, also just a day before the closer was announced I managed to forge haxx alties from flash bat to crimson with near max stats in some of the stats I required for my raccoon.

2. Are you playing a new game? If yes, what is it? Feel free to explain more about your new game(s).

Adventure quest worlds.

Long explanation and a bit of promotions so I will hide it.

Spoiler!

3. With the closure hitting most of the community hard, would you rejoin eTO if it were to re-open?

If my characters and equips can be brought back then hell yes, i so want what kto has.

Unless game rage will be willing to make sprints non-timed along with bracer and redo various events and lol boxes again only ata 40% discount then no.

5. Did you felt it wasn't right for eTO to close this early? (This involves knowing that bans, bugs, GameGuard, glitches, and hackers were harming the community.)

Yes, they were releasing things in kto that would of helped revive the game and they could of done more to remove gameguard while searching for better programmers to fix the bugs and glitches.

03-29-2013   #43 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games
Trickster Online

HiroKonobu has a spectacular aura aboutHiroKonobu has a spectacular aura aboutHiroKonobu has a spectacular aura about
IGN: S.Kitsune/S.Sheepie/G.R32
Class: ThiefMaster/Soulmaster/Primadonna to_thiefmaster
Level: 332/194/191
Guild: Cathexis

To be honest it was somewhat shocking, to lose a game I invested 4+ years in and losing my 330+ Fox, I had to take it all in losing it.

Well I did try Leauge of Legends for a bit, but I didn't like it, granted it's a good game, but I felt it wasn't for me, however I've been playing lots of older fighting games at the moment.

Possibly, if it were run better.

See Above.

Yes, I'm just thinking maybe if they actually took the time to fix things, rather than updating myHax maybe they wouldn't have closed the game

04-02-2013   #44 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

iceblade112 is on a distinguished road
Unhappy

Well, I had 2 sleepless nights thinking about Trickster.

Yes, Trickster. Specifically, jTO, pri-twTO, and priTO. :P

Yes.

Yes, without or with GameGuard. Trickster is Trickster.

I felt it was the right time because of GameGuard.

I want my eTO back!

04-09-2013   #45 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games
Trickster Online

xVal will become famous soon enough
IGN: NoelChan
Class: Diva to_primadonna
Level: 1xx
Guild: God Of War

Actually I left before the closing, so it wasn't that hard.

2. Are you playing a new game? If yes, what is it? Feel free to explain more about your new game(s)?
Nope.

Maybe, but I wouldn't play that much.

The same answer.

Trickster already was dead for me since 2010, I kept coming back and leaving.
Most of my great friends left in 2010, and it wasn't the same, I missed them alot.
I met other friends, but it wasnt't the same, TO already got boring for me, with friends or not.

04-12-2013   #46 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

omigoshkitty has a spectacular aura aboutomigoshkitty has a spectacular aura about
IGN: xCupcakesx
Class: Soulmaster
Level: 290
Guild: Supreme

I didn't really know how to feel when I first heard the news, I was so shocked and speechless. It didn't really hit me yet as the game was already semi-dead so I thought that the game closing wouldn't make a difference.

No ): I miss Trickster soooo much, it was my childhood game and it will always be the game that cheered me up and entertained me for hours. It is truly unreplaceableeeeeee!

Of course! I wish it would re-open or at least another version that I can play, because I really wouldn't mind starting over.. As long as I can have the game back. It won't be the same but it's better than nothing.

Definitely. Now that Trickster has been gone for what seems a while, I really wish I could go back and make a character one more time and revisit all the quests and maps again.

Many people already told me it was going to close and I knew it was coming but I didn't think it would be so soon. And what really sucks is I wasn't there on the last day, I had to be at school and now I'm disappointed . I realllllly miss Trickster now and I come to realize it day after day when I haven't played it. Usually I'll log on at least once a day or maybe once every few days and now that it's completely gone, it just feels so weird not playing. I also uninstalled it a few days ago and I felt so sad!