ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Trickster Online > Trickster Online General Chat

Vindictus
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Vindictus

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
02-19-2013   #1 (permalink)
Jon
♥ 09/07/13 to INFINITY. ♥
Games
Trickster OnlineElswordWonderKing OnlineEden Eternal
Awards Admin AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularGuide WriterWiki Task ForceWandering EyeArtifact HoarderPervert Award

Jon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond repute
Default I think I found a single player alternative to Trickster...

It is called Cryamore, but it is still in development. It should be available in early 2014; while I understand this is a while away, development time can change and it has a great possibility to be released at an earlier date (especially since it is doing so well on Kickstarter). Also, while it may not really play like Trickster, it definitely looks like a good distraction!

Quote:
What is Cryamore?

Cryamore is an upcoming Indie action-adventure/RPG hybrid, inspired in art style and gameplay by games like Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, Megaman, and Secret of Mana.

What is Cryamore about?

Cryamore is about a spunky bookworm who goes by the name of Esmyrelda Maximus! Cryamore is a mineral discovered by her early settlers on Noka Island to replace the now-ancient steam-powered technology. It was later found out that they could be used as elemental catalysts to power a wide variety of things, even humans.

But this is causing an imbalance on the island, causing monsters to appear out of nowhere and sapping the town’s resources. Since Esmy (her nickname she prefers to be called) is passionate and a good candidate for Cryamore research, she’s commissioned by the Town Council Chief to search for alternate Cryamore resources, which spirals into a much more ominous dilemma.

What will Cryamore's gameplay be like?

In short, a mix of Zelda (exploration/puzzles), Secret of Mana (combat), and Megaman (strategy). For a more detailed description, read this!
Here's some of the music that will be in the game, I find it to be absolutely fantastic!
If you happen to be interested, I have several very informative links:
  • Kickstarter project page: You can donate to the team here, and see a lot more information about the game!
  • Cryamore dev blog: A development blog, of course, but there's also extra information about the story and characters in here. Plus, it has a great FAQ.

The game will be $20, feels right. It will be available on Steam, Android, OUYA, iOS, and Linux. If there happens to be more support (as of this post, the project is sitting at the $174k mark) it'll even be on consoles ($225k for console support, but they'll have paypal support open a little while after the KS project has ended if the goal wasn't reached).

Last edited by Jon; 02-19-2013 at 11:18 AM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
02-19-2013   #2 (permalink)
200%♥
Games
Trickster OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Facebook FanPervert Award

LauraMix has disabled reputation

I like it.

"There is no Real ending. It's just the place where you stop the story." -Frank Herbert

02-19-2013   #3 (permalink)
The Truth Is, I Love You ♥
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineLa TaleRagnarok OnlineLegend of Edda
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerLucky StreakTreasure HunterFacebook FanTwitter Fan

Esper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: BabyTakumi
Class: Maestro
Guild: FrenchBread

Hm...looks interesting.

Home is where someone is thinking about you ▪ crafting resource guidesymphonyblog
健全なる魂は ◦ 健全なる精神と ◦ 健全なる肉体に宿る ◦

02-19-2013   #4 (permalink)
Jon
Games
Awards Admin AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularGuide WriterWiki Task ForceWandering EyeArtifact HoarderPervert Award

Jon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraMix
I like it.
I had a feeling you would. You appreciate the fine arts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esper
Hm...looks interesting.
That it does, my friend! Reminds me of Tomba and Trickster in a way, hah.

02-19-2013   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games
TibiaTrickster Online

Credo has a spectacular aura aboutCredo has a spectacular aura aboutCredo has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Credo Send a message via Skype™ to Credo
IGN: Credo(R.I.P.)

To make me play a single player, it must be a great game. And that one is not really the kind of game that would make me pay 20$ ... But, however, I wish luck to it developers.

On 2014 my waiting will be done, perhaps i will be playing Star Citizen...
Star Citizen | Roberts Space Industries

But for now, I'll give that " TERA " a try...

02-19-2013   #6 (permalink)
Magnolia Wine
Games
World of WarcraftElswordLeague of Legends

Rhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Rhois Send a message via Skype™ to Rhois

There's also 'Crystal Kingdom' which you can find on Steam's Greenlight. It's being developed as an MMORPG in an art style and combat similar to Seiken Densetsu 3/Secret of Mana.

02-19-2013   #7 (permalink)
1st banned
Games
Trickster OnlineElswordSD Gundam Online: Capsule Fighter

Zero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Zero
IGN: ProtoShot
Class: Scientist to_scientist
Level: 25x
Guild: Revolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhois
There's also 'Crystal Kingdom' which you can find on Steam's Greenlight. It's being developed as an MMORPG in an art style and combat similar to Seiken Densetsu 3/Secret of Mana.
Looked it up and oh man I'd play the hell out of that!

Secret of Mana was a big part of my childhood on the SNES

Last edited by Zero; 02-19-2013 at 02:20 PM.

02-19-2013   #8 (permalink)
Magnolia Wine
Games
World of WarcraftElswordLeague of Legends

Rhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Rhois Send a message via Skype™ to Rhois

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero
Looked it up and oh man I'd play the hell out of that!

Secret of Mana was a big part og my childhood on the SNES
Yup! SD3 and SoM was pretty much all I played as a child. Can't wait for it to finish being developed.

02-19-2013   #9 (permalink)
bitch pls
Special
Games
Asda StoryDragon SagaEmil Chronicle OnlineLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Queen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Queen Send a message via Skype™ to Queen
IGN: Tama Ashenstone
Class: SMN

You had me at LoZ/SD3

Diablo III North America Glacea#1307
League of Legends Queen Nimera, Level 20
New Leaf/Pokemon XY 4511 - 0825 - 1589

02-19-2013   #10 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Ruriko is a jewel in the roughRuriko is a jewel in the roughRuriko is a jewel in the roughRuriko is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Rosuvaise/Chifusa
Class: Sheep/Fox

Wish it was a MMORPG then it can be a trickster clone

02-19-2013   #11 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
Spiral KnightsMicroVolts OnlineTrickster OnlineEden Eternal

jooozek is on a distinguished road
IGN: PifPafKaboom
Class: Inventor/Scientist to_inventor
Level: 1xx

If you want something Zeldaish, try out Spiral Knights. The game evolved a lot ever since the launch. If you want unlimited dungeon exploring it will cost you $5.95 monthly.

02-19-2013   #12 (permalink)
Feeling nostalgic, huh?
Games
Trickster OnlinePangyaAuditionzOMG!
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerFacebook FanPervert Award

Gaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Gaap
IGN: Makina
Class: Multi-Character to_boxer
Level: Pro D
Guild: Magika

This looks hella promising. Plus I need some games like that into my wishlist. (As I can't buy the games right away per say...) But this will.. Be a long time.. 2014... Yea~ But thank you for sharing, Vith!

02-20-2013   #13 (permalink)
Jon
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhois
This looks awesome, thank you! Co-op looks a little wonky, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaap
This looks hella promising. Plus I need some games like that into my wishlist. (As I can't buy the games right away per say...) But this will.. Be a long time.. 2014... Yea~ But thank you for sharing, Vith!
You're most welcome~

02-21-2013   #14 (permalink)
Benevolent Misfortune
Games
Ragnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineGunboundLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Sanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud of
IGN: Sanichi
Class: Scholar
Level: 50
Guild: FrenchBread

I wouldn't consider it an alternative to Trickster Online.
I'd consider an interesting project all on it's own.

--—Frenchbread is

02-23-2013   #15 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

MattLanter is on a distinguished road

Just looks like a failed version of Bastion (best game ever) if you ask me.

02-23-2013   #16 (permalink)
Jon
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattLanter
Just looks like a failed version of Bastion (best game ever) if you ask me.
Do you happen to work at Supergiant Games? If not, it is quite strange that your first post happens to be this.

Anyway, Cryamore is quite a bit different than Bastion. The art style is different for one, and the gameplay is quite a lot different (plus how combat is presented).

02-24-2013   #17 (permalink)
ggFTW Fan
Awards Facebook Fan

vs824 is on a distinguished road
IGN: SoulStasis

Cool.. Honestly i dont like 3D games at all. I prefer games with sprites.

02-24-2013   #18 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Tardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond repute

EverPlanet is pretty nice too.