ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Trickster Online General Chat (http://ggftw.com/forum/trickster-online-general-chat/)
-   -   I think I found a single player alternative to Trickster... (http://ggftw.com/forum/trickster-online-general-chat/120950-i-think-i-found-single-player-alternative-trickster.html)

Jon 02-19-2013 10:10 AM

I think I found a single player alternative to Trickster...

It is called Cryamore, but it is still in development. It should be available in early 2014; while I understand this is a while away, development time can change and it has a great possibility to be released at an earlier date (especially since it is doing so well on Kickstarter). Also, while it may not really play like Trickster, it definitely looks like a good distraction!

Quote:

What is Cryamore?

Cryamore is an upcoming Indie action-adventure/RPG hybrid, inspired in art style and gameplay by games like Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, Megaman, and Secret of Mana.

What is Cryamore about?

Cryamore is about a spunky bookworm who goes by the name of Esmyrelda Maximus! Cryamore is a mineral discovered by her early settlers on Noka Island to replace the now-ancient steam-powered technology. It was later found out that they could be used as elemental catalysts to power a wide variety of things, even humans.

But this is causing an imbalance on the island, causing monsters to appear out of nowhere and sapping the town’s resources. Since Esmy (her nickname she prefers to be called) is passionate and a good candidate for Cryamore research, she’s commissioned by the Town Council Chief to search for alternate Cryamore resources, which spirals into a much more ominous dilemma.

What will Cryamore's gameplay be like?

In short, a mix of Zelda (exploration/puzzles), Secret of Mana (combat), and Megaman (strategy). For a more detailed description, read this!
Here's some of the music that will be in the game, I find it to be absolutely fantastic!
If you happen to be interested, I have several very informative links:
  • Kickstarter project page: You can donate to the team here, and see a lot more information about the game!
  • Cryamore dev blog: A development blog, of course, but there's also extra information about the story and characters in here. Plus, it has a great FAQ.

The game will be $20, feels right. It will be available on Steam, Android, OUYA, iOS, and Linux. If there happens to be more support (as of this post, the project is sitting at the $174k mark) it'll even be on consoles ($225k for console support, but they'll have paypal support open a little while after the KS project has ended if the goal wasn't reached).

LauraMix 02-19-2013 10:27 AM

I like it.

Esper 02-19-2013 10:34 AM

Hm...looks interesting.

Jon 02-19-2013 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LauraMix (Post 1805678)
I like it.

I had a feeling you would. You appreciate the fine arts. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esper (Post 1805681)
Hm...looks interesting.

That it does, my friend! Reminds me of Tomba and Trickster in a way, hah.

Credo 02-19-2013 11:00 AM

To make me play a single player, it must be a great game. And that one is not really the kind of game that would make me pay 20$ ... But, however, I wish luck to it developers.

On 2014 my waiting will be done, perhaps i will be playing Star Citizen...
Star Citizen | Roberts Space Industries

But for now, I'll give that " TERA " a try...

Rhois 02-19-2013 12:03 PM

There's also 'Crystal Kingdom' which you can find on Steam's Greenlight. It's being developed as an MMORPG in an art style and combat similar to Seiken Densetsu 3/Secret of Mana.

Zero 02-19-2013 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhois (Post 1805692)
There's also 'Crystal Kingdom' which you can find on Steam's Greenlight. It's being developed as an MMORPG in an art style and combat similar to Seiken Densetsu 3/Secret of Mana.

Looked it up and oh man I'd play the hell out of that!

Secret of Mana was a big part of my childhood on the SNES :py11:

Rhois 02-19-2013 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zero (Post 1805698)
Looked it up and oh man I'd play the hell out of that!

Secret of Mana was a big part og my childhood on the SNES :py11:

Yup! SD3 and SoM was pretty much all I played as a child. Can't wait for it to finish being developed.

Queen 02-19-2013 02:51 PM

You had me at LoZ/SD3

Ruriko 02-19-2013 03:36 PM

Wish it was a MMORPG then it can be a trickster clone :(

jooozek 02-19-2013 04:54 PM

If you want something Zeldaish, try out Spiral Knights. The game evolved a lot ever since the launch. If you want unlimited dungeon exploring it will cost you $5.95 monthly.

Gaap 02-19-2013 09:02 PM

This looks hella promising. Plus I need some games like that into my wishlist. (As I can't buy the games right away per say...) But this will.. Be a long time.. 2014... Yea~ But thank you for sharing, Vith!

Jon 02-20-2013 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhois (Post 1805692)

This looks awesome, thank you! Co-op looks a little wonky, though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaap (Post 1805751)
This looks hella promising. Plus I need some games like that into my wishlist. (As I can't buy the games right away per say...) But this will.. Be a long time.. 2014... Yea~ But thank you for sharing, Vith!

You're most welcome~

Sanichi 02-21-2013 12:14 PM

I wouldn't consider it an alternative to Trickster Online.
I'd consider an interesting project all on it's own.

MattLanter 02-23-2013 02:04 AM

Just looks like a failed version of Bastion (best game ever) if you ask me.

Jon 02-23-2013 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattLanter (Post 1806212)
Just looks like a failed version of Bastion (best game ever) if you ask me.

Do you happen to work at Supergiant Games? If not, it is quite strange that your first post happens to be this.

Anyway, Cryamore is quite a bit different than Bastion. The art style is different for one, and the gameplay is quite a lot different (plus how combat is presented).

vs824 02-24-2013 03:25 AM

Cool.. Honestly i dont like 3D games at all. I prefer games with sprites.

Tardar 02-24-2013 05:44 PM

EverPlanet is pretty nice too.