ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Trickster Online General Chat (http://ggftw.com/forum/trickster-online-general-chat/)
-   -   Suggestion for Goldita!~ (http://ggftw.com/forum/trickster-online-general-chat/120924-suggestion-goldita.html)

Bullets 02-17-2013 04:46 AM

Suggestion for Goldita!~

Hello everybody
I was thinking that to make life easier for GM_Goldita and people will have to wait for their items that would be best, Goldita create NPCs that give items most requested by people (HP, AC, AD, MA, LK, AP, HV Crests / Repair Powder / Level Up Gift Box / Boxes Altiverse / Nates Bottle / alexandrites / Adamantites / Tempering Gem Gold / Pink and Amethyst Elixir/4Gs/Charter Box / and CFs) with this, people will have their items faster and will save Goldita's work.

I hope you have understood, thanks and try to meke Goldita see this thread

SteelFlex 02-17-2013 05:34 AM

But then some people would go over the 15 item limit :/
It's a good idea though

fate23 02-17-2013 05:56 AM

I think that would be hard as that means another NPC which is completely different from a GM generating items. Aside from that a lot of people want different things like fuses or unique.

InfernalGuy 02-17-2013 06:36 AM

Too much work for only 10 more days

srecd 02-17-2013 06:42 AM

Yeah, the GMs can't just create a new exchange/sales NPC on the fly. That would require development time and a server maintenance to get set up, neither of which are going to happen less than two weeks from the end. Neat idea, though.

Prince 02-17-2013 06:49 AM

As you know the thread was closed, and I'm guessing it was either due to GM_Goldita helping us secretly but then the higher ups found out or it was getting out of hand.
Making an NPC is not that easy like you make it sound, copy paste and walla! I know basic level programming and usually just a simple NPC has tons of lines of code. Imagine a NPC that could give any item in-game. Way to much code and the implementation would cause trouble for the rest of the game. I know from experience the server would lag or crash when multiple requests are sent at the same time. Plus, I doubt the higher ups would let it happen, so yeah, don't get your hopes up. ._.

Bullets 02-17-2013 08:50 AM

I think is easyer to add in "iten girl npc" the most required itens for free and wait 1 or 2 days to make this change then wait till the last day to get the eqps

-.-' I'm just trying to help

Bullets 02-17-2013 10:06 AM

Oh men you're rude... I said just wana help -.-'

Zero 02-17-2013 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InfernalGuy (Post 1805327)
People, WHO ACTUALLY KNOWS A SHIT ABOUT CODING, told you, that it's not as easy as it might seem!

Off topic: this whole thread is so damn retarded, you get a chance to get all the items you ever wanted from Goldita, but nooo, it's not enough, you must MILK EVERY CENT out of her. At least show some respect to both her and our beloved, although dead, game.

Lock the thread please :|

And what about the people who spent a lot of money on the game? Don't we deserve to milk this until it's last breathing day? I think so. With the amount of money I spent I should own half of the game. Other's have spent way more and deserve their free stuff as well. So get out of here with the whole "oh poor GMs for doing their job".

Trust me, this is the LEAST they could do for us as a community.

Bullets 02-17-2013 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zero (Post 1805330)
And what about the people who spent a lot of money on the game? Don't we deserve to milk this until it's last breathing day? I think so. With the amount of money I spent I should own half of the game. Other's have spent way more and deserve their free stuff as well. So get out of here with the whole "oh poor GMs for doing their job".

Trust me, this is the LEAST they could do for us as a community.

I agree with you we deserve it...Peoples who spent money and asked for things ll never get it... Goldita's doing 1 page a day

Valese 02-17-2013 02:17 PM

Ugh. Yes Goldita is only able to finish 1 page a day. Why? Because people DON'T KNOW HOW TO READ. (The ones that posted after I let them know about the 15 item limit.) She's actually nice enough to CONSIDER sending items to the people that requested more than 15, instead of skipping or ignoring.

You guys are making it seem like she doesn't care, guess what, she's working hours and hours only sending items to everyone to feed their greediness. I'm sorry for being so harsh but I can't understand why people would want over 50 items to be sent to them 2 weeks before the game ends.

"We spent so much we deserve to milk every cent out of them." For what? For it to be gone in 10 days?

And a last thing. Goldita isn't doing this because she has to. I doubt she's even getting paid for doing this. It was a spontaneous decision of her to be nice and people went way over the limit. Sorry but this had to be said. -_- (i.e. 'hercules' requesting tons of items for more than 5 characters??)

Instead of staying greedy, maybe we should be thankful they're doing what they can to help. Oh and before anyone says "It's their fault TO is shutting down" yea, I seriously doubt it's the GM's fault. If anything it would be SGi's higher ups we need to blame.

And yes I know you're only trying to help Bulets, but no one will be happy with anything at this point. If they would make an NPC like that (which is highly unlikely) and put 10 different items on the exchange list, people would still ask for more, or wonder why 'this' or 'that' isn't on the list.

Nebula 02-17-2013 02:55 PM

I semi agree with your idea, but definitely agree with what Val has said in her above post.

It takes a while.
For the letters to santa event that I won, Raven had to physically log into my bunny and gift all the prizes. It took her a good 15 minutes, that was for about 8 items, so imagine 15 minutes a person along with 25 people per pages. That is 6.5 hours work. so have patience and appreciation. This is not to mention consideration for your peers.

I will also stress that Godolita was nice enough to let us post on the forums. I believe a significant number of the people who posted (including myself) no longer log into the game.

Sakurah 02-17-2013 08:07 PM

Ahahahahahahahaaaa... this comm never fails to amuse me, even when nearing TO's closure. X)

But yeah, I agree to what Val said. And personally, I wouldn't ask a thing from Goldita. I've already worked hard for my own stuff, I'm content with that fact.

EDIT: Oh saw that the request thread closed. lulz Still wouldn't ask a thing.

Seiyaryu 02-17-2013 09:02 PM

I think ma'am Goldita should just open Witch's Dungeon :)

Zero 02-17-2013 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valese (Post 1805351)
"We spent so much we deserve to milk every cent out of them." For what? For it to be gone in 10 days?

By that logic, it makes little sense for her to even be doing this in the first place. Yeah, the game is closing down. Yeah she offered to do this, she doesn't have to. We get it. However if someone is going to offer a deal like this, I'm personally going to milk it for what it's worth. Albeit the last 10 days, I want it to be a great last 10 days to remember TO. I don't care if you guys "earn" your shit. I don't care if you guys want to play white knight and cry over people "exploting" someones kindness. It's the way the world works. Don't offer if you can't handle what comes with it.

After all, there's only 10 days left.

Also, for the people who spent a dime on the game, we certainly deserve the best enjoyment we can get these last few days. I understand the game was "Free" to play, but any long term player has spent money on this game. So please save that subjective argument.

MrCoconut 02-18-2013 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zero (Post 1805419)
By that logic, it makes little sense for her to even be doing this in the first place. Yeah, the game is closing down. Yeah she offered to do this, she doesn't have to. We get it. However if someone is going to offer a deal like this, I'm personally going to milk it for what it's worth. Albeit the last 10 days, I want it to be a great last 10 days to remember TO. I don't care if you guys "earn" your shit. I don't care if you guys want to play white knight and cry over people "exploting" someones kindness. It's the way the world works. Don't offer if you can't handle what comes with it.

After all, there's only 10 days left.

I think what Valese is trying to say is, GM Goldita is NOT required to send us free items. She did it spontaneously. She did it because she wanted us to have a memorable experience (for those who wanted to be hax, or look smexy).

And I admit, I really wanted more than 15 items, but sometimes you have to think other people as well. You can't just abuse just because she has a power or because the game is closing down. I edited my post 30+ times just so I can fit all I want without exceeding 15 items.

Well, If I were GM Goldita, I'd pretty much do the same thing. Whether the job is easy or not, some people didn't even bother reading the 1st post. Someone even posted 100 items. I'd be really pissed if a lot of people didn't follow directions.

Yes, some of us spent a lot of money in-game. I spent more than $200. It may be a lot less than some people but hey, I'm not complaining. GM Goldita is not the one who should be blamed. She's only working for SGI. She doesn't even handle the money that's circulating around the company.

"Do not do to other what you don't want others to do unto you". I guess this saying somewhat applies here. Goldita was thoughtful to give us our request but some people are just too greedy. It's only fair for her to close the thread and stop giving items.

Maybe she has work to do on other SGI games that's why she gave a limit so it wouldn't be too hard for her.

But I guess you just haven't put yourself in her situation.

Quote:

Also, for the people who spent a dime on the game, we certainly deserve the best enjoyment we can get these last few days. I understand the game was "Free" to play, but any long term player has spent money on this game. So please save that subjective argument.

Quote:

With the amount of money I spent I should own half of the game.

Well, we all know online games are bound to end sooner or later. It's just a question of when. If you spent a lot of money in-game then that's your problem. Don't expect to get anything back when a game closes just because YOU spent so much.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebula (Post 1805361)
For the letters to santa event that I won, Raven had to physically log into my bunny and gift all the prizes. It took her a good 15 minutes, that was for about 8 items, so imagine 15 minutes a person along with 25 people per pages. That is 6.5 hours work. so have patience and appreciation. This is not to mention consideration for your peers.

Thanks for pointing it out that sending items is not as easy as typing the item name and amount and sending it to the receiver. :)

She DID say only a maximum of 15 items are allowed. I bet sending those 15 items aren't really that easy either. If 8 items took 15 minutes, then 15 items will take approximately 30 minutes. I would like you to send all those 20, 30, 40, 50, 100-item requests per person and counting and let's see if you won't do the same.

Zero 02-18-2013 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrCoconut (Post 1805486)
I think what Valese is trying to say is, GM Goldita is NOT required to send us free items. She did it spontaneously. She did it because she wanted us to have a memorable experience (for those who wanted to be hax, or look smexy).

And I admit, I really wanted more than 15 items, but sometimes you have to think other people as well. You can't just abuse just because she has a power or because the game is closing down. I edited my post 30+ times just so I can fit all I want without exceeding 15 items.

Well, If I were GM Goldita, I'd pretty much do the same thing. Whether the job is easy or not, some people didn't even bother reading the 1st post. Someone even posted 100 items. I'd be really pissed if a lot of people didn't follow directions.

Yes, some of us spent a lot of money in-game. I spent more than $200. It may be a lot less than some people but hey, I'm not complaining. GM Goldita is not the one who should be blamed. She's only working for SGI. She doesn't even handle the money that's circulating around the company.

"Do not do to other what you don't want others to do unto you". I guess this saying somewhat applies here. Goldita was thoughtful to give us our request but some people are just too greedy. It's only fair for her to close the thread and stop giving items.

Maybe she has work to do on other SGI games that's why she gave a limit so it wouldn't be too hard for her.

But I guess you just haven't put yourself in her situation.

Well, we all know online games are bound to end sooner or later. It's just a question of when. If you spent a lot of money in-game then that's your problem. Don't expect to get anything back when a game closes just because YOU spent so much.

Thanks for pointing it out that sending items is not as easy as typing the item name and amount and sending it to the receiver. :)

She DID say only a maximum of 15 items are allowed. I bet sending those 15 items aren't really that easy either. If 8 items took 15 minutes, then 15 items will take approximately 30 minutes. I would like you to send all those 20, 30, 40, 50, 100-item requests per person and counting and let's see if you won't do the same.

Some of what you said makes me think you haven't been around long enough to understand that SGI as a company is very money hungry. TO would of died long, long ago if it weren't for people like myself who literally paid to play. Did you forget when everyone would cry and "quit" because of lolboxes? How about then they'd banter out "OMG THEY'RE SO MONEY HUNGRY I CANT BELIEVE THEM" or the usual "MAYBE IF THEY FOCUSED ON CONTENT INSTEAD OF MONEY" topics? Please.

Do not mention a player and GREED without pointing fingers at SGI first.

I get that the GM's don't have much to do with that, but for the passed year and a half the GM's could of been absent with the lack of anything they did for the community. (Aside from updates..but hey, that's how a game runs).

TinyLegs 02-18-2013 07:50 AM

not trying to sound like an ass but comon.. that's the least they can do for years of playing nonestop

fate23 02-18-2013 08:04 AM

1st of they're aren't oblige to give you anything for playing a long time or if spent tons. If you're gonna say that they had crappy service and stuff then you shouldn't have played that long. If you're gonna say that you wanted to play cause you love the game or something then that was your own decision and they aren't accounted for that. But since the GM is giving these free stuff I don't think there's any reason to complain. It's not like they stopped giving these things and left the rest of the pages. If you posted late then that again is your own fault. Throughout the years of crappy service this doesn't count as one of them.

PS. To people who asked for items with random stats (ex: corvid/char/nyxx/noxx/goddess box), if you asked for specific items, you most likely will get something with wrong stats+no slots. Well this is my theory, powerful stuff and alts also included.

jooozek 02-18-2013 08:12 AM

stenchy greed