ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Trickster Online General Chat (http://ggftw.com/forum/trickster-online-general-chat/)
-   -   What publisher would you like to see obtain the rights to eTO? (http://ggftw.com/forum/trickster-online-general-chat/120619-what-publisher-would-you-like-see-obtain-rights-eto.html)

Jon 01-25-2013 04:08 PM

What publisher would you like to see obtain the rights to eTO?

Personally, I think Nexon NA would do a real good job. The game would be a lot more active.

I would really like to see it with a account wipe, and the game how it was during 2006 with gradual updates (to eventually how it is now) every two weeks/month.

Veloze 01-25-2013 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vith (Post 1801235)
I would really like to see it with a account wipe, and the game how it was during 2006 with gradual updates (to eventually how it is now) every two weeks/month.

...What?
Why would any company do that?

Jon 01-25-2013 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Veloze (Post 1801236)
Why would any company do that?

I'm not saying it would happen, just something I would like to see happen.

Account wipes are very possible, though.

iTaker 01-25-2013 04:15 PM

You think NEXON??? would do a great job? My friend Nexon is shit. xD

Jon 01-25-2013 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destroyer68 (Post 1801239)

You have a point, but Nexon is better than SGI. I mainly want Nexon NA to become a publisher to eTO, because the game would be a lot more noticed. The game style fits the usual genre of games they host, as well.

Kusuriuri 01-25-2013 04:21 PM

Nexon gets a lot of shit but they're not as bad as people frequently make them out to be (That's not to say that they are free of fault, however). From all the things I've been reading over the last couple days, they're certainly better than SGi :I

Tardar 01-25-2013 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destroyer68 (Post 1801239)

Nexon is probably the best North American, exclusively free to play MMO publisher. People give them a lot of shit and yet at the end of the day they still make an infinitely better game than most NA publishers.

Almora 01-25-2013 04:37 PM

I'm iffy with Nexon, since it does have its share of horrid lower rank to higher up communication issues. I do however, agree with Jare's words.

I really don't have anyone in mind atm honestly.

Just leaving this here, boop.

Ruriko 01-25-2013 05:00 PM

If you want nexon to host TO try emailing them so they know that TO is shutting down

AionDarkness 01-25-2013 06:42 PM

I personally would not recommend Nexon simply because if the game does not meet their expectations, they will literally let it die a lot worse. For example, months before Audition's contract was to expire, they knew they weren't renewing so chose not to add any updates at all. Instead they took out songs week after week and kept telling its users that the game was fine and not to worry. We on the other hand at least still got updates up to a month before the announcement.

Tardar 01-25-2013 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AionDarkness (Post 1801268)
I personally would not recommend Nexon simply because if the game does not meet their expectations, they will literally let it die a lot worse. For example, months before Audition's contract was to expire, they knew they weren't renewing so chose not to add any updates at all. Instead they took out songs week after week and kept telling its users that the game was fine and not to worry. We on the other hand at least still got updates up to a month before the announcement.

"Working as intended"

(If you're (any individual) struggling to understand, it means you're so biased that it's not worth my time.)

Queen 01-25-2013 06:59 PM

I feel like if ANY NA publisher can revive TO, it's Nexon. It's still going to be the premiere NA MMORPG publisher. If TO can't survive with Nexon, it can't survive. Think of all the MapleStory players out there, and the sheer volume of MS servers. Now think of Nexon having a 'Special Cash Package for Nexon Players to try this new MMORPG, Trickster!'

Every company is going to have it's shit. WoW's still regarded as THE MMO, and even their GMs use the infamous 'Working as Intended' line (which is 100% unrelated to James's post but I just wanted to point out that I think due to contracts it's all the GMs can tell us)

If Nexon doesn't pick it up I consider TO as good as dead. I don't think another gaming company could resurrect it, especially since 2d/2.5d is a dying breed. Sidescrollers will always have their place, but 3d games are more achievable as even standard systems are better equip to run them.

AionDarkness 01-25-2013 07:10 PM

Well yeah like I said I just didn't recommend it but any publisher is as good as any at this point.

Btw I doubt it'll work but I think contacting NCSoft Korea and asking them if they can get NCWest to publish it would be worth a shot as well since NCSoft bought out Ntreev last year so there wouldn't really be much publishing costs for them.

Mis 01-25-2013 07:58 PM

Well what I want to say is, the point is not about which company is better to revive TO, the point is about we need a bloody company to revive it AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, so send email or anything to ALL OF THEM maybe!

alkeiser 01-25-2013 08:05 PM

I vote for nDoors USA :py04:

Tardar 01-25-2013 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alkeiser (Post 1801279)
I vote for nDoors USA :py04:

Which is owned by Nexon.....

alkeiser 01-25-2013 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jare (Post 1801281)
Which is owned by Nexon.....

:py28::py28::py28:

didn know about that:py22:

I thought Nexon USA just "kidnaped" some of nDoors USA members to help in Atlantica.

But yea....
I dunno if nDoors USA still managing US mmo or even still exist :py22:
none eh? :py07:

MrCoconut 01-25-2013 08:59 PM

You do realized that eTO is global, meaning players can play in all regions, be it from Asia or Europe.

I think if Nexon NA picks up eTO then I'm sure only NA people can play it. I'm from Philippines and I once tried playing DragonNest Nexon and I had to bypass my IP everytime I log on. It works but good luck to you if you are going to do it EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

Tardar 01-25-2013 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrCoconut (Post 1801300)
You do realized that eTO is global, meaning players can play in all regions, be it from Asia or Europe.

I think if Nexon NA picks up eTO then I'm sure only NA people can play it. I'm from Philippines and I once tried playing DragonNest Nexon and I had to bypass my IP everytime I log on. It works but good luck to you if you are going to do it EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

Depends on the contract that they have. Dragon Nest is region locked because there's a Dragon Nest SEA, so more than likely Nexon NA is obligated to lock out SEA players so that they're not in direct competition with whatever company hosts SEA.

vs824 01-25-2013 09:09 PM

I really do hope Nexon will assume TO. Just look at Maplestory, it has been on before TO. Now TO is closing and maplestory is alive.

I am playing maplestory as well and i know Nexon is better than SGI/Gamerage.

If only Nexon would find out.