ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Trickster Online > Trickster Online General Chat

Iris Online
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Iris Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
01-25-2013   #21 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Lacerta is on a distinguished road
Class: Fiona / Evie / Lann
Level: 22 / 27 / 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jare
Depends on the contract that they have. Dragon Nest is region locked because there's a Dragon Nest SEA, so more than likely Nexon NA is obligated to lock out SEA players so that they're not in direct competition with whatever company hosts SEA.
Yeah this.

Think about it for a second. If Dragon Nest SEA did not exist at the time but discussions were going on with a publisher that wanted to do it, the existence of a region that already has players from SEA would deter them from wanting to even sign a contract. Why would you bother paying for the rights to manage Dragon Nest for your region if all the players are invested in an area outside of your control?

Considering that other areas of the world have no interest in touching the game for their region, Trickster is potentially safe from that sort of thing. That doesn't mean it couldn't happen of course.

I also agree with the statement that if it can't survive if Nexon picked it up then it just plain can't survive.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
01-25-2013   #22 (permalink)
NYO~HO HO!
Special
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineMabinogiS4 LeagueSpiral Knights
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerWandering Eye

Dani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Dani
IGN: FearmyLEGS
Class: i shoot you lt_gunslinger
Level: E

Also consider the fact that Trickster itself is a really dated game. Gameguard is broken as hell with no permanent fix after x amount of years (back when I played Trickster in late 2009, that's when the gameguard issues started with vista). Even if Nexon thought of picking up Trickster, would they as a company want to devote themselves to weeding out the many bugs and broken BS that Ntreev/SGI left behind? Would it really be efficient to get the publishing rights to Trickster, hoping that new players will be attracted to this game instead of newer games which are f2p (TERA as of a week from now, PSO2 come spring, and so forth) and also sport newer features such as a lot of character customization, wasd action gameplay, and so forth?

Trickster's fanbase is a lot smaller than it was when I played/before ololololrevolutioneclipsestupidrevamps that killed pretty much all good social interaction in the game from grind areas like Path to Oops, Bugbears, Norasprays (before Ghost Blue derped for many years) and so forth. I don't see why Nexon would pick up this game unless they were cocky or determined enough to pull in players from their other more up-to-date games to a dated game like Trickster that is fated to die.

This is just my personal opinion as a CB/OB Trickster player who quit a long time ago for greener pastures.

ggFTW RulesggFTW Eventscomedy.mp4
My fingers trace lines of azures and scarlets, following the viridian milky ways above
To the poetry of fourteen billion years of light that mellows my heart into a melody

01-26-2013   #23 (permalink)
1st banned
Games
Trickster OnlineElswordSD Gundam Online: Capsule Fighter

Zero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Zero
IGN: ProtoShot
Class: Scientist to_scientist
Level: 25x
Guild: Revolution

I'd also have to go with Nexon.

I'm still utterly surprised with Maple Storys life-span. That game is honestly a PoS(I have tried countless time to actually enjoy myself in that game, terrible terrible game). So I know Nexon could save TO if they took the reigns on it.

01-26-2013   #24 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of Legends

InfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond repute

Why NA? Make an EU version -.-

01-26-2013   #25 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlineEden Eternal

KahruNYA has a brilliant futureKahruNYA has a brilliant futureKahruNYA has a brilliant futureKahruNYA has a brilliant futureKahruNYA has a brilliant futureKahruNYA has a brilliant futureKahruNYA has a brilliant futureKahruNYA has a brilliant futureKahruNYA has a brilliant futureKahruNYA has a brilliant futureKahruNYA has a brilliant future
IGN: Kahru | Reimuu | Conduite
Class: Soul Master | Witch | Champion to_soulmaster
Level: 3xx/36x | 23x/2xx | 14x/13x

After doing a little bit of snooping around various sources and checking information, if anyone was going to grab Trickster it would probably be Nexon. Not saying the probability is very high, nor can I read minds (to my knowledge) but the chance is certainly there. I have no doubt Nexon already knows/knew.

Who I would like to see host the game? If Nexon wants it, I say let them have it. If that means starting over from level 1 with a potential new playerbase - however sad I will be to bid farewell to my character - I would still play it again.

Only used IGNs: Kahru | Reimuu. Anyone else claiming to be me is a scammer.

01-26-2013   #26 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of Legends

InfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KahruNYA
After doing a little bit of snooping around various sources and checking information, if anyone was going to grab Trickster it would probably be Nexon. Not saying the probability is very high, nor can I read minds (to my knowledge) but the chance is certainly there. I have no doubt Nexon already knows/knew.

Who I would like to see host the game? If Nexon wants it, I say let them have it. If that means starting over from level 1 with a potential new playerbase - however sad I will be to bid farewell to my character - I would still play it again.

Yeah, probably this. I wouldn't really mind losing everything just to keep playing it and Nexon is honestly NOT that bad how people tend to talk :|

01-26-2013   #27 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games
Trickster Online

iKandel is on a distinguished road
IGN: iKandel
Class: Priest to_wizard
Level: 28x
Guild: [Arcanite]

If that's the case, then I hope Nexon will pick it up. I'll start over, I mean I'm sure we've all done it about a hundred times by now, so what would be the difference. I just want to be able to keep playing. <3

01-26-2013   #28 (permalink)
ggFTW Fan

PortgasDNikarium is a jewel in the roughPortgasDNikarium is a jewel in the roughPortgasDNikarium is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Altiverse
Class: Mages <3
Level: 30
I've been playing Maple Story for a little more than 4 years (Quitted 2.5 years ago o_o, though I still go in there rarely for randomizing), well Nexon isn't a bad company, thouuuugh the community there is totally AWFULAWFULAWFUL.
I mean that about 10% of the community are hackers (not kidding. played 4 years and had so much items, then you can see how much hackers there are ), 85%+ of the community will jump on the first scam possible for them to do, and not to mention that the average age there is 8~13. This is the main (and maybe only) reason I even left Maple Story. if Nexon players will come to Trickster I think it'll be awful, awful, awful.

01-26-2013   #29 (permalink)
Jon
♥ 09/07/13 to INFINITY. ♥
Games
Trickster OnlineElswordWonderKing OnlineEden Eternal
Awards Admin AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularGuide WriterWiki Task ForceWandering EyeArtifact HoarderPervert Award

Jon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortgasDNikarium
...well Nexon isn't a bad company, thouuuugh the community there is totally AWFULAWFULAWFUL...
Wasn't the SGI community just as bad? At least if Nexon NA becomes the next publisher, you'll see parties in mostly all maps again, and you might make some really good friends and see real active guilds.

The only reason why Trickster had less script kiddies, is simply because it was less known by many people. Also, Nexon NA keeps the GG/Protection programs pretty up to date (there are less script kiddies now than ever before).

Last edited by Jon; 01-26-2013 at 10:36 AM.

01-26-2013   #30 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

james has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vith
The only reason why Trickster had less script kiddies, is simply because it was less known by many people. Also, Nexon NA keeps the GG/Protection programs pretty up to date (there are less script kiddies now than ever before).
The hacking situation is still pretty bad in MapleStory and would be probably just as bad in Trickster. Not to mention there would be gold farmers too probably.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani
Also consider the fact that Trickster itself is a really dated game. Gameguard is broken as hell with no permanent fix after x amount of years (back when I played Trickster in late 2009, that's when the gameguard issues started with vista). Even if Nexon thought of picking up Trickster, would they as a company want to devote themselves to weeding out the many bugs and broken BS that Ntreev/SGI left behind? Would it really be efficient to get the publishing rights to Trickster, hoping that new players will be attracted to this game instead of newer games which are f2p (TERA as of a week from now, PSO2 come spring, and so forth) and also sport newer features such as a lot of character customization, wasd action gameplay, and so forth?

Trickster's fanbase is a lot smaller than it was when I played/before ololololrevolutioneclipsestupidrevamps that killed pretty much all good social interaction in the game from grind areas like Path to Oops, Bugbears, Norasprays (before Ghost Blue derped for many years) and so forth. I don't see why Nexon would pick up this game unless they were cocky or determined enough to pull in players from their other more up-to-date games to a dated game like Trickster that is fated to die.

This is just my personal opinion as a CB/OB Trickster player who quit a long time ago for greener pastures.
This is the reality Trickster faces. It's just too old for it to be made into something at this point. The likelihood of it actually being published by a different company is slim and even if it were to be published again, the company that picked it up would have a big mess on their hands.

01-26-2013   #31 (permalink)
♚ Fairytale Princess
Games
Trickster OnlinePangyaRusty Hearts

Sakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Kanani
Class: Wi/Wa Soul Master to_soulmaster
Guild: Astro Blitz

Both James and Dani made valid points and while I haven't said my goodbyes just yet and as much as I'd love to see eTO being saved, I'm not holding my breath.

All I'll do is just enjoy the last month and see where all this goes when it's time.

01-26-2013   #32 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

alkeiser is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakurah
Both James and Dani made valid points and while I haven't said my goodbyes just yet and as much as I'd love to see eTO being saved, I'm not holding my breath.

All I'll do is just enjoy the last month and see where all this goes when it's time.
ditto
as myself didnt finish all town quests yet

01-26-2013   #33 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Kingdra04 will become famous soon enoughKingdra04 will become famous soon enough
IGN: TyphoonDestruct
Class: Wizard to_wizard
Level: 401, cuz im that awesome
Guild: EcKs. T.C

As much as I am in love with the thought of TO not closing down AND falling on the hands of a better publisher, I really don't think any of this is possible because they are obviously still trying to keep their players (hence the conversion of Trickster MS points into RagePoints). By giving the game up to a better publisher, they lose their player base and consequently, their money. Also, a time frame of less than a month is incredibly slim, especially for a hopeless case like Trickster.

Still though, optimism is never bad.

01-26-2013   #34 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlineGrand Chase
Awards Event WinnerFacebook Fan

Wendyfav3 is a jewel in the roughWendyfav3 is a jewel in the roughWendyfav3 is a jewel in the roughWendyfav3 is a jewel in the rough

funny...I was just about to make tread about this...
I don't care who take over, AS LONG AS IT NOT NEXON AND AREIA GAMES...
NEXON IS SHIT!!! I DON'T KNOW WHO...IN THERE DELUSIONAL MIND WOULD SUGGEST THAT BUT WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU... you all need need help...like...badlly...therapy or psychiatre

beside, I don't think Nexon is even remotely interested in getting Trickster. I think I know what specific reason why but not gonna say anything just yet...

Last edited by Wendyfav3; 01-26-2013 at 10:09 PM.

01-26-2013   #35 (permalink)
「 薬売り 」
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineEden EternalMapleStoryRagnarok Online

Kusuriuri has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Kusuriuri Send a message via Skype™ to Kusuriuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendyfav3
NEXON IS SHIT!!! I DON'T KNOW WHO...IN THERE DELUSIONAL MIND WOULD SUGGEST THAT BUT WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU... you all need need...like...badlly..
Do you actually have any facts, or are you just going by what you hear? Because the things you hear are not always correct. Nexon is better than many people give them credit for. As I've previously mentioned, they are certainly not without their faults, but saying they are "shit" is not true at all.

Trickster is the one dying, but yet Maplestory is still going strong after 7 years. Gee, I wonder which one is run by a (mostly) competent company?

モノノ怪

01-26-2013   #36 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlineGrand Chase
Awards Event WinnerFacebook Fan

Wendyfav3 is a jewel in the roughWendyfav3 is a jewel in the roughWendyfav3 is a jewel in the roughWendyfav3 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryxios
Do you actually have any facts, or are you just going by what you hear? Because the things you hear are not always correct. Nexon is better than many people give them credit for. As I've previously mentioned, they are certainly not without their faults, but saying they are "shit" is not true at all.

Trickster is the one dying, but yet Maplestory is still going strong after 7 years. Gee, I wonder which one is run by a (mostly) competent company?
sigh...at the very least, if nexon does get it, which fro some reason I don't think they will, one of the reason why is cuz yes, the game is outdated unless Nexon can find a way around that.

but I think the NCsoft will mostly likely publish it cuz they own over 70% of Ntreev and they have Failing been trying to make a so call Casual game and stuff...

why else do you think NCsoft bought Ntreev ? cuz they continue to fail on make Casual games...

also, cuz someone here said cuz it does not meet Nexon Expectation/Requrement. I look at Nexon Games and other stuff as well, and I'm mostly Judging this by the cover and not the book inside, but they don't look like the company that would want Trickster Online.

I could wiki Nexon for General and Basic Information about them but meh...whatevz...

01-26-2013   #37 (permalink)
ღ 愛わいつも。<3
Games
Eden EternalPangyaTrickster OnlineLeague of Legends
Awards Facebook Fan

Sunniiee is a jewel in the roughSunniiee is a jewel in the roughSunniiee is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to Sunniiee Send a message via Skype™ to Sunniiee
IGN: Seyeumi ☕
Class: Mid, Adc, Support to_soulmaster

I do agree that it would be a good idea for Nexon to buy TO. Has anyone sent an email about it to them? Because there's only about a month left for decisions to be made, lol

I know the game could be resurrected later, but if at a later date it will most likely lose close to all of the old players.

When I first heard TO was shutting down I was extremely sad, but idk anymore. It really dawned on me that I don't really do much in that game anyway...and I realized when some of the players followed each other to another new MMO i felt like it was the same thing but better. I think I still will miss all the variety of playing that TO has to offer. And I can't believe I'm saying this, but I might miss drilling the most.

Last edited by Sunniiee; 01-26-2013 at 10:57 PM.

01-27-2013   #38 (permalink)
Playing Finalfantasy XIV
Games
Trickster OnlineRusty Hearts
Awards Facebook Fan

kite384 has a reputation beyond reputekite384 has a reputation beyond reputekite384 has a reputation beyond reputekite384 has a reputation beyond reputekite384 has a reputation beyond reputekite384 has a reputation beyond reputekite384 has a reputation beyond reputekite384 has a reputation beyond reputekite384 has a reputation beyond reputekite384 has a reputation beyond reputekite384 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to kite384
IGN: ShugoKunisaki/kitekite
Class: Edgar/Tude to_buffalo
Level: 43/32
Guild: [[MoonlightC]]

what if we spread around that trickster will close on other games there facebook? to get attention o3o

01-27-2013   #39 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlineProject Blackout

Valese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Valese
Class: Charm to_primadonna
Level: 340
Guild: {7N}

Quote:
Originally Posted by iKandel
I'll start over, I mean I'm sure we've all done it about a hundred times by now, so what would be the difference. I just want to be able to keep playing. <3
Not everyone will like that.. and I'm almost positive if that were to happen a lot of older players would quit.

Myself, I would maybe play if they were to wipe TO's old files, but I wouldn't enjoy it as much anymore. I didn't start over on any of my characters, they are what they are. There would be a huge chance that I wouldn't be into it much any more, but who knows.

I wouldn't like to see my Lvl 400 and 3x 300+ characters (or any other lower level nublets of mine <3) get deleted :/

01-27-2013   #40 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games
Trickster Online

iKandel is on a distinguished road
IGN: iKandel
Class: Priest to_wizard
Level: 28x
Guild: [Arcanite]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valese
Not everyone will like that.. and I'm almost positive if that were to happen a lot of older players would quit.

Myself, I would maybe play if they were to wipe TO's old files, but I wouldn't enjoy it as much anymore. I didn't start over on any of my characters, they are what they are. There would be a huge chance that I wouldn't be into it much any more, but who knows.

I wouldn't like to see my Lvl 400 and 3x 300+ characters (or any other lower level nublets of mine <3) get deleted :/
I do see your point. I am horribly attached to my Priest...
I guess I wouldn't want to loose my items either... I'm quite attached to those as well...

Maybe it just depends on the person. Trickster was the only MMORPG I actually liked, that's mostly my reason why I'd still play.