ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Trickster Online General Chat (http://ggftw.com/forum/trickster-online-general-chat/)
-   -   Purchasing the publishing rights to Trickster USA (http://ggftw.com/forum/trickster-online-general-chat/120579-purchasing-publishing-rights-trickster-usa.html)

Shoukichi 01-24-2013 05:41 PM

Purchasing the publishing rights to Trickster USA

Is any private party interested in purchasing the publishing rights to TO USA? How much do you think it would cost? Would you be willing to form a trust for it's preservation as an internet historical site or something like it?

LauraMix 01-24-2013 05:43 PM

I kinda wish Valve will buy it since, they'll make tons of money out of it.

SteelFlex 01-24-2013 05:45 PM

Just put the poor game out of its misery

Tardar 01-24-2013 05:51 PM

Is this supposed to be a serious thread?

Veloze 01-24-2013 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LauraMix (Post 1800931)
I kinda wish Valve will buy it since, they'll make tons of money out of it.

Aura pls
That is almost as unlikely as TF2 ever shutting down.

And they would never allow the cash shop as it is now.

Ruriko 01-24-2013 05:58 PM

How about we all email all the game publishers and ask them if they want to buy Trickster

Gerik 01-24-2013 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelFlex (Post 1800932)
Just put the poor game out of its misery

all of this.

Shoukichi 01-24-2013 06:13 PM

While you may be done with this game, feel free to move on. As far as I'm concerned, this is not a relic to be lost to the pages of time. To the trolls, **** off!

Tardar 01-24-2013 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shoukichi (Post 1800945)
While you may be done with this game, feel free to move on. As far as I'm concerned, this is not a relic to be lost to the pages of time. To the trolls, **** off!

Two things:

1) Trickster is about as significant to the history of video games as the Falklands War is to world history (emphasis on the world).

2) If I'm a troll for disagreeing, you're a troll for being dumb. Let's all learn what troll really means, please.

Any kind of investment in Trickster Online is a poor decision.

Shoukichi 01-24-2013 06:19 PM

And if you're not investing to make a profit?

Shoukichi 01-24-2013 06:20 PM

Why are you so god damn hateful?

Veloze 01-24-2013 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shoukichi (Post 1800947)

Please tell me you're not being serious here.

Tardar 01-24-2013 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shoukichi (Post 1800947)

See point one.

Kirks 01-24-2013 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Veloze (Post 1800950)
Please tell me you're not being serious here.

I believe he is. :psyduck:

Shoukichi 01-24-2013 06:25 PM

Think what you will, I don't care. Who are you anyway? What do you matter?

Veloze 01-24-2013 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shoukichi (Post 1800954)
Think what you will, I don't care. Who are you anyway? What do you matter?

Someone's mad everyone's not agreeing with him.

Nebula 01-24-2013 06:34 PM

It is tough blow, but we have to accept it. And remember all the fun we had. The memories, friends and such that you gained from the game will live on if you are willing to put the effort into it.
We are all sad and so are the GMs.
http://i.imgur.com/vqSvMYO.jpg

Whilst another publisher might pick it up, there is plenty of damage to fix up from glitch abusers and myshop. You would probably never get your character back.
The 25k myshop pop event that so many players abused (as in some people made 10+ accounts) did much of the early damage, as we did not have an event that was as generous ever again. (ok the 10k pop event did give the prizes to both worlds).

Things like bragging right, various goals, the creation of characters can occur in many other places.

Stay strong, move on and collect any relics of the past that you can before the disappear forever.

Shoukichi 01-24-2013 06:56 PM

Look at it this way. If I wanted to play Super Mario World I could just plug the cartridge into my SNES or download it to my Wii or an emulator, right? Well Trickster is about to become unplayable, seemingly forever, for native English speakers. Someone who didn't speak Japanese, Taiwanese or Korean wouldn't ever be able to just boot up this game again, for old time's sake. Your desire to stamp out Trickster Online is wrong. It should be preserved for all to play in the spirit of internet freedom, regardless of profit. It belongs in a virtual museum.

Nebula 01-24-2013 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shoukichi (Post 1800975)
Look at it this way. If I wanted to play Super Mario World I could just plug the cartridge into my SNES or download it to my Wii or an emulator, right? Well Trickster is about to become unplayable, seemingly forever, for native English speakers. Someone who didn't speak Japanese, Taiwanese or Korean wouldn't ever be able to just boot up this game again, for old time's sake. Your desire to stamp out Trickster Online is wrong. It should be preserved for all to play in the spirit of internet freedom, regardless of profit. It belongs in a virtual museum.

Life is full of tragedy. Death, Disaster, Loss, Depression, Grief, Break up. It took me about 7 years to finally accept that my parents had split up. I still get annoyed at changing house every week.
But if you really wish to lay trickster try this app.
https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/tric...501583816?mt=8

iKandel 01-24-2013 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebula (Post 1800976)

I COMPLETELY FORGOT ABOUT THIS! :py63: