ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Trickster Online > Trickster Online General Chat

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
01-26-2013   #21 (permalink)
VIP
Games
Trickster OnlinePhantasy Star UniverseLuna OnlineBattlestar Galactica Online

Cait is a glorious beacon of lightCait is a glorious beacon of lightCait is a glorious beacon of lightCait is a glorious beacon of lightCait is a glorious beacon of lightCait is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via ICQ to Cait Send a message via AIM to Cait Send a message via MSN to Cait Send a message via Yahoo to Cait Send a message via Skype™ to Cait
IGN: Caiterz
Class: bunny to_champion
Level: 271
Guild: «Firefly» «Serenity» (Join Them! ^_^)
Xfire: Caiternoodle

Lulz @ this topic. Why i dont post here.

Anyway,

on a related note.

I'm all for creating a trickster memoir website.. with screenshots, videos, official art, rankings, etc.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
01-27-2013   #22 (permalink)
ggFTW Fan
Games
ElswordTrickster OnlineS4 LeagueRunescape

Marceline is just really niceMarceline is just really niceMarceline is just really niceMarceline is just really niceMarceline is just really nice
Class: Dimension Witch to_soulmaster
Level: 70
Guild: ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoukichi
Why are you so god damn hateful?
I'm sorry if I'm alittle random here, but I've seen too many people the past few days like this, all butthurt/emo and some even crying that the game is finally being put to rest. The people who don't mind it shutting down or saying to just finally lay it to rest aren't being hateful, they're being realistic. The game isn't gonna stay up until you die, and notice the key word here: game.
I've had my fair share of memories there and Ill miss the game simply for my character and the fact I've been there for 6 years but its time to move on. They'll always be fond memories, so I think those who are taking this alittle too seriously need to understand this kind of crap is part of life.

And honestly, if you can't handle this, buckle up cause life is gonna punch you in the face soon.

Last edited by Marceline; 01-27-2013 at 10:13 PM.

01-28-2013   #23 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of Legends

InfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond repute

If it costs no more than 100$ I could buy it :s

Anyway, if someone would just buy the god damn license from NTreev itself, you think that wouldn't make any profit? I mean, being able not only to transfer content from kTO, but to actually CREATE it. It really have what it takes, someone just have to implement time-tested methods into this game and that's it (micro-transaction payment model, updates every few weeks or so, lesser the need of MS, improve advertisement, add some referal system and you're pretty much done)

01-28-2013   #24 (permalink)
「 薬売り 」
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineEden EternalMapleStoryRagnarok Online

Kusuriuri has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Kusuriuri Send a message via Skype™ to Kusuriuri

Lmao you're severely oversimplifying it.

モノノ怪

01-28-2013   #25 (permalink)
Joy
LDR
Games
Trickster OnlineEden EternalLeague of Legends

Joy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Joy
IGN: Joycelin
Level: Silver♥

I really doubt the company hasn't already tried selling Trickster. I'm guessing them closing the game is a last resort.

01-28-2013   #26 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

InfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryxios
Lmao you're severely oversimplifying it.
Am I? What would it mean to i.e. Valve or EA or whatever better known company, to buy TO license/publishing rights? How much would it cost, 0.5% of their yearly budget?

01-28-2013   #27 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

fate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud of
IGN: h1zuka/PrincessJanine
Class: Fat People
Level: 280/313

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfernalGuy
Am I? What would it mean to i.e. Valve or EA or whatever better known company, to buy TO license/publishing rights? How much would it cost, 0.5% of their yearly budget?
Yea that might be true but why should they? You're looking at it from a person who loves trickster stand point rather than a business stand point.

01-28-2013   #28 (permalink)
♚ Fairytale Princess
Games
Trickster OnlinePangyaRusty Hearts

Sakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Kanani
Class: Wi/Wa Soul Master to_soulmaster
Guild: Astro Blitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eccentric
And honestly, if you can't handle this, buckle up cause life is gonna punch you in the face soon.
I fully agree to what Jay wrote. I did admit that I cried a bit at first of the news, but this way, I can finally move on from TO for good.

Unless some sort of miracle happens, I don't except TO to come back in glorious fashion. In this state, no. I think collectively, regardless of anyone going to tTO or trying something else, we should accept the fact that our time in eTO is over.

"Like all good things, it has to end sometime."

01-28-2013   #29 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by fate23
Yea that might be true but why should they? You're looking at it from a person who loves trickster stand point rather than a business stand point.
It's like giving a coin to a beggar, it's not really a loss to you, but you do a good job and feel better/make that beggar feel better

01-28-2013   #30 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

fate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud of
IGN: h1zuka/PrincessJanine
Class: Fat People
Level: 280/313

I thought it was going to be an investment? Now it seems like it has turned into a charity foundation.

01-28-2013   #31 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

Lock the thread pl0x

01-28-2013   #32 (permalink)
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlinePangyaROHAN: Blood Feud
Awards MoM Award

Aria has a reputation beyond reputeAria has a reputation beyond reputeAria has a reputation beyond reputeAria has a reputation beyond reputeAria has a reputation beyond reputeAria has a reputation beyond reputeAria has a reputation beyond reputeAria has a reputation beyond reputeAria has a reputation beyond reputeAria has a reputation beyond reputeAria has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jare
1) Trickster is about as significant to the history of video games as the Falklands War is to world history (emphasis on the world).
James, you made my day.

As for TO, I wish it would've had more time so I could sell off all my stuff but that goes without saying. It's not that I have no regrets, but I don't wish for the game to come back to life. Nothing lasts forever. Just let it go.

01-28-2013   #33 (permalink)
「 薬売り 」
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineEden EternalMapleStoryRagnarok Online

Kusuriuri has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Kusuriuri Send a message via Skype™ to Kusuriuri

^Friendly reminder to everyone that that statement is coming from someone who has repeatedly gone back to the game over the years and isn't just a spiteful remark.

モノノ怪

01-28-2013   #34 (permalink)
1st banned
Games
Trickster OnlineElswordSD Gundam Online: Capsule Fighter

Zero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Zero
IGN: ProtoShot
Class: Scientist to_scientist
Level: 25x
Guild: Revolution

You have to understand that some people don't want to "let it go". All because a majority of you stopped playing this game long ago or only log on now and then, doesn't mean shit to be honest. We get it, you guys stopped playing for whatever reason you want to come up with. You guys moved on to other games or maybe not at all.

For a lot of us, this is the only MMO that keeps us around these forums. It's the only MMO that keeps us tied together in a sense. Losing that aspect brings a lot of grief. Not even just the game itself but the memories, friends, countless hours spent playing. It's not that easy for people to accept it so soon. Nothing really "foretold" of this closure. Everyone keeps saying "lol saw it coming!" but lets be serious, no you didn't. You didn't see it coming THIS soon. You just made a generalization of it closing EVENTUALLY.

01-28-2013   #35 (permalink)
R
oooo
Games
Trickster OnlineCabal OnlineDivine SoulsElsword
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

R has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero
For a lot of us, this is the only MMO that keeps us around these forums. It's the only MMO that keeps us tied together in a sense.
That's because it's the only active MMO on the forum. It's also the MMO that started it all. Once it's gone, ggFTW will be sure to follow.

You have to understand that nothing lasts forever. Let it go.

01-28-2013   #36 (permalink)
1st banned
Games

Zero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Care
That's because it's the only active MMO on the forum. It's also the MMO that started it all. Once it's gone, ggFTW will be sure to follow.

You have to understand that nothing lasts forever. Let it go.
I do understand that nothing lasts forever, that's fine. I've had way bigger experiences to tell me that. Also, I have bigger issues to worry about than TO closing down. However it could of been prevented and it's just one MMO I personally believe that doesn't deserve to be put down, not yet. We literally JUST got the Spicy revo and had so much to look forward too.

That's why in a sense, it's just rude for people to come in here and say "let it go." Not everyone can come to terms with it. Aside from that, it's not like EVERY TO is closing down.

TL;DR

It's just adding insult to injury.

01-28-2013   #37 (permalink)
ggFTW Fan
Awards Facebook Fan

Sizzurp is on a distinguished road
IGN: Holla Holla Get Dolla
Level: 30 - 30
Xfire: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eccentric
I finally agree with you.

01-28-2013   #38 (permalink)
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlinePangyaROHAN: Blood Feud
Awards MoM Award

Aria has a reputation beyond reputeAria has a reputation beyond reputeAria has a reputation beyond reputeAria has a reputation beyond reputeAria has a reputation beyond reputeAria has a reputation beyond reputeAria has a reputation beyond reputeAria has a reputation beyond reputeAria has a reputation beyond reputeAria has a reputation beyond reputeAria has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero
However it could of been prevented and it's just one MMO I personally believe that doesn't deserve to be put down, not yet. We literally JUST got the Spicy revo and had so much to look forward too.
They also committed suicide by deciding to make all level up boxes untradeable. Bringing back GameGuard wasn't enough to make me quit but that certainly did. Unless they were going to reverse that or find another way to give us our 3-hour boosters back, I'd already given up on the game.

01-28-2013   #39 (permalink)
Honest Heart
Games
Adventure Quest WorldsAuditionDragon SagaGrand Chase
Awards Facebook Fan

NiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to behold
Class: Not a psychologist
Level: 21
Guild: Gaap's Guild >_>

If TO were good enough they wouldn't even close it to start with. And no need to speak japanese to be able to play jTO, same with the other official servers.

01-28-2013   #40 (permalink)
1st banned
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rare
They also committed suicide by deciding to make all level up boxes untradeable. Bringing back GameGuard wasn't enough to make me quit but that certainly did. Unless they were going to reverse that or find another way to give us our 3-hour boosters back, I'd already given up on the game.
Mm I can't argue that point. In the most recent of months they've kind of..stabbed the game a few times with some horrid ideas. Two of which you stated really impacted the game in a negative way.

But this is on the topic of a new publisher in which many of us hope someone will pick up. Very slim chances, but we would still like to think it could happen and dont want to see it just fade into nothing