ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Trickster Online General Chat (http://ggftw.com/forum/trickster-online-general-chat/)
-   -   We all knew it was going to happen. (http://ggftw.com/forum/trickster-online-general-chat/120518-we-all-knew-going-happen.html)

TsveTokSmirTi 01-23-2013 08:10 PM

We all knew it was going to happen.

The shut down of Trickster Online, clearly it was inevitable. Although I'll admit I knew the game would close soon, I just didn't think it would be so soon. I was looking forward to playing as the polar bear character they were going to make ;p But oh well.

What are some of your favorite memories from playing this game?
What are your least favorite?
How much do you care? Do you wish the game would have lasted longer or are you apathetic to it's demise? o:

Personally, the first few years of playing were my favorite. My favorite memories are making all of the random friends when I first began, it was fun leveling up with them almost like it was a race c: I didn't really care about stats back then either, and played mostly for the enjoyment of the game and the community. My least favorite times are when I decided to try and be a "hax" player. I feel like I made the game into a competition when it didn't need to be. I honestly regret and amounts of money I've dumped into it. I don't really mind that the game is closing. The community died long ago and it was just never as fun anymore. ;c But I was ready to stop playing a while ago. Only thing I'll miss is having something to do when I'm ridiculously bored. But what can you do ^.^

Torikakae 01-23-2013 08:12 PM

http://trickster.gamerage.com/News/A...ment/View/6411

Quote:

Farewell Tricksters
JAN.23.2013
More Sharing Services Share | Share on facebook Share on twitterShare on google Share on myspaceShare on favoritesShare on print

Dear Tricksters,

At one point, all good things must come to an end. So it is with a heavy heart that we are announcing that the time to bid farewell to our friends on Caballa Island has come.

Trickster Online's servers will finally be laid to rest on 2/27/2013. Until that time, you will be able to log on and continue to play.

Additionally, MyShop and Gacha will be closing on 2/6/2013 at 6:00pm PST. Until that time, items in MyShop will continue to be available for purchase.

With the closure of MyShop, we have prepared compensation for those players who have purchased Cash Items within the last year, as shown below.

================================================== ======
<Trickster Compensation>

Points spent will be refunded based on when the purchases were made. Please check the information below to see if you’re eligible for refunds.

Purchases made in Trickster between 11/06/2012 and 02/06/2013 will be 100% refunded as RagePoints.*
Purchases made in Trickster between 08/06/2012 and 11/05/2012 will be refunded 75% as RagePoints.
Purchases made in Trickster between 05/06/2012 and 08/05/2012 will be refunded 50% as RagePoints.
Purchases made in Trickster between 02/06/2012 and 05/05/2012 will be refunded 25% as RagePoints.

*For those who made purchases between 01/01/2013 and 02/06/2013, ALL POINTS will be refunded as Rage Points (including points spent on Consumable Items, Timed Items, Gacha Coins, and Random Boxes).

- For purchases made before 01/01/2013, only points spent on Permanent Items will be refunded as RagePoints. (Points spent on Consumable Items, Timed Items, Gacha Coins, and Random Boxes will not be refunded).
- Please keep in mind refunds will not include Trickster Only Points. (Points distributed as Event Rewards)
- Refunded points are only usable within the games published by SG Interactive.
- Points will be distributed on 2/27/2013.
================================================== ======

As a thank you to the community for sticking with Trickster for so long, we'll make sure to go out with a bang!

Starting today, we'll be having a 300% EXP and TM EXP rate event! We have many other events planned so that you may all enjoy the remainder of your time here in Trickster.

Thank you for being such a wonderful community and though we may not be able to see each other on Caballa Island again, we hope to see you elsewhere soon!

- Trickster Online Team
We still have one month. But congrats, this is what you all wanted, right?

Yes, I'm very bitter towards you all...

ChiiPoof 01-23-2013 08:14 PM

god...i already missing it...dun wanna it to close at all......the cute graphic will disappear....

TsveTokSmirTi 01-23-2013 08:23 PM

I didn't want the game to close. It's a shame, really. I think this game has great potential but the company just made too many silly things and too many people left. Is what I think at least. I'm just accepting the loss, what else can you do?

Wendyfav3 01-23-2013 10:20 PM

I Blame all the idiots and ignorants Azz-H0les of the Of Trickster Community for keeping on Bashing SGI/GameRage and pretty much ggftw to for all this...
I really hate this but and I hopes you all of nightmares for the rest of your life for all this.

Congratulation Trickster...you guys actually kill it.

Are you all Proud of yourself ?

Bolter 01-23-2013 10:31 PM

so the game has died

Chris 01-23-2013 10:39 PM

Twas only a matter of time. :3
I'm grateful for all the friends and enemies I've made over the past years. Farewell, TO.

Flipmood 01-23-2013 10:48 PM

HOLY ****ING SHIT MY SIDES LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OL

gg

Lala 01-23-2013 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flipmood (Post 1800525)
HOLY ****ING SHIT MY SIDES LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OL

gg

Same reaction.

Kenzor 01-24-2013 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wendyfav3 (Post 1800490)
I Blame all the idiots and ignorants Azz-H0les of the Of Trickster Community for keeping on Bashing SGI/GameRage and pretty much ggftw to for all this...
I really hate this but and I hopes you all of nightmares for the rest of your life for all this.

Congratulation Trickster...you guys actually kill it.

Are you all Proud of yourself ?

Games don't get shut down because ppl hurt gamerage feellin wid mean word, they get shut down because they're financially unstable, dumbass. My god every time I read a post from you everyone and their mothers lose brain cells.

---

Oh well even though I stopped playing it years ago, I will remember it as the only game that I got to lvl 274 (or whatever my main's level was) on it and had millions of alts LOL.

It was only a matter of time before getting shut down after they had a HUGE period of calling simply revamps, "completely new updates" and updating the game with nothing but MyShop afterwards.

fate23 01-24-2013 07:24 AM

How can people actually blame the part of the community that complains. Every game has people who complain and even back in the days people complained about different things, from how they were wronged by hardant abuse to the implementation of boss trials. And recently they don't even fix glitches that they actually were aware of for six months. But even glitches and maps fails wouldn't drop players that much. Trickster didn't close due to complaints nor glitches, isn't it obvious? Gameguard is the one to blame here. After the implementation of GG population dropped to lower than 50%.

Bolter 01-24-2013 07:45 AM

I wonder what it will be like if Asiasoft ever starts a SEATO version lol

Versalia 01-24-2013 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Etoile (Post 1800527)
Same reaction.

Rachel...
Just go home.
You're out of mana. 8D

But yeah, with all the quits and DC errors,
Hard to say it wasn't a GG

Veloze 01-24-2013 09:56 AM

gg Trickster.
It was only a matter of time until the endless MyShop couldn't be enough to keep you going.

Joy 01-24-2013 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flipmood (Post 1800525)

gg

All I can see are the OOOOOOOOOOOO's. Don't get too excited Joel.

CupcakeChan 01-24-2013 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GDBunny (Post 1800354)
god...i already missing it...dun wanna it to close at all......the cute graphic will disappear....

This. exactly. I haven't actively played Trickster in several years (since 2008), but I have come back pretty frequently just to log in, see what's new, and walk around the beautiful Caballa island a bit. The cute graphics style and bright colors are always what kept me returning to Trickster, even when myshop made the game way unbalanced and the lack of new content drove everyone to boredom and leaving the game. I was just about to start back up with Trickster (for however long it might last) but now I just have to say goodbye. I am very, very sad. A lot of it because I just didn't expect it. I will definitely miss Trickster, and I only hope some other dev picks it up at some point in the future. All of the beautiful art is too amazing to just waste like this.

Tardar 01-24-2013 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torikakae (Post 1800349)
We still have one month. But congrats, this is what you all wanted, right?

Yes, I'm very bitter towards you all...

There's a difference between wanting and making a conclusion based of evidence that virtually anyone can see.

I didn't want Trickster to close, but it was eventually going to close anyways. If there's anyone to blame, go stare down SGi for skipping basic business classes.

Torikakae 01-24-2013 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jare (Post 1800953)
There's a difference between wanting and making a conclusion based of evidence that virtually anyone can see.

I didn't want Trickster to close, but it was eventually going to close anyways. If there's anyone to blame, go stare down SGi for skipping basic business classes.

Yes, perhaps -you- didn't want it, but -you- aren't most people here. And even if maybe you were, -you guys- didn't show it well enough.

When something came out that we like, you guys say "money hungry, not another MS, this game/company sucks", etc... You guys may not have enjoyed the game anymore. That's fine, but you guys also made sure that those of us that did, didn't. And now you got that wish; We, who enjoyed the game, wouldn't anymore.

I'm not saying you guys caused this closure (nor am I saying that you guys have absolutely no part in it). But what I'm saying is that most of you, especially those who "quit", keep coming back here and express negativity towards this game. You're allowed to, of course, but what would be the purpose of that? If anything else, this outcome may be what you guys subconsciously desire.

So congratulations, especially those who are laughing now (read the forums). You got your desire. And I am very bitter towards you all...

Kusuriuri 01-24-2013 11:11 PM

Tori if you want people to take you seriously, you need to just stop contradicting yourself. You say "I'm not saying you guys caused this closure" but every time you post you say how bitter you are toward people and how they didn't care enough and how they've ruined something for you (generally speaking), and all it is is blame.

I've been poking around both here and over at SGi, and I don't really see how you can sit there pointing fingers at the community specifically when from what I've been reading in multiple threads over the last few months, the problems with GameGuard caused many issues that inevitably led the game to its final leg. I don't know what the player population of the game was prior to GG but a lot of posts are saying the population declined rather drastically afterward, so I can only imagine how that turned out. You say you're not blaming us, but you still imply it and it just kind of makes me... put my chin on my hands and quirk a brow at you.

iTaker 01-24-2013 11:21 PM

Ya it's totally our fault that SGI is a horrible company and that caused a huge influx of players to quit or be banned over stupid reasons. If the company treated the playerbase and the game correctly, people wouldn't have had to quit and downtalk the game in the first place.