ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Trickster Online > Trickster Online General Chat

Vindictus
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Vindictus

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
01-26-2013   #41 (permalink)
Nonsense
Games
Trickster Online
Awards Event WinnerWandering Eye

Nebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Enthalpy/ Reminder
Class: Duelist to_bunny
Guild: Guardians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryxios
Well, if I may be blunt here, I never cared for the idea of "quit threads" in the first place because they're kind of attention *****-y and many people here are infamous for "quitting" and then returning later on anyway.

People lose interest in games all the time for a multitude of reasons. Quitting games is normal. Just quit and be done with it, don't make it into some huge deal.
I found it odd how 90% of people who posted these seemed to return. That is embarassing... Getting attention for quitting and then returning kind of quietly.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
01-26-2013   #42 (permalink)
C.I.A. Rad Bromance
Games
Trickster OnlineAuditionGrand ChasePangya
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardWandering Eye

Torikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Torikakae Send a message via Yahoo to Torikakae Send a message via Skype™ to Torikakae
IGN: Torikakae
Class: Buffalo to_buffalo
Level: 400
Guild: Mirage Coordinator

I agree. And likewise if I may be so blunt, what kind of bigshot do they think they are that people should care if they leave or not?

~Thank you Shnao for the siggie~

01-26-2013   #43 (permalink)
「 薬売り 」
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineEden EternalMapleStoryRagnarok Online

Kusuriuri has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Kusuriuri Send a message via Skype™ to Kusuriuri

Well that's a bit of an assumption there, because not everyone is going to make a thread for that reason. Some may simply want to let their friends know, but all the same, the Trickster community is the only one that I've seen that does this to any extent and it's always struck me as rather strange. People think they need to make a thread when they leave and it's entirely unnecessary. If you're worried about your friends being unable to contact you, tell them in game before you leave. If most of them are here, well, there's pms and guild sections and signatures for that.

And if that's not the reason you're making a thread, really, why would most people even care? A game is a game. There are plenty of games, and plenty of people simply move on to the next. It's not as if you're moving away. Your relationship with people shouldn't pertain strictly to a single game.

/shrug/ Iunno, that's just my thoughts on it.

モノノ怪

01-27-2013   #44 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineTrickster Online

Arcade has a spectacular aura aboutArcade has a spectacular aura about

Yeah Pretty much expected this.
Im not to butthurt about it though, but honestly I will miss my characters.
Ive had some of them since 2006 qq

02-17-2013   #45 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

Ansmelmo is on a distinguished road
IGN: StrawberryAngel
Class: Explorer lt_explorer

Hi guys, i tried coming back last year with my lvl 240 cat.. And it did not feel like the TO i knew and played back in 2007 to 2008.. I do not know why, but that's how i felt. I decided to delete my char and made a new one (a fox). I thought that maybe it will be different if i made a new char.

Playing my fox felt like a chore going through everything again. I stopped playing after finishing poppouri forest.

I guess the game has plateaued primarily because of the software platform it was developed on. I think it is very hard to prevent hacks and exploits because of this and that the devs just decided to stop the game. The game's evolution also stopped because you can only do so much because of the software platform's limitations..

I think it would be a good idea to develop trickster on a new software platform that is experiences less crashes and is harder to hack. The job system, lore, skill system and item system is very good and this content still has value if put in a new, better software. Lastly, if they decide to make TO2, learn from the failures of ragnarok 2 and stick and be faithful to the 2d, anime genre, and to the content of the old game

02-26-2013   #46 (permalink)
ggFTW Fan

Feco is on a distinguished road
IGN: Feco/Schrot
Class: moo to_mercenary
Level: 2xx
Guild: Red Dragon

Welp, it's the last 2 days.
Time to walk through every single area of this game before I never get the chance again I guess

02-26-2013   #47 (permalink)
Has Trouble Sleeping
Special

CountBlood is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to CountBlood
Guild: Red Eclipse

Yeah, I need to make myself play these last two days or I may regret it.

02-26-2013   #48 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games
TibiaTrickster Online

Credo has a spectacular aura aboutCredo has a spectacular aura aboutCredo has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Credo Send a message via Skype™ to Credo
IGN: Credo(R.I.P.)

Knowing that the game was about to close and die wasn't really a victory at all...
Unfortunately I can't say my last goodbyes. Internet on home will only return on march.... From there... you know...

02-26-2013   #49 (permalink)
ggFTW Fan

Feco is on a distinguished road
IGN: Feco/Schrot
Class: moo to_mercenary
Level: 2xx
Guild: Red Dragon

Oh my god, I just discovered these awesome techi and tapasco towns, too bad I never came back to do quests there ;_;

02-26-2013   #50 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlineGrand Chase
Awards Event WinnerFacebook Fan

Wendyfav3 is a jewel in the roughWendyfav3 is a jewel in the roughWendyfav3 is a jewel in the roughWendyfav3 is a jewel in the rough

A Nice Reset to Refresh.

I'm gonna be honest with you guys. I think it a good thing that Trickster is down. I also want Grand Chase and Pangya to get shut down to.

I feel that ever since SGI took over, (offically when the Portal Name GameRage came to play) that ther'er Main interest is Project Blackout. since it is there Orignal Games. not to also metion there Partnership Z8Games. I guss it sorta said alot of things about that. =/
but Maybe that just me.

under Ntreev, The Orignal Game are Tickster, Grand Chase, and Pangya.

with SGI, it just PB.

if you know what I am trying to say then cool but if not then I am sorry.

althow I do have to admit, SGI did MUCH better job under Ntreev, the content of game went more smoother, more playful, sweet prizes, at the least in year 2011, lots of contest and prizes, it was pretty fun actually.

althow some may actually disagree.

it difficult trying to find another online game to play, I don't think I won't be able to find that one game that I can be addicted to playing. there LOTS of online game but only so few interested me.

one thing is for sure. when I heard Trickster was getting shut down. the Pain was Brutal. I never felt such deep depression. such Tears of sadness. the Last time I can remember this feeling is when Toonami got shut down in 2008.

one more thing, I find it redicules on how all good things must come to an end. if these are good things, then these good things must continue on Living. otherwise, there no point in building these good things if your just gonna thow them out to the graveyard later on in one point. there are some exception sure but ka mon really?

but eh, maybe this is all just me but Whatever.

02-27-2013   #51 (permalink)
VIP
Games
Trickster OnlinePhantasy Star UniverseLuna OnlineBattlestar Galactica Online

Cait is a glorious beacon of lightCait is a glorious beacon of lightCait is a glorious beacon of lightCait is a glorious beacon of lightCait is a glorious beacon of lightCait is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via ICQ to Cait Send a message via AIM to Cait Send a message via MSN to Cait Send a message via Yahoo to Cait Send a message via Skype™ to Cait
IGN: Caiterz
Class: bunny to_champion
Level: 271
Guild: «Firefly» «Serenity» (Join Them! ^_^)
Xfire: Caiternoodle

Im quitting eTO today. :P

</attention post>

02-27-2013   #52 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games
TibiaTrickster Online

Credo has a spectacular aura aboutCredo has a spectacular aura aboutCredo has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Credo Send a message via Skype™ to Credo
IGN: Credo(R.I.P.)

Would be a good thing indeed, Wendyfav3. If we were talking about a reset... Plus having the ones who spent a lot of money on it, repaid... But that's not quite the case... All our efforts, gone. I'm done with MMORPGs. Only exception would be TERA, if it's that good really, but I'll not pay IRL money on it, no way...