ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Trickster Online General Chat (http://ggftw.com/forum/trickster-online-general-chat/)
-   -   PvP drama got me 'childish' (http://ggftw.com/forum/trickster-online-general-chat/119517-pvp-drama-got-me-childish.html)

TinyLegs 12-15-2012 09:02 AM

PvP drama got me 'childish'

we all know what pvp contains with it
SGI is making Level Up GBs untradeable, do you think they should remove PvP too?

Gaap 12-15-2012 11:14 AM

Nah. Every MMORPG must have some sort of PvP arena. It's "US" that make the human species greed with stregth. That's why I don't go there offtenly becuase I don't see this as "entertaining".

GvGs are fun, but don't overstrength yourself. It's timing and wits the game should be about. Not numbers.

Joy 12-15-2012 11:17 AM

Sure remove PvP.

And watch more than half the population disappear.

Shanni 12-15-2012 12:18 PM

Even without PvP, there will still be drama.

Wendyfav3 12-15-2012 01:10 PM

for some people, they see PvP as a Motivation to get themselves more Powerful becouse the amount of defeat they have or just how weak they really are.

in a way...it a great way to enjoy the game more.
PvP can also be consider it self therapy for people. I know it odd but just think about it.

then again, I guss maybe I'm just talking about myself lolz...

watching people causing drama here and there is pretty entertaining.

I have a little snack or some popcorn with hotdogs and soda cuz it like watching a Movie of an Epic fight :D.

I guess...just as long your not in it, it ok but if you are, ummm....just don't say anything at all others ways your just encouraging them more fro drama. ^.^

Veloze 12-15-2012 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinyLegs (Post 1791049)
SGI is making Level Up GBs untradeable, do you think they should remove PvP too?

Sure, why not?
Not like anyone actually fights in the arenas.

SteelFlex 12-15-2012 08:23 PM

Without pvp drama would never get resolved :py07:

Sakurah 12-15-2012 10:00 PM

/popcorn

Purpose of this thread, how?

Meh, I don't bother with PvP, so I don't really care either way. Either those that depended on the giftboxes will find another way to still get stronger or just quit. S'not like TO's PvP was ever good anyway.

Taweart 12-16-2012 04:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinyLegs (Post 1791049)

PvP is the soul of MMORPGs... why leveling when u can't test your skills and how strong u got?

fate23 12-16-2012 07:20 AM

No, if you are removing PvP due to the drama it causes you should just remove everything that has anything social in it as even forums can cause drama.

Niata 12-16-2012 07:29 AM

>>Just press ALT+F4 ingame and all problems are solved<< :D:D

But I agree, drama can be anywhere, it's not only PvP >:

Versalia 12-16-2012 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Veloze (Post 1791148)
Not like anyone actually fights in the arenas.

Since when?

leila123 12-16-2012 09:15 AM

I think pvp is not problem.
the problem is with some players that LOVE make drama.
let's said there guy that kill "noobs" then someone kill that guy and he just get angry and start kosing.
Let's not forget it's just game... we can enjoy, but some players just love make things worse.
and for those players that acting like a b**** (sorry for the word).. u guys need to change because you just ruining the game.
SO let's just enjoy <

ChiiPoof 12-16-2012 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leila123 (Post 1791341)
I think pvp is not problem.
the problem is with some players that LOVE make drama.
let's said there guy that kill "noobs" then someone kill that guy and he just get angry and start kosing.
Let's not forget it's just game... we can enjoy, but some players just love make things worse.
and for those players that acting like a b**** (sorry for the word).. u guys need to change because you just ruining the game.
SO let's just enjoy <

some people are just taking pvp waaay to seriously and they dun like losing too...and they shouldnt got pissed...after all..it is just a game we can enjoy...

Veloze 12-16-2012 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fleur (Post 1791335)
Since when?

Since the game launched.
I don't see anyone using the arenas the way it was intended to be used. PvP isn't some sort of chatroom, friends.

Versalia 12-16-2012 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Veloze (Post 1791363)
Since the game launched.
I don't see anyone using the arenas the way it was intended to be used. PvP isn't some sort of chatroom, friends.

PvP is used as intended.
People war and duel all the time.
Maybe not all of them.
Unless during the time in which I quit everyone stopped. :py28:

Besides drama is caused by the players.
Not the PvP system.

Like Belle said,
Take away PvP and watch the majority of TO population leave with it.

Wendyfav3 12-16-2012 06:23 PM

here a very good example...
taking away PvP is like away Call Of Duty Multiplayer and YOU KNOW HOW HUGE online that is....
you must feel very retarded right now :).

Mazuiko 12-16-2012 06:39 PM

I'm personally not seeing the connection between PvP or untradable boxes here... but if this thread is purely about PvP, why remove it? Sure it's full of drama but what PvP isn't? Some people enjoy it, others don't. It's up to the player if they want to go or not.

Unless this thread is just being sarcastic.

KungFuPets 12-16-2012 08:07 PM

PvP is always part of MMORPG since man needs to be THE best. But its not healthy since we should be helping one another instead of fighting each other. Even THE SIMS game has PvP, one family trying to have a better house than the other :py44:

Think of PvP as a head-to-head sports activity, like boxing or UFC, and GvG as a team-vs-team sport, like soccer or basketball. No drama there in real life right? :py55:

Seriously, a healthy competition is good since it motivates people to be stronger, better, faster. But once it gets out of control and the desire for power gets out of hand, then that will become ugly.

PS. I don't participate in PvP but since guild coins are earned through GvG, then I am forced to reconsider joining the ranks of "primitive man" and "his thirst for senseless violence", and where the line "Let us make the fists do the talking :py61::py17:" comes out. (no offense :py54:)

Jon 12-17-2012 01:01 PM

I guess people just can't detect sarcasm like they used to.