ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Trickster Online > Trickster Online General Chat

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
11-10-2012   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Thorosern is a splendid one to beholdThorosern is a splendid one to beholdThorosern is a splendid one to beholdThorosern is a splendid one to beholdThorosern is a splendid one to beholdThorosern is a splendid one to behold
IGN: Saxophonist
Class: Buffalo
Guild: Dawn
Default Wouldn't it be nice if refined sets were glowy?

Just a random thought this morning and I might as well post it here. I've played some mmorpg where if you refined your equipments (i.e. helmet, armour, shield, weapon) to the same refine grade, it will start to glow. +10 glows prettier than +3.

Any thoughts? :O

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
11-10-2012   #2 (permalink)
R
Chu♥
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineCabal OnlineDivine SoulsElsword
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

R has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to R

It would be cool, sure, but you've already got 4G equipment for that. It'll never happen.

11-10-2012   #3 (permalink)
/╲╭( ͡° ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ͡°)╮╱\
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineProject BlackoutROHAN: Blood FeudWonderKing Online
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerLooterPervert Award

Shanni has a reputation beyond reputeShanni has a reputation beyond reputeShanni has a reputation beyond reputeShanni has a reputation beyond reputeShanni has a reputation beyond reputeShanni has a reputation beyond reputeShanni has a reputation beyond reputeShanni has a reputation beyond reputeShanni has a reputation beyond reputeShanni has a reputation beyond reputeShanni has a reputation beyond repute
Level: butts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorosern
Just a random thought this morning and I might as well post it here. I've played some mmorpg where if you refined your equipments (i.e. helmet, armour, shield, weapon) to the same refine grade, it will start to glow. +10 glows prettier than +3.

Any thoughts? :O
They have that in Dungeon Fighter Online. After a certain level, it starts to glow and certain levels give different colors.

I actually like that feature so it would be nice to see something like that in Trickster to influence people to refine more or refine to higher levels.

11-10-2012   #4 (permalink)
Greetings to you!
Games
Trickster OnlineDungeon Fighter OnlineWorld of WarcraftForsaken World
Awards Artifact Hoarder

Draft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Draft
Guild: ~°Polaris°~

Hmm, I was thinking Attribute Dust. You enchanted it to a weapon for example, water attribute and it will glow blue. The Dust can be permanent, but adds only 50% Attr.

Good idea?

11-10-2012   #5 (permalink)
MARINA
Games
Trickster OnlineEden EternalLeague of Legends

Versalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud of
IGN: Versalia

This would be nice.
But if they did add it,
They'll just somehow turn it into another way to take our money.

11-10-2012   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Thorosern is a splendid one to beholdThorosern is a splendid one to beholdThorosern is a splendid one to beholdThorosern is a splendid one to beholdThorosern is a splendid one to beholdThorosern is a splendid one to behold
IGN: Saxophonist
Class: Buffalo
Guild: Dawn

Idk, I play Flyff and their concept is this -

Armour Set +3 onwards glows. But the max (i.e. +12, glows super beautifully)

Weapon (glow effect depends on the attribute you upgrade it with, +12 glows better than +3)

I think this will encourage people to refine.. But of course from +5 onwards, there is a chance of breaking your weapon / armour. So you got to buy some MS items

Nevertheless, I thought this will be an improvement to the existing glow effects for unique sets and 4G equips.. Idk hahaha.

11-10-2012   #7 (permalink)
-
Special
Games
FlyFFAngels OnlineKitsu SagaSecret of the Solstice
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerEvents RegularSotW JuniorHarem JuniorDetail DetectiveFinders, KeepersTHE CHAMP

Almora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Almora

Quote:
Idk, I play Flyff and their concept is this -

Armour Set +3 onwards glows. But the max (i.e. +12, glows super beautifully)

Weapon (glow effect depends on the attribute you upgrade it with, +12 glows better than +3)

I think this will encourage people to refine.. But of course from +5 onwards, there is a chance of breaking your weapon / armour. So you got to buy some MS items

Nevertheless, I thought this will be an improvement to the existing glow effects for unique sets and 4G equips.. Idk hahaha.
I knew you were talking about Flyff lol.

Ha, yeah no. Flyff's upgrading system is awful and stupid, why would you even think of having that kind of idea(bolded) for us.

I'm fine with the glows, just give us an option to turn it off since they often clashed with CS sets and made it barely visible/no changes to the current upgrading rates.

Last edited by Almora; 11-10-2012 at 08:36 PM.

11-10-2012   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special
Games
AuditionMapleStoryTrickster OnlineDofus
Awards Facebook Fan

Mazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond repute

It would be nice but like was mentioned... we have 4G equips. Unless they like, I don't know, made 4G equips have some crazy mad glows and make refined equips glow, but they're dimmer than 4G?

Can't see it happening but I have played games where your equips glow different colours the more they are refined and I always loved it. So pretty~ Just not sure how that would work in TO... :<

11-10-2012   #9 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of Legends
Awards Facebook Fan

Revolution will become famous soon enoughRevolution will become famous soon enough
IGN: XO Strike
Level: Changing

The refine+glow is in Rusty Hearts too I think.

My Tips On Refining!

11-10-2012   #10 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

iEmpty is a glorious beacon of lightiEmpty is a glorious beacon of lightiEmpty is a glorious beacon of lightiEmpty is a glorious beacon of lightiEmpty is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: BunBunnyBR
Class: Boxer to_boxer
Level: OPPA~
Guild: GANGNAM STYLE!

Quote:
If at last they improve the current glow of the 4G equips >:( But adding glow to any equip would be pretty nice (:

11-10-2012   #11 (permalink)
♚ Fairytale Princess
Games
Trickster OnlinePangyaRusty Hearts

Sakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Kanani
Class: Wi/Wa Soul Master to_soulmaster
Guild: Astro Blitz

Haha, I thought of this idea a while back, but thought of it more in the cash shop vein. I know this way they'd have my money no matter what. XD

I was thinking of a more aesthetic approach, but yeah, with 4G equips, it kinda nullifies the idea. I do support the idea of turning the glows on and off, however. But eh... I highly doubt this'll happen. :U

11-10-2012   #12 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlineProject Blackout

Valese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Valese
Class: Charm to_primadonna
Level: 340
Guild: {7N}

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rarity
I do support the idea of turning the glows on and off, however. But eh... I highly doubt this'll happen. :U
If they would ever implement an 'everything shiny' feature.. I hope they don't forget the off button, because I know I won't like most of the shiny equipments. :l

Too much shine = tacky.