ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Trickster Online General Chat (http://ggftw.com/forum/trickster-online-general-chat/)
-   -   Wouldn't it be nice if refined sets were glowy? (http://ggftw.com/forum/trickster-online-general-chat/118698-wouldnt-nice-if-refined-sets-were-glowy.html)

Thorosern 11-10-2012 07:26 PM

Wouldn't it be nice if refined sets were glowy?

Just a random thought this morning and I might as well post it here. I've played some mmorpg where if you refined your equipments (i.e. helmet, armour, shield, weapon) to the same refine grade, it will start to glow. +10 glows prettier than +3.

Any thoughts? :O

R 11-10-2012 07:30 PM

It would be cool, sure, but you've already got 4G equipment for that. It'll never happen.

Shanni 11-10-2012 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thorosern (Post 1782894)
Just a random thought this morning and I might as well post it here. I've played some mmorpg where if you refined your equipments (i.e. helmet, armour, shield, weapon) to the same refine grade, it will start to glow. +10 glows prettier than +3.

Any thoughts? :O

They have that in Dungeon Fighter Online. After a certain level, it starts to glow and certain levels give different colors.

I actually like that feature so it would be nice to see something like that in Trickster to influence people to refine more or refine to higher levels.

Draft 11-10-2012 07:33 PM

Hmm, I was thinking Attribute Dust. You enchanted it to a weapon for example, water attribute and it will glow blue. The Dust can be permanent, but adds only 50% Attr.

Good idea?

Versalia 11-10-2012 07:46 PM

This would be nice.
But if they did add it,
They'll just somehow turn it into another way to take our money.

Thorosern 11-10-2012 07:53 PM

Idk, I play Flyff and their concept is this -

Armour Set +3 onwards glows. But the max (i.e. +12, glows super beautifully)

Weapon (glow effect depends on the attribute you upgrade it with, +12 glows better than +3)

I think this will encourage people to refine.. But of course from +5 onwards, there is a chance of breaking your weapon / armour. So you got to buy some MS items :py53:

Nevertheless, I thought this will be an improvement to the existing glow effects for unique sets and 4G equips.. Idk hahaha.

Almora 11-10-2012 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thorosern (Post 1782904)
Idk, I play Flyff and their concept is this -

Armour Set +3 onwards glows. But the max (i.e. +12, glows super beautifully)

Weapon (glow effect depends on the attribute you upgrade it with, +12 glows better than +3)

I think this will encourage people to refine.. But of course from +5 onwards, there is a chance of breaking your weapon / armour. So you got to buy some MS items :py53:

Nevertheless, I thought this will be an improvement to the existing glow effects for unique sets and 4G equips.. Idk hahaha.

I knew you were talking about Flyff lol.

Ha, yeah no. Flyff's upgrading system is awful and stupid, why would you even think of having that kind of idea(bolded) for us.

I'm fine with the glows, just give us an option to turn it off since they often clashed with CS sets and made it barely visible/no changes to the current upgrading rates.

Mazuiko 11-10-2012 09:43 PM

It would be nice but like was mentioned... we have 4G equips. Unless they like, I don't know, made 4G equips have some crazy mad glows and make refined equips glow, but they're dimmer than 4G?

Can't see it happening but I have played games where your equips glow different colours the more they are refined and I always loved it. So pretty~ Just not sure how that would work in TO... :<

Revolution 11-10-2012 09:51 PM

The refine+glow is in Rusty Hearts too I think.

iEmpty 11-10-2012 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thorosern (Post 1782904)

If at last they improve the current glow of the 4G equips >:( But adding glow to any equip would be pretty nice (:

Sakurah 11-10-2012 11:09 PM

Haha, I thought of this idea a while back, but thought of it more in the cash shop vein. I know this way they'd have my money no matter what. XD

I was thinking of a more aesthetic approach, but yeah, with 4G equips, it kinda nullifies the idea. I do support the idea of turning the glows on and off, however. But eh... I highly doubt this'll happen. :U

Valese 11-10-2012 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rarity (Post 1782939)
I do support the idea of turning the glows on and off, however. But eh... I highly doubt this'll happen. :U

If they would ever implement an 'everything shiny' feature.. I hope they don't forget the off button, because I know I won't like most of the shiny equipments. :l

Too much shine = tacky.