ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Trickster Online General Chat (http://ggftw.com/forum/trickster-online-general-chat/)
-   -   Dimensional Rift Effect (http://ggftw.com/forum/trickster-online-general-chat/116875-dimensional-rift-effect.html)

Azumarill 09-08-2012 02:27 AM

Dimensional Rift Effect

Hello guys.

I would like to tell you my new finding.
If you use Dimensional Rift when fighting a CT boss, and it faints while being locked in another dimension. There will not be a 'boss room will crumble' and you will be stuck there.

That's all. >.<

InfernalGuy 09-08-2012 03:36 AM

That's lame. Btw, Ru, what is the formula for that skill? ;o maybe you know it? I heard ppl saying it's AP based..? -_-

Nebula 09-08-2012 04:06 AM

If you want to gather data, I should be able to work out the forumla of the skill.
I guess you will need specific instructions however.

InfernalGuy 09-08-2012 05:28 AM

Well I'm good at maths too :) but I don't have any sheep with that skill, so I have NO idea, I mean NOOOOOO idea about the formula or stats and co-ofs used in it

Kisa 09-08-2012 06:06 AM

Thanks for the heads up Azu :3

From the very quick test I did, it seemed to be more reliant on MA than AP.

Have no clue of exact numbers, or what else it takes into account, but I'd be interested to find out.

Nebula 09-08-2012 06:25 AM

Humm Kisa, if you are willing to, can you please gather the following numbers? Anyone else can too.

First off take off you staff.
Also have a few swords at hand with various ap. Some ma acessories may help.

Anyways start off by recording you ma and ap and skill level.
Now use the skill on a torrobie and note the damage (make sure it is not a crit)

Next cast mist of mana and then record your ma, ap and damage.
Now switch maps to remove the mist buff and put or your first sword. Record you ap and cast the skill with and without mist taking note of the damage.
Do this with two more swords with higher ap.

Also make sure LK and ac do not affect the damage.

Anyways, +rep to everyone who does this. (if that is an incentive). I hope this is somewhat clear.

KahruNYA 09-08-2012 03:01 PM

This effect happens in PvP/GvG too. If the target(s) die with the dark screen blinding everything, the dark screen doesn't go away and the player can't hit restart. I sent a 1:1 about this but all I got was a default response and a "please use our suggestion forums and bug report forums" etc.

I can also help test a bit if you'd like, I have the skill mastered as well.

:py60:

Nebula 09-08-2012 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KahruNYA (Post 1766297)
This effect happens in PvP/GvG too. If the target(s) die with the dark screen blinding everything, the dark screen doesn't go away and the player can't hit restart. I sent a 1:1 about this but all I got was a default response and a "please use our suggestion forums and bug report forums" etc.

I can also help test a bit if you'd like, I have the skill mastered as well.

I would love you to help test. If you need someone to write the numbers down let me know.

kale15 09-08-2012 03:46 PM

(MA-25) X Magnification

1 - 13
2 - 15
3 - 17
4 - 19
5 - 21
6 - 23
7 - 25
8 - 27
9 - 29
10 - 31
M - 36

KahruNYA 09-08-2012 03:55 PM

^EDIT - That

Dimensional Rift (Level Master): Damage = (MA - 25) * 36

Okay. Well that's kind of boring lol.
So then the skill info on the card / info window is complete BS? 550% AP? lol?

Nebula 09-08-2012 04:10 PM

Yeah just got 31 for lvl 10.
Thanks Kale and Kahru

Draft 09-08-2012 05:34 PM

It's also a stunner. If you rift someone while they're casting something they will come back unable to attack or cast anything.
Works on monsters too. Disable Gorgon's tetra :")

Sometimes the target can't even move. I did it in PvP and that person was stuck somehow. I have no idea what skill she used though.

Nebula 09-08-2012 05:48 PM

If you do it on a bombing racoon I heard that the bomb explodes but no one takes damage.
What a weird skill eh?

Draft 09-08-2012 06:47 PM

Not weird. Best soul master skill so far. It's cheesy but hey foxes hide and hit.

For the post below:
PvP is fun with rift. It's glitchy but in a good way(to us) lol

Nebula 09-08-2012 06:49 PM

My sister nicknamed them trollmasters lol.

KahruNYA 09-09-2012 11:50 AM

I'd hardly call it their best skill, but it's definitely not their worst.

For it's MP cost and mediocre damage in comparison... it's pretty bad IMO.
The 4 or 5 second blinded screen/banish effect hardly makes up for the more than four times more MP it costs and less damage than Celestial Strike. Though that's how I feel about it in PvM/Bossing.

In PvP I suppose it's good, if you can hit with it and not take half of the other players on the map as well by accident lol.

Draft 09-09-2012 11:56 AM

I think it will own in GvG. Coon's suicide and sheep's rift combo is awesome. Bunny can't break free from rift unlike other stuns.

I don't mind the damage. It's stronger than electro attack so that's pretty good.
With its ability to stop an attack from activating I think of it like a defensive skill :)
Kahru if you ever played a priest you would know Celestial does crap to most bosses after Skull. Trust me Pheonix alone is way faster.

fate23 09-09-2012 12:20 PM

It's not in any way based on AP. It is glitched when you die inside it. It is not meant to be a killing skill. It is a set up skill so basically a PvP skill.
This is basically the summary of it.

KahruNYA 09-09-2012 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnowBerry (Post 1766566)
I think it will own in GvG. Coon's suicide and sheep's rift combo is awesome. Bunny can't break free from rift unlike other stuns.

A smart Raccoon wont walk up to you and then start Mass Destruction. Bunnies will just Flash Cut you before you can cast it.

I don't mind the damage. It's stronger than electro attack so that's pretty good.

Who would of thought - a 3rd job "completion" skill would do more damage than a 2nd job intro to elements skill. Good point.

With its ability to stop an attack from activating I think of it like a defensive skill :)

Depends on the opposing skill's casting time. Try stopping the new Buffalo's lightning skill.

Kahru if you ever played a priest you would know Celestial does crap to most bosses after Skull. Trust me Phoenix alone is way faster.

And Dimensional Rift does close to nothing against CT bosses either without debuffs. My point was I think it costs too much MP, but that's only my opinion I guess.

It's still a funny skill. I cycle it with Scorching, Electro, and Staff in Fiesta for quite a lot of exp gain. Just have to remember to stop by CT beforehand to pick up 100 of those 4k MP potions.

Has anyone tried yet to hit someone who is "banished" with Mana Storm?

Draft 09-09-2012 12:43 PM

Rift is more successful in stunning. The range is big and less than half a second to cast.

You can't expect skills to keep getting stronger. Weren't you the one who is annoyed that people can constantly KO monsters and bosses. Rift is use for PvP and not to outmatch celestial.
Their logic is that soul master are suppose to be weaker than priests I guess, but oh wells. Priest didn't really get any stronger AoE this time so can't complain :P

Yes it cost way too much MP but have you seen elemental boost? Lv1 it cost 1K mp and takes 2min to cool down. I'm pretty sure all new skills cost a lot of mp.