ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Trickster Online > Trickster Online General Chat

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
08-08-2012   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster Online

Azumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant future
IGN: Nerdy
Class: All Nerdy Classes to_boxer
Level: All Nerdy lvs
Guild: Nerd(Pure)flux
Default In Game Names

Okay guys, how would you feel if is obvious that someone else was trying to copy your character's name?

Maybe a mini rant. But I feel a little upset.

This fast tracking event, we know most good names are being taken because people are making new characters like mad.

My fox' name is Pasusu. When I made it, I double checked if Pazuzu was taken and it wasn't. It was a quite special name for me. I really love the name because it sounded good to me and was different from others.

So I saw in the job advance congratulations tbn that someone's dragon has been named pazuzu and with a couple of 'x' as decorations.
Someone thought this pazuzu was an impersonator. Tho I don't think it is good to suspect people because they have taken a similar name when they haven't done anything.

But I feel unhappy that people are making similar names because they aren't creative. And now Pasusu's name isn't that special anymore because now there are pazuzu...
Now I regret that I didn't make a mule naming it pazuzu to prevent this from happening because I never thought anyone would actually do it.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
08-08-2012   #2 (permalink)
Greetings to you!
Games
Trickster OnlineDungeon Fighter OnlineWorld of WarcraftForsaken World
Awards Artifact Hoarder

Draft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Draft
Guild: ~°Polaris°~

I'm sorry and I know how you feel. I found out people were copying some of my character name once.
1. Always list your characters in your signature, profile info, and etc.
2. I always create another character on Fant with same name when I create one on Jewelia. It's better safe than sorry.
3. Always make your name clear. Double letters tend to sometime blind people.

I get the feeling when you have a special name for mmorpg games and found out someone already used it

08-08-2012   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

SteelFlex will become famous soon enoughSteelFlex will become famous soon enough
IGN: SteelFlex333
Class: Swag to_wizard
Level: Infinity
Guild: Nerf Koreans

My IGN is locked away in a perma-banned acct and I already have a mule account full of characters with my IGN decorated with x's and i's. All of my igns are made by putting two random words together so.... yah
Must be annoying to see someone steal your ign

08-08-2012   #4 (permalink)
Nonsense
Games
Trickster Online
Awards Event WinnerWandering Eye

Nebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Enthalpy/ Reminder
Class: Duelist to_bunny
Guild: Guardians

It is sometimes just a coincidence. It is best to not to go to the person and say something in public as you really do make a fool of youself. Or at least one person did so.
Inguess I will tell you the story. Basically my bunny is married to a character called sf13 (sf stands for something). Anyways I am minding my own business in paradise shop and some fox comes in and says "You stole my name, I am the original sf" (without the 13). I try to tell them it is just a coincidence and they start talking about how they have have the name since beta (beta is fantasia?!?! That is beside the point). Anyways, me and a few players try to tell them that there was no intention of impersonation and basically sf13 was a name they used in many circumstances outside TO.
So they went on and on and got mad for something really silly. Other players were watching and they joined in. The fox eventually gavebup on arguing. So yeah, making a deal about a so called stolen name when My character was not event called that name..

------
If it was not a coincidence, I am sure you may hear more about it in the future.
I honestly do not care if someone makes an Enthalpie in fantasia. We can share our love of thermodynamics?

08-08-2012   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster Online

Azumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant future
IGN: Nerdy
Class: All Nerdy Classes to_boxer
Level: All Nerdy lvs
Guild: Nerd(Pure)flux

^
Of course, I cannot tell if it was really a coincidence or not. But I doubt it.
However, as long as that person doesn't do anything funny such as impersonation it would be wrong if I argues with them about this. Even if they took after seeing my fox has that name.

But I always put a lot of effort naming my characters. Some of them I wouldn't create unless I come up with a fitting name. I ask my friends for opinions and it takes days for me to decide upon a name. That is why I mind so very much, a situation like this. :C

08-08-2012   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Caustic has much to be proud ofCaustic has much to be proud ofCaustic has much to be proud ofCaustic has much to be proud ofCaustic has much to be proud ofCaustic has much to be proud ofCaustic has much to be proud ofCaustic has much to be proud ofCaustic has much to be proud of
IGN: BigBear
Class: Raccoon now to_raccoon
Level: Fantasia:132

I doubt that he is trying to impersonate you, I know lots of people named Maria, Jhon, Michelle and etc, even in games things are like that, you'll find someone with similar chara names eventually.
It's kinda hard to be unique in a planet with 7 billion people.

08-08-2012   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games
Trickster Online

lMina is a jewel in the roughlMina is a jewel in the roughlMina is a jewel in the rough
IGN: lEmmie/lMina(Duelist)
Class: Witch to_soulmaster
Level: 22x-20x/24x-2xx
Guild: SilentMoon
Xfire: ??? ._.

I guess it's annoying when you take so much time to find a name and they 'steal' it. As for me I usually go search for normal names and try using those. Of course most of them are already taken so I need to use stuff like the Xs or l or something. And I don't think that's is stealing someone else's name. In my guild there was another person with a chara called Mina, I didn't even know her and we got to be on the same guild. Should she say I stole her name or should I say that?
But well, sure, I understand, those are such common names, your wasn't. But maybe he/she just used it 'cause he found nice and was tired of searching for names, probably he doesn't want to use it to say it is you or something.

08-08-2012   #8 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Tardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond repute

As long as they don't try to be me or use the name badly (i.e., pretend to be me to scam, etc.) I don't care.

Imitation is the highest form of flattery.

08-08-2012   #9 (permalink)
MARINA
Games
Trickster OnlineEden EternalLeague of Legends

Versalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud of
IGN: Versalia

I get the same feeling..e.e But what Jare said. >:

08-08-2012   #10 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
Games
Trickster Online

Cashmerre is on a distinguished road
IGN: Cashmerre
Class: I'll play ALL of the classes! o u o to_champion

Pazuzu isn't all that unique, I must say. It's a name from mythology, if you take a quick google search. Or maybe he was a big fan of Professor Farnsworth's pet gargoyle. The name also makes it's way into the game Persona 3. All in all, it's a complete coincidence, but at least he didn't take 'pasusu'. :3 I'm willing to bet he thought that "king of the demons of the wind" would make a cool name. Especially if he went a Wind Wizard.

I understand though, it eats me up inside when I find copycats.

Last edited by Cashmerre; 08-08-2012 at 10:12 AM.

08-08-2012   #11 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

Grail is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Grail

Like Jare stated. As long as they don't use any IGNs similar to mine in a fowl way then I'm good. I can understand how annoying and irritating it is to have people rip off your name, though.

08-08-2012   #12 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlineBright ShadowDivina OnlinePhantom Brave Online

Recette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Lesliesun
Class: Merchant to_soulmaster
Level: 15xx
Guild: Depraved

Nothing wrong, especially if the name is common or well known.

If they try to impersonate me for scamming purposes, well, I cannot do much but hope that people will have some common sense and ignore them.

Recette - Witch 400 | EmiriTachibana - Diva 400 | SakuraHiiragi - Champion 35x | AnaJessicaAyano - Soul Master 26x | LeslieSun - Witch 26x

Bye Bright Shadow Japan, I will miss you all and my bunch of characters very much ~~

08-08-2012   #13 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Caustic has much to be proud ofCaustic has much to be proud ofCaustic has much to be proud ofCaustic has much to be proud ofCaustic has much to be proud ofCaustic has much to be proud ofCaustic has much to be proud ofCaustic has much to be proud ofCaustic has much to be proud of
IGN: BigBear
Class: Raccoon now to_raccoon
Level: Fantasia:132

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jare
Imitation is the highest form of flattery.
That's genius. you said it all.