ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Trickster Online General Chat (http://ggftw.com/forum/trickster-online-general-chat/)
-   -   Who thinks trickster should make Game of throne Pets :O? (http://ggftw.com/forum/trickster-online-general-chat/115470-who-thinks-trickster-should-make-game-throne-pets-o.html)

nessieness 07-31-2012 03:08 AM

Who thinks trickster should make Game of throne Pets :O?

Recently I've become addicted on this TV show and damn its awesome :O yes it has abit of....awkward bits here and there but the story line (Y)

So I was wondering what if trickster made those pets :O? they're magical already and they could pretty much fit most of the char types :D like a khaleesi pet for dragon types xD :py16::py16:

Who else agree's :py05:?

Jon 07-31-2012 09:07 AM

No, sorry. I would, however, really love to see a Pyramid Head and/or Valtiel pet. ;)

Nikeos 07-31-2012 09:08 AM

No. I don't believe Trickster should ever directly add things from TV shows into the game. Coloring Poppuris blue is one thing, but adding Avatar characters in is completely another.

Veloze 07-31-2012 09:11 AM

No.

Tardar 07-31-2012 09:52 AM

Might be cool, but SGI having to work to get a pet seems a bit far-fetched.

IcedTeaa 07-31-2012 10:11 AM

Singing: SHOT THROUGH THE HEART~
But to answer your question, no. I would very much like it if they kept creating stuff. I like it fresh. :py35:

Cashmerre 07-31-2012 02:13 PM

Honestly, I don't see a problem with Trickster pulling pet/set ideas from other media. jTO does it all the time with anime.

Draft 07-31-2012 02:27 PM

I don't think SGI can. Other companies will be like "blah blah blah copyright!"

Cashmerre 07-31-2012 02:40 PM

There are several ways Trickster can create inspired items. Things such as Iron Nadia (obviously Iron Man) and Corvid (obviously based on the crow) they are simply parodies of such things and are not copyright infringements. Other ways Trickster can bring in money is promotions of other media. Maybe sets based on music stars and movies.

Draft 07-31-2012 03:00 PM

True but some people will take anything to court lol. Anyways i love to see something interesting if they managed to recreate stuff from ideas.

Bass 07-31-2012 03:23 PM

GoT <3 Epic Books, awesome series.

TO has some Movie-based pets like Cashmerre said, i wouldn't mind running around with something based on Thor :D

But based off GoT, not sure...

nessieness 07-31-2012 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bass (Post 1753080)
GoT <3 Epic Books, awesome series.

TO has some Movie-based pets like Cashmerre said, i wouldn't mind running around with something based on Thor :D

But based off GoT, not sure...

OMG THOR LOLOLOLOL i'd get a loki :py44:

and yeah i guess you guys are right about the copyright and stuff :py53: le facepalm... oh well...wishful thinking :P I wouldnt mind other characters based off movie stars too hahaha that would be pretty awesome :py05:

Queen 07-31-2012 07:42 PM

I highly doubt TO will implement anything famous mostly in Western Culture (I don't even know if GoT is popular in the East?) outside of a few things here and there, but we don't get the extreme Eastern (the anime pets) Culture items.

I mean, NA/Global TO gets everything from kTO/jTO (always forget which), so unless it's popular in Korea it won't get made. If it's not made, we won't see it. If it's made, there's no guarantee we'll see it, either.

:l I just feel this thread is people who don't understand how we get content.

Oh, and while the sexual themes/scenes in the show are generally for plot (read the books they're better anyway, except any scene with Littlefinger, none of that shit is in the books), I feel they are too adult to be featured as a vanity pet in TO anyway. What message would that send if there was a Cersei and Jaime pet? That incest is super okay and cute because hey, there's a pet!

Versalia 07-31-2012 07:57 PM

They often add NPC's and pets sumbolizing something inrl but renaming. eg. Indiana John.

Queen 07-31-2012 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vincere (Post 1753200)
They often add NPC's and pets sumbolizing something inrl but renaming. eg. Indiana John.

Except those movies are timeless classics.

My point went completely over your head, lol.

Hope James doesn't mind, I don't feel like retyping this.
Quote:

[11:05:23 PM] James Webber: it'd be impossible to make GoT because they're literally ....... only one possible interpretation
[11:05:27 PM] James Webber: Corvis can just be a scary dude
[11:05:32 PM] Taylor Mikucki: exactly
[11:05:33 PM] James Webber: Yes it looks like he's from The Crow
[11:05:40 PM] Taylor Mikucki: but he can just be some scary guy
[11:05:40 PM] James Webber: But nonetheless, he does look like a generic creeper
[11:05:51 PM] Taylor Mikucki: but it draws INSPIRATION (keyword) from The Crow
[11:05:56 PM] James Webber: Iron Nadia could be a myriad of any kind of cyborg thing
[11:06:00 PM] Taylor Mikucki: Just like Indiana John
[11:06:03 PM] James Webber: lolyea
[11:06:07 PM] Taylor Mikucki: but Indiana Jones is a timeless classic
[11:06:17 PM] Taylor Mikucki: so that's understandable
[11:06:26 PM] James Webber: and as far as i know, Indiana Jones is not a copyrighted -thing-
[11:06:38 PM] James Webber: oh wait
[11:06:41 PM] James Webber: he had comics later
[11:06:45 PM] Taylor Mikucki: WoW has Harrison Jones as an NPC for Christ's sake
[11:06:46 PM] James Webber: nvvvmmmm
[11:06:54 PM] Taylor Mikucki: it's just a pop-culture parody
[11:07:21 PM] Taylor Mikucki: it's more of a parody in WoW because it's the same Western origins, but Jones is popular enough to be known enough in the East

Cashmerre 07-31-2012 08:22 PM

I think it's more hypothetical talking rather than not understanding how we get content.

As for me, I would like it if eTO had more involvement in creating content. If anything more design contests to send pitches to the developers. Or eTO generating their own content. (like jTO, but that's wishful thinking).

EDIT:

Just pointing out there are incredibly heavy influences as Corvid being The Crow. For example Corvid is the genus name of a family of birds that include crows, ravens, rooks and magpies, among others.

Not only that; his pet description:

"A risen spirit of vengeance. Corvid wishes for nothing more than the absolute destruction of those that killed him and his love."

The entire basis of the movie plot. If someone reads him as a generic "creepy guy" they are just unaware of the references then. Still not infringement, but definitely not original. :3

I wouldn't call Iron Nadia being a generic cyborg either, just look at her art and compare it to Iron Man. Just Saiyan.

Valor 07-31-2012 08:46 PM

I'm fairly certain Ntreev/SGI/GR doesn't give two shits about us, so I sincerely doubt we'll be getting any western pop-culture references anytime soon (which is a pretty good thing, IMO, most of the "hyped" stuff sucks).

Azumarill 08-01-2012 07:21 AM

I WANT POKEMONZ! :D
(Don't think TO would ever poke em' on(in) tho...)

Rydia 08-01-2012 07:30 AM

Well we have a Fierce Winter Stark :3 Long lost Stark....cousin. Yeah that's it.