ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Trickster Online > Trickster Online General Chat

League of Legends
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

League of Legends

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
04-05-2012   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster Online

Azumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant future
IGN: Nerdy
Class: All Nerdy Classes to_boxer
Level: All Nerdy lvs
Guild: Nerd(Pure)flux
Default Boycotting Scammers.

I tend to boycott scammers.
Also people with a bad reputation (such as if they ks and stuff you know what the stuff)...
Spoiler!

No matter even if they have the item I really want.

But the thing is - boycotting at least well known scammers. I think this is a good way, maybe to limit them in someway. If they have scammed galders, they are prolly rich and wanting to buy stuff. Boycotting them would make their scammed galders less useful.

Of course scammers create new characters n' such. But at least...they are somewhat limited. :x

But it seems like it is only me doing this. Sometimes I do see a well known scammer looking for a rare item that I have -which I could have sold -. I wouldn't do business with them. But it doesn't help because I think there are only a very few people boycotting scammers.

:x

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
04-05-2012   #2 (permalink)
4.30.13 RIP
Special Games
Trickster OnlineRunescapeRobloxPangya
Awards Event WinnerWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Jessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Jessica Send a message via Skype™ to Jessica
IGN: Settie
Level: 24
Guild: MC/Astro

I let people know who scammers are. If I see them trying to sell/buy anything MS related, or if they're trying to borrow a unique, I'll use a Megaphone to warn people.

I have gotten crap from their "friends" (really them on a noob account) about how trustworthy they are and that I should leave them alone and "let them play". No, I care about the community and don't want to risk others getting scammed. If they want a "good reputation" they shouldn't have done it in the first place.

04-05-2012   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster Online

Azumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant future

I'm not speaking of MS or lending.
What I am saying is, buying and selling items in general.

Never buying anything a scammer is selling. Never selling a scammer anything they are looking for. Even if there is 0% getting scammed in doing business with them.

Also, if seeing a item that might be scammed, boycott that item as well.
Since scammers doesn't get punished by GMs, they should get punished by the community. :x
If they are boycotted and unable to obtain items with galders, it will be hard for them. :>

04-05-2012   #4 (permalink)
4.30.13 RIP
Special Games
Trickster OnlineRunescapeRobloxPangya
Awards Event WinnerWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Jessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Jessica Send a message via Skype™ to Jessica
IGN: Settie
Level: 24
Guild: MC/Astro

Yeah, I know. Just talking about scammers in general. I try to keep people from doing business from them, and I would never do a thing with them. >: I don't know why people even bother doing anything with them, I see people doing business with scammers on here, when it's been proven, and it's just...I don't know, makes me mad that they'd support someone like them by buying their stuff.

04-06-2012   #5 (permalink)
Games
Trickster OnlineHello Kitty OnlineMabinogi

Nikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond repute

snippity ~~

Last edited by Nikeos; 04-06-2012 at 04:17 AM.

04-06-2012   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Isatis has a spectacular aura aboutIsatis has a spectacular aura aboutIsatis has a spectacular aura about
IGN: Eisbar-Eyri-Irokwa
Level: 400/400/272
Guild: ~..Melt the snow..~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azumarill
Since scammers doesn't get punished by GMs, they should get punished by the community. :x
If they are boycotted and unable to obtain items with galders, it will be hard for them. :>
Your intention is good, but imho it's like useless. When |Yuri| scam the soki set of dardevill and sold it just then, everyone was asking him to sell. Obviously, if you sell an item 1b while the average price on market is 6b, you could have all the good intention you want, there always will be people who prefere to make a bargain and take the item even if they feed a scammer, than just watching this items being buying by someone else. Of course these people just don't care that someone just getting scam and might be very VERY sad/mad/angry/disappointed.
I think in this kind of scam, the better thing to do is actually (if you can/want) to buy the item before those egoist people and give it back to the original owner, which pay you back when he can. And never mind for the scammer, at least the person get his item back, and now the scammer is well-known.

04-06-2012   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
Games
Trickster Online

MyLoveless has a spectacular aura aboutMyLoveless has a spectacular aura about
IGN: OxMnemosynexO
Class: Witch to_mercenary
Level: 26X

I think it's someway a little useful but maybe just not enough o: since there's no way someone could get banned because of scamming selling or buying MS and there's a lot of people banned because of lending a friend a sword, Boss Unique or anything for a few minutes. Thinking this way, the ban rules and method is kinda unfair ... very unfair S:

So it's not our fault and we're in all our right of making this rules a little more fair :3 and make this game a little more playable since GMs or whoever is in charge of making rules and make them work o: are not going to change them anyway o_o

It's useful because they got limited yup, but not useful because the system is not practical, it's not even designed 4 that, I mean, stopping scammers ...

I'm going to check that list of scammers so I don't buy or sell anything to them never ever in my limited existence o3o ...

Last edited by MyLoveless; 04-06-2012 at 10:21 AM.

04-06-2012   #8 (permalink)
#selfie
Games
Trickster OnlineEden EternalLeague of Legends

Versalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud of
IGN: Versalia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azumarill
I'm not speaking of MS or lending.
What I am saying is, buying and selling items in general.

Never buying anything a scammer is selling. Never selling a scammer anything they are looking for. Even if there is 0% getting scammed in doing business with them.

I agree with you. Scammers have done wrong and shouldnt be transacted with, even if they are really trustworthy now. It is their fault they have scammed. Obviously it is wrong. Sometimes you can be really tempted by offers of selling/buying but, maybe this way there will be less scammers out there....hopefully.

04-07-2012   #9 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

darkpetal is a jewel in the roughdarkpetal is a jewel in the roughdarkpetal is a jewel in the roughdarkpetal is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Deepee / Finiel
Class: Coonie / Kitteh to_cat
Level: 26x / 24x
Guild: MoonlightC / Guildless

i appreciate settie warning with a mike abt scammers. bad thing is, ppl pay no heed.

04-07-2012   #10 (permalink)
#selfie
Games

Versalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkpetal
i appreciate settie warning with a mike abt scammers. bad thing is, ppl pay no heed.
Thats not always true. Many people take it into consideration and they are more careful when transacting. Some may not. But the headsup is always nice and helpful for everyone. Except for the scammers but then maybe theyll stop scamming as they know people have been warned! But Settie's intention benefits the trickster community.

04-07-2012   #11 (permalink)
Nonsense
Games
Trickster Online
Awards Event WinnerWandering Eye

Nebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Enthalpy/ Reminder
Class: Duelist to_bunny
Guild: Guardians

Scammers make me (to put it in a friend's words..) sick
Especially the ones who impersonate your friends. I am just glad my friends have been smart enough to not get scammed by fake Enthalpies. What scares m is hpw much they know about me >.> and many other players.. They are like stalkers.

But yeah, try to boycott scammers, esp in myshop transactions or even worse ones involving cash (nice and really illegal).
I notice some scammers may take payfirst. So the question I want to ask is:

It is morally alright to scam a scammer?

04-07-2012   #12 (permalink)
#selfie
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyEl
Scammers make me (to put it in a friend's words..) sick
Especially the ones who impersonate your friends. I am just glad my friends have been smart enough to not get scammed by fake Enthalpies. What scares m is hpw much they know about me >.> and many other players.. They are like stalkers.

But yeah, try to boycott scammers, esp in myshop transactions or even worse ones involving cash (nice and really illegal).
I notice some scammers may take payfirst. So the question I want to ask is:

It is morally alright to scam a scammer?
I dont think it is. Scamming is wrong. And you never know. Maybe those scammers BECAME scammers because they tryed to do the "right" thing and scam a scammer and then they got lets say.."addicted" just trying to stay away from scamming ANYONE is the safest thing to do!

04-07-2012   #13 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster Online

I'm not sure that scamming a scammer is something you can get addicted on.
I dunno, but I dun think it is wrong to scam a scammer. :x
Everything a person does is either good or bad depending on the intention.

04-07-2012   #14 (permalink)
ღ 愛わいつも。<3
Games
Eden EternalPangyaTrickster OnlineLeague of Legends
Awards Facebook Fan

Sunniiee is a jewel in the roughSunniiee is a jewel in the roughSunniiee is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to Sunniiee Send a message via Skype™ to Sunniiee
IGN: Seyeumi ☕
Class: Mid, Adc, Support to_soulmaster

Boycotting has probably been attempted, it's just that when not everyone does it, it doesn't seem like there's any gain x.x because there's greedy people who would just buy it anyway if its really cheap or something, or sell if they're offering really high with scammed/duplicated galders. I'd love to see this put into action though. +rep to you aqua

04-07-2012   #15 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlineBright ShadowDivina OnlinePhantom Brave Online

Recette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Lesliesun
Class: Merchant to_soulmaster
Level: 15xx
Guild: Depraved

There was an old thread with interesting comments about this issue in the this link.

Regarding my opinion, I am not too sure, in one hand I think that the scammer kinda deserves being scammed, considering they cannot be punished otherwise, but in the other hand that turns you into a scammer yourself.

Recette - Witch 400 | EmiriTachibana - Diva 400 | SakuraHiiragi - Champion 35x | AnaJessicaAyano - Soul Master 26x | LeslieSun - Witch 26x

Bye Bright Shadow Japan, I will miss you all and my bunch of characters very much ~~

04-07-2012   #16 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special Games
La TaleTrickster OnlinePangyaROHAN: Blood Feud
Awards MoM Award

Aria has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recette
Regarding my opinion, I am not too sure, in one hand I think that the scammer kinda deserves being scammed, considering they cannot be punished otherwise, but in the other hand that turns you into a scammer yourself.
That depends on whether the thing that the scammer got "scammed" of belongs to him in the first place. MedicationGeneration fooled a scammer into handing over a scammed unique set, which was then returned to its rightful owner. I'm sure you'd remember. I honestly dare anyone to call him a scammer.

@JellyJammo: I see people in this game as falling into three categories. Those who would never, ever scam (me, and many others); those who have scammed but have since owned up to it and won't do it again; those who scam whenever they can, don't care if it's wrong and are even proud of it. If you're a person brought up to have morals, principles and integrity, there's no way you could get addicted to scamming.

Last edited by Aria; 04-07-2012 at 05:35 PM.

04-07-2012   #17 (permalink)
#selfie
Games

I understand that, i made it unclear, but what i meant was..even if yur scammimg a scammer..that means yu'd be a scammer yourself which is not a good thing for reputation. x:

04-07-2012   #18 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Thorosern is a splendid one to beholdThorosern is a splendid one to beholdThorosern is a splendid one to beholdThorosern is a splendid one to beholdThorosern is a splendid one to beholdThorosern is a splendid one to behold
IGN: Saxophonist
Class: Buffalo
Guild: Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyJammo
I understand that, i made it unclear, but what i meant was..even if yur scammimg a scammer..that means yu'd be a scammer yourself which is not a good thing for reputation. x:

Agree to disagree!

04-07-2012   #19 (permalink)
ღ 愛わいつも。<3
Games
Eden EternalPangyaTrickster OnlineLeague of Legends
Awards Facebook Fan

Sunniiee is a jewel in the roughSunniiee is a jewel in the roughSunniiee is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to Sunniiee Send a message via Skype™ to Sunniiee
IGN: Seyeumi ☕
Class: Mid, Adc, Support to_soulmaster

I wouldn't really consider taking back an item and giving it back to its original owner a form of scam; however, if they scam the scammer for their own personal gain, that seems to be another story.

04-07-2012   #20 (permalink)
#selfie
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorosern

Agree to disagree!
Whats that suppose to mean Saxo. >______> why always mean to me.