ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Trickster Online > Trickster Online General Chat

Loong - The Power of the Dragon
Looking for a new MMO?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
03-24-2012   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Thorosern is a splendid one to beholdThorosern is a splendid one to beholdThorosern is a splendid one to beholdThorosern is a splendid one to beholdThorosern is a splendid one to beholdThorosern is a splendid one to behold
IGN: Saxophonist
Class: Buffalo
Guild: Dawn
Default Just being curious..

Im not trying to troll the game nor am I trying to stir up crap amongst players. But I've read this kind of thread in other games' forum and it makes me wonder this:

When do you think Trickster will finally closed down?

Don't get me wrong, Im just asking for your opinion. As much as I'd love the game to continue forever, but I think that all good things will come to an end someday. So Im not sure :O

Would love to hear some opinions.

AND PLEASE EVERYONE, DO NOT QUOTE AND REBUTT OPINIONS HERE. Just a sharing session

Thanks!

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
03-24-2012   #2 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
Trickster OnlineSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterDragon SagaLegend of Edda

SereneSky is on a distinguished road
IGN: apricots // KaruLion
Class: Saint // Lion to_engineer

lol before even reading this post, I was actually just thinking about that. Don't play TO anymore, but had always been wondering what SG Interactive is up to.

Especially for companies like SG, I see their company competitiveness based on the variety of games which they offer. Although going for variety means frequent transition of playerbase, at least players would be retained.

Makes me wonder what kind of game SG may consider next in porting to US. I don't really find closing TO likely yet since there's still that option of merging server that hasn't been done yet.

03-25-2012   #3 (permalink)
4.30.13 RIP
Special Games
Trickster OnlineRunescapeRobloxPangya
Awards Event WinnerWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Jessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Jessica Send a message via Skype™ to Jessica
IGN: Settie
Level: 24
Guild: MC/Astro

I don't believe it will anytime soon, personally.

They do get a nice income from it. Their other games pull in a good amount of money, too, so the company won't be done, either. If a game I used to play closed down, wasn't a really populated game, and was able to afford coming back a year later just fine, I'm sure Trickster will be around for while.

I also believe that before they started to close down, they would try to keep it around with a subscription service, merge servers and not give out free myshop with events. I don't think we'd see them trying to help us win poppuri events, either. Even though it's small prizes, it's still myshop.

03-25-2012   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

zemega is just really nicezemega is just really nicezemega is just really nicezemega is just really nicezemega is just really nice

I wonder if giving out free gift in Poppuri Events actually helps them financially. Like getting tax deduction or lower their tax bracket, or simply they can write it off as loss which can be deducted from their tax as well. In a way, they simply benefits in terms of revenue from giving out free stuff.

03-25-2012   #5 (permalink)
C.I.A. Rad Bromance
Games
Trickster OnlineAuditionGrand ChasePangya
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardWandering Eye

Torikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Torikakae Send a message via Yahoo to Torikakae Send a message via Skype™ to Torikakae
IGN: Torikakae
Class: Buffalo to_buffalo
Level: 400
Guild: Mirage Coordinator

I've been hearing rumors about Trickster Online closing down since it's 2nd year. And we're in it's....6th year now I believe. Trickster offers something that other MMO's don't, and as long as we're getting constant updates and events, I don't see it closing down in the near future neither.

~Thank you Shnao for the siggie~

03-25-2012   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlineEden Eternal

KahruNYA has a brilliant futureKahruNYA has a brilliant futureKahruNYA has a brilliant futureKahruNYA has a brilliant futureKahruNYA has a brilliant futureKahruNYA has a brilliant futureKahruNYA has a brilliant futureKahruNYA has a brilliant futureKahruNYA has a brilliant futureKahruNYA has a brilliant futureKahruNYA has a brilliant future
IGN: Kahru | Reimuu | Conduite
Class: Soul Master | Witch | Champion to_soulmaster
Level: 3xx/36x | 23x/2xx | 14x/13x

As long as all the little rich kids pour thousands of dollars into MyShop every other week to complete character sets and temper/refine insane powerful equipment I don't think this game will ever shut down.

Just kidding.

In all seriousness though;

Seeing how there is still a bit left to the story (perhaps, depends on the development team), the new skills haven't even reached eTO yet, let alone the PvP/GvG balancing in kTO (to my knowledge anyway) ...I'd say there still some time left for Trickster. Though in my opinion unless they keep cranking out new episodes or content like Chaos Tower every so often (every 3 or 4 months) after they're done balancing everything and completing characters, this game will end up dying by itself.

This game is small. It's really difficult to maintain a large player-base in a game that is essentially groups of 5 or 6 small maps connected by portals that contain a gazillion quests working on a "bring me 3 or 5 of x item y amount of times" model. Not saying there's anything wrong with that, or there are major differences in that aspect compared to other MMORPGs, but most other games (I've played) that use that system have a higher drop-rate due to the fact that the monsters/bosses have more than 2 hp, and players aren't dishing out 10k+ damage, one-shooting everything (including bosses in some cases) at level 35~90 with a unique weapon or two.

I think this game's mechanics could have been handled a little bit lot better, and it's a bit sad for me seeing Trickster like this. But I still try to log on every day just if to see if any friends are online and they want to party and do anything.

Wish I could meet more of the posters on this forum in-game more often.

Only used IGNs: Kahru | Reimuu. Anyone else claiming to be me is a scammer.

03-25-2012   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of Legends

InfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with everything said above, I too think that TO will be here for a while, I think 5 years or so. But the small maps and (in my personal opinion) too easy game play might be the reason TO will die. There's really no content (exept GvG and harkon defence) that gathers and connects our comunity. In other games, team work is the key to success and in TO you're like god, killing every and single mob and boss in one hit later on. It is interesting in the beggining, but then you start missing challenges... When I look into other games and see their few hours lasting raids, GvG castle defences, dungeon cleaning parties I'm getting kinda upset cause TO doesn't have that. But it really could, and especially as it had some of it before (when you were able to hunt bosses witg a party)... Only challenging 'boss' is Master Mong which is accessible with a party at level 40-, and thats all :|

Last edited by InfernalGuy; 03-25-2012 at 05:55 AM.

03-25-2012   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

parudy88 has a reputation beyond reputeparudy88 has a reputation beyond reputeparudy88 has a reputation beyond reputeparudy88 has a reputation beyond reputeparudy88 has a reputation beyond reputeparudy88 has a reputation beyond reputeparudy88 has a reputation beyond reputeparudy88 has a reputation beyond reputeparudy88 has a reputation beyond reputeparudy88 has a reputation beyond reputeparudy88 has a reputation beyond repute

I can tell you that the kTO community has been decreasing steadly in size, and the players have long accepted the fact that the developers don't really care for this game anymore. I don't know how this will affect other servers...

03-25-2012   #9 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Tardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond repute

I personally am less optimistic, especially after seeing what Parudy said. The life of this game is directly tied to the health of kTO. If kTO shuts down and/or stops updates, the end of eTO will follow soon after. Now, when that will be no one really can say. I would estimate that the game will last at least two more years. Beyond two years I think is when it'll start to shut down.

03-28-2012   #10 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Elena is on a distinguished road

Game mechanics could be definitely a lot better..

I still think the whole idea of "I can kill monsters in one hit, but they also kill me in one hit too" is really dumb and a bad excuse for challenge.

03-28-2012   #11 (permalink)
ღ 愛わいつも。<3
Games
Eden EternalPangyaTrickster OnlineLeague of Legends
Awards Facebook Fan

Sunniiee is a jewel in the roughSunniiee is a jewel in the roughSunniiee is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to Sunniiee Send a message via Skype™ to Sunniiee
IGN: Seyeumi ☕
Class: Mid, Adc, Support to_soulmaster

I'm sure if TO updated more often, more players would play. Their constantly adding myshop items can also be a drawback, being that players get tired of only seeing myshop updates. Less players = less people buying pts. They should have a more even balance, and I wish we could see new content faster; however, kTO and jTO etc can only update so fast. After they update, we have to wait to get it as well. I'm kind of starting to get impatient myself with waiting...but, I'll be around for awhile.

03-28-2012   #12 (permalink)
Jon
♥ 09/07/13 to INFINITY. ♥
Games
Trickster OnlineElswordWonderKing OnlineEden Eternal
Awards Admin AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularGuide WriterWiki Task ForceWandering EyeArtifact HoarderPervert Award

Jon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond repute

Trickster itself isn't dead, but it is slowly dying (since all these years). I think the lack of content plus the majority of people are more interested in other genres of MMO (like DOTA/FPS/3D environments); because of that fact, not too many new people will join, and the people that have been loyal to Trickster are pretty much bored and not playing as much as they used to and/or quit.

I personally feel it might be around for another good 5 years, providing the developers still update the game. If not, it may end up shutting down faster.

03-28-2012   #13 (permalink)
Of Course i blive in god!
Games
Trickster OnlinePangyaLa TaleOurWorld
Awards Facebook Fan

Ladynoosy has a reputation beyond reputeLadynoosy has a reputation beyond reputeLadynoosy has a reputation beyond reputeLadynoosy has a reputation beyond reputeLadynoosy has a reputation beyond reputeLadynoosy has a reputation beyond reputeLadynoosy has a reputation beyond reputeLadynoosy has a reputation beyond reputeLadynoosy has a reputation beyond reputeLadynoosy has a reputation beyond reputeLadynoosy has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: noosy 。✪
Class: Meow to_cat
Level: to much chara but i love them <3 8 kitties~2 lion~2sheepy~1bun bun ~
Guild: Master SoulCalibur<3
Xfire: nooosy

good Thread! c:

well not sure this game will stay forever!! :l

what ever to much drama and error and bug .. and ban or glitch in this game or to much scammers....

ill never forget this awesome game i learned alot of things!

4 years im there umm
v
its my 2nd home!<333

the game not good like before Q.Q but > I LOVE YOU TRICKSTER ONLINE !

umm about the bad prize they give.. no comment

the nice people who will keep the game always! Alive!

Invite your friends to play with you c: n enjoy Trickster online

ops i love u my Tricky!!!!!

Sprite By~Rydia
~im playing only At Fantasia

03-28-2012   #14 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker
Games
Trickster Online

clione08 will become famous soon enough
IGN: AlanoreEzikiel/Igo
Class: Sheep to_sheep
Level: 160
Guild: Midnight Z

I think TO will never close down and new gamers will still flow as we think how it should flow so but, that is if they can keep up a very good story line, gameplay experience and so on.

I haven't finished nor started Chapter 6 yet, and I do not know if it ends there, but If it does, then I do not know what will happen anymore.

Somebody suggested that we should have levels 400-1000 or less in order to stir up attention and preference, but that will be impossible without making a new story line or continuing it.

The Events, just like what they say are getting less exciting every year.
The game needs something new and fun. Something that would pull gamers and tie em in strings.
Some things are so frustrating, like those of some quests that would eternally bore us and thus resolve into Plvls and stop playing the WHOLE GAME ITSELF.

"lasting raids, GvG castle defences, dungeon cleaning parties I'm getting kinda upset cause TO doesn't have that" - By InfernalGuy

Everything is so unpredictable. If they need some ideas, I'm sure the suggestions in the forum will do to provide good hints.

Last edited by clione08; 03-28-2012 at 10:29 PM.

03-28-2012   #15 (permalink)
ღ 愛わいつも。<3
Games
Eden EternalPangyaTrickster OnlineLeague of Legends
Awards Facebook Fan

Sunniiee is a jewel in the roughSunniiee is a jewel in the roughSunniiee is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to Sunniiee Send a message via Skype™ to Sunniiee
IGN: Seyeumi ☕
Class: Mid, Adc, Support to_soulmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by clione08
I haven't finished nor started Chapter 6 yet, and I do not know if it ends there, but If it does, then I do not know what will happen anymore.
I've got a feeling~ That tonight's- No. that since it IS basically the end, that it will be like a new season thing, like with anime. There is a certain number of episodes until a new season comes out if it does not seem completely solved or has room for more to the storyline.

03-28-2012   #16 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Starlaxy is a glorious beacon of lightStarlaxy is a glorious beacon of lightStarlaxy is a glorious beacon of lightStarlaxy is a glorious beacon of lightStarlaxy is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: Antagonist
Class: Champion to_champion
Level: 29x
Guild: Loki's Army

As others have said, people have been convinced TO will shut down since like... beta.

I was hearing it even during beta - and I heard it when I quit in 2008. I was pleasantly surprised it's still going, though the population seems to have declined slightly. That might be because I was used to having to find grind parties in low leveled areas, though. lol

03-31-2012   #17 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlineGrand Chase
Awards Event WinnerFacebook Fan

Wendyfav3 is a jewel in the roughWendyfav3 is a jewel in the roughWendyfav3 is a jewel in the roughWendyfav3 is a jewel in the rough

well the DNA Heart Project update is almost done. not to also mention that they said there going to be a Reborn system in mid 2012 or something.
but no information has be giving out about that yet. so I think you can Probably expect HUGE changes in Trickster in the summer.
and I think ( hopefully ) skills and PvP/GvG issue should be resolve by then as well.
my guess is like in June or July =_=.

Last edited by Wendyfav3; 03-31-2012 at 01:42 PM.

03-31-2012   #18 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

parudy88 has a reputation beyond reputeparudy88 has a reputation beyond reputeparudy88 has a reputation beyond reputeparudy88 has a reputation beyond reputeparudy88 has a reputation beyond reputeparudy88 has a reputation beyond reputeparudy88 has a reputation beyond reputeparudy88 has a reputation beyond reputeparudy88 has a reputation beyond reputeparudy88 has a reputation beyond reputeparudy88 has a reputation beyond repute

People also thought kTO AD will last longer, and got betrayed couple of months after the big GM/user meetup dinner....Just saying this already happened once.

03-31-2012   #19 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlineGrand Chase
Awards Event WinnerFacebook Fan

Wendyfav3 is a jewel in the roughWendyfav3 is a jewel in the roughWendyfav3 is a jewel in the roughWendyfav3 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by parudy88
People also thought kTO AD will last longer, and got betrayed couple of months after the big GM/user meetup dinner....Just saying this already happened once.

What kTO AD...............?

03-31-2012   #20 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

OK this is long, lol, you should only read it if you're interested in the history of kTO.... Here's what happened:

kTO was serviced in two different server until 2008 - one was in Netmarble, where the game was originally published in 2003 (this is when I started TO), named first "Trickster" then to "Trickster AD" at 2005, then at a differnt server at Ntreev, named "Trickster R" starting sometime in 2007.

When kTO R started, the users were nervous at first, but the GMs at both servers constantly reassured people that while the major system patches will be updated in R server first, AD will eventually get the same things in time, and both servers will be maintained for a foreseeable futue, until Netmarble and Ntreev can come to an agreement. Then they started updating a ton of new MS items/equips. People were relieved, and a good portion of kTO population stayed in AD server (I was one of them) because the new service at Ntreev server required a little more complicated steps to sign up anyway.

Then if I remember correctly sometime in mid 2008, there was a big meetup event between the developers+GMs and the users. I couldn't go to the event, but it was a huge thing in the community forum (called 'Trickworld', where the event was initiated) and we had a big online discussion of what people should ask/suggest to the GMs.

We were told later by the people who participated what was discussed at the event. Apparently the GMs dropped a plenty of hints for future updates to both servers, including new quests/regions/skills/and scenario developments, and promised the users that it is only a rumor that the servers will merge that year, and when and if they do, Ntreev will do anything to find the best solution that would cause the least damage to both Trickster AD/R users.

....And then couple of months later, it was announced out of nowhere that they would close down the AD servers, and no compensation (save for recent MS items bought) will be given to the previous AD users. Of course, the whole TO community erupted, and nothing was done until the users got together and submitted an oline petition, and the GMs eventually decided to transer AD users characters (level only) to the Ntreeve server through request for a month (Unfortunately, I wasn't able to save mine).

I would say This is the point where kTO degan its decline-a lot of users left feeling betrayed, and almost all communities closed down soon save for Trickworld (which eventually closed down last month). This happened because when Ntreev(or more accurately, SonNori) first developed this game they had close to zero experience with online games, so when their contract ended with the publishier things turned reaaal ugly. Netmarble refused to hand user DB to Ntreev, and the GMs, failing to negotiate with Ntreev, decided to discontinue their service at Netmarble. I doubt this exact thing would happen again, but I wouldn't be surprised if they act against their words again on matters like this.