ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Trickster Online > Trickster Online General Chat

Iris Online
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Iris Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
03-18-2012   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
zOMG!Transformice!Trickster Online

Gerik is a name known to allGerik is a name known to allGerik is a name known to allGerik is a name known to allGerik is a name known to allGerik is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to Gerik
IGN: Tsuukune
Class: Slave to_dragon
Level: 275
Guild: Rhaaaaage! >o
Default Why is everyone complaining about the Pop event prizes?

Why must everyone complain about the prizes?
And by everyone, I mean the general population of ggFTW tricksters. :I

The prize is 3k, 5 gacha coins, a master's authority, and a few other things.
that's already 13k myshop. If you ask me, that's more than enough to get my butt up and collect a mere 800 boxes. The prizes aren't crap, that is free money. FREE. Why not spend a few hours collecting items for the free stuff?

I find it a bit odd that people sometimes spend a few hours doing quests for events.. when the only output are event items which generally suck. Sure some are pretty, and so is myshop fashion.

The prizes do not suck. I don't care if we received xx myshop a few years ago. Regardless, free stuff is free. And this will is an event with a higher output.

A few weeks ago someone was stating how the community was 'lazy'. I can now see the light. I see how a lot of you guys sure are lazy, and greedy. We get handed an opportunity that only shows itself every half-year, and most people don't see it worthy of their time.

GMs, give us more money! This free service you provide us, and the amount of free money you're giving us isn't enough! I won't do the event unless you give me 25k myshop!!!

I rest my case.

Last edited by Gerik; 03-18-2012 at 01:15 AM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
03-18-2012   #2 (permalink)
1st banned
Games
Trickster OnlineElswordSD Gundam Online: Capsule Fighter

Zero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Zero
IGN: ProtoShot
Class: Scientist to_scientist
Level: 25x
Guild: Revolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerik

that's already 13k myshop. If you ask me, that's more than enough to get my butt up and collect a mere 800 boxes. The prizes aren't crap, that is free money. FREE. Why not spend a few hours collecting items for the free stuff?

I find it a bit odd that people sometimes spend a few hours doing quests for events.. when the only output are event items which generally suck. Sure some are pretty, and so is myshop fashion.

The prizes do not suck. I don't care if we received xx myshop a few years ago. Regardless, free stuff is free. And this will is an event with a higher output.

A few weeks ago someone was stating how the community was 'lazy'. I can now see the light. I see how a lot of you guys sure are lazy, and greedy. We get handed an opportunity that only shows itself every half-year, and most people don't see it worthy of their time.

GMs, give us more money! This free service you provide us, and the amount of free money you're giving us isn't enough! I won't do the event unless you give me 25k myshop!!!

I rest my case.
ITT: We complain about complaining.

03-18-2012   #3 (permalink)
4.30.13 RIP
Special Games
Trickster OnlineRunescapeRobloxPangya
Awards Event WinnerWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Jessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Jessica Send a message via Skype™ to Jessica
IGN: Settie
Level: 24
Guild: MC/Astro

I don't know why either...I've always like the pop events, it brings the community to work together for something for everyone.

03-18-2012   #4 (permalink)
Playing Finalfantasy XIV
Games
Trickster OnlineRusty Hearts
Awards Facebook Fan

kite384 has a reputation beyond reputekite384 has a reputation beyond reputekite384 has a reputation beyond reputekite384 has a reputation beyond reputekite384 has a reputation beyond reputekite384 has a reputation beyond reputekite384 has a reputation beyond reputekite384 has a reputation beyond reputekite384 has a reputation beyond reputekite384 has a reputation beyond reputekite384 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to kite384
IGN: ShugoKunisaki/kitekite
Class: Edgar/Tude to_buffalo
Level: 43/32
Guild: [[MoonlightC]]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Settie
I don't know why either...I've always like the pop events, it brings the community to work together for something for everyone.
that :3

03-18-2012   #5 (permalink)
ヨンム・カークス
Games
Trickster OnlineProject BlackoutSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterAion

Kirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Gladiyeytor

ITT we revive about a 3-4 year old issue that never got resolved

03-18-2012   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

GamblerLycan has a spectacular aura aboutGamblerLycan has a spectacular aura about

Why do people complain? Because nothing is ever good enough. People are selfish, amoral, and greedy. As soon as they have something they want more. Then they complain why the game isn't fun anymore.

03-18-2012   #7 (permalink)
DTF
Games
Trickster OnlineLuniaDragon SagaLa Tale
Awards MoM Award

Location: south of the north pole and north of the south pole
kale15 has a reputation beyond reputekale15 has a reputation beyond reputekale15 has a reputation beyond reputekale15 has a reputation beyond reputekale15 has a reputation beyond reputekale15 has a reputation beyond reputekale15 has a reputation beyond reputekale15 has a reputation beyond reputekale15 has a reputation beyond reputekale15 has a reputation beyond reputekale15 has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Kale15

to be honest I'm a little jealous, I can't remember the last time if ever there was an event on jTO that gave myshop points to the community. In fact they seem to be going the opposite way by embracing those in-game boxes that need a myshop key to open.

03-18-2012   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster Online

Azumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant future
IGN: Nerdy
Class: All Nerdy Classes to_boxer
Level: All Nerdy lvs
Guild: Nerd(Pure)flux

To me, it doesn't matter THAT much what kind of prizes we get.

But to be honest, I thought I was looking forward to this years Pop event, but a little bit less when I saw the prizes.

It is true that the prizes are less good if you compare with past events. I guess many of us have been comparing. So that is why.

Sure some claim that we - screwed up - the first 2 Pop events by - abusing - it.
One may or may not agree. And I guess it is a valid reason to reduce the prizes after what happened depending on how you look at it.

(But IMO, it was their own fault for not organizing the event in a better way, such as all characters need to drill 1000 boxes to get the prizes and/or raise the qualification level - I'm sure it would have reduced the number of abusers. I wouldn't mind working extra hard if the prizes are motivating.)

So compared with the first 2 pop events we have had, prizes in this one isn't that good. Even comparing with the past, I think we still got better prizes. (more drills at least, I don't remember it all) Plus we need now 400 of each, it wasn't the case last Pop event was it?

We simply need to put in more effort while getting less and less - if one wants to compare with past pop events.

So, again...
Many of us have been comparing, it is a normal thing to do. Therefore, people complain when they notice the differences.

03-18-2012   #9 (permalink)
Of Course i blive in god!
Games
Trickster OnlinePangyaLa TaleOurWorld
Awards Facebook Fan

Ladynoosy has a reputation beyond reputeLadynoosy has a reputation beyond reputeLadynoosy has a reputation beyond reputeLadynoosy has a reputation beyond reputeLadynoosy has a reputation beyond reputeLadynoosy has a reputation beyond reputeLadynoosy has a reputation beyond reputeLadynoosy has a reputation beyond reputeLadynoosy has a reputation beyond reputeLadynoosy has a reputation beyond reputeLadynoosy has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: noosy 。✪
Class: Meow to_cat
Level: to much chara but i love them <3 8 kitties~2 lion~2sheepy~1bun bun ~
Guild: Master SoulCalibur<3
Xfire: nooosy

for me the Prize its Great what ever what they give !!

i love poppuri event<33 .. not care about win.. its about tm and the Exp so Awesome.. i love to see people Digging Around and help each other to make party!!!!

the boxes take to much Wt.. beside why 400box?

always 200.at least.. the last event was 150box only

i think this event its great !

Sprite By~Rydia
~im playing only At Fantasia

03-18-2012   #10 (permalink)
C.I.A. Rad Bromance
Games
Trickster OnlineAuditionGrand ChasePangya
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardWandering Eye

Torikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Torikakae Send a message via Yahoo to Torikakae Send a message via Skype™ to Torikakae
IGN: Torikakae
Class: Buffalo to_buffalo
Level: 400
Guild: Mirage Coordinator

You'll hear the most complaints from older players, because they compare this event to the previously abused events. A lot of them were spoiled by those events, that's why anything different from that (25k MS, less boxes to hunt/drill even if it was before the Driller Pets were released) is inferior to them regardless.

They also feel entitled to receive more because "Hunting and Drilling is so much work". They don't want to hunt and drill but they want free MS stuff.

Then there are the super spenders, who buy and use a lot of MS stuff already, so these "meager prizes" are not even worth it. "These are the prizes?! I spend more than these in 3 days! Pathetic!".

Then you just have the people who loves to complain about everything. But I'd like to think that these people are in the far end of the minority.

~Thank you Shnao for the siggie~

03-18-2012   #11 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

MarkM is a splendid one to beholdMarkM is a splendid one to beholdMarkM is a splendid one to beholdMarkM is a splendid one to beholdMarkM is a splendid one to beholdMarkM is a splendid one to beholdMarkM is a splendid one to beholdMarkM is a splendid one to behold
IGN: MarkMM616,RussellTovey616
Class: Hybrd/Pure to_mercenary
Level: MarkMM616:340 RussellTovey616:335
Guild: ~CRiSiS^

I only complain because last couple of years they have the same prizes out for only 150 boxes but now they require 400 and they didnt even add anything else to it, If they were to make more useful prizes then I would do it gladly but I have no use for any of the ms prizes and 3k doesnt get much at all.

They should of added or change the prizes for the individual ones if they are changing how much boxes you need, to me its not worth the hunt/drill effort so im not particapating at all (4 drill boxes and 100 kill, dont plan on getting any more).

03-18-2012   #12 (permalink)
C.I.A. Rad Bromance
Games

Torikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Torikakae Send a message via Yahoo to Torikakae Send a message via Skype™ to Torikakae

^ The equips are of different level brackets for one. Then of course, there's that Poppuri Cape which could be sold for a high price, and Hair Dyes through Poppuri Exchange.

03-18-2012   #13 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

HokutoShinken is on a distinguished road
IGN: SeitoGekken
Class: Dragon~ to_wizard
Level: Bleh~ lved up.... 23x
Guild: ~Instinct~

Quote:

I rest my case.
In the economy, nothing is ever "free"
There ain't no such thing as a free lunch - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The events are ment to entice you and make you want to spend more, in my pesimistic view, I believe that the publishers (the people who buy the lisence to make the game availible in a certain region/language/etc.) give prizes that make you want more MS and once you get a taste of it, you'll buy more. They don't give you "free" stuff to be nice. But thats just my pesimistic two cents...

03-18-2012   #14 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

Kaay has a spectacular aura aboutKaay has a spectacular aura about

Comparing to before.. we had MORE people.. so for reach 4 million hunt and drill was "needed" only 150 each..
Now we have less players and such for this 400 boxes..

I think is fair,everyone that is doing a normal quest for lv a char or do everyday CT/Fiesta and drill some for something can get 400 each is not hard took me less then 30 min for take both o.o

Anyway,Prizes are amazing.. I just think they could give better pets/equips for the prizes.. it give a chanced for new people on game to grind better and such but well I love pop event.. ><

03-18-2012   #15 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

SiegRiffein has a spectacular aura aboutSiegRiffein has a spectacular aura about
IGN: SiegRiffein
Class: Gambler
Level: 2xx

I like the Poppori events, and hope they will continue to happen I also like how every player (funded or not) can get a few useful MS items, like gacha coins and such. I wasn't here to enjoy the 25k points event but I don't expect them to give out that much again, it'd be their loss, get over it. What could be improved IMO, to put something new and different in each poppuri event. To make it less predictable and more surprising (secret stages were nice) for example, I find boring as hell to open hundreds of poppuri boxes each time only to find the same old things. Insert a few surprise prizes in them or something D:

03-18-2012   #16 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

MarkM is a splendid one to beholdMarkM is a splendid one to beholdMarkM is a splendid one to beholdMarkM is a splendid one to beholdMarkM is a splendid one to beholdMarkM is a splendid one to beholdMarkM is a splendid one to beholdMarkM is a splendid one to behold
IGN: MarkMM616,RussellTovey616
Class: Hybrd/Pure to_mercenary
Level: MarkMM616:340 RussellTovey616:335

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torikakae
^ The equips are of different level brackets for one. Then of course, there's that Poppuri Cape which could be sold for a high price, and Hair Dyes through Poppuri Exchange.
Wow a change of hair colour! That will help me get passed the higher lvs of chaos tower! Pop capes are selling less than 20m in mega's on (j) and most ppl have better capes, the even weapons are always useless when i have ms and alti, even shop and strong weapons beat event equips and chances are they will either have a crap acc or it will be timed like last time.

Gacha coins and the 3k points, elixers and r powders are the only practical thing to actually you in the game rest are pretty crap.

To me its not the value of the ms stuff but the usefulness of it so something like a lol character box or 6k to get a ms weapon.

03-18-2012   #17 (permalink)
C.I.A. Rad Bromance
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkM
Wow a change of hair colour! That will help me get passed the higher lvs of chaos tower! Pop capes are selling less than 20m in mega's on (j) and most ppl have better capes, the even weapons are always useless when i have ms and alti, even shop and strong weapons beat event equips and chances are they will either have a crap acc or it will be timed like last time.

Gacha coins and the 3k points, elixers and r powders are the only practical thing to actually you in the game rest are pretty crap.

To me its not the value of the ms stuff but the usefulness of it so something like a lol character box or 6k to get a ms weapon.
Just saying that there are differences and the prizes aren't as worthless as you might say it is. But as a response:

Of course! Gathering boxes for less than an hour should definitely yield a godly equipment to beat CT. And also, anything and everything with a price of less than 20m ea must be useless to everyone, what was I thinking! It's not like everyone doesn't have a stronger expensive MS cape in their inventory that they spent on beforehand. And of course everyone has a high-leveled character who hunts Altiverse boxes from them, or obscene amounts of galders and MS points, so any MS items that they're giving out must be completely useless, as well as limitless amounts of Fusion Flames and Repair Powders. And yes, I agree that the weapons are 100% crap because no one looks at weapons/equipments for their aesthetic/cuteness value and it's always sold for the stats.

03-18-2012   #18 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlineBright ShadowDivina OnlinePhantom Brave Online

Recette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Lesliesun
Class: Merchant to_soulmaster
Level: 15xx
Guild: Depraved

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkM

A lot of people do not buy MS, you know. The capes and color change for them, or for those who do not want to spend their points in the latter. And capes are useful for fuses.

And as pointed above, having this event and these prizes - which are relatively substantial in my opinion - is better than having nothing in the first place, Game Rage reserves the right to hold no event after all.

Recette - Witch 400 | EmiriTachibana - Diva 400 | SakuraHiiragi - Champion 35x | AnaJessicaAyano - Soul Master 26x | LeslieSun - Witch 26x

Bye Bright Shadow Japan, I will miss you all and my bunch of characters very much ~~

03-18-2012   #19 (permalink)
R
oooo
Games
Trickster OnlineCabal OnlineDivine SoulsElsword
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

R has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to R

The only thing I'm disliking about these Poppuri Events; is that year after year, it's always the same prizes, aside from a new poppuri set (which I don't mind). As much as I like free Artisan's Flames and Elixirs, I think that they could at least be a little more creative with their prizes once in a while.

03-18-2012   #20 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games
Trickster OnlineEden EternalSpiral Knights
Awards Facebook Fan

LeopoldIII is on a distinguished road
IGN: Gallahan
Class: Gladiator
Level: 170

Quote:

I rest my case.
Theres no point in trying to explain or bring this up, their not going to hear it. Basically like yelling at brick wall, you can only scream and yell so much that eventually you reach a point that you realize you are yelling at a wall. Its everything that's wrong with people, they just want more while doing less. I mean you can even ask some of the old timers that cheated the first Pop event and they will all basically say that it was F-ed what happened but then they have the nerve to ***** about the fact that the consequence of abusing the first event is, not that big of a prize as the first.

Besides, there's really no point in bringing it up again because it doesn't matter because there absolutely no way that this community will get 1.8 million in 3 days. Its funny cause the counter is a combination of the total boxes from jewelia AND fantasia, which says alot about the people that play this game.