ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Trickster Online General Chat (http://ggftw.com/forum/trickster-online-general-chat/)
-   -   Why is everyone complainging about the Pop event prizes? (http://ggftw.com/forum/trickster-online-general-chat/109615-why-everyone-complainging-about-pop-event-prizes.html)

Gerik 03-18-2012 12:52 AM

Why is everyone complaining about the Pop event prizes?

Why must everyone complain about the prizes?
And by everyone, I mean the general population of ggFTW tricksters. :I

The prize is 3k, 5 gacha coins, a master's authority, and a few other things.
that's already 13k myshop. If you ask me, that's more than enough to get my butt up and collect a mere 800 boxes. The prizes aren't crap, that is free money. FREE. Why not spend a few hours collecting items for the free stuff?

I find it a bit odd that people sometimes spend a few hours doing quests for events.. when the only output are event items which generally suck. Sure some are pretty, and so is myshop fashion.

The prizes do not suck. I don't care if we received xx myshop a few years ago. Regardless, free stuff is free. And this will is an event with a higher output.

A few weeks ago someone was stating how the community was 'lazy'. I can now see the light. I see how a lot of you guys sure are lazy, and greedy. We get handed an opportunity that only shows itself every half-year, and most people don't see it worthy of their time.

GMs, give us more money! This free service you provide us, and the amount of free money you're giving us isn't enough! I won't do the event unless you give me 25k myshop!!!

I rest my case.

Zero 03-18-2012 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gerik (Post 1693403)

that's already 13k myshop. If you ask me, that's more than enough to get my butt up and collect a mere 800 boxes. The prizes aren't crap, that is free money. FREE. Why not spend a few hours collecting items for the free stuff?

I find it a bit odd that people sometimes spend a few hours doing quests for events.. when the only output are event items which generally suck. Sure some are pretty, and so is myshop fashion.

The prizes do not suck. I don't care if we received xx myshop a few years ago. Regardless, free stuff is free. And this will is an event with a higher output.

A few weeks ago someone was stating how the community was 'lazy'. I can now see the light. I see how a lot of you guys sure are lazy, and greedy. We get handed an opportunity that only shows itself every half-year, and most people don't see it worthy of their time.

GMs, give us more money! This free service you provide us, and the amount of free money you're giving us isn't enough! I won't do the event unless you give me 25k myshop!!!

I rest my case.

ITT: We complain about complaining.

Jessica 03-18-2012 12:58 AM

I don't know why either...I've always like the pop events, it brings the community to work together for something for everyone.

kite384 03-18-2012 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Settie (Post 1693405)
I don't know why either...I've always like the pop events, it brings the community to work together for something for everyone.

that :3

Kirks 03-18-2012 01:30 AM

ITT we revive about a 3-4 year old issue that never got resolved

GamblerLycan 03-18-2012 01:36 AM

Why do people complain? Because nothing is ever good enough. People are selfish, amoral, and greedy. As soon as they have something they want more. Then they complain why the game isn't fun anymore.

kale15 03-18-2012 01:40 AM

to be honest I'm a little jealous, I can't remember the last time if ever there was an event on jTO that gave myshop points to the community. In fact they seem to be going the opposite way by embracing those in-game boxes that need a myshop key to open.

Azumarill 03-18-2012 01:58 AM

To me, it doesn't matter THAT much what kind of prizes we get.

But to be honest, I thought I was looking forward to this years Pop event, but a little bit less when I saw the prizes.

It is true that the prizes are less good if you compare with past events. I guess many of us have been comparing. So that is why.

Sure some claim that we - screwed up - the first 2 Pop events by - abusing - it.
One may or may not agree. And I guess it is a valid reason to reduce the prizes after what happened depending on how you look at it.

(But IMO, it was their own fault for not organizing the event in a better way, such as all characters need to drill 1000 boxes to get the prizes and/or raise the qualification level - I'm sure it would have reduced the number of abusers. I wouldn't mind working extra hard if the prizes are motivating.)

So compared with the first 2 pop events we have had, prizes in this one isn't that good. Even comparing with the past, I think we still got better prizes. (more drills at least, I don't remember it all) Plus we need now 400 of each, it wasn't the case last Pop event was it?

We simply need to put in more effort while getting less and less - if one wants to compare with past pop events.

So, again...
Many of us have been comparing, it is a normal thing to do. Therefore, people complain when they notice the differences.

Ladynoosy 03-18-2012 03:56 AM

for me the Prize its Great what ever what they give !!

i love poppuri event<33 .. not care about win.. its about tm and the Exp so Awesome.. i love to see people Digging Around and help each other to make party!!!!

the boxes take to much Wt.. beside why 400box?

always 200.at least.. the last event was 150box only

i think this event its great !

Torikakae 03-18-2012 05:06 AM

You'll hear the most complaints from older players, because they compare this event to the previously abused events. A lot of them were spoiled by those events, that's why anything different from that (25k MS, less boxes to hunt/drill even if it was before the Driller Pets were released) is inferior to them regardless.

They also feel entitled to receive more because "Hunting and Drilling is so much work". They don't want to hunt and drill but they want free MS stuff.

Then there are the super spenders, who buy and use a lot of MS stuff already, so these "meager prizes" are not even worth it. "These are the prizes?! I spend more than these in 3 days! Pathetic!".

Then you just have the people who loves to complain about everything. But I'd like to think that these people are in the far end of the minority.

MarkM 03-18-2012 06:13 AM

I only complain because last couple of years they have the same prizes out for only 150 boxes but now they require 400 and they didnt even add anything else to it, If they were to make more useful prizes then I would do it gladly but I have no use for any of the ms prizes and 3k doesnt get much at all.

They should of added or change the prizes for the individual ones if they are changing how much boxes you need, to me its not worth the hunt/drill effort so im not particapating at all (4 drill boxes and 100 kill, dont plan on getting any more).

Torikakae 03-18-2012 06:18 AM

^ The equips are of different level brackets for one. Then of course, there's that Poppuri Cape which could be sold for a high price, and Hair Dyes through Poppuri Exchange.

HokutoShinken 03-18-2012 09:56 AM

Quote:

I rest my case.

In the economy, nothing is ever "free"
There ain't no such thing as a free lunch - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The events are ment to entice you and make you want to spend more, in my pesimistic view, I believe that the publishers (the people who buy the lisence to make the game availible in a certain region/language/etc.) give prizes that make you want more MS and once you get a taste of it, you'll buy more. They don't give you "free" stuff to be nice. But thats just my pesimistic two cents...

Kaay 03-18-2012 10:42 AM

Comparing to before.. we had MORE people.. so for reach 4 million hunt and drill was "needed" only 150 each..
Now we have less players and such for this 400 boxes..

I think is fair,everyone that is doing a normal quest for lv a char or do everyday CT/Fiesta and drill some for something can get 400 each is not hard took me less then 30 min for take both o.o

Anyway,Prizes are amazing.. I just think they could give better pets/equips for the prizes.. it give a chanced for new people on game to grind better and such but well I love pop event.. ><

SiegRiffein 03-18-2012 10:48 AM

I like the Poppori events, and hope they will continue to happen :) I also like how every player (funded or not) can get a few useful MS items, like gacha coins and such. I wasn't here to enjoy the 25k points event but I don't expect them to give out that much again, it'd be their loss, get over it. What could be improved IMO, to put something new and different in each poppuri event. To make it less predictable and more surprising (secret stages were nice) for example, I find boring as hell to open hundreds of poppuri boxes each time only to find the same old things. Insert a few surprise prizes in them or something D:

MarkM 03-18-2012 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torikakae (Post 1693476)
^ The equips are of different level brackets for one. Then of course, there's that Poppuri Cape which could be sold for a high price, and Hair Dyes through Poppuri Exchange.

Wow a change of hair colour! That will help me get passed the higher lvs of chaos tower! Pop capes are selling less than 20m in mega's on (j) and most ppl have better capes, the even weapons are always useless when i have ms and alti, even shop and strong weapons beat event equips and chances are they will either have a crap acc or it will be timed like last time.

Gacha coins and the 3k points, elixers and r powders are the only practical thing to actually you in the game rest are pretty crap.

To me its not the value of the ms stuff but the usefulness of it so something like a lol character box or 6k to get a ms weapon.

Torikakae 03-18-2012 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkM (Post 1693574)
Wow a change of hair colour! That will help me get passed the higher lvs of chaos tower! Pop capes are selling less than 20m in mega's on (j) and most ppl have better capes, the even weapons are always useless when i have ms and alti, even shop and strong weapons beat event equips and chances are they will either have a crap acc or it will be timed like last time.

Gacha coins and the 3k points, elixers and r powders are the only practical thing to actually you in the game rest are pretty crap.

To me its not the value of the ms stuff but the usefulness of it so something like a lol character box or 6k to get a ms weapon.

Just saying that there are differences and the prizes aren't as worthless as you might say it is. But as a response:

Of course! Gathering boxes for less than an hour should definitely yield a godly equipment to beat CT. And also, anything and everything with a price of less than 20m ea must be useless to everyone, what was I thinking! It's not like everyone doesn't have a stronger expensive MS cape in their inventory that they spent on beforehand. And of course everyone has a high-leveled character who hunts Altiverse boxes from them, or obscene amounts of galders and MS points, so any MS items that they're giving out must be completely useless, as well as limitless amounts of Fusion Flames and Repair Powders. And yes, I agree that the weapons are 100% crap because no one looks at weapons/equipments for their aesthetic/cuteness value and it's always sold for the stats.

Recette 03-18-2012 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkM (Post 1693574)

A lot of people do not buy MS, you know. The capes and color change for them, or for those who do not want to spend their points in the latter. And capes are useful for fuses.

And as pointed above, having this event and these prizes - which are relatively substantial in my opinion - is better than having nothing in the first place, Game Rage reserves the right to hold no event after all.

R 03-18-2012 02:41 PM

The only thing I'm disliking about these Poppuri Events; is that year after year, it's always the same prizes, aside from a new poppuri set (which I don't mind). As much as I like free Artisan's Flames and Elixirs, I think that they could at least be a little more creative with their prizes once in a while.

LeopoldIII 03-18-2012 04:46 PM

Quote:

I rest my case.

Theres no point in trying to explain or bring this up, their not going to hear it. Basically like yelling at brick wall, you can only scream and yell so much that eventually you reach a point that you realize you are yelling at a wall. Its everything that's wrong with people, they just want more while doing less. I mean you can even ask some of the old timers that cheated the first Pop event and they will all basically say that it was F-ed what happened but then they have the nerve to ***** about the fact that the consequence of abusing the first event is, not that big of a prize as the first.

Besides, there's really no point in bringing it up again because it doesn't matter because there absolutely no way that this community will get 1.8 million in 3 days. Its funny cause the counter is a combination of the total boxes from jewelia AND fantasia, which says alot about the people that play this game.