ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Trickster Online General Chat (http://ggftw.com/forum/trickster-online-general-chat/)
-   -   New Monster Abilities (http://ggftw.com/forum/trickster-online-general-chat/1028-new-monster-abilities.html)

Guiles 06-21-2008 04:06 AM

New Monster Abilities

The Rose Garden monsters were bumped up in level, yes, but what's more important is the new attacks they've acquired. Post anything you know here.

Beast Vincento now has either more HP/Magic Defense, and has Dodge Master (I don't think he had this before).

Madame Moncher can use Wind Blade and Arrow Rush.

Madame Chiffon moves much slower, but is much stronger.

Madame Fondue now moves extremely fast and can Berserk (8k critical on my sheep @_@).

Captain Norman also occupies the 4th Rose Garden map now, and has the self-destruct technique that Requi has, although no longer restricted to Charm types, it seems. This one ticked me off a bit; it got near me, and random numbers/letters/symbols appeared in its chat bubble. I thought "Lol chat glitch" and then it blew up and I died from 80k-ish damage. Huh.

Are any of the Vamp monsters similarly buffed?

TheRhymenoceros 06-21-2008 04:10 AM

Yeah, the Kerberos now has M Defense failure, and it also has soil attribute, which means they can do a lot more damage.

EDIT: ok its not soil but when they use M Defense failure they do more damage so idk what it is...............

Kusuriuri 06-21-2008 04:15 AM

Just means more fun ;D Havent checked it out myself tho.

Guiles 06-21-2008 04:17 AM

Anything else? Everything is useful, to someone or another.

Also, some things I forgot. Beast Vincento also has Cure and Faint, making being surrounded by them nothing to sneeze at for players around their level.

And Madam Fondue also wields Magic Meltdown.

Kudaranai 06-21-2008 04:23 AM

Ohh, neat. I'll check it out today.

Guiles 06-21-2008 04:41 AM

^ You play Trickster, Kuda? Huh.

Come to my survival brawls in GC more often. 8D

Also, it would be helpful if more people could test these changes before we all mass edit the monster sections on the wiki.

For example, my Magic Type triggered Captain Norman's self-destruct, but do other types? (Requi's only triggers for Charm Types, etc)

Also, what's the name of that skill I've seen Bunnies use ...sort of like Berserk but not really, with a red wave rising up (a buff) and the same noise as Wind Blade? Madame Chiffon uses it now.

TheRhymenoceros 06-21-2008 04:45 AM

Yeah the captain Normans must do it to all types, cause I'm charm type and they've done it to me......................

Bolter 06-21-2008 05:58 AM

Captain Norman only self-destructs only after being hit. He also has Luck Breaker which he also only uses after being hit. I think their self-destruct responds to all types.

Beast Vincento will only use Dodge Master and Faint also only after being hit and if I'm not wrong, each Beast Vincento is only able to faint you once probably due to their great lack in mp maybe cos each one of them has never spammed faint at me before unlike the Swamp Sharks of Swamp Field 2 who will tend to spam faint at you sometimes.

So, if you manage to ohko Captain Norman and Beast Vincento, you should not worry too much about them and I don't think there is really a need to worry much about them I think, just be careful.All the rose garden field mobs have been buffed up except Beast Vincento has dropped by 2 levels(He was 158 before but now hes 156). Oh yeah Dancer Michel has also turned aggro although the mutant form Ballerino Michel is still mild.

Sanichi 06-21-2008 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guiles (Post 12681)

Captain Norman also occupies the 4th Rose Garden map now, and has the self-destruct technique that Requi has, although no longer restricted to Charm types, it seems. This one ticked me off a bit; it got near me, and random numbers/letters/symbols appeared in its chat bubble. I thought "Lol chat glitch" and then it blew up and I died from 80k-ish damage. Huh.

LOL. sorry but its kind of funny

Guiles 06-21-2008 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sanichi (Post 12821)
LOL. sorry but its kind of funny

I meant it to be. 8D

It was funny to me at the time, at least.

EXCEPT I WAS DOING A MONSTER QUEST FGSDGS :inf:

ZeR 06-21-2008 06:17 AM

Lol, i walked to vamp and nothing happened ._.

Bolter 06-21-2008 06:18 AM

Well he also destructed on me while I was doing quest, Twice! and I was so pissed that I massacred them at the same while doing my quest.

Guiles 06-21-2008 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TogSawks (Post 12834)
Lol, i walked to vamp and nothing happened ._.

You have to hit them for things to get interesting. 8D

Tongs 06-21-2008 06:29 AM

one of the mdm can use mama shield now. is it considered old?

Yoruhime 06-21-2008 06:35 AM

*rushes to log into Trickster*

I wanna see! ;o

Guiles 06-21-2008 06:37 AM

I hope you guys aren't all surprised when Captain Norman* blows up in your face and you die. D:

Although, it takes quite a few hits for him to self-destruct, usually. I smacked him around like 5 times before he managed to blow up properly.

Kudaranai 06-21-2008 06:38 AM

Used to play TO before GC.

Senpai 06-21-2008 06:43 AM

@Tongs: If its Moncher, I think she's had that ability for a while now.

Kadmilos 06-21-2008 06:45 AM

So norman has blow up skill eh? Stink!

Guiles 06-21-2008 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kudaranai (Post 12861)
Used to play TO before GC.

Really? I go back to Trickster when I'm tired of being stuck between two-plus Lires in pvp. :(