/gg FTW! Moogler

Corwin is on a distinguished road
IGN: LordCorwin/DonaldMorgan
Class: Gladiator/Shaman to_buffalo
Level: 191/28
Guild: AnimeFuel

Quote:
Originally Posted by xKakashi
-cough- I think thats being really judgmental, and people base their names off Anime characters all the time. That doesn't make them uncreative people or people who cant hold a conversion. Whats the difference from naming your char from someone from an anime and book? Either way you're being unoriginal
The point I was trying to make wasn't that using anime characters to base their names off is unoriginal, but the fact that they can't seem to think beyond a set handful of 3-5 names, and therefore must add a string of numbers at the end as if it's an original thought b/c they are dead set on using Naruto or Vaizard or Goku as an IGN wherever they go. Also I pointed out that maybe I was being unfair or judgmental. I just always felt that some thought should be put into names, and that numbers should only be used when they truly add something to the name or they are required by the game. Examples of my IGN's from the last few mmo's I played.

Antonin
RichardRahl
Justin
Karigan G'Ladrheon(sp?)
Corwin
Soma Raitest
Stragen
Archleone (pets named Ursiel and Anduriel)
Harry Dresden (pets named Molly Carpenter and Charity Carpenter)
Pip
Flinx
Anakha
Sparhawk
Platime

And of course those are just the ones I remember off the top of my head. I also use the same naming methods for my offline games as well. A few of my IGN's I will reuse, but a lot of the time I end up picking new ones to suit each individual character.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
11-15-2009   #102 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

Ginyrashi is on a distinguished road

My names are usually one word random names such as my dragon's, Biochemistry. Other's include things like Tissue or Puppet o-o. It sounds more fancy to me o.o;

Altho more recently my names are more japanese like, such as Kyunzai or Ginyrashi e.e;

11-16-2009   #103 (permalink)
Back for More
Games
Trickster Online

Silvery has much to be proud ofSilvery has much to be proud ofSilvery has much to be proud ofSilvery has much to be proud ofSilvery has much to be proud ofSilvery has much to be proud ofSilvery has much to be proud ofSilvery has much to be proud ofSilvery has much to be proud ofSilvery has much to be proud of
IGN: AngelicSilveR
Class: Angel to_bard
Level: 400
Guild: |+.Sacred-Legion.+|

"Silver" Because my sheep is Silver Dressed! The "xX_____Xx" because the name "Silver" was already taken, this also explain the "2008" she born in the 2008.

11-17-2009   #104 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

puchong is on a distinguished road
IGN: The good game
Class: The good class
Level: The good level
Guild: The good guild

I like names that are noticeable, but not like "0mGxs0ProoxX"
I prefer short names, or funny ones

11-17-2009   #105 (permalink)
Boss.

Poofball is just really nicePoofball is just really nicePoofball is just really nicePoofball is just really nice
Guild: {StalkasRUs}

=o I named my sheep IAmPoofie because I think sheeps are poofie >: and my fox foxxydriller because she was originally gonna be used for drilling? o: I base my character names on... randomness. :3

11-18-2009   #106 (permalink)
Idiocy loves company.
Games
Cloud NineLuna OnlinePangyaShaiya

JessikaLeigh has a brilliant futureJessikaLeigh has a brilliant futureJessikaLeigh has a brilliant futureJessikaLeigh has a brilliant futureJessikaLeigh has a brilliant futureJessikaLeigh has a brilliant futureJessikaLeigh has a brilliant futureJessikaLeigh has a brilliant futureJessikaLeigh has a brilliant futureJessikaLeigh has a brilliant futureJessikaLeigh has a brilliant future
IGN: ReiReix/EllissaMay
Level: 277/150
Guild: A.C.

I Like to just pull random names outta my head, or outta programmes ive seen.

ReiReix was based of Rey Mysterio [cept i did tweek the name abit haha]

Elliiot was Elliot off Scrubs <3

Im not so fond of the whole *Im going to name myself off my ultimate favourite anime*[for example naruto1232313 Dont forget the numbers kiddies!]

It gets very unorginal, but after 3 years, you arnt gonna get many original names anymore

12-18-2009   #107 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Awards Facebook Fan

ScuderiaF has a spectacular aura aboutScuderiaF has a spectacular aura aboutScuderiaF has a spectacular aura about
IGN: Veyruun/MegaUltraChicken
Class: Dark Lord/Wizard to_wizard
Level: 21X/18X

Well, I guess this is age discrimination but this happens all the time on other sites too. Fanfiction.net, Deviantart, Livejournal, etc. Usually the people with those trend imitation names are between the ages of 12-14 years old, or......named themselves when then were 12-14 years old and just haven't bothered to change it. ;;

That's at least something I've noticed that's in common with a lot of people who have that kind of name. Course, there's exceptions but... Eh.

Personally, I'll rage a bit the name I want is taken on MSN /CHILDISH HAHA/ and then choose a different name.
Light/Fire/Electric Wizard - 18X - MegaUltraChicken

deviantart
art blog

s> pets and fuses
b> pets and fuses

12-27-2009   #108 (permalink)
Feeling nostalgic, huh?
Games
Trickster OnlinePangyaAuditionzOMG!
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerFacebook FanPervert Award

Gaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Gaap
IGN: Makina
Class: Multi-Character to_boxer
Level: Pro D
Guild: Magika

Rawr. I would use non-exist anime names for the "lulz" (or at least match the closest class to what the personality a character has...), but to bad "Battler" (for a Lion) is taken in Jewelia. :X I'll play around more later. :V

Also, to clear things up: LisaMaria is a artist name, but "LisaMarie" is taken. So of course I have to tweak it. As you may know, I want to try a non-Japanese name... Lisa is a nice name, right? :<

P.S. ScuderiaF, where did you get the name idea for "MegaUltraChicken"? (And I hope "Fakhir" is something from Princess Tutu... <3)

12-27-2009   #109 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Rawfle will become famous soon enoughRawfle will become famous soon enough
IGN: PermaBan/PermaDrill
Class: Sheepy Q_Q lt_bard
Level: 86
Guild: {StalkasRUs}

Lol, nice thread ._. didn't notice it before

Hm...PermaBan came from what happened to my first lion...
I was in O/X, I went afk and GM appeared (as usual).
Coincidentally, I was sitting on GM Mobius (rmb him?) and he stuck me in o/x area for a few months xD
and I guess my other char's names came after that x]

and Rawfle came from rofl :3
pronounciation of rofl xD
but but...someone in game kinda stole/copied mayb? o.o
His name is "Rawfl" :<

I'm still a nab

Last edited by Rawfle; 12-27-2009 at 05:15 PM.

12-27-2009   #110 (permalink)
tail of fairies ღ
Special
Games
Spiral KnightsTrickster OnlineLa TaleElsword
Awards Event WinnerMs. ggFTW

Janna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimerRabbit
Rawr. I would use non-exist anime names for the "lulz" (or at least match the closest class to what the personality a character has...), but to bad "Battler" (for a Lion) is taken in Jewelia. :X I'll play around more later. :V

Also, to clear things up: LisaMaria is a artist name, but "LisaMarie" is taken. So of course I have to tweak it. As you may know, I want to try a non-Japanese name... Lisa is a nice name, right? :<

P.S. ScuderiaF, where did you get the name idea for "MegaUltraChicken"? (And I hope "Fakhir" is something from Princess Tutu... <3)
She got it from YuGiOh The Abridged Series, which is insanely awesome and hilarious. XD

I hate numbers and un-capitalized names, as well as x's and o's etc. I always need to have nice-looking names with none of that in them, like Shireiya for example. Also, if I want to name myself after a character from something and the name's taken, I won't alter the name a bit because then it's not the actual name of the character anymore so it's pointless (to me at least).

i.e turning Jennifer into Jenniffer or something.

12-27-2009   #111 (permalink)
Feeling nostalgic, huh?
Games
Trickster OnlinePangyaAuditionzOMG!
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerFacebook FanPervert Award

Gaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Gaap
IGN: Makina
Class: Multi-Character to_boxer
Level: Pro D
Guild: Magika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawfle
Lol, nice thread ._. didn't notice it before

Hm...PermaBan came from what happened to my first lion...
I was in O/X, I went afk and GM appeared (as usual).
Coincidentally, I was sitting on GM Mobius (rmb him?) and he stuck me in o/x area for a few months xD
and I guess my other char's names came after that x]
Ah~ That kind of scared me because that name would have been a clever "scammer" name (when first time vending you. ^^; ). X_X But wow GMs... xD

@ Miyuno: I thought for the moment it's inspired from "Bump of Chicken". xD Yea. And calling yourself "Chicken" does not help me but cracking myself at the keyboard! xD (And wanting something like KFC...)

Last edited by Gaap; 12-27-2009 at 05:07 PM.

01-02-2010   #112 (permalink)
Banned
Games
Trickster OnlineProject BlackoutDragon SagaDrift City

okay has a reputation beyond reputeokay has a reputation beyond reputeokay has a reputation beyond reputeokay has a reputation beyond reputeokay has a reputation beyond reputeokay has a reputation beyond reputeokay has a reputation beyond reputeokay has a reputation beyond reputeokay has a reputation beyond reputeokay has a reputation beyond reputeokay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyecks
lol.. i don't get why ppl put stuff like "293840328" as their name.. freaking weird.. kinda said in my mind "what the heezy?" so random.. but there always will be people that do stuff like that.. xD

but yea ive had a few ppl comment on my name.. "EcksMarksTheShot" lol i try to put in more time making my character names.. just so it'll feel more personal or like recognizable if i should make a new character hence "ecks" in all my chars
Lol. look! an impostor. xD
\

Btw, he said he's a fan of yours.

01-12-2010   #113 (permalink)
Music Is Life ~
Games
Dragon NestLeague of Legends

simplyecks has a brilliant futuresimplyecks has a brilliant futuresimplyecks has a brilliant futuresimplyecks has a brilliant futuresimplyecks has a brilliant futuresimplyecks has a brilliant futuresimplyecks has a brilliant futuresimplyecks has a brilliant futuresimplyecks has a brilliant futuresimplyecks has a brilliant futuresimplyecks has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to simplyecks Send a message via MSN to simplyecks
IGN: SimplyEcks
Class: Mercenary
Level: 40
Guild: Ecks T. C. / EcksxRated
Xfire: simplyecks

^ LOL that's pretty funnie,.. a "fan"... as if there was any reason i would have any fans.. epic..

05-17-2010   #114 (permalink)
03.11 <3
Games
Trickster OnlineProject BlackoutMapleStoryDragon Nest

YogurtMochi has much to be proud ofYogurtMochi has much to be proud ofYogurtMochi has much to be proud ofYogurtMochi has much to be proud ofYogurtMochi has much to be proud ofYogurtMochi has much to be proud ofYogurtMochi has much to be proud ofYogurtMochi has much to be proud ofYogurtMochi has much to be proud of
IGN: popBubblie
Level: 30
Guild: Ecks T. C. / EcksxRated

LOL @ babe...so freakin funny...wish i would have admirers like you =O ! btw my ign has "i_____" in it hehe ~ >: )

05-19-2010   #115 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker
Games
World of Warcraft

Nikas is on a distinguished road

taking of the topic, I want to explain xD.
I also like creative names ... but I use the damn "BR"

Why?
3 years ago my English was much worse than nowadays >.<
had not so many Brazilians, and I played alone, was naive and did not know that:
"Brazilian = beggar"...
I made the mistake of creating the char "WattaBR"
nor was to be the main char >.<
and now, Brazilians ask me for money all the time u___u

I try to hide that I am Brazilian, but my char does not allow >.<

PS: accepted English lessons xD

09-28-2010   #116 (permalink)
Playing Finalfantasy XIV
Games
Trickster OnlineRusty Hearts
Awards Facebook Fan

kite384 has a reputation beyond reputekite384 has a reputation beyond reputekite384 has a reputation beyond reputekite384 has a reputation beyond reputekite384 has a reputation beyond reputekite384 has a reputation beyond reputekite384 has a reputation beyond reputekite384 has a reputation beyond reputekite384 has a reputation beyond reputekite384 has a reputation beyond reputekite384 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to kite384
IGN: ShugoKunisaki/kitekite
Class: Edgar/Tude to_buffalo
Level: 43/32
Guild: [[MoonlightC]]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momijii
I accept up to three numbers in my name. After that it's excessive and annoying.
And honestly, sometimes names with numbers are cool, and it's interesting to see those with numbers in their names on their rankings, compared to the usual "Japanese" name, or whatever people these days are interested in naming their characters.

oh yes i agree and when i use numbers its always 384 for some reason xD
and i like the name i gave my bunny HugMeBunny 8D (lvl28) havent played much on her yet xD

Edit: oh yes BR O_O yes sure there are some good nice BR people i know but i got asked few times too
example:trading me first word money pls? o3o

Last edited by kite384; 09-28-2010 at 03:57 PM.

09-28-2010   #117 (permalink)
On the Radio
Special
Games
MapleStoryAudition 2PangyaTrickster Online
Awards Event WinnerSotW Junior

Kebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Kebin Send a message via Skype™ to Kebin
IGN: Kevin
Class: (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ lt_bard
Level: 19
Guild: (◕‿◕✿)

Ooh I remember this thread x)!
Mm my ign's now a days are something I try to be unique with.
Raquanda for example was created as a sort of ghetto diva sorta char o3o~
Stuff like Bonisha and stuff were taken :<

09-28-2010   #118 (permalink)
bitch pls
Special
Games
Asda StoryDragon SagaEmil Chronicle OnlineLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Queen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Queen Send a message via Skype™ to Queen
IGN: Tama Ashenstone
Class: SMN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebin
Ooh I remember this thread x)!
Mm my ign's now a days are something I try to be unique with.
Raquanda for example was created as a sort of ghetto diva sorta char o3o~
Stuff like Bonisha and stuff were taken :<
Lol makes me think of this.
YouTube - Top 60 Ghetto Black Names

I try to make my names unique (except for my poor bunny lol). Elyda was a random name I think that I got from WoW random name generator...

I don't remember how I came up with Kyzuumi, and I think I just like how Ritsku (my lion) sounded. I try to stray away from numbers.

Diablo III North America Glacea#1307
League of Legends Queen Nimera, Level 20
New Leaf/Pokemon XY 4511 - 0825 - 1589

09-29-2010   #119 (permalink)
Addicted to BoA
Games
MapleStoryRagnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineLeague of Legends

DarkAmbience is just really niceDarkAmbience is just really niceDarkAmbience is just really niceDarkAmbience is just really niceDarkAmbience is just really nice

Mine are so uncreative, lol.
Dragon --> Rage2Wrath
Lion --> IIGunsII
Cat --> iS2tacos
Sheep --> 0DarkSymphony0
Raccoon --> S2AceOfHeartsS2
@~@

09-29-2010   #120 (permalink)
tangerine god
Games
Trickster OnlineHeroes of NewerthLeague of Legends

slushies is a jewel in the roughslushies is a jewel in the roughslushies is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to slushies Send a message via MSN to slushies

All my names start with a S.
Except for one...
There's really no reason why they're named that way though! Just words that would kinda suit the cutesy nature of this game haha

I... Forget rEaLiTy, eScApE into your very own wOrLd