Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
08-28-2011   #21 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

BlazingF is a jewel in the roughBlazingF is a jewel in the roughBlazingF is a jewel in the rough
IGN: BlazingF
Class: Scientist
Level: 336

Yeah seriously, Keen Sense and Gun Overdrive needs to have an effect on skills..so pointless to use. Hell, I don't even have gun overdrive

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
08-28-2011   #22 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Tardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazingF
Yeah seriously, Keen Sense and Gun Overdrive needs to have an effect on skills..so pointless to use. Hell, I don't even have gun overdrive
Removed Keen Sense and just put Sharp Sense in it's place. If they both have an affect on skills I would say it's somewhat redundant while being borderline "overpowered."

08-28-2011   #23 (permalink)
Cid
ggFTW Moogler

Cid is a splendid one to beholdCid is a splendid one to beholdCid is a splendid one to beholdCid is a splendid one to beholdCid is a splendid one to beholdCid is a splendid one to beholdCid is a splendid one to behold

I'm just bored and thinking out loud.

Powers
Tetra should be decreased in damage but then the cast time or the 4 hits happen much much faster.

Magic
Shield of Heaven should NOT be based on MA, maybe Light %? Don't make the formula as crazy as it is currently though.

Charm
Skunk pouch needs a major increase to it's cooldown. Chain stunning is just not needed.
Get rid of Full houses stun effect.

Sense
Lions desperately need a % AC buff to even compete in pvp.
I think foxes are pretty well balanced.

Also 100% agree to bullets and throwing items being weightless or making cards have the same weight as bullets.

08-28-2011   #24 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

Tardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cid
Also 100% agree to bullets and throwing items being weightless or making cards have the same weight as bullets.
Empty Cards were originally 1 WT like Bullets and some Hidden Arms, however somewhat recently they switched them to be 0 WT for some reason.

08-28-2011   #25 (permalink)
Just some random hobo
Games
Trickster Online

ShinMegami is a jewel in the roughShinMegami is a jewel in the roughShinMegami is a jewel in the roughShinMegami is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Vistrado
Class: fire/elec/dark wiz to_wizard
Level: 261
Guild: Astro Blitz

just another tweak I thought of off hand for scientists would be removing the fail rate on berserk.

It doesn't come up much, but can be slightly annoying when it happens. The skill is moderately more powerful than spree and costs about three times as much to cast (200 for spree and 560 for berserk) so never really understood the need for the fail rate at mastery.

08-29-2011   #26 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

Added some general stuff that has made me somewhat mad in the past.

08-29-2011   #27 (permalink)
-
Special
Games
FlyFFAngels OnlineKitsu SagaSecret of the Solstice
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerEvents RegularSotW JuniorHarem JuniorDetail DetectiveFinders, KeepersTHE CHAMP

Almora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Almora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momiji
Empty Cards were originally 1 WT like Bullets and some Hidden Arms, however somewhat recently they switched them to be 0 WT for some reason.
If I remember correctly, all monster cards and empty cards were changed to 0 weight after the poppuri event before this one. Since people were complaining about the weight amount from having 30-60k driller boxes and not being able to open them the day after the maintenance.

09-05-2011   #28 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

PringleHeroZ will become famous soon enoughPringleHeroZ will become famous soon enough

More TM points for more skills? Like just getting one for each skill.. Dunno seems annoying if you ask me.

09-05-2011   #29 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by PringleHeroZ
More TM points for more skills? Like just getting one for each skill.. Dunno seems annoying if you ask me.
Are you implying that you'd want some skills to use more than one point to level it up?

09-06-2011   #30 (permalink)
Banned
Games
Trickster OnlineEden EternalPangyaS4 League

YenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: YenSai/BeautyDisaster
Class: Foxeh/Cat to_thiefmaster
Level: 35x/TM 38x
Guild: {7N}

Quote:
Are you implying that you'd want some skills to use more than one point to level it up?
I think he means use only 1 TM point to learn all skills.
Like some require up to 5 TM points just to learn..and it IS annoying >_<
At least I hope that's what he meant?!

09-06-2011   #31 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by YenSai
Well I can understand all 1 and 2 points and most of the 3 points, but yeah, I guess I agree 5 points on one skill is a bit dumby.

09-06-2011   #32 (permalink)
Banned
Games

YenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well I can understand all 1 and 2 points and most of the 3 points, but yeah, I guess I agree 5 points on one skill is a bit dumby.
Even 2 and three.. What's the point in it? Doesn't benefit anyone really >_<
I think it should be 1 to learn, and then the 2~3 points should be only to master the skill.. That makes more sense to me.

09-06-2011   #33 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

LightClaw is a name known to allLightClaw is a name known to allLightClaw is a name known to allLightClaw is a name known to allLightClaw is a name known to allLightClaw is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to LightClaw
IGN: Auruxism/HD/Noelle
Level: 30x/26x/24x

Lions virtually need: enough lk to outlk all mages, enough ac to do enough damage to actually kill things (powers nowadays can get 30-50k hp and charms 50-80k), enough hp to somehow tank the damage they take from magic skills/sense skills/charm skills (power skills are just too OP for a lion to tank) and enough hv to possibly dodge power/charm skills. Way to make a lion work huh?

I would love to see light mages have radiant/light wave/% healing spells be based on light attr, as that attr is basically worthless except on melee weapons. There aren't any light-based skills at all.

Along with that idea, try making more staffs geared for sheeps with elements so some skills can be beefed up with more attr comped onto them. What's the point of making a magic type geared for elements when the attrs mean nothing to them on equipment?

Lastly, boss trials need a touch up. Wasting a lapis and having to wait another hour because I had a "chance" to get to count is silly. The devilish maze for Karan is one giant hole of lag and banishes.

09-06-2011   #34 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightClaw
I would love to see light mages have radiant/light wave/% healing spells be based on light attr, as that attr is basically worthless except on melee weapons. There aren't any light-based skills at all.

Along with that idea, try making more staffs geared for sheeps with elements so some skills can be beefed up with more attr comped onto them. What's the point of making a magic type geared for elements when the attrs mean nothing to them on equipment?
Respectfully declining this idea. It's a great idea, but it only makes the game easier for players who pay to deal lots more damage, and lots harder for players who don't pay to deal only a little more damage.

Quote:
Lastly, boss trials need a touch up. Wasting a lapis and having to wait another hour because I had a "chance" to get to count is silly. The devilish maze for Karan is one giant hole of lag and banishes.
Already covered the Count "issue." And Karan is easy if you have patience or a ranged attack of any sort. Not to mention, Banish scrolls work great.

09-06-2011   #35 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

MidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud of
IGN: MidnightSnack
Class: Cow to_wizard
Level: Fairly nubbles.

Quote:
Pretty sure it is what he meant.

But I'm not sure if eliminating it is a good idea. Most characters probably have ~150 useless TM levels. No need to make it any worse. The only way to augment this is to make a lot more skills. Which is prooobably never going to happen.. [/sigh]

Plus, gaining TM in the long run is easier than gaining base levels. Requiring us to use less TM points will make post game pretty pointless, with all of the interesting skills done with and all.

( `)
" Hay baybay ~ ♥ "
+ rep if I helped!

or at least say thank you.
I like thank yous.

Or don't, you jerk. ( - n-)

09-06-2011   #36 (permalink)
Magnolia Wine
Games
World of WarcraftElswordLeague of Legends

Rhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Rhois Send a message via Skype™ to Rhois

Quote:
Respectfully declining this idea. It's a great idea, but it only makes the game easier for players who pay to deal lots more damage, and lots harder for players who don't pay to deal only a little more damage.
How is this worse? If it was added to in-game staves it'd be alot easier for sheep with in-game items to do more damage, as the compounds for elemental stones are generally quite high. It all depends on what ratio it would be.

Sure, people who paid money would be stronger, but then so would be those who didn't. I think it's quite a good idea. :c

09-06-2011   #37 (permalink)
Banned
Games

Quote:
Lions virtually need: enough lk to outlk all mages, enough ac to do enough damage to actually kill things (powers nowadays can get 30-50k hp and charms 50-80k), enough hp to somehow tank the damage they take from magic skills/sense skills/charm skills (power skills are just too OP for a lion to tank) and enough hv to possibly dodge power/charm skills. Way to make a lion work huh?
Lions have enough lk to outlk all mages, they have the same buffs foxes do..
I'm a fox and I do just fine with HP, it's all about balancing really(speaking about pvp)... I don't understand why people don't bother to try to use lions.

They do need an ac % buff, I agree.(You didn't mention this in your post, but I mean the other posts) But lions have access to get hp, it's not like they can't wear hv/hp equips; The few lions that I remember that did pvp had plenty of hp..
They do use guns though, so they aren't able to get the extra stats people get from wearing shields..Maybe give guns 6 slots? (8 maximum, like shields/weapons can have a max of 4 slots)
Lions really aren't even "bad", they just need to be able to do the following:

1. Shoot through power's guard
2. The HV someone has should not effect the amount of damage a gun does.

If a bunny if going to wear enough AP to one hit a lion(that wears hp of course) with say...Flash cut, then the bunny will lack hp. But any other skill from a decent power in pvp nowadays IS way too strong for a lion to tank.. or even a fox. Which is why lions need some sort of defensive skill ..Nothing like Guard or SoH..
No idea what though.

A lot of people assume lions are horrible for pvp..But really there's only about 3 things that need to be done for them..

Last edited by YenSai; 09-06-2011 at 08:31 PM.

09-06-2011   #38 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

MidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud ofMidnightSnack has much to be proud of

- Fox's accuracy is based on LK.
Rationale: AC does nothing else for a Fox. I see no point in having two LK boosters (or even LK in general) when it serves as nothing aside from a bastardization of DA. And when you do pump LK instead of AC (to take advantage of the two LK boosters), it becomes hard to land a hit. Why?

Looking at this from a mage's point of view... You can hit anything with just enough LK. You can avoid other magic/sense attacks, block frequently, and have good accuracy. Granted, you don't have boosters, but that is because you are a magic type. Not a sense type. MA/MD/MP boosters are at your disposal.

Looking at this from a current foxes point of view... You pump into LK, you can do a bit more damage, block, and you can avoid magic/sense attacks. You can't land a single hit. You pump into AC. You can hit everything, can't block, can't avoid magic/sense attacks. You have no AC% booster. There is no point in the LK boosters. Solution? Split the stat distribution. Now you are a zombified half-hitting (probably still mostly missing), half-usingboosters/dodging/fakeDA mutation. Question mark.

( `)
" Hay baybay ~ ♥ "
+ rep if I helped!

I like thank yous.

Last edited by MidnightSnack; 09-06-2011 at 09:47 PM.

09-06-2011   #39 (permalink)
Banned
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenofEden
- Looking at this from a current foxes point of view... You pump into LK, you can do a bit more damage, block, and you can avoid magic/sense attacks. You can't land a single hit. You pump into AC. You can hit everything, can't block, can't avoid magic/sense attacks. You have no AC% booster. There is no point in the LK boosters. Solution? Split the stat distribution. Now you are a zombified half-hitting (probably still mostly missing), half-usingboosters/dodging/fakeDA mutation. Question mark.
That is where balance comes in.. It's not impossible to balance all of those stats, you know..I'd be happy to show you my fox's equip/stats in game anytime..

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenofEden
- Fox's accuracy is based on LK.
Rationale: AC does nothing else for a Fox. I see no point in having two LK boosters (or even LK in general) when it serves as nothing aside from a bastardization of DA. And when you do pump LK instead of AC (to take advantage of the two LK boosters), it becomes hard to land a hit. Why?
Foxes have 2 LK boosters because LK is essential for surviving a mage. If you don't outlk them enough to where they miss using arrow rush, you're a sitting duck..
There are "lucky hits" in PvP, which balances it out. You can get a lucky hit on someone with 1,000 more HV than your AC, simply because it'd be extremely overpowered if it was impossible to hit someone who had more HV than your AC.

I don't understand where the "fox's accuracy is based on lk" came from though... Accuracy is how foxes land hits..
I must be missing something from your post >_< not making sense to me

Last edited by YenSai; 09-06-2011 at 10:05 PM.

09-06-2011   #40 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Quote:
That is where balance comes in.. It's not impossible to balance all of those stats, you know..I'd be happy to show you my fox's equip/stats in game anytime..

Foxes have 2 LK boosters because LK is essential for surviving a mage. If you don't outlk them enough to where they miss using arrow rush, you're a sitting duck..
There are "lucky hits" in PvP, which balances it out. You can get a lucky hit on someone with 1,000 more HV than your AC, simply because it'd be extremely overpowered if it was impossible to hit someone who had more HV than your AC.

I don't understand where the "fox's accuracy is based on lk" came from though... Accuracy is how foxes land hits..
I must be missing something from your post >_< not making sense to me
Um, I'll start by saying that "- Fox's accuracy is based on LK." is the change I would make.

I know it's not impossible (or very difficult) to balance stats. It's just harder to get the fullest potential when you need to balance so many stats-- especially when compared to other classes. All of the types essentially need 3 stats, (HP, damage dealing stat, accuracy stat), but it doesn't make sense for a fox to have 2 boosters for a stat that does a crappy job at damage dealing, but is the basis for their best debuffs. But requires DA, AC, AND HP as well.

What I'm saying is that the fox's stats have too many mixed responsibilities, and in terms, lowers their efficiency. It's unfair when other classes have such straight forward builds.

I don't think the purpose of the fox's LK boosters are to simply survive the magic class...

i.e. The stat distribution/roles for characters. It's obvious as to what characters I'm referring to.
HP is assumed for all characters.

DA = main damage dealer. best fox skills are exclusive to it. secondary fox debuff. 1x booster.
LK = secondary damage dealer. main fox debuffer. Block defense. 2x booster.
AC = accuracy. 0x booster (why?)
AP = main damage dealer. sole debuffer. 1/2x booster
AC = accuracy. 1/2x booster

(I'll leave HP/AP charm builds out of this. I don't think they're unbalanced because by trading possible HV for HP is balanced in itself. HP is HP. As for AP builds, it's compensated by damage formulas and accessibility.)

It's in the sense where dark mages are underpowered compared to light mages. A light mage's HP is based on its MA. It doesn't have the burden of having to redirect much needed comps into HP, but can focus on MA/LK, thereby making it significantly stronger.

Foxes have this retarded mess of a stat layout, so I believe they're inherently weaker than other classes. (Unless they were compensated in some way in damage formulas, which I doubt.) They may have done this because the fox's role was supposed to be mature compounding (so they didn't have an over-powered dual function) but since LK was pretty much raepd in mature compounding formulas, I believe that the fox's general build/concept should be reworked as well.

(Also, we can ignore item compounding advantages as well because the DA requirement for full efficiency is laughable. Any class can slap on 2-3 pieces of DA gear and do the job just as well as a DA fox.)

( `)
" Hay baybay ~ ♥ "
+ rep if I helped!

I like thank yous.

Last edited by MidnightSnack; 09-06-2011 at 11:06 PM.