ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Trickster Online > Trickster Online Announcements

League of Legends
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

League of Legends

Rating:  

LinkBack (3) Thread Tools Display Modes
02-07-2013   #361 (permalink)
Mis
ggFTW Fan
Games
Trickster Online

Mis has a spectacular aura aboutMis has a spectacular aura about
IGN: Misbaby
Class: Duelist to_schoolgirl
Level: 2xx
Guild: K.O.P/Guardians/=^.^=

I recieved PMs, and another thing is I dont recommend this P server......coz it is not in English and only has one GM. I mean if you ever bother to play in another language why not the left official servers? But one thing is good, there is no IP block haha

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
02-08-2013   #362 (permalink)
⊙__⊙
Games
Perfect WorldEther Saga OdysseyLa TaleLegend of Edda

Esperetta is a splendid one to beholdEsperetta is a splendid one to beholdEsperetta is a splendid one to beholdEsperetta is a splendid one to beholdEsperetta is a splendid one to beholdEsperetta is a splendid one to beholdEsperetta is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Esperetta Send a message via Yahoo to Esperetta Send a message via Skype™ to Esperetta
IGN: Esperetta
Class: Everything to_champion
Level: 0-24x
Guild: Space Cowboys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendyfav3
OutSpark is shutting down...
so far it what ? ijji to Airea games ? beanfun ? Trickster Online and now Outspark....

something is going on and I don't know why =/...
The US economy not to mention the state of the global economy? lol...

I'm guessing people have less and less disposable income to spend on games.

Although that might not have been the reason here.

02-09-2013   #363 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

SteelFlex will become famous soon enoughSteelFlex will become famous soon enough
IGN: SteelFlex333
Class: Swag to_wizard
Level: Infinity
Guild: Nerf Koreans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendyfav3
OutSpark is shutting down...
so far it what ? ijji to Airea games ? beanfun ? Trickster Online and now Outspark....

something is going on and I don't know why =/...
It's all one big government conspiracy

02-10-2013   #364 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games
TibiaTrickster Online

Credo has a spectacular aura aboutCredo has a spectacular aura aboutCredo has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Credo Send a message via Skype™ to Credo
IGN: Credo(R.I.P.)

If there are many people willing to play TO without all the problems that we had on the normal server, we should make some kind of operation - get those files for setting up our server if all our hopes on another company take over TO ends...

If we find a way to cooperate with those dudes that are in chage of that chinese server by sharing those files (they obviously have no interest for us playing in theirs, in the other side of the planet - with lag and language problems) we could have a chance. Despite not being addicted on playing MMOs, I am willing to help on setting up that server, be on donating a bit, or programming...

02-10-2013   #365 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
MapleStoryPangyaTrickster OnlineEden Eternal

MrPinky has a brilliant futureMrPinky has a brilliant futureMrPinky has a brilliant futureMrPinky has a brilliant futureMrPinky has a brilliant futureMrPinky has a brilliant futureMrPinky has a brilliant futureMrPinky has a brilliant futureMrPinky has a brilliant futureMrPinky has a brilliant futureMrPinky has a brilliant future
IGN: Phanphyz
Class: Fat Head lt_bard
Level: 1
Guild: {StalkasRUs}

Wow...closing down finally...
I'm not sure if anyone here will remember me, I played a year or two ago before I got hacked and then banned.
It's weird coming back and seeing this game go, it was a part of me a while ago but I still feel connected to it somehow.
I started played when I was in a bad place, but I met some amazing people and I think that the people I met really changed me to become the person I am today.
I'm not going to miss this game, but I will miss the memories I had. This game may have been a bit dysfunctional, but we were all a community.
Goodbye forever, Trickster Online.
From, Pinky
99hpleft, XMagicLoveX

02-11-2013   #366 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special
Games
AuditionMapleStoryTrickster OnlineDofus
Awards Facebook Fan

Mazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond repute

I'm still finding it weird to come to terms with this. I didn't really play TO for about 3 months or so anyway, so I pretty much stopped being active, but it's strange. I've met a lot of people through this game and I have one person in particular who I met on here who has become like a sister to me and has been for 6 years. TO has given me a lot of fantastic memories and introduced me to a lot of interesting people that I will never forget. It's really sad to see the game go. Part of me isn't really all that bothered about it going... but while I was at work last night I just had a random mental image of a sleeping sheep and it then felt weird to think I won't see that again... unless the game gets picked up by another company in the future.

It's sad to see the game go but at the same time I'm not that bothered. All good things come to and end eventually. It's just sad that we had so many updates to look forward to. The day this thread was made with the announcement, I actually went to the kTO website to check out the updates on the new polar bear character, saw her animations and was so excited for it to come to eTO... and then I saw this thread. Kind of sad... :c

Well, goodbye TO. You will be missed I guess.

RIP Mazuiko, CuppaT, Pabu, Shinsoo, Vesbazz, FiM, Vimto and my other characters that I can't remember the names of and am too lazy to log on and check... D;

02-11-2013   #367 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

j0eL is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to j0eL

I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did. Farewell tricksters!

Inactive.

02-12-2013   #368 (permalink)
03.11 <3
Games
Trickster OnlineProject BlackoutMapleStoryDragon Nest

YogurtMochi has much to be proud ofYogurtMochi has much to be proud ofYogurtMochi has much to be proud ofYogurtMochi has much to be proud ofYogurtMochi has much to be proud ofYogurtMochi has much to be proud ofYogurtMochi has much to be proud ofYogurtMochi has much to be proud ofYogurtMochi has much to be proud of
IGN: popBubblie
Level: 30
Guild: Ecks T. C. / EcksxRated

toodles.
I'll always love my Ecks Guildies and be grateful for the friends i've met on TO.

02-13-2013   #369 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

darkpetal is a jewel in the roughdarkpetal is a jewel in the roughdarkpetal is a jewel in the roughdarkpetal is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Deepee / Finiel
Class: Coonie / Kitteh to_cat
Level: 26x / 24x
Guild: MoonlightC / Guildless

goodbye tricksters..

Deepee / Finiel

02-13-2013   #370 (permalink)
♚ Fairytale Princess
Games
Trickster OnlinePangyaRusty Hearts

Sakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Kanani
Class: Wi/Wa Soul Master to_soulmaster
Guild: Astro Blitz

Well, if anyone's been following the Astro boards, then yeah. I've pretty much come to terms and find this as a fitting end.

RIP Kanani, I3reakd0wn, Chartoinette, Revolyutsiya/Shiichan, Jacquelynne, Shihong, HighwayUnicorn, HeavensQueen, Yuanxun, Redefine, Yukata, HideYourHeart, Siyuan, Nexusbeta, Konani, ChangingSkies, Walking0nAir, NoLeafClover, NovemberI2ain and UnholyGrail
And of course, the Nymphs on Jewelia~

Thar be a lot of you and some of you didn't get as much playtime as I'd like, but alas! I had plans and goals I wanted to accomplish and I can only say this, I did my best and I have no regrets. <3

Hope everyone takes care and stays awesome~

02-13-2013   #371 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games
Trickster Online

Daze will become famous soon enoughDaze will become famous soon enough
IGN: MimosaZenia/DiagonAllie
Class: Fox/Sheep/more... to_sheep
Level: 400/400
Guild: Benevolence

Since I finally completed my last TO goal, it's time for me to post here.

I have been playing since Dec 2006, with a few breaks. I enjoyed my time in the game and have no regrets, but I will miss it. To everyone I met, and all those who became good friends, I want to say thank you for making TO a place of great memories. I also wanted to thank everyone who posted on this forum and worked on the Wiki and the game itself.

To everyone - I hope the future brings good things and happiness your way.
  • MimosaZenia (AKA ZeFox) Level 400
  • DiagonAllie Level 400
  • Avaranah Level 326
  • LightWrath Level 275
  • BackAllieCat Level 250
  • And a few vendors, mules and drillers

02-13-2013   #372 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Prince is on a distinguished road
IGN: Astos,Mentus,Norbito
Class: Priest,Dark Lord, Wizz to_dragon
Level: 150,6x,13x
Guild: Astro Blitz~!

Well, it was an honor playing the game with the lot of you, every moment i got!
Started Trickster ever since REVO, and still remember the horrible lag time I had back then. Never got to accomplish my goals, but still enjoyed getting over those mini hurdles along the way. Loved playing with my fellow Astronites, made the game more enjoyable and less lonely, and loved you guys for sticking up with Trickster through the years. TO had many flaws and setbacks, but we kept coming at it again and again and again. You just can't forget that first MMO. Right now going through University and stuff, but someday I might just pick up on coding TO or making a smaller version for the heck of it. So do keep an eye out there. I'll keep playing until the very last day, for all these few days left, try and get as many screenies as possible, then I have to move on. Games like TO will come and go but our memories of it will be everlasting.

R.I.P. Astos, Mentus & Norbito , I had lots of fun.

*bows*

02-15-2013   #373 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlinePhantasy Star UniverseLuna OnlineBattlestar Galactica Online

Cait is a glorious beacon of lightCait is a glorious beacon of lightCait is a glorious beacon of lightCait is a glorious beacon of lightCait is a glorious beacon of lightCait is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to Cait
IGN: Caiterz
Class: bunny to_champion
Level: 100(rTO) 271(eTO)
Guild: None (rTO) «Firefly»«Serenity» (eTO)
Xfire: Caiternoodle

I dunno what to even say v_v

<3, Caiterz

02-16-2013   #374 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker
Games
AuditionTrickster OnlineS4 League

KrazyKaatt is on a distinguished road

Such a shame to see it go. All that time and effort put into our characters... and all the friends we made. :/ Wish at least a different company would buy the game or something.

02-17-2013   #375 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special
Games
AuditionMapleStoryTrickster OnlineDofus
Awards Facebook Fan

Mazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazyKaatt
Such a shame to see it go. All that time and effort put into our characters... and all the friends we made. :/ Wish at least a different company would buy the game or something.
As much as I'd love for the game to be picked up by another company, I don't think it would. If it was, considering all the crap tonne of money that we all know a lot of people, including myself, have spent on this game, it would be a kick in the teeth for them to expect us to start out fresh and lose all of our things we worked hard on. Of course yes, we don't HAVE to play the game again if it were to be picked up, but if we wanted to, we wouldn't have anything unless all of our characters were backed up or saved. Yet, with that whole "GM_Goldita" thing and people getting all sorts of things, that is ridiculously unlikely.

I guess at the end of the day, no matter how much we all loved this game, it really is time for it to go. I don't think petitions or anything will save this game at all now.

02-17-2013   #376 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlineProject Blackout

Valese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Valese
Class: Charm to_primadonna
Level: 340
Guild: {7N}

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazuiko
As much as I'd love for the game to be picked up by another company, I don't think it would. If it was, considering all the crap tonne of money that we all know a lot of people, including myself, have spent on this game, it would be a kick in the teeth for them to expect us to start out fresh and lose all of our things we worked hard on. Of course yes, we don't HAVE to play the game again if it were to be picked up, but if we wanted to, we wouldn't have anything unless all of our characters were backed up or saved. Yet, with that whole "GM_Goldita" thing and people getting all sorts of things, that is ridiculously unlikely.

I guess at the end of the day, no matter how much we all loved this game, it really is time for it to go. I don't think petitions or anything will save this game at all now.
The thing is, they could give the next company data from January 22nd. A day before the announcement was made.

02-18-2013   #377 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
Trickster OnlineEden EternalTransformice!Rusty Hearts

Sakurawrz is a glorious beacon of lightSakurawrz is a glorious beacon of lightSakurawrz is a glorious beacon of lightSakurawrz is a glorious beacon of lightSakurawrz is a glorious beacon of lightSakurawrz is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: Sakurawrz
Class: Stabber of Monsters to_bunny
Level: 31, 34X
Guild: MoonlightC

This post is dedicated to Sakurawrz; the fluffiest bunny this side of the statue in Megalopolis. We had to move to Rusty Hearts, but no one in Bramunez accepts our galders. Also in memory of everyone in MoonlightC.
Have a green banana.

Playing Aion

02-18-2013   #378 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games
TibiaTrickster Online

Credo has a spectacular aura aboutCredo has a spectacular aura aboutCredo has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Credo Send a message via Skype™ to Credo
IGN: Credo(R.I.P.)

Val's correct. But to a publisher pick the game up is unlikely.... To buy out a game without a large fanbase... Unless they manage to update the game right at that new stuff working out in asian versions of the game, buying TO is totally risky business.

But if the game comes back without database, forcing us to start from zero, I'd play anyway... However, I understand why most of the people around are annoyed about that possibiliy - i have spent just a few Reais in that game, while other had sent to the game an ammont close to 1k ... Or more...

02-18-2013   #379 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Prince is on a distinguished road
IGN: Astos,Mentus,Norbito
Class: Priest,Dark Lord, Wizz to_dragon
Level: 150,6x,13x
Guild: Astro Blitz~!

From my programming point of view, every gaming company would refuse to pick up TO.
The gaming industry is vast, it's the biggest entertainment industry in the world. It has very high standards. Gamer's want the latest and newest games in the market. No company in their rightful mind would pick a game made in the previous decade. It won't sell. Just hearing that the game was started 6 years ago, will turn down most coders and game developers. That's allot of de-bugging. Also, you noticed how in the last month there were rarely any new players. The game just lost it's appeal to the newer generations of gamer's.

Sadly, I hate to see Trickster end like this. In my eyes, it had allot of potential, but the gaming industry is harsh. We can't control it. I know most veteran players are pissed at the fact that TO is going down. I would to. Some have put allot of time into TO and allot of money. It's like waking up and finding out that your house had burned down while you were sleeping and the insurence doesn't want to cover it. Your left with nothing. All we will have left of TO are screenshots and good memories. That's life, nothing to do but move on and enjoy the last days.

02-18-2013   #380 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineMapleStoryTrickster OnlineRagnarok Online

Xaorath is a jewel in the roughXaorath is a jewel in the roughXaorath is a jewel in the rough
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince
From my programming point of view, every gaming company would refuse to pick up TO.
The gaming industry is vast, it's the biggest entertainment industry in the world. It has very high standards. Gamer's want the latest and newest games in the market. No company in their rightful mind would pick a game made in the previous decade. It won't sell. Just hearing that the game was started 6 years ago, will turn down most coders and game developers. That's allot of de-bugging. Also, you noticed how in the last month there were rarely any new players. The game just lost it's appeal to the newer generations of gamer's.
Actually, that's not entirely true. If you are familiar with Dungeon & Fighter, the Taiwanese version of the game was run by Gamania and was shut down after 2 years without an update. Recently, a new company, Garena, has relaunched the game and the CCB begins on the 21st of this month.

I think it is entirely feasible that another company would publish Trickster, the question is, would SGI allow that. I'm sure a reboot of the game would mean a complete server wipe too, not because of the recent gifts from the GM's, which is easily solved by a month long rollback, but because of how messed up the economy was from the various hacking issues and glitch exploits that have taken place within the past few years.

With all of that said, do I think it's likely another company will pick up TO? No, sadly. I think the game will never be coming back to NA. The reason is because, in order for Trickster to succeed this time around, a lot of changes would have to be made to appeal to the NA market.

Changes to updates, changes to speed and method of dealing with glitches, exploits and hacks, game guard would need to be replaced or removed, MyShop would need to be tradeable. In Game updates would need to come faster, something that would be hard to do since even kTO doesn't get many game updates, advertising would have to take place, etc.

I wish someone would pick it up though. Shame to see the game go, too many memories.

Selling Myshop Items [Status: Closed for now] | Buying: Nothing