ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Trickster Online > Trickster Online Announcements

Grand Fantasia
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Grand Fantasia

Rating:  

LinkBack (3) Thread Tools Display Modes
02-02-2013   #321 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

ntreevloki is a glorious beacon of lightntreevloki is a glorious beacon of lightntreevloki is a glorious beacon of lightntreevloki is a glorious beacon of lightntreevloki is a glorious beacon of light

This isn't the first game I've played that has closed down, and I wasn't even nearly as hardcore about the game as most of you (when I stopped actively playing, my Lion was in the low 300's and my Dragon was barely third job), but this one has affected me more than any of the others. Trickster Online represents something bigger to me, as it was the first game I worked on that allowed me to have such a direct connection with the players, and interestingly that wasn't always the case.

When I first came to Ntreev USA, we didn't really have a casual forum or GM presence yet, we would just run events, because we didn't have enough people to keep the game up and devote time to the fans. That's what I expected from publishers of the time, but since I was still pretty new to the industry myself (my only experience prior was a year and a half at Blizzard), I still had a lot of fantasies as a gamer of how it *should* be. I'm older and wiser now, or at least older, and can see the reasons behind a lot of the more controversial calls, but I'll stand firmly behind having open lines of communication with your fans, always. Anyway, now that they had someone else to help with Trickster (there were less than 10 people at the company when I was hired, of which maybe 3 or 4 had GM names), we were able to spend a bit more time in game, start posting casually on the forums, et cetera, and once the trend was set, all we had to do was go with the flow.

While we're all here, what was your favorite Trickster memory?

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
02-02-2013   #322 (permalink)
Joy
LDR
Games
Trickster OnlineEden EternalLeague of Legends

Joy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Joy
IGN: Joycelin
Level: Silver♥

Yeah, to the Spicy Equips. GM Goldita or whatever her/his name was in Mego about 2 days ago and dropped about 100 sets of Spicy. I have a bunch so if you guys want something lemme know. I have no level 300 characters so only picked them up for the friends and people who always wanted Spicy equips. >:

02-02-2013   #323 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of Legends

InfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond repute

If you don't mind, send me few pieces

IGN: InfernalGuy

02-02-2013   #324 (permalink)
Joy
LDR
Games

Joy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfernalGuy
If you don't mind, send me few pieces

IGN: InfernalGuy
As long as you have a level 300 character. I'd rather meet in game too.

02-02-2013   #325 (permalink)
ggFTW Fan
Games
Trickster OnlineLa Tale
Awards Wandering Eye

Niata is a jewel in the roughNiata is a jewel in the roughNiata is a jewel in the roughNiata is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Niata
Class: Soul Master to_soulmaster
Level: 400
Guild: Bloodline

I know this is no market section
Do you have Draconic Circlet?
If yes, could you gift me one plz? <3

Niata~

02-02-2013   #326 (permalink)
Joy
LDR
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niata
I know this is no market section
Do you have Draconic Circlet?
If yes, could you gift me one plz? <3

Niata~
Please just private message instead of spamming this thread. Also I'm not doing any gifting. Meet in game and that's it. First come first serve.

Last edited by Joy; 02-02-2013 at 02:40 PM.

02-02-2013   #327 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlineGrand Chase
Awards Event WinnerFacebook Fan

Wendyfav3 is a jewel in the roughWendyfav3 is a jewel in the roughWendyfav3 is a jewel in the roughWendyfav3 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntreevloki

my Favorite Trickster Memory would have to be when I got my 1st Unique by hardwork. my 1st was Golden Lion Sword but I bought it and once I had it.....well.... I didn't feel so much of it. everyone was making a big deal on how great it was and I always see it up untill Ghost Blue or over level 130.
so I don't really count it...

my 1st was a Dread Hat from Captain Skull. it took more over 100 Seals to get it (can't remember the exact number).

I never felt so proud of myself, so excite. I made such a big fuss that I pretty much told everyone. even thow some of my friend already go them self a boss set of mine or higher rank.

I was such a little girl. squicking ( did I spell dat right ?) of my hardwork.
crying over of what a great accomplishment I made for my self

02-02-2013   #328 (permalink)
~Karan Worshipper~
Games
Tales of Pirates 2Tales of PiratesTrickster OnlineRusty Hearts
Awards Retired Wiki StaffEvent WinnerWandering Eye

WingedSylphe has a reputation beyond reputeWingedSylphe has a reputation beyond reputeWingedSylphe has a reputation beyond reputeWingedSylphe has a reputation beyond reputeWingedSylphe has a reputation beyond reputeWingedSylphe has a reputation beyond reputeWingedSylphe has a reputation beyond reputeWingedSylphe has a reputation beyond reputeWingedSylphe has a reputation beyond reputeWingedSylphe has a reputation beyond reputeWingedSylphe has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: SealFighter/Ayme
Class: Diva/Natasha to_primadonna
Level: 319/50
Guild: <<Firefly>>/Resurrection
Xfire: sylpheondine

Quote:

Karan giving me the ebony hat on my birthday, back in 2011 =o
That was very nice of him <3

02-02-2013   #329 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games
Trickster Online
Awards Facebook Fan

Inspiration will become famous soon enough
IGN: Inspiration
Class: Master Procrastinator to_champion
Guild: Astro Blitz
Default A Favourite Trickster Memory...

Quote:
With so many shining memories to choose from (and the screenies to go with them!), it's hard to pick just one. However, it would have to be meeting my very first friend in this game. Without her, it is likely that I would have quit years ago. I can still see the scene in my mind, Paradise Field 4 before it was revamped, next to that little lawn chair with the umbrella and her lion guard. There were llamas talked about that day and the rest is history. She is the person who planted the seed of what a guild (in my opinion anyway) is. Chatter, laughter, and togetherness, where people want to be and everyone (besides scammers, hackers and so on) is welcome. It is a place where we can express ourselves freely, sharing waffles, bacon, and delicious flavoured biscuit sticks. Guild works together, supports each other, hangs out, and basically, has fun!

Six years of Trickster Online means there were innumerable moments of joy (winning O/X for the first time back when Loki and Nero were hosting, reaching 3rd, spending time together as a guild, a spear and then a cutlass one after another on the same day), times of trial (the curse of wt, dead guilds, Gameguard <.<), and many wonderful people that will live on in memory once the servers are closed February 27th.

02-02-2013   #330 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Awards Facebook Fan

lask1483 has a spectacular aura aboutlask1483 has a spectacular aura about
IGN: lasky04/Bunsbuns
Class: Priest/Duelist
Level: 359/290
Guild: ~CRISIS^/MoonlightC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle
Yeah, to the Spicy Equips. GM Goldita or whatever her/his name was in Mego about 2 days ago and dropped about 100 sets of Spicy. I have a bunch so if you guys want something lemme know. I have no level 300 characters so only picked them up for the friends and people who always wanted Spicy equips. >:

can u give me 1 sets for power type and for a fox spicy equips.. ? Thank You.

IGN:lasky04 or Bunsbuns.
Server: Jewelia

02-02-2013   #331 (permalink)
Just some random hobo
Games
Trickster Online

ShinMegami is a jewel in the roughShinMegami is a jewel in the roughShinMegami is a jewel in the roughShinMegami is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Vistrado
Class: fire/elec/dark wiz to_wizard
Level: 261
Guild: Astro Blitz

Quote:
tough call for me, I really enjoyed the time I've had in my current guild though.

Guess I'd say when tombeth finally dropped his staff when my scientist was hunting him a lot, took 793 seals to get and it's only a level 90 weapon but it was very satisfying to finally see it drop.

think karan dropped a pearl pistol pretty close to my birthday as well, so that's pretty high up there too.

02-02-2013   #332 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

AionDarkness is on a distinguished road

Yeah the spicy drops are troublesome and a pain. I actually wrote a week and a half ago that the biggest request out there is for them to have a back up of the game as of 1/21/13. That way if the game is picked up again, we could transfer. It's nice that they're doing all this but they really need to have the back ups done just in case.

Edit:
Fave Trickster memory was meeting you and Chaos in O/X quiz. Was my first one and it was during poppuri event. Also met leonshroeder at the time as well. I remember that question to this day. You asked if KFC sold fish burgers and we all went to false but you decided to give us one last chance to change our answers. I googled and found it was true and got most people to move =P

02-03-2013   #333 (permalink)
ヨンム・カークス
Games
Trickster OnlineProject BlackoutSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterAion

Kirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Gladiyeytor

stop asking for eqs here just PM her in-game dfq lol

-Lt.Commander Yonem Kirks, African Zeon Remnants

02-03-2013   #334 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

alkeiser is on a distinguished road

Quote:
This isn't the first game I've played that has closed down, and I wasn't even nearly as hardcore about the game as most of you (when I stopped actively playing, my Lion was in the low 300's and my Dragon was barely third job), but this one has affected me more than any of the others. Trickster Online represents something bigger to me, as it was the first game I worked on that allowed me to have such a direct connection with the players, and interestingly that wasn't always the case.

When I first came to Ntreev USA, we didn't really have a casual forum or GM presence yet, we would just run events, because we didn't have enough people to keep the game up and devote time to the fans. That's what I expected from publishers of the time, but since I was still pretty new to the industry myself (my only experience prior was a year and a half at Blizzard), I still had a lot of fantasies as a gamer of how it *should* be. I'm older and wiser now, or at least older, and can see the reasons behind a lot of the more controversial calls, but I'll stand firmly behind having open lines of communication with your fans, always. Anyway, now that they had someone else to help with Trickster (there were less than 10 people at the company when I was hired, of which maybe 3 or 4 had GM names), we were able to spend a bit more time in game, start posting casually on the forums, et cetera, and once the trend was set, all we had to do was go with the flow.

yep, not much different from others.

it was when I won OX quiz.
doing chit-chat with GM and seeing how fast GM run were so fun haha

02-03-2013   #335 (permalink)
Greetings to you!
Games
Trickster OnlineDungeon Fighter OnlineWorld of WarcraftForsaken World
Awards Artifact Hoarder

Draft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Draft
Guild: ~°Polaris°~

Quote:
Originally Posted by AionDarkness
Yeah the spicy drops are troublesome and a pain. I actually wrote a week and a half ago that the biggest request out there is for them to have a back up of the game as of 1/21/13. That way if the game is picked up again, we could transfer. It's nice that they're doing all this but they really need to have the back ups done just in case.
With the spicy sets being dropped, I have less hope our characters will be saved even if some other publisher pick it up.

02-03-2013   #336 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

AionDarkness is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowBerry
With the spicy sets being dropped, I have less hope our characters will be saved even if some other publisher pick it up.
Well.. like I said.. they have back up data. They've been able to do roll backs to several weeks before so there's still the possibility

02-03-2013   #337 (permalink)
~Forever & Always~
Games
Trickster Online

Samaniego is just really niceSamaniego is just really niceSamaniego is just really niceSamaniego is just really niceSamaniego is just really nice
IGN: Samaniego
Class: Thief Master
Level: 333
Guild: Reign

Trickster is Dying?

Well,... i knew it was bound to happen now or later...

Too bad my strongest Grandchase account is 7767 because of Trickster :/

Well,.... guess League Of Legends is the only one left for me...
If anyone wants play with me IGN : xSamaniego

It was nice being with all of you fellow tricksters!
( Except a few of you...)

Forever & Always

02-04-2013   #338 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games
TibiaTrickster Online

Credo has a spectacular aura aboutCredo has a spectacular aura aboutCredo has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Credo Send a message via Skype™ to Credo
IGN: Credo(R.I.P.)

We saw that coming... Since 2011 I begin my warnings... Hehe, some even called me those " mad prophets that keep saying THE END IS NEAR THE END IS NEAR on the streets " , With a broken economy and 80% of the game population just retiring.... there is no profit for the company.... then, no game.

But however, can't we just make a private server ? I mean, look for example WoW. A way more complex game then TO but we have a lot of pirate/private servers out there. Even Ragnarok, which has the same .... skeleton of TO.... Could be the best idea....

02-04-2013   #339 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

fate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud of
IGN: h1zuka/PrincessJanine
Class: Fat People
Level: 280/313

Quote:
Originally Posted by Credo
But however, can't we just make a private server ? I mean, look for example WoW. A way more complex game then TO but we have a lot of pirate/private servers out there. Even Ragnarok, which has the same .... skeleton of TO.... Could be the best idea....
Not as easy as it sounds, both those games have really big fan base and both games didn't actually shut down due to lack of players rather players got fed up with the normal servers. On the other hand TO has a really small fan base which makes it harder for someone to actually host a server.

02-04-2013   #340 (permalink)
Honest Heart
Games
Adventure Quest WorldsAuditionDragon SagaGrand Chase
Awards Facebook Fan

NiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to behold
Class: Not a psychologist
Level: 21
Guild: Gaap's Guild >_>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Credo
We saw that coming... Since 2011 I begin my warnings... Hehe, some even called me those " mad prophets that keep saying THE END IS NEAR THE END IS NEAR on the streets " , With a broken economy and 80% of the game population just retiring.... there is no profit for the company.... then, no game.

I found a private TO server (which was region locked), and a guide explaining how to make a private server, with download links, but it was 2~3 years ago, I did check this server's site and it doesn't exist anymore, and the download links on that guide didn't work, either (even when I found them they didn't work).
I think it's all about luck, finding the files to make one and/or finding a private server. RO and WoW have a ton of fans, it's easier for someone to find ways to make a private server when there are a lot of people interested in it.