ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Trickster Online > Trickster Online Announcements

League of Legends
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

League of Legends

Rating:  

LinkBack (3) Thread Tools Display Modes
01-28-2013   #281 (permalink)
Hurricane Kick

Sirnaq will become famous soon enoughSirnaq will become famous soon enough
Class: Cat to_primadonna

Can't believe Trickster is about to close its doors. I've been playing since Dec.2007 (with tons of on/off periods) and how the game has evolved since Links/Revolution, it's just impressive.

When I discovered this game for the first time with its overcute graphics, anime-style flashy colors, and its childish and almost naive outlook, my 1st thought was... this game is made for me! Everything I love in video games was crystallized just before my eyes. And not only the graphics, but the game mechanics were also perfect. After 6 years of playing Trickster, I don't regret a single minute spend it, nor a single buck spend on Myshop -and I spend quite a few- now I know I'll never find such a great game again.

I was quite a solitaire in my playing, being in the "wrong" timezone (Europe ftw), but still i met tons of great people (and quite a bunch of douches of course), now I can safely say Trickster was one of the best game experience of my life, including console/pc/handled games -and i'm in my 30's so I played quite a few.

I got tons of good memories at a time when grinding was all but an option, and maps were always full of people at Path to Oops, Bugbears, Tech1 & Tap1, even in the most uncommon places like Arachnes & Mermaid Palace. Also when Mirage Island was introduced, with its green pastures and waterfall -like, how to add an even more delightful place in a game that is visually perfect in all aspects.

Also remember when the party was full and "Royal", but somebody was about to leave because of eating/bed/school, then making the rest of the group emo because of the loss of %, lol, nostalgia.

Now, I do hope a motivated end reliable company will be able to PhenixDown our beloved Trickster because today, Giuvani's Tears are nothing compared to mine...

Miss you Trickster, and your mighty Wiki as well (I spend hours and days working with Sidero, Adipiciu, Mizuiro and everybody here; special big up to the wiki-team)! And I miss you all, the community, even if I was not the most talkative out there.

-oyea and i spent years playing a NA game but my english still s*cks balls; FR are definitely hopeless.

-dam and i can be so freaking tl;dr sometimes :alreadyout:

Last edited by Sirnaq; 01-28-2013 at 03:15 PM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
01-28-2013   #282 (permalink)
ahhhhh wait
Special
Games
MabinogiDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon SagaDragon Nest
Awards Most Valuable DivisionMost Valuable StaffAdmin AwardMoM AwardWandering Eye

Sandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Sandrie
Class: ~ lt_sorcerer
Level: e

Hey guys I know this seems to be a really hot topic and all but let's not flamebait or insult people. There's a difference between saying an opinion and just outright flaming/bashing everyone. Thanks!

p.s. I haven't played this game in years. It's a bit sad to see it go but unfortunately it looks like it's the end of it's time (eTO at least).

01-28-2013   #283 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

Balcony is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandrie
p.s. I haven't played this game in years. It's a bit sad to see it go but unfortunately it looks like it's the end of it's time (eTO at least).
Gotta say even you're qq'ing

01-28-2013   #284 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlineEden EternalMapleStory

Atmosphere has a brilliant futureAtmosphere has a brilliant futureAtmosphere has a brilliant futureAtmosphere has a brilliant futureAtmosphere has a brilliant futureAtmosphere has a brilliant futureAtmosphere has a brilliant futureAtmosphere has a brilliant futureAtmosphere has a brilliant futureAtmosphere has a brilliant futureAtmosphere has a brilliant future
IGN: Atmosphere
Level: Nub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balcony
Nothing wrong with qqing!

01-28-2013   #285 (permalink)
ahhhhh wait
Special
Games
MabinogiDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon SagaDragon Nest
Awards Most Valuable DivisionMost Valuable StaffAdmin AwardMoM AwardWandering Eye

Sandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Sandrie
Class: ~ lt_sorcerer
Level: e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balcony
I wasn't particularly impacted by the announcement honestly. It was more like an "oh well" then a "qq".

01-28-2013   #286 (permalink)
사랑해요,♥.
Games
Trickster OnlineFlyFFEden EternalLeague of Legends

Promise is a splendid one to beholdPromise is a splendid one to beholdPromise is a splendid one to beholdPromise is a splendid one to beholdPromise is a splendid one to beholdPromise is a splendid one to beholdPromise is a splendid one to behold

Oh wow.

Trickster Online was/is probably my first ever MMO. I'm still pretty young and I've been playing this game since 06. I have a future ahead of me and moving on from this game would be great for me.

I must admit that my maturity levels have shot up whilst playing this game. Having said that, most people tend to not believe me when I tell them my actual age (in both the real and e-World.)

Anyway, I'm not exactly shocked as of such that this game is coming to an end. It was pretty clear that the game was dying quite rapidly ever since they added the most amazing thing ever, formerly known as Game Guard. Game Guard actually brings back so many memories. I remember when I was unable to play T.O since my mother decided to buy Windows 7. Ah, good times. <:

I've actually met quite a number of people on this game; some I'm not too fond of and others I tend talk to on a daily basis, simply because they're 2awsumpls.

A lot of things have changed and are still changing, though. I've recently lost a few close friends and I completely understand why and I accept it. Yesterday, I lost someone who was once a close friend/little sister to me. I used to play this game with her but we both left the game together (not too long ago actually) and we both tried out a different game together. I must admit that I still miss her at times, though. I've also started to feel a lot emptier more recently as people keep entering and leaving my life quite quickly but I guess everything happens for a good cause.

Sometimes we just have to move on in life and see what it has to offer next. We also have to move on from Trickster eventually, too. I guess it's time to let go now and it'll be a lot healthier for most of us. I have a feeling that SGI has already tried to sell their game to other companies so there's no point in trying to advertise the game even further, in my opinion. Trickster's met its end now and it's a game with an absolutely HUGE history behind it. It'll be quite hard to resurrect knowing all of the glitches and bugs it'll leave behind so I doubt that any company would want to pick it up from the state it's currently in. I know it's hard for some of us to let go but we just have to deal with it. We have to keep going » ƒorward ».

Any-who, I have spent a reasonable amount of money on this game and I personally don't find it a waste at all. I've dyed my cat's hair over 25 times for sure and I'm pretty sure she doesn't want her hair dyed ever again so letting her R.I.P at the current state she's in is probably best for her.

Finally, the last thing I wanted to say is that this game actually brings back a load of memories; good and bad. I have a bunch of screen shots and most of them include this nub here ->KatteCat. Love you btch <;

In memory of *copy/paste/add*
Spoiler!

OH and SHOUT OUT TO MY BFFL CHRIS YEAH GG NP &STUFF, K. Green shirt. (((:

Visit my TumblrSHAWOL BESTFRIEND STAR1 INSPIRIT EXOTIC E.L.FVisit my Twitter

Last edited by Promise; 01-28-2013 at 04:00 PM.

01-28-2013   #287 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

AionDarkness is on a distinguished road

Yes, in life things must eventually come to an end. However, life is also full of possibilities and opportunities. Though some of you have already given up on Trickster, I myself feel that there's hope in the future for it to live just a bit more beyond Asia and that's why a few of us had created Project: Rebirth of Memories.

It's an opportunity for people to not only stand up for a game they love but also a chance for people to meet those that they have yet to meet as well as share the happiness and memories. Though we can't guarantee any success, it's a pleasure to play with you all and to see the support out there.

Regardless of your views, this month should truly be used to celebrate the times and memories we have had together and to treasure these moments.

Here's something for your memories. I chose the Korean one cause at least have some dates on it (even if it is kTO)

01-29-2013   #288 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
Trickster OnlineEden EternalTransformice!Rusty Hearts

Sakurawrz is a glorious beacon of lightSakurawrz is a glorious beacon of lightSakurawrz is a glorious beacon of lightSakurawrz is a glorious beacon of lightSakurawrz is a glorious beacon of lightSakurawrz is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: Sakurawrz
Class: Stabber of Monsters to_bunny
Level: 31, 34X
Guild: MoonlightC

^ Sign that petition ^

Playing Aion

01-29-2013   #289 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games
Trickster Online
Awards Facebook Fan

Inspiration will become famous soon enough
IGN: Inspiration
Class: Master Procrastinator to_champion
Guild: Astro Blitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirnaq
Also remember when the party was full and "Royal", but somebody was about to leave because of eating/bed/school, then making the rest of the group emo because of the loss of %, lol, nostalgia.
Haha, also the stress of looking for a sense character to make that royal.

01-29-2013   #290 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster Online

DudeLoco has much to be proud ofDudeLoco has much to be proud ofDudeLoco has much to be proud ofDudeLoco has much to be proud ofDudeLoco has much to be proud ofDudeLoco has much to be proud ofDudeLoco has much to be proud ofDudeLoco has much to be proud of
IGN: WindLeaves
Guild: ~..Melt the snow..~

well, there is a boss summoning event at jewelia southwest forest right now. come and have last fun

01-29-2013   #291 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

BriannaPuss is a name known to allBriannaPuss is a name known to allBriannaPuss is a name known to allBriannaPuss is a name known to allBriannaPuss is a name known to allBriannaPuss is a name known to all
IGN: BriannaPuss
Class: *****Cat to_model
Level: 397
Guild: MoonlightC

/Signed petition.

& Here's my random 2 cents...

What I think eTO lacked was/is advertising!
Advertising is an insanely large industry in the U.S. for a reason, because it works.

I truly believe this game could have been, and still can be, successful if ANY advertisement was put out...
I remember the day I found eTO, I had downloaded like 5 games before it, all of which sucked. My point is, is that I didn't download eTO first, because I had never heard of it and I had found it by chance from some random site/blog/idontevenknow that had a list of free mmorpgs.

I don't know how you "found" the game, but from my own experience of "finding the game" I think it's impressive for this game to have such a strong community, when it has like barely any, if any, publicity/acknowledgement/whatever (you know what i mean? ...hopefully).

Reason I'm saying this is because I watched (in a 10+ year period) Neopets go from a rinky-dink site, only available in English-speaking places, to a huge business available in countless countries... I remember over 10 years ago thinking that Neopets wouldn't last, I thought it was boring and there was not enough to do... But they kept getting the word out about their site in any and every way.
I wish T.O. could have learned a thing or two from them and/or other successful sites and games...

I don't even know why I'm writing this, I just wish it wasn't closing. ;(

*hopes that they are willing to sell, & don't have some 'crazy' code they wanna keep secret
*hopes that some other company picks it up
*hopes it was just a dream

01-29-2013   #292 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Tardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriannaPuss
What I think eTO lacked was/is advertising!
Advertising is an insanely large industry in the U.S. for a reason, because it works.

I truly believe this game could have been, and still can be, successful if ANY advertisement was put out...
I remember the day I found eTO, I had downloaded like 5 games before it, all of which sucked. My point is, is that I didn't download eTO first, because I had never heard of it and I had found it by chance from some random site/blog/idontevenknow that had a list of free mmorpgs.

I don't know how you "found" the game, but from my own experience of "finding the game" I think it's impressive for this game to have such a strong community, when it has like barely any, if any, publicity/acknowledgement/whatever (you know what i mean? ...hopefully).

Reason I'm saying this is because I watched (in a 10+ year period) Neopets go from a rinky-dink site, only available in English-speaking places, to a huge business available in countless countries... I remember over 10 years ago thinking that Neopets wouldn't last, I thought it was boring and there was not enough to do... But they kept getting the word out about their site in any and every way.
I wish T.O. could have learned a thing or two from them and/or other successful sites and games...
Firstly, Neopets is a poor example because it grew via word of mouth and then was purchased by Viacom (the company that owns Nickelodeon), so it had the funds to spread itself after it was purchased.

Secondly, for advertising to be effective, it has to bring in more than it costs to advertise (or at the very least break even). That means if it costs 5 bucks for ads, the ads need to bring in, at the very least 5, bucks. There was a period of time where Trickster had some ads. Obviously, they eventually stopped, presumably because it was costing more than it was bringing in.

If you wanted to look at why Trickster is closing, you don't have to look far.
1) Content-- Lots of patches and updates based around MyShop updates and cheesy in-game events (most being tedious). Very little real content. Real content is stuff that is completely new (Abyss, new systems, new jobs). Revamps aren't exactly real content. The Tapasco revamp was quite extensive so arguably it could be new content, however.

2) Poor management-- Especially noticeable in the past year with all of the vulnerability to hacking and the server problems. Overemphasis on the cash shop aspects, so-so emphasis on bringing content (what little content was brought fairly quickly, at least), very little emphasis on glitch fixing.

3) Poor community to company relations-- GMs can only go so far. Not to mention many higher quality GMs that had substantial relations with the community left the company recently.

01-29-2013   #293 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

fate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud of
IGN: h1zuka/PrincessJanine
Class: Fat People
Level: 280/313

I was just wondering so 1st Taiwan TO closed and now eTO closed, so how are the other versions doing? Are they still active or are they at a point where players have dropped?

01-29-2013   #294 (permalink)
Playing Finalfantasy XIV
Games
Trickster OnlineRusty Hearts
Awards Facebook Fan

kite384 has a reputation beyond reputekite384 has a reputation beyond reputekite384 has a reputation beyond reputekite384 has a reputation beyond reputekite384 has a reputation beyond reputekite384 has a reputation beyond reputekite384 has a reputation beyond reputekite384 has a reputation beyond reputekite384 has a reputation beyond reputekite384 has a reputation beyond reputekite384 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to kite384
IGN: ShugoKunisaki/kitekite
Class: Edgar/Tude to_buffalo
Level: 43/32
Guild: [[MoonlightC]]

chinese TO is closed too

i heared Thai TO is behind in updates for like 4 months

01-29-2013   #295 (permalink)
ggFTW Fan
Awards Facebook Fan

vs824 is on a distinguished road
IGN: SoulStasis

I hope this will happen to TO too... i dont want TO to vanish.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/lunia...77926215613929

01-29-2013   #296 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Tardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vs824
I hope this will happen to TO too... i dont want TO to vanish.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/lunia...77926215613929
Lunia was shut-down as a whole (ie., every version) whereas other Trickster's are still up and strong(ish).

01-29-2013   #297 (permalink)
ggFTW Fan
Awards Facebook Fan

vs824 is on a distinguished road
IGN: SoulStasis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jare
Lunia was shut-down as a whole (ie., every version) whereas other Trickster's are still up and strong(ish).
My bad, im just being positive.

01-30-2013   #298 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

Drarin is a jewel in the roughDrarin is a jewel in the roughDrarin is a jewel in the roughDrarin is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEGAMew
Oh trust me when I say that I still chase after the ever elusive GM_Mobius...

Even though they were the actual original X/O GMs, you are definitely the one to make it exciting! Also very rewarding when the select few survive your murderous onslaught of questions

I have always praised Trickster's GMs as the most involving within the community, there is no questions about it. You simply don't see the level of interaction of GMs within the community in other MMOs. Even though some people are a little less patient with nTreev USA staff, not once did the (old) staff shrugged off a problem and ignore it and try to fix things if it's within their power. You guys always made players feel that they're top priority. I don't know any other MMO that after banning a char's account for comprimise/suspect hacked account, that would reinvestigate the account and unban it upon request. I sure know other games like WoW are extremely less lenient, and all their players pay for the game.

I believe Trickster wouldn't be as great as it is if not for the love and dedication staff and players put towards it. I definitely can see it after logging in for the first time after like 4-5 years since I last logged in. Episode Quests and various other additions like the improved drilling system (not hitting d everytime I wanna drill a new spot) really adds to the overall quality of the game. It is sad that there are technical issues (GameGuard) that prevents people from enjoying the game
everyone run it's a ghost posting EEEK

01-30-2013   #299 (permalink)
~Karan Worshipper~
Games
Tales of Pirates 2Tales of PiratesTrickster OnlineRusty Hearts
Awards Retired Wiki StaffEvent WinnerWandering Eye

WingedSylphe has a reputation beyond reputeWingedSylphe has a reputation beyond reputeWingedSylphe has a reputation beyond reputeWingedSylphe has a reputation beyond reputeWingedSylphe has a reputation beyond reputeWingedSylphe has a reputation beyond reputeWingedSylphe has a reputation beyond reputeWingedSylphe has a reputation beyond reputeWingedSylphe has a reputation beyond reputeWingedSylphe has a reputation beyond reputeWingedSylphe has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: SealFighter/Ayme
Class: Diva/Natasha to_primadonna
Level: 319/50
Guild: <<Firefly>>/Resurrection
Xfire: sylpheondine

Do I feel sad that TO closes? Sorta but I got over it (dang it less wiki work tho D=)
Will I join other versions? No.
Too lazy for the whole shenanigan of using proxys to get on whatever asian version of TO still exists.

Do I feel sad for loosing Karan forever?
No, I brought him, Blod, Odinea and Tut to Rusty Hearts. x)

01-30-2013   #300 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

TeddyRockspin86 has a spectacular aura aboutTeddyRockspin86 has a spectacular aura aboutTeddyRockspin86 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to TeddyRockspin86
IGN: iFirebrand
Class: Champion to_champion
Level: 400
Guild: Revolution

What a let down this game is it never got any better with its excessive "exceptional errors", game guard, corrupted servers, myshop errors, game freezing all the time, game never being updated on time when they say it'll be done and scammers. The game was cool at the beginning before the inflation, money glitches and the hackers but now the game is ass I'm actually surprised it didn't die out a lot sooner.. everything I ever devoted to this game will be gone to waste; my billions of galder, all the boss equips, rare ingame equips worth billions, and achieving level 400 but oh well i guess it had to come to an end I've learned my lesson never play a Free game or at least not one made by Ntreev.