ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Trickster Online > Trickster Online Announcements

Perfect World
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Perfect World

Rating:  

LinkBack (3) Thread Tools Display Modes
01-27-2013   #261 (permalink)
(^▽^#)ノシ
Special
Games
Alicia
Awards Retired Division HeadPervert Award

Kowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Kowiz

Will I still get unbanned in 2038?

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
01-27-2013   #262 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

alkeiser is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntreevloki
Sorry I'm late, I was trying to get an account issue on the site resolved; I never received my confirmation e-mail when I registered this account, but a kind admin got it all sorted out for me.

So hey guys, I used to work for SG Interactive (formerly Ntreev USA), where I went by GM_Loki.

Just to clear up a few things first, I am no longer with SG Interactive, so I really can't say anything regarding their current business operations, including why Trickster Online is shutting down or what future it may have (if any). It also means that my opinions are my own (as they always have been) but *definitely* in no way reflect the positions or opinions of SG Interactive.

Trickster Online was the first game published by Ntreev USA, and actually before I was hired I was an avid player myself. The night before my interview, Mermaid Palace and the first Gacha had just been released, and I stayed up all night to finish the entry quest as well as to get Lycan. I know that it didn't always seem like we saw eye to eye as far as the staff and the MyTrickster community, but we always cared.

So I'm bummed that the game is shutting down even if I haven't played in years, and I just wanted to stop by, say hi, and maybe help some people relive some good memories of a great game. I would like to be able to answer questions too, but please keep in mind that there's a lot of stuff I still can't talk about.
omg its loki

I missed you, chaos, raven, and Grimm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaorath
Hey Loki, I remember you from back in the day!

One thing I always loved about Trickster was how the GM's were more interactive with their players than in most MMO's. That you would come here to post as a player when you no longer work for SGI is a testament to how great this game was and how great it could've been under the right leadership.

Trickster has been facing a lot of issues with exploits and/or hacks in recent times. The game never was too big to begin with and with Game Guard alienating a lot of the remaining players and SGI neglecting to fix issues and banning many legitimate and loyal players, this was going to happen sooner or later.

I am not sure if SGI thinks that Trickster just doesn't have what it takes to make it in the modern world or if they are just being lazy and would rather cut their losses than actually attempt to fix the issues with the game, but I'm sure they could've come up with a better solution than closing the game down.
very true

those GMs are funny

those interaction with players especially at OX quiz

01-27-2013   #263 (permalink)
「 薬売り 」
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineEden EternalMapleStoryRagnarok Online

Kusuriuri has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Kusuriuri Send a message via Skype™ to Kusuriuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rydia
They had fixed a lot of 7677s added all that new shit and then....gameguard. The population drop was so drastic and noticable almost overnight...
Jesus I can't even imagine what that was like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kowiz
Will I still get unbanned in 2038?

Rofl did you get banned Kow? Or are you just screwing around

モノノ怪

01-27-2013   #264 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Isatis has a spectacular aura aboutIsatis has a spectacular aura aboutIsatis has a spectacular aura about
IGN: Eisbar-Eyri-Irokwa
Level: 400/400/272
Guild: ~..Melt the snow..~

Well, all good things must end one day, i'm pretty sad Trickster have to close even if it was obvious to me, 6years to play this game, so much time spent, so much money too, so much good moments, i meet a very few people which i'll never forget. I would be curious to know how many hours i have played this game.

Actually, the thing i'm the most proud during my 6 years in TO isn't to reach two char to level 400, but to joined Melt the snow which ever was for me, the strongest guild and one of the most dedicated guild of TO, with so few people in it, but always so strong to bosshunt, so strong in guild ranking regarding to the number of actives players, and since i was mainly a lonely player (yes, you can play a mmo during 6 years alone, most people actually bother me) this guild was definitivly the one I wanted to join, so yea, the day i joined this guild was one of the most epic moment for me.

I'm still jealous of Rydia and Settie's pet collection tho.

One amazing fact, the server will close on february 27th, which is exactly the same day i joined in 2007, with one of my IRL friend who quitted several months after.

01-27-2013   #265 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Awards Facebook Fan

TinyLegs will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verse
R.I.P Linverse

And, HeavensPower. Yes I am that Dragon if anyone still remembers, if not, Look at Scammer list.

Also, I am not a scammer, just wanted to say the truth before everything is too late.

Shames~

01-27-2013   #266 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Lacerta is on a distinguished road
Class: Fiona / Evie / Lann
Level: 22 / 27 / 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rydia
IDK much about MMOs and how they decide to shut down but even though things got really shitty with gameguard I wonder if they had been planning to shut down even before that. Do they make the decision to kill a game within 6 months? I guess we will never know. ]:
Most likely somewhere in that time frame, yes. Outside of any sort of insane financial distress that would cause the company itself to go under, these decisions are made as the time to renew your contract with the developer draws near. They look at how much money they made during the year, how much money they spent in expenses or fees to get content patches / fixes from the developer, the amount of active players logging in to get an estimate of total activity, and then they decide if it's worth bothering to keep running.

Well, that's a very simplistic way of putting it anyway. There can be some other political factors too like not feeling the developer is respecting your region with refusal to resolve problems that they ended up creating.

The only ones who would truly know in this situation are the heads of SGi that go into that room to talk about the contract.

01-27-2013   #267 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

ntreevloki is a glorious beacon of lightntreevloki is a glorious beacon of lightntreevloki is a glorious beacon of lightntreevloki is a glorious beacon of lightntreevloki is a glorious beacon of light

If you're looking for the *original* O/X Quiz hosts, that'd be Mobius and Chaos. When I first came on the scene, my first big goal was to host an O/X quiz. I was super stoked when they opened up a second quiz time for me to host. =)

Making the decision to close a game is never easy, and although I don't know the exact circumstances behind Trickster, in general I've seen with games sunsetting that it's not strictly about money. It's a difficult and controversial topic, every situation is different, and only the folks who make the business decisions will often ever know exactly why it happens and how the timing is decided.

There was a game called Sephiroth in Korea that was published in North America as Turf Battles. It had a rocky start under the initial publisher and was later picked up by Aeria Games. They published it for a few years, but although the developers were working with them to try to fix some of the issues with publishing the game in the North American market, the efforts were ultimately unsuccessful and they shut it down. There was certainly community demand for the game, albeit a modest community; there was even a grassroots attempt to purchase the license from SmileGate (not SGI; SmileGate in Korea, which is SGI's parent company), and I think they were successful as of last year sometime. The difference there is that the players were actually going to be developing the game rather than just publishing; the original developers have moved on to other projects. That's pretty rare, too: usually the code isn't sold to a regional game unless the developers have well and truly written it off, because there can still be a ton of proprietary and sensitive information and technologies in game code. It's not uncommon--especially if you wrote your own engine--to repurpose a game in the service of your next game.

01-27-2013   #268 (permalink)
1st banned
Games
Trickster OnlineElswordSD Gundam Online: Capsule Fighter

Zero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Zero
IGN: ProtoShot
Class: Scientist to_scientist
Level: 25x
Guild: Revolution

Quote:
If you're looking for the *original* O/X Quiz hosts, that'd be Mobius and Chaos. When I first came on the scene, my first big goal was to host an O/X quiz. I was super stoked when they opened up a second quiz time for me to host. =)

Making the decision to close a game is never easy, and although I don't know the exact circumstances behind Trickster, in general I've seen with games sunsetting that it's not strictly about money. It's a difficult and controversial topic, every situation is different, and only the folks who make the business decisions will often ever know exactly why it happens and how the timing is decided.

There was a game called Sephiroth in Korea that was published in North America as Turf Battles. It had a rocky start under the initial publisher and was later picked up by Aeria Games. They published it for a few years, but although the developers were working with them to try to fix some of the issues with publishing the game in the North American market, the efforts were ultimately unsuccessful and they shut it down. There was certainly community demand for the game, albeit a modest community; there was even a grassroots attempt to purchase the license from SmileGate (not SGI; SmileGate in Korea, which is SGI's parent company), and I think they were successful as of last year sometime. The difference there is that the players were actually going to be developing the game rather than just publishing; the original developers have moved on to other projects. That's pretty rare, too: usually the code isn't sold to a regional game unless the developers have well and truly written it off, because there can still be a ton of proprietary and sensitive information and technologies in game code. It's not uncommon--especially if you wrote your own engine--to repurpose a game in the service of your next game.
This is why just about everyone misses the OLD GM crew. You guys actually took the time to talk to us and stick around for many events both before and afterwards.

01-27-2013   #269 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlineEden EternalMapleStory

Atmosphere has a brilliant futureAtmosphere has a brilliant futureAtmosphere has a brilliant futureAtmosphere has a brilliant futureAtmosphere has a brilliant futureAtmosphere has a brilliant futureAtmosphere has a brilliant futureAtmosphere has a brilliant futureAtmosphere has a brilliant futureAtmosphere has a brilliant futureAtmosphere has a brilliant future
IGN: Atmosphere
Level: Nub

It would be best if the original GM crew took over
y53:y1 6:

01-27-2013   #270 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Snoopiedoop is on a distinguished road
Guild: None

Been playing as Lookie on the Fantasia server for...4 years now?
Man all good things DO come to an end....but this is NOT how I had imagined it.
It's unbelievable that it's come to this...although I sort of saw it coming.
Thank you for the memories. Thank you for the fun. Good bye to those of you who have enjoyed the game as much as I did! <3 Au revoir!

01-27-2013   #271 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

IdlenessTT has a reputation beyond reputeIdlenessTT has a reputation beyond reputeIdlenessTT has a reputation beyond reputeIdlenessTT has a reputation beyond reputeIdlenessTT has a reputation beyond reputeIdlenessTT has a reputation beyond reputeIdlenessTT has a reputation beyond reputeIdlenessTT has a reputation beyond reputeIdlenessTT has a reputation beyond reputeIdlenessTT has a reputation beyond reputeIdlenessTT has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: IdlenessTT
Level: 400
Guild: ~..Melt the snow..~

I still have an Intern Loki pet in my storage. It was for refining an equipment from lv 0 to lv 10 during the event period years ago. good memory

I am still very sad about the news. I came to this game with my husband during 2009 after the closure of another game that we used to love. It is sad to see that the same fate falls upon on Trickster online. Trickster has been part of my daily conversation with my husband at home for the past years lol. I think the game has great potentials but oh well. They never release any ms box higher than lv. 280.

I will miss every part of the game and all the familiar characters I see in mega square each day. Although many of you guys already left the game, I ll still be around the game until the last day.

01-27-2013   #272 (permalink)
Has Trouble Sleeping
Special

CountBlood is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to CountBlood
Guild: Red Eclipse

Yeah, the O/X events were probably my favorite part of the trickster experience, even if I only won once. Those huge gatherings at rose garden beforehand were great. Everyone complaining about pets and the massive lag that ensued. Good times.

01-27-2013   #273 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

AionDarkness is on a distinguished road

I'm surprised Loki came back I remember the first O/X I won was hosted by Loki and it was during the Poppuri event. That's where I met Leon

01-27-2013   #274 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of Legends
Awards Facebook Fan

Revolution will become famous soon enoughRevolution will become famous soon enough
IGN: XO Strike
Level: Changing

well then, cya Trickster. It was great meeting all those people

My Tips On Refining!

01-27-2013   #275 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

AionDarkness is on a distinguished road

For those hoping for one last chance in saving Trickster and finding another publisher, please join our movement

/forum/trickster-onl...ories-rom.html

01-27-2013   #276 (permalink)
GM Magnet
Special

SEGAMew will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to SEGAMew
IGN: ~LeonSchroeder~, HaoQiao,
Class: Lion to_scientist
Level: 253
Guild: DayBreak

Quote:
Oh trust me when I say that I still chase after the ever elusive GM_Mobius...

Even though they were the actual original X/O GMs, you are definitely the one to make it exciting! Also very rewarding when the select few survive your murderous onslaught of questions

I have always praised Trickster's GMs as the most involving within the community, there is no questions about it. You simply don't see the level of interaction of GMs within the community in other MMOs. Even though some people are a little less patient with nTreev USA staff, not once did the (old) staff shrugged off a problem and ignore it and try to fix things if it's within their power. You guys always made players feel that they're top priority. I don't know any other MMO that after banning a char's account for comprimise/suspect hacked account, that would reinvestigate the account and unban it upon request. I sure know other games like WoW are extremely less lenient, and all their players pay for the game.

I believe Trickster wouldn't be as great as it is if not for the love and dedication staff and players put towards it. I definitely can see it after logging in for the first time after like 4-5 years since I last logged in. Episode Quests and various other additions like the improved drilling system (not hitting d everytime I wanna drill a new spot) really adds to the overall quality of the game. It is sad that there are technical issues (GameGuard) that prevents people from enjoying the game

[Temporary Sig Until I Get a New one] - Now where have I heard that one before @.@
[Leon's Thread of Arts]

01-28-2013   #277 (permalink)
ggFTW Fan
Games
Trickster OnlineElsword

Mahiyain is a glorious beacon of lightMahiyain is a glorious beacon of lightMahiyain is a glorious beacon of lightMahiyain is a glorious beacon of lightMahiyain is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: Bee
Class: Science :@
Guild: Whats a guild?

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _.

01-28-2013   #278 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

funguy12 is on a distinguished road
IGN: whiteguy12/blackguy12
Class: CardMaster/DarkLord to_raccoon
Level: 1XX/18X
Guild: K.O.P

ahmg, Lookie, Remember me? ;;
GOOD BYE CHILDHOOD qq

01-28-2013   #279 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Awards Facebook Fan

lask1483 has a spectacular aura aboutlask1483 has a spectacular aura about
IGN: lasky04/Bunsbuns
Class: Priest/Duelist
Level: 359/290
Guild: ~CRISIS^/MoonlightC

DONT CLOSE TRICKSTER ONLINE USA...

01-28-2013   #280 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

LigerTooth is on a distinguished road

Well, here's the end. I'd like to say a lot about how trickster was fun and I enjoyed all my friends, but I don't think that's the case. For some reason, this game brought out people's true colors. So, maybe trickster closing isn't such a bad thing. People might learn to grow up and not be children, but then again, I highly doubt change will come to any of them.

Not everyone I met was full of themselves though, and those people probably know who they are, so there's no need to say their names. And if you're reading this thinking I'm an ass hole, then you can kindly go talk to yourself in the corner.

Was fun, I look forward to talking to you special peoples on skype, just message me if you feel like we were friends and you wanna talk after the game ends. #Outtie