ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Trickster Online > Trickster Online Announcements

Vindictus
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Vindictus

Rating:  

LinkBack (3) Thread Tools Display Modes
01-26-2013   #241 (permalink)
The Situation
Games
Trickster OnlineCounter-Strike Online

Bloodybun has a reputation beyond reputeBloodybun has a reputation beyond reputeBloodybun has a reputation beyond reputeBloodybun has a reputation beyond reputeBloodybun has a reputation beyond reputeBloodybun has a reputation beyond reputeBloodybun has a reputation beyond reputeBloodybun has a reputation beyond reputeBloodybun has a reputation beyond reputeBloodybun has a reputation beyond reputeBloodybun has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Bloodybun/BloodybunII
Class: Bunny to_bunny
Level: 275/ 300
Guild: ~Euphoria~

lol.
2shorts
Watchu know about Phoe?

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
01-26-2013   #242 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlineEden EternalMapleStory

Atmosphere has a brilliant futureAtmosphere has a brilliant futureAtmosphere has a brilliant futureAtmosphere has a brilliant futureAtmosphere has a brilliant futureAtmosphere has a brilliant futureAtmosphere has a brilliant futureAtmosphere has a brilliant futureAtmosphere has a brilliant futureAtmosphere has a brilliant futureAtmosphere has a brilliant future
IGN: Atmosphere
Level: Nub

Most people are blaming "game guard" as one of the main reasons Trickster is shutting down. Sadly, I find it hardly an excuse. Game guard has been implemented and removed numerous times through the history of Trickster.

There are many ways of playing trickster (with game guard) using windows 7.
I don't really recall the exact methods, however I had windows 7 when guard guard was there. (So i know it's possible and not that much work)

~~~~~~~~~

The real reasons Trickster IS shutting down:

1 .7767
We have a very small community/small playerbase.
Trickster cannot afford to lose as many players as it has.
We hardly get any new players as it is and knocking off so many old ones is suicide.

For the old players who remember this... the severs were full and another world was even created. But near the last few years of trickster, pearl island got removed.

Anyone who has experienced 7767 should know how annoying it is and the fact it can lead to a ban. (Too many reoccurring incidents)

Problems this has led:

Problem: It takes too long for a reply and you cannot recharge.
Result: Less money made for the company and hostility from the players

Problem: Many, many old players with galaders and super rare items/good boss gear were banned.

Result: Gold sink and prices of rare/uniques have gone up in price exponentially.
We have a small community!

~~~~

In accordance with jewelia prices!

Soki staff: ( I know someone with 3-4 sets and got banned...)
Original price: 2B
Inflation: 8B

Hurricane Rapier (I don't really understand the obsession between 2 slots and 3 slots but.... once again someone with four 3slot rapiers got banned)

3slot:
Original price: Possibly buyable price depending if you had galaders
Inflation: Almost non-exisitent. (1-2left in game)

2.Hackers and level up GB's

-Very self explanatory

3. Game became very weird....

No real new content exists... (sure re-vamps but still...)
No real grinding spots for many levels causing gaps :/

Wasn't as rewarding as the past. The game became quest collecting as oppose to grinding which rpg's are suppose to be :/

Conclusion:

Trickster is a small community of players. ( I cannot stress enough!)

Hacking may be okay for sites like Maple Story. They are huge enough to withstand it. But not trickster.

Gold sinks and item sinks are okay for sites like Neopets or gaia. They are huge, virtually no difference.

Here in trickster we are small, we have little as it is. Things like this will hurt us immensely!

__________________________________________________ ______________________

I wanted to add:

Trickster will close, almost guaranteed.

Trickster switched from Ntreev to SGI without saying they are closing or anything.

If they go as far as to announce the game closing, it means there is very little hope.
(Nothing is impossible, but still)

To go this far, they really hurt their playerbase and it creates fear for the future.
(Never good)

To drive any site to this point, one can say it's (eTO) already over.

EDIT: Let the debate commence!

I am not trying to start anything. I did love this game and I am still fairly attached to it, bc of the memories i had. I just wanted to let everyone know why trickster is shutting. (This is our game after all, speaking as part of a community)

Peace

Last edited by Atmosphere; 01-26-2013 at 05:17 PM.

01-26-2013   #243 (permalink)
R
oooo
Games
Trickster OnlineCabal OnlineDivine SoulsElsword
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

R has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond reputeR has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atmosphere
Most people are blaming "game guard" as one of the main reasons Trickster is shutting down. Sadly, I find it hardly an excuse. Game guard has been implemented and removed numerous times through the history of Trickster.

There are many ways of playing trickster (with game guard) using windows 7.
I don't really recall the exact methods, however I had windows 7 when guard guard was there. (So i know it's possible and not that much work)

GameGuard was only removed and then re-added once, what are you talking about.

Trickster did not support Windows 7 back before it was removed, but now that it's been re-added; it does support Windows 7. No need for workarounds. The real problem now is.. it now has the potential to **** your system up. Correct me if I'm wrong here, but I am pretty sure that this is a very good reason why players would want to quit, and thus why people say that GameGuard is a big cause of eTO closing down.

01-26-2013   #244 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlineEden EternalMapleStory

Atmosphere has a brilliant futureAtmosphere has a brilliant futureAtmosphere has a brilliant futureAtmosphere has a brilliant futureAtmosphere has a brilliant futureAtmosphere has a brilliant futureAtmosphere has a brilliant futureAtmosphere has a brilliant futureAtmosphere has a brilliant futureAtmosphere has a brilliant futureAtmosphere has a brilliant future
IGN: Atmosphere
Level: Nub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Care

GameGuard was only removed and then re-added once, what are you talking about.

Trickster did not support Windows 7 back before it was removed, but now that it's been re-added; it does support Windows 7. No need for workarounds. The real problem now is.. it now has the potential to **** your system up. Correct me if I'm wrong here, but I am pretty sure that this is a very good reason why players would want to quit, and thus why people say that GameGuard is a big cause of eTO closing down.
it seems like Ive gotten my facts mixed up. Ive been on this game for so long, gameguard always feels like it's gone and then back again...

Also, **** your system up?
Please enlighten me :/
(I haven't been on this game since the summer)

Anyhow, if it's after the summer of 2012 there were very people left anyways. (Its like the final blow, but not the biggest cause of TO closing)

Edit: I see what you are taking about, but game guard could always been removed if too many problems are caused. For them to close.. is well dramatic.

(Authority or not, if a problem becomes big enough it has to dealt with?)

Depending on when game guard was added back could answer a few questions....
If it's a fairly recent addition, then I doubt it has the potential to close a game.

Last edited by Atmosphere; 01-26-2013 at 06:05 PM.

01-26-2013   #245 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

AionDarkness is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atmosphere
it seems like Ive gotten my facts mixed up. Ive been on this game for so long, gameguard always feels like it's gone and then back again...

Also, **** your system up?
Please enlighten me :/
(I haven't been on this game since the summer)

Anyhow, if it's after the summer of 2012 there were very people left anyways. (Its like the final blow, but not the biggest cause of TO closing)

Edit: I see what you are taking about, but game guard could always been removed if too many problems are caused. For them to close.. is well dramatic.

(Authority or not, if a problem becomes big enough it has to dealt with?)

Depending on when game guard was added back could answer a few questions....
If it's a fairly recent addition, then I doubt it has the potential to close a game.
Gameguard came back after summer 2012 which started the cause. During summer of 2012, they introduced fast track that widely attracted many players back as well as new skills and the Poppuri event. However when gameguard was reintroduced, many people had problems with it one way or another. Some didn't know to run it as administrator or other issues starting the game with it. Unlike gameguard in games like Grand Chase, the method tied with Trickster caused system errors for some.

Some people even had their copy of Windows 7 being invalidated until they restarted their computer. That was just bad. Also, the reintroduction of gameguard also made the authorization packets being sent at a slower rate. Compare the time it takes to log in with and without gameguard and the different is probably at least another 20 seconds. For some, this also caused a problem logging in where they would be timed out of the log in process and wouldn't be able to log into the game.

Personally I have not had many problems with Gameguard, but for those that do, it was quite serious and quickly ridding Trickster of the players that came during those events.

01-26-2013   #246 (permalink)
GM Magnet
Special

SEGAMew will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to SEGAMew
IGN: ~LeonSchroeder~, HaoQiao,
Class: Lion to_scientist
Level: 253
Guild: DayBreak

The only problem I have with Game Guard is that it now freezes my FireFox browser occassionally (I have a new laptop with Windows 7 which is different than what I used to play on before).

Trickster was always riddled with client-sided issues

[Temporary Sig Until I Get a New one] - Now where have I heard that one before @.@
[Leon's Thread of Arts]

01-26-2013   #247 (permalink)
If I don't look down.
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsDofus
Awards Event WinnerFacebook Fan

Verse has a reputation beyond reputeVerse has a reputation beyond reputeVerse has a reputation beyond reputeVerse has a reputation beyond reputeVerse has a reputation beyond reputeVerse has a reputation beyond reputeVerse has a reputation beyond reputeVerse has a reputation beyond reputeVerse has a reputation beyond reputeVerse has a reputation beyond reputeVerse has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Linverse
Class: A nab. to_sheep
Level: Check it in-game.
Guild: *~M.C~*

R.I.P Linverse

And, HeavensPower. Yes I am that Dragon if anyone still remembers, if not, Look at Scammer list.

Also, I am not a scammer, just wanted to say the truth before everything is too late.

I r Bulletproof~

01-26-2013   #248 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

MrCoconut will become famous soon enoughMrCoconut will become famous soon enough
IGN: ScrappyCoco
Class: Scientist
Level: 29x
Guild: Dawn

I would say it's not entirely gameguard's fault. Yes, I know that a lot of people got problems with it but I don't think it's the main reason why they decided to shut it down.

I remember what Dianthea said on the forums about the Level Up Gift Boxes. She said the management doesn't know how to fix the problems and therefore just find easy solutions that don't really make any sense (making GBs untradeable/unbankable instead of fixing the actual glitch of mine PQs).

I say the problems stacked up to the point that they didn't want to fix them anymore. They wanted the easy way out and besides they have already made a lot of money off us. For them, the only way to end all of these is to actually shut the server down.

01-26-2013   #249 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

alkeiser is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaap
Same here. (But isn't like 6 episodes?) Doing them made my character's entire chapters feel complete.
0 1 2 3 4 5 6
total is seven

Last edited by alkeiser; 01-26-2013 at 08:21 PM.

01-26-2013   #250 (permalink)
「 薬売り 」
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineEden EternalMapleStoryRagnarok Online

Kusuriuri has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Kusuriuri Send a message via Skype™ to Kusuriuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCoconut
I would say it's not entirely gameguard's fault. Yes, I know that a lot of people got problems with it but I don't think it's the main reason why they decided to shut it down.

I remember what Dianthea said on the forums about the Level Up Gift Boxes. She said the management doesn't know how to fix the problems and therefore just find easy solutions that don't really make any sense (making GBs untradeable/unbankable instead of fixing the actual glitch of mine PQs).

I say the problems stacked up to the point that they didn't want to fix them anymore. They wanted the easy way out and besides they have already made a lot of money off us. For them, the only way to end all of these is to actually shut the server down.
Do bear in mind that it could be they aren't allowed to fix it. When a new publisher picks up a game, they can't simply do whatever the hell they want with it, they still need permission to make changes, which includes bug fixes.

モノノ怪

01-26-2013   #251 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

MrCoconut will become famous soon enoughMrCoconut will become famous soon enough
IGN: ScrappyCoco
Class: Scientist
Level: 29x
Guild: Dawn

If they are not allowed to fix anything, I don't see the point of even picking it up. I mean what if the game has lots of glitches and bugs to begin with and they aren't even allowed / no permission to fix it?

01-26-2013   #252 (permalink)
「 薬売り 」
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineEden EternalMapleStoryRagnarok Online

Kusuriuri has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Kusuriuri Send a message via Skype™ to Kusuriuri

What I'm saying is consider that as a possibility, assuming that they "don't want to fix things" is just as much of a cop out as the idea itself.

モノノ怪

01-26-2013   #253 (permalink)
C.I.A. Rad Bromance
Games
Trickster OnlineAuditionGrand ChasePangya
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardWandering Eye

Torikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Torikakae Send a message via Yahoo to Torikakae Send a message via Skype™ to Torikakae
IGN: Torikakae
Class: Buffalo to_buffalo
Level: 400
Guild: Mirage Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCoconut
If they are not allowed to fix anything, I don't see the point of even picking it up. I mean what if the game has lots of glitches and bugs to begin with and they aren't even allowed / no permission to fix it?
Think about the difference between Distributors and Developers in everyday examples.

Developers are like Ice Cream Companies who decide on the flavors of their products, and change them as they see fit. Distributors are like Ice Cream parlors, who can only sell and manage these products, but can't change the Ice Cream's ingredients (which is technically illegal/against their contract as Distributors).

~Thank you Shnao for the siggie~

01-27-2013   #254 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster Online

DudeLoco has much to be proud ofDudeLoco has much to be proud ofDudeLoco has much to be proud ofDudeLoco has much to be proud ofDudeLoco has much to be proud ofDudeLoco has much to be proud ofDudeLoco has much to be proud ofDudeLoco has much to be proud of
IGN: WindLeaves
Guild: ~..Melt the snow..~

Bika the Redeemed never came

01-27-2013   #255 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

ntreevloki is a glorious beacon of lightntreevloki is a glorious beacon of lightntreevloki is a glorious beacon of lightntreevloki is a glorious beacon of lightntreevloki is a glorious beacon of light

Sorry I'm late, I was trying to get an account issue on the site resolved; I never received my confirmation e-mail when I registered this account, but a kind admin got it all sorted out for me.

So hey guys, I used to work for SG Interactive (formerly Ntreev USA), where I went by GM_Loki.

Just to clear up a few things first, I am no longer with SG Interactive, so I really can't say anything regarding their current business operations, including why Trickster Online is shutting down or what future it may have (if any). It also means that my opinions are my own (as they always have been) but *definitely* in no way reflect the positions or opinions of SG Interactive.

Trickster Online was the first game published by Ntreev USA, and actually before I was hired I was an avid player myself. The night before my interview, Mermaid Palace and the first Gacha had just been released, and I stayed up all night to finish the entry quest as well as to get Lycan. I know that it didn't always seem like we saw eye to eye as far as the staff and the MyTrickster community, but we always cared.

So I'm bummed that the game is shutting down even if I haven't played in years, and I just wanted to stop by, say hi, and maybe help some people relive some good memories of a great game. I would like to be able to answer questions too, but please keep in mind that there's a lot of stuff I still can't talk about.

01-27-2013   #256 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Awards Facebook Fan

lask1483 has a spectacular aura aboutlask1483 has a spectacular aura about
IGN: lasky04/Bunsbuns
Class: Priest/Duelist
Level: 359/290
Guild: ~CRISIS^/MoonlightC

Many players love TRICKSTER ONLINE USA,, the whole package of the game is awesome.. many players love it and most of all its our childhood online game.. all players very sad most of them are crying.. T.T we're hoping very much its not the real end of Trickster.. we want TRICKSTER ONLINE USA FOREVER... ..

01-27-2013   #257 (permalink)
GM Magnet
Special

SEGAMew will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to SEGAMew
IGN: ~LeonSchroeder~, HaoQiao,
Class: Lion to_scientist
Level: 253
Guild: DayBreak

Welcome to the forums, Loki! Just wished it was under more positive circumstances. While I haven't played Trickster in 4-5 years, it will always hold a special place in my heart. While it may be a tad unfair for the current GM staff, I could never imagine X/O being runned by anyone except the original X/O GMs Hosts...

[Temporary Sig Until I Get a New one] - Now where have I heard that one before @.@
[Leon's Thread of Arts]

01-27-2013   #258 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineMapleStoryTrickster OnlineRagnarok Online

Xaorath is a jewel in the roughXaorath is a jewel in the roughXaorath is a jewel in the rough

Hey Loki, I remember you from back in the day!

One thing I always loved about Trickster was how the GM's were more interactive with their players than in most MMO's. That you would come here to post as a player when you no longer work for SGI is a testament to how great this game was and how great it could've been under the right leadership.

Trickster has been facing a lot of issues with exploits and/or hacks in recent times. The game never was too big to begin with and with Game Guard alienating a lot of the remaining players and SGI neglecting to fix issues and banning many legitimate and loyal players, this was going to happen sooner or later.

I am not sure if SGI thinks that Trickster just doesn't have what it takes to make it in the modern world or if they are just being lazy and would rather cut their losses than actually attempt to fix the issues with the game, but I'm sure they could've come up with a better solution than closing the game down.

Selling Myshop Items [Status: Closed for now] | Buying: Nothing

01-27-2013   #259 (permalink)
Me nem nesa.
Games
Trickster Online
Awards MoM Award

Rydia has a reputation beyond reputeRydia has a reputation beyond reputeRydia has a reputation beyond reputeRydia has a reputation beyond reputeRydia has a reputation beyond reputeRydia has a reputation beyond reputeRydia has a reputation beyond reputeRydia has a reputation beyond reputeRydia has a reputation beyond reputeRydia has a reputation beyond reputeRydia has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Rydia Send a message via MSN to Rydia
IGN: *Rydia*
Class: Cat. I'm a kitty cat. And I meow meow meow and I meow meow meow. to_cat
Level: DEAD
Guild: Révolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryxios
Do bear in mind that it could be they aren't allowed to fix it. When a new publisher picks up a game, they can't simply do whatever the hell they want with it, they still need permission to make changes, which includes bug fixes.
Yes, I have a SS of Raven in game saying that even if she knew how to fix something SHE CAN'T so I am pretty sure, at least near the end, they had very limited power in editing the game. Someone on the official fourm has even claimed a GM said that kTO MADE them add gameguard back. But I guess that's just gossip.

Also anyone who has been playing the game since the summer knows what GameGuard did, yes there were a lot of other factors that lead to the game becoming less popular but last summer things seemed fine...and I even thought they were looking up. They had fixed a lot of 7677s added all that new shit and then....gameguard. The population drop was so drastic and noticable almost overnight...

IDK much about MMOs and how they decide to shut down but even though things got really shitty with gameguard I wonder if they had been planning to shut down even before that. Do they make the decision to kill a game within 6 months? I guess we will never know. ]:

I'd ask Loki questions but I'm pretty sure they would all fall under the "I'm not allowed to answer that" category ._.

Last edited by Rydia; 01-27-2013 at 04:37 AM.

01-27-2013   #260 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

fate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud of
IGN: h1zuka/PrincessJanine
Class: Fat People
Level: 280/313

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rydia
Also anyone who has been playing the game since the summer knows what GameGuard did, yes there were a lot of other factors that lead to the game becoming less popular but last summer things seemed fine...and I even thought they were looking up. They had fixed a lot of 7677s added all that new shit and then....gameguard. The population drop was so drastic and noticable almost overnight...
This. You could actually say that the game was actually dying before this year but suddenly it was getting livelier in fantasia. Mega was even packed at some point and even PvP actually had people more often. But since gameguard was re-introduced well players just went away and those who could actually play even with gameguard decided to quit too due to the drop in numbers. You could say it was a chain effect.