ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Trickster Online Announcements (http://ggftw.com/forum/trickster-online-announcements/)
-   -   Help Us to Resolve GameGuard Issues! (http://ggftw.com/forum/trickster-online-announcements/118293-help-us-resolve-gameguard-issues.html)

Sidero 10-26-2012 06:49 PM

Help Us to Resolve GameGuard Issues!

Hello Tricksters,

We have been working to resolve the gameguard issues and would like to request that if you are still having issues with Gameguard please follow the steps below:
1) Create a folder on the desktop Named TO_GG_(Account Name).
2) Click Start.
3) Select Run.
4) Type "DxDiag".
5) Press Enter.
6) When check is complete, select "Save All Information...".
7) Save the File to the TO_GG_(Account Name) folder on your desktop.
8) Close the Direct X Window.
9) Right-Click your Trickster Shortcut.
10) Select Properties.
11) Click the Open File Location button (Located on the Shortcut tab).
12) Open the GameGuard Folder.
13) Sort the Folder by Type.
14) Copy all the Files of Type ERL to your TO_GG_(Account Name) folder.
15) Close the Gameguard folder window.
16) Close the Shortcut porperties window.
17) Right-Click the TO_GG_(Account Name) folder
18) Select Send to -> "Compressed (Zipped) Folder)"
19) Send the zipped folder to TObugreports@sgiwest.com.
20) Please use the subject "[GameGuard]".
21) For the body of the email please include a brief summary of the GameGuard issue you encounter.
Please note that submitting the email without the subject or proper attachments will delay your request from being processed, possibly delaying the issue from being resolved.

Emails about support will not be answered and may be directed to 1:1 support.
- Trickster Online Team

Mazuiko 10-26-2012 07:11 PM

Or they could just... you know... remove it.

Inspiration 10-28-2012 02:53 PM

Lul Mazuiko, good idea!

Prince 10-28-2012 03:27 PM

~Now let's review the following options :

Option A:
Do the 21 steps above, and maybe...maybe ... it might work~! Yeay ^^

Option B:
Remove Gameguard, and hope that at least some of the players return then try
and find an actual solution ? ^^

WingedSylphe 10-28-2012 04:46 PM

Well considered I'm one of those victims, I followed the steps, and sent the email last night.

Waiting to see if they'll actually reply to me now. lol

darkpetal 10-29-2012 03:26 AM

^ Monitoring this :)

SiegRiffein 10-29-2012 12:08 PM

I already removed Trickster from my computer, I won't be able to submit a 1:1 unless reinstalling, meh. Let's hope they continue investigating this issue 'till they find a solution. Players can't do 20 steps and fight just to open their game, new players will just choose another MMORPG to play.

Thorosern 10-29-2012 08:24 PM

At the very least... they are doing... something?
An improvement from years back I guess.

Revolution 11-01-2012 11:03 PM

IMO, I believe they should tell us the reason why they don't remove GG and add another anti-hack program :O

Ruriko 11-02-2012 01:07 AM

Did they had to use Gameguard, couldn't they use something else? unless gameguard is the only anti-hacking software

Torikakae 11-02-2012 09:22 AM

Probably couldn't afford it, or it's incompatible with their program, or that they have a partnership/contract with Gameguard and it states that they cannot remove it until the contract expires.

Business is weird that way.

WingedSylphe 11-03-2012 04:50 AM

One week i've sent them a mail, still no sign of answer anywhere o.0

KieranCarden 11-03-2012 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WingedSylphe (Post 1780946)
One week i've sent them a mail, still no sign of answer anywhere o.0

I doubt they're going to respond like they would for a 1:1. It's a mass data collection for bug reporting. Any progress will most likely be made in an announcement instead of individual responses.

Gaap 11-03-2012 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torikakae (Post 1780721)
Probably couldn't afford it, or it's incompatible with their program, or that they have a partnership/contract with Gameguard and it states that they cannot remove it until the contract expires.

Business is weird that way.

That might be true. Trickster is a very old program (first launched at 2005?) and major upgrades might be to much to afford. My sis (Eliselotte on Fantasia) is playing Ragnarok Online and it was older than Trickster... But since it was so popular (and used to be a P2P game), they used the extra riches to upgrade the game for the players.

I am not affected by this GG issue because I am using an older computer that was compatible with TO and it's old-specs. (But I need help with Tap quests.)

chronoseraph 11-13-2012 06:52 PM

i vote on removing game guard.
i could only get my trickster running by running the game as admin on win7.
This probablly will kill alot of player ( since they are yonger kids, probablly with parental control)

What is the point of game guarding trickster...
its not a like anyone hacks in this game >.<

Edit: p.s Fantasia is like vacant. There is hardly any shop in Mega too ( got a bit better when 6th aniversary event started)

Torikakae 11-14-2012 06:55 AM

^The great galder hack happened when Gameguard was gone, I believe. But I think you were too young to remember~

TadashiKazerei 11-14-2012 11:59 PM

I've really been wanting to get back into Trickster Online lately (especially since I know my guild's still active, and I miss chatting with them), but I'm seeing nothing but mass hysteria threads about game guard on the game's website.

Now that I have some more time on my hands, playing TO again would be awesome, but...I'm honestly a bit afraid. :p

Cait 11-15-2012 07:54 PM

No its fine. You can come back. We miss youuuuuu

comeeeee baaaaaaaaaaccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

xD

TadashiKazerei 11-15-2012 08:26 PM

You'll never catch me alive Cait! Never!

In all seriousness, most of the hype seems to be coming from that "Demon" something guy...I dunno, I guess I could give it a shot.

kite384 11-15-2012 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torikakae (Post 1783751)
^The great galder hack happened when Gameguard was gone, I believe. But I think you were too young to remember~

yeah that happened and someone Tempered 30 x (maybe even more dunno it was crazy) Powerfull equiep nearly 100% potential and 100%+