Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
08-25-2010   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special Games
La TaleTrickster OnlinePangyaROHAN: Blood Feud
Awards MoM Award

Aria has disabled reputation
Default Cannot rearrange songs on iPod playlist .-.

I know this is a common problem but I've already tried what those troubleshooting pages suggest and nothing has worked. When I drag and drop songs onto my iPod Shuffle playlist, the songs are listed in a fixed order and I can't rearrange them at all, not even after I've clicked on the first column (where the numbers are) which is what most people suggest. What's more, there's a blue outline around my whole window when I try to move individual songs.

Any idea?

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
08-25-2010   #2 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

SilentSaber has a spectacular aura aboutSilentSaber has a spectacular aura aboutSilentSaber has a spectacular aura about
Class: MME
Level: -2147483647
Guild: YetAnotherUC

Try making a new play list with the songs in the order you want, then syncing the shuffle with that playlist?

08-25-2010   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special Games
Awards MoM Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentSaber
Try making a new play list with the songs in the order you want, then syncing the shuffle with that playlist?
Of course, that would work, but it's only a temporary solution and doesn't help me understand why there is this problem in the first place. Plus I'll have to re-sync the Shuffle every time I want to add a new song to the list, in the order that I want. But thanks for the tip...

08-26-2010   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

SilentSaber has a spectacular aura aboutSilentSaber has a spectacular aura aboutSilentSaber has a spectacular aura about

I think you can choose to only move in songs that you don't already have on your shuffle. I've always had this problem with my shuffle, so I'm not sure of a proper fix.

08-26-2010   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special Games
Awards MoM Award

Well, the other thing is, I used to be able to move songs around on my Shuffle playlist once it's connected. Now, I can't anymore and I don't know what's changed. o_O

08-26-2010   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Maybe it got broken in a newer version of itunes? You can always try giving an older version a try.