Try 

Vindictus

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
06-29-2010   #1 (permalink)
I like scenery *.*
Games
LuniaDragon Nest

CursedScar is just really niceCursedScar is just really niceCursedScar is just really niceCursedScar is just really nice
IGN: TangoDown
Class: Ryan lu_sieg
Level: 8x
Guild: Fusion
Default Hard Drive Issues

So recently I've been having issues with my Old SATA HD.

My computer has 2 HD, an IDE one, and a smaller SATA one. Whenever I try to start up my computer, It'll finish loading at the Windows XP Screen, then just go blank. I went to my BIOS and disabled the SATA and it starts just fine. So I know my SATA is the problem, but how do I fix this?

Is this like a complete failure of the HD, or is there someway to recover all my information or repair it?

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
06-29-2010   #2 (permalink)
Snow Vampire
Special
Games
Atlantica Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorSpirit of ggFTW

Miyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Miyuki
IGN: Sarafina

Try limit it bandwidth, locate the jumper of your SATA hdd, and use a jumper [not provided] on it.

Is there any S.M.A.R.T error?

06-29-2010   #3 (permalink)
I like scenery *.*
Games
LuniaDragon Nest

CursedScar is just really niceCursedScar is just really niceCursedScar is just really niceCursedScar is just really nice

I managed to get my system to boot with the SATA enabled but it runs significantly slower. Takes 10 minutes to reach my desktop. Even longer to do anything else. I don't know why but the SATA just seems to drag my whole system down.

I still can't access the drive though. It's simply labelled as Local Disk, instead of my own name 2nd SATA Backup. If I try to click or access the HDD, Explorer will just become stuck and frozen.

Last edited by CursedScar; 06-29-2010 at 06:25 PM.

06-29-2010   #4 (permalink)
Snow Vampire
Special
Games
Atlantica Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorSpirit of ggFTW

Miyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Miyuki
IGN: Sarafina

Probably hdd issues, try using a diagnostic tool for diagnostic
- Ultimate Boot CD - Download the UBCD

Burn the image to a CD, boot it up, and use the hard disk diagnostic tools provided.

06-29-2010   #5 (permalink)
I like scenery *.*
Games
LuniaDragon Nest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyuki
Probably hdd issues, try using a diagnostic tool for diagnostic
- Ultimate Boot CD - Download the UBCD

Burn the image to a CD, boot it up, and use the hard disk diagnostic tools provided.
Yeah I used the CD. Was really helpful. Total Drive Failure is what the Maxtor Diagnostic Tool had said....

Well guess I gotta get rid of it, any tips on Data Recovery? The UBCD PhotoRec was a bit confusing. I couldn't clearly specify where to store my recovery Data or at least, I wasn't sure about it.

Last edited by CursedScar; 06-29-2010 at 07:26 PM.