MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > Off Topic > Computers & Technology > Technical Issues

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
06-28-2010   1 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1 (permalink)
Everywhere to me
Special
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerFacebook Fan

Naps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Naps Send a message via Skype™ to Naps
Default iPod Flashing Screen

So today I put my iPod (30gig 5th generation ipod video) to charge and for a short moment the screen displayed a "Low Battery, please wait" message

moments later the screen went blank and it started flashing 1 to 2 times a second.

buttons don't work, computer doesn't recognize the hardware.

right now I'm just waiting for the power to drain and see if it reset itself, but yeah has anyone encountered this problem or has a fix?

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
06-28-2010   #2 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Special
Games
Guild Wars 2LuniaConquer OnlineElsword
Awards Most Valuable StaffAdmin AwardMoM AwardPervert AwardTHE CHAMP

Light is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervert
IGN: Light, Yucie
Class: Kanna
Level: 208

I've not had this problem specifically, however I've had several screen and software problems before which led me to believe the device died a few times.
I've been able to fix these problems without the need for my computer.

But anyhow, the problem can most likely be fixed by a forced device reset.

Start by -
Holding the home button, while holding the lock button for a few seconds should display the apple logo.
This indicates the device is resetting itself.

If it does, then randomly press the home and lock buttons, and then randomly hold the lock button and the home button.
But do not hold both the home and lock buttons together again.

I'm not sure which of the above prevents the data wipe caused by the forced reset, but after at least five minutes the apple logo should display your lock screen as normal.

If it doesn't return to the lock screen after 30 minutes, and you've played with the buttons for awhile, then I'm afraid you will have to wait for the battery to die, and resync your device using the auto iTunes backup, to return the device to the state before the reset.
--

If the screen still blinks after either scenario, then hold the two buttons for a few seconds again, and let it wipe the data.
This time, don't sync the device, and either use the restore option on iTunes or the factory defaults option in your settings app.

If the screen still blinks on factory settings, then I'd suggest getting it repaired by Apple as a hardware fault.

+Rep if I help you. | Guides: Lunia's Client Editing Guide / How to ggFTW!

Last edited by Light; 06-28-2010 at 06:43 AM.

06-28-2010   #3 (permalink)
Everywhere to me
Special

Naps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud of

Because it's an iPod video, i dont have home/lock buttons.

i am aware that menu + center button is reset but that did not work

06-28-2010   #4 (permalink)
Just like that!
Special
Games
Bloodline ChampionsS4 League
Awards Event WinnerSotW JuniorPervert Award

Mums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Mums Send a message via Skype™ to Mums
IGN: Vik
Class: Mama to_fox
Level: ∞
Guild: Prisma

My iPod has had similar problems before, but somehow it has always managed to reset itself. Last time my iPod stopped working it was dead for about three days, and then suddenly it turned on by itself like nothing had happened. I never figured out how to fix it before it fixed itself. I still do have one problem with my iPod tho. It automatically pauses when I use the screen lock. Kind of annoying.

06-28-2010   #5 (permalink)
Everywhere to me
Special

Yeah I think I'm just going to let it drain the battery and hopefully something happens then lol