Vindictus

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
06-16-2010   #1 (permalink)
2 kawaii 4 u
Games
DofusWorld of WarcraftSword 2Soul Master
Awards Facebook Fan

kuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to kuyaBaka Send a message via Skype™ to kuyaBaka
IGN: Unicornkitty
Class: Holy Paladin (PvE+PvP)
Level: Pro-level.
Guild: Get Some LLC
Default Sound Recording Device Problem

So for a while now, I've been using this mic for Skype and stuff. Sometimes I switch it with this webcam whenever I can 'cause it's better quality recording and stuff. But after singing some songs on KaraokeParty.com - Free Online Karaoke Party Game, I've started crashing whenever I try to use any of my devices. I can't even open up the Windows Recording Program anyway, nor can I Skype.

I tried looking for any kind of updates on any of these devices, but I've been informed that they're all up to date. So now I'm not sure anymore.

I'm running a laptop with Windows 7.
My sound devices are:
Conexant Pebble High Definition SmartAudio
Intel(R) High Definition Audio HDMI
Logitech Mic (Communicate STX)

Diablo 3: 60 Witch Doctor; Battletag: Kebbysaurus#1662
WoW(US): Gishy(Mal'Ganis), Unicornkitty(Hyjal), Yigit(Hyjal)
tumblr? | twitter me timbers!

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
06-16-2010   #2 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

SilentSaber has a spectacular aura aboutSilentSaber has a spectacular aura aboutSilentSaber has a spectacular aura about
Class: MME
Level: -2147483647
Guild: YetAnotherUC

Do the crashes come w/ error messages? They sometimes come with a detailed view that can point to where the problem is.

You can also try uninstalling the karaoke game and doing a windows restore to see if that fixes it.

06-17-2010   #3 (permalink)
2 kawaii 4 u
Games
DofusWorld of WarcraftSword 2Soul Master
Awards Facebook Fan

kuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to kuyaBaka Send a message via Skype™ to kuyaBaka
IGN: Unicornkitty
Class: Holy Paladin (PvE+PvP)
Level: Pro-level.
Guild: Get Some LLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentSaber
Do the crashes come w/ error messages? They sometimes come with a detailed view that can point to where the problem is.

You can also try uninstalling the karaoke game and doing a windows restore to see if that fixes it.
Nope, it just ends up "Not Responding" then closing shortly after. Also, the online karaoke is a browser-flash game, so there's no uninstalling, heh.

So, I just tried playing karaokeparty.com again, and I was able to play for like, 10 minutes until it started doing it again. I'm thinking something's wrong with my flash player and causing my equipment to screw up. But I've already downloaded and installed the latest Adobe Flash Player (10.1) and even Adobe Air 2. What should I do?

Diablo 3: 60 Witch Doctor; Battletag: Kebbysaurus#1662
WoW(US): Gishy(Mal'Ganis), Unicornkitty(Hyjal), Yigit(Hyjal)
tumblr? | twitter me timbers!

Last edited by kuyaBaka; 06-17-2010 at 08:59 AM.

06-19-2010   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

SilentSaber has a spectacular aura aboutSilentSaber has a spectacular aura aboutSilentSaber has a spectacular aura about
Class: MME
Level: -2147483647
Guild: YetAnotherUC

You can try a system restore, updating drivers, or reinstalling the device.

And perhaps post a hjt log so someone else can come and tell you if there are any problems there.