Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
05-23-2010   #1 (permalink)
Bleughhh
Games
Grand ChaseElswordLeague of LegendsEden Eternal

Kenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant future
IGN: Kenzor
Default Hamachi, password security?

So for my Computer A, it allows anyone in my Hamachi networks to gain access to my shared folders, without the use of password and I want to set a password for it.

and for my Computer B, I want to access the files from Computer A but it prompts me for a username/password, I've tried everything I could think of and it says I don't have access permissions.
I want to make it so that I can access Computer B from Computer A without the username/password, like how Computer A currently is

how do I do this?

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
05-23-2010   #2 (permalink)
kag
meow
Games
Asda StoryLunia
Awards MoM Award

kag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond repute
Class: Dacy lu_dacy
Guild: ForielUnion, OurStory

Right click on the folder -> Properties
Security Tab
For this part it may vary, click on Edit for Win7 or Vista (If you want more specific on Read and Write permissions, Click Advanced -> Uncheck Inherit -> Copy Permissions so it doesn't grey out)
Then click Add or Remove to add and remove users.

For everyone to access (Add Everyone)
To allow just one user, you need to set a specific username which is the same the the login name of the other computer and of course remove Everyone.
To add that user
Start -> Run -> lusrmgr.msc
Add the user then add the security for the user.

Hope iz not too confusing, slightly lazy to organize >.<

Fanart Anime/Manga Tees at http://www.facebook.com/metronomist

05-23-2010   #3 (permalink)
Bleughhh
Games

Kenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant future

not sure that really answers my question... maybe i didn't make myself clear

For computer A, I want it so there's no access to ALL my shared folders from others in the Hamachi network

-----

For computer B, I want it so I can gain access to it's shared folders without having to enter a username/password.

On Hamachi, when I right click Computer B's label in my network and click Browse this comes up:

05-23-2010   #4 (permalink)
kag
meow
Games
Asda StoryLunia
Awards MoM Award

kag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond repute

For the first error, you need to set a password to allow network access. (Windows policy, you can change it but it makes your pc accessible by anyone connected to you)
You can also manually create another user with Start -> Run -> lusrmgr.msc
Make sure you add the user to Administrators Group.
Or add a password (You can go lusrmgr.msc and Right click your user, Change password)

For the second error, it occurs cause you're using Vista or Windows7.
Administrator account is reserved for UAC. (You'll understand once you run lusrmgr.msc)

For Computer A check your properties and Security Tab of that folder.
Go to Edit and remove Everyone (or do a screenshot and post it here)
To allow just one user you have to create the account in lusrmgr.msc and add it to security.

Sorry if everything isn't in layman's term >.<

05-25-2010   #5 (permalink)
Bleughhh
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by kag
For the first error, you need to set a password to allow network access. (Windows policy, you can change it but it makes your pc accessible by anyone connected to you)
You can also manually create another user with Start -> Run -> lusrmgr.msc
Make sure you add the user to Administrators Group.
Or add a password (You can go lusrmgr.msc and Right click your user, Change password)

For the second error, it occurs cause you're using Vista or Windows7.
Administrator account is reserved for UAC. (You'll understand once you run lusrmgr.msc)

For Computer A check your properties and Security Tab of that folder.
Go to Edit and remove Everyone (or do a screenshot and post it here)
To allow just one user you have to create the account in lusrmgr.msc and add it to security.

Sorry if everything isn't in layman's term >.<
So for Computer B which is Windows7, I won't be able to access it from Computer A? I ran lusrmgr.msc and I dont understand a thing lol

I ran lusrmgr.msc and I couldn't find any security tab D:

05-26-2010   #6 (permalink)
kag
meow
Games
Asda StoryLunia
Awards MoM Award

Adding or Removing access
Right click on the folder you want to restrict/give access to the share.
Click Properties
Security Tab
Add/Remove the user you want to give access (For Vista and Win7 click on edit first)
Select the access you want to give by checking on the appropriate boxes. (Remove the user if you don't want to give any access at all)
(To restrict random people, try removing Everyone or Users from the list.
Make sure you're using Administrator and the list contains Administrators before removing)

Creating a new user so you can login and gain access
Start -> Run -> lusrmgr.msc
Click on Users
Right click on the Left Pane
Add User
Create a user and the required password (You must put a password)
After you add a new user you must do Adding or Removing access and add the user into the list