Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
09-27-2009   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special Games
La TaleTrickster OnlinePangyaROHAN: Blood Feud
Awards MoM Award

Aria has disabled reputation
Default Can't add songs to iTunes library.

So I use Songbird as my default player and iTunes to upload songs to my iPod Shuffle. Ever since I started using Songbird, Ive noticed that iTunes seems to be able to sync with my Songbird library.. not sure if this is the correct terminology but basically iTunes starts auto adding songs to its library without any input from me, and I think it does this quite selectively, only with songs that I've played before in Songbird.

I upgraded to iTunes 9 a couple of days ago and since then, I havent been able to add certain songs to my Shuffle. At first these songs all appeared in my library and Shuffle playlist when I check, but everytime I d/c my Shuffle to listen to the music on it, those particular songs simply arent there when I go through each track. Yesterday I cleared my entire iTunes library and tried re-adding certain albums and songs, except this time, some songs wouldnt add at all. I cant figure out why, except that the songs which wont add are also the same songs Ive listened to in Songbird before. Is there a solution for this? I wouldnt want to think my mp3s are corrupt or anything. I highly doubt that anyway since they will load and play in Songbird, Winamp or any other music player just fine.. but not iTunes.

Never had this problem before btw.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
09-27-2009   #2 (permalink)
Phat booty is <3
Games
Trickster Online

prison has a reputation beyond reputeprison has a reputation beyond reputeprison has a reputation beyond reputeprison has a reputation beyond reputeprison has a reputation beyond reputeprison has a reputation beyond reputeprison has a reputation beyond reputeprison has a reputation beyond reputeprison has a reputation beyond reputeprison has a reputation beyond reputeprison has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to prison
IGN: [Banned from TO All over]
Level: xxx
Guild: God of War

This kinda happens to me sometimes, like a song won't go into iTunes but the others will,anyway. try using Videora iPod Converter - Free iPod Video Converter kinda wierd why it works but anyway. i found that putting the song(s) through ^ works usually. GL 8D

09-27-2009   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

SilentSaber has a spectacular aura aboutSilentSaber has a spectacular aura aboutSilentSaber has a spectacular aura about
Class: MME
Level: -2147483647
Guild: YetAnotherUC

They may have just taken out the functionality. Like how they used to support all mp3 players, not just apple devices.

But in any case, have you tried:
>Adding the songs from their respective directories on your hard drive?
>Cleanly reinstalling itunes?

Last edited by SilentSaber; 09-27-2009 at 07:42 PM.