Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
09-20-2009   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special
Games
AuditionMapleStoryTrickster OnlineDofus
Awards Facebook Fan

Mazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond repute
Default Random blue screen every 3-4 hours

I made a topic about this in Trickster's technical issues, but it turns out that it isn't TO's fault, I just happened to have TO open when I had these problems. Yesterday the problems started for the first time. All day, I would have a random blue screen every 3-4 hours, and since I had TO open each time, I thought it was that causing the problem, especially considering that I had the problem this morning too. I just had it now but I didn't have TO open.. so.. now I'm just confused and I'm really thinking that I need to fix this somehow, but I'm not sure how.

Basically, when the blue screen happens, I usually have something open, either TO or IMVU, (had only IMVU open when this last happened) and the screen will freeze, my sound will skip and boom, blue screen, which shows for like a second so I can't see what it says at all, and my computer reboots.

There's only one thing I can possibly think of that may be causing this and I'm thinking it may just be something to do with my graphics card.. literally the day BEFORE this started happening, I had opened up 6 Trickster clients for a royal party.. so.. it wouldn't surprise me if that's what the problem is.

I just really hope someone can help me. I thought I had finally managed to stop my other problem from happening (which caused me to keep rebooting my computer all the time) and now I've just got that problem all over again.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
09-20-2009   #2 (permalink)
kag
meow
Games
Asda StoryLunia
Awards MoM Award

kag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond repute
Class: Dacy lu_dacy
Guild: ForielUnion, OurStory

First disable automatic reboot on blue screen.
Right Click My Computer -> Properties -> Advanced Tab -> Startup and Recovery: Settings -> Untick Automatically Restart -> Ok until no more dialog boxes (No reboot required)

Second you can upload and post the minidump file from the crash.
Location of where the dump file is:
Right Click My Computer -> Properties -> Advanced Tab -> Startup and Recovery: Settings -> Copy the text inside Small Dump Directory
Start -> Run -> Paste the text -> Look for a file called Minidump.dmp and upload it and paste the link.
You can use Free File Hosting Made Simple - MediaFire to upload.

You can also try updating your graphics card drivers.
If you're not sure which graphics card you use go to Start -> Run -> dxdiag (Press Yes if prompted) -> Display Tab -> The graphics card will be under "Name"

Also try to recall what you last did before this happened if it used to be working fine.
Like installing software, drivers etc.

Fanart Anime/Manga Tees at http://www.facebook.com/metronomist

09-23-2009   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Mazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so sorry it took me so long to reply, but after a few days I'm come to realise that TO is exactly the cause of my problem. I only get this blue screen problem if I have the game open AT LEAST ONCE. The blue screen doesn't happen straight away, it will happen a little later (like 30mins to an hour after it's first been opened).

I looked for the minidump.dmp thing and I have like 8 .dmp files in there. I looked at graphics card or whatever, I have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing. The website doesn't make sense to me. .____. (I don't know anything about computers really, I just use them..)

Shall I just upload one (or all?) of these .dmp files and link them here? I just really hope I can fix this, otherwise I have no option but to quit TO. ._.

Edit: And yes, this problem was caused by me multi-clienting 6 clients. It was the first time I'd opened up so many clients since I had Vista some time last year (at which point I never had ANY problems). These blue screens started happening AFTER I ran all the clients.

Last edited by Mazuiko; 09-23-2009 at 01:29 PM.

09-23-2009   #4 (permalink)
Break it up, son.
Special
Awards MoM AwardPervert Award

Ethane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond repute
Class: NONE

I'm willing to bet money that this is a heat issue, as I had the same problem.

If you can, get canned air, open up your case and blow it out, targeting the heatsink fins on your CPU and video card. Dust is probably clogging the fins slowing down heat dissipation which is a bad thing. When a CPU gets overheated, it's not uncommon for them to shut down immediately as a failsafe.

09-23-2009   #5 (permalink)
Ken
本来无一物,何处惹尘埃,问世间有几多爱 ღ 陈冠希
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineCross Fire
Awards Facebook Fan

Ken is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Ken Send a message via Yahoo to Ken
IGN: LoveKen
Class: Gambler to_gambler
Level: Lay low
Guild: Exorcist
Xfire: Xfire sucks

try softwares to measuring heat degree, o.O...no hoter than 70

09-23-2009   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Ah right.. I can't really do that till the weekend when my dad comes home. If I try to do it myself I'll break something. <.< I'll definitely give it a shot and see if I still have these problems. Thanks for the advice, I'll come back to this thread with updates on what's going on. x.x;

09-24-2009   #7 (permalink)
Snow Vampire
Special
Games
Atlantica Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorSpirit of ggFTW

Miyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Miyuki
IGN: Sarafina

It's best if you can include minidump [as stated @ /forum/986502-post2.html ] , dxdiag and hjt log on your next reply.

And also your temperature.

09-24-2009   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

How exactly do I check my computer temperature..?

09-24-2009   #9 (permalink)
I set fire to the rain
Games
Dragon NestLuniaValkyrie SkyDungeon Fighter Online

1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold
IGN: Erliana
Class: Spirit Dancer lt_blader
Level: 70
Guild: Excallibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scone
How exactly do I check my computer temperature..?
taken from Cnet.com

Either Everest or SpeedFan

09-24-2009   #10 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Not the slighest clue what I'm doing.. .___.;;

09-24-2009   #11 (permalink)
kag
meow
Games
Asda StoryLunia
Awards MoM Award

kag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond repute

-> Download SpeedFan - Access temperature sensor in your computer <- Speedfan
Screenshot and upload it.

In case you don't know
To screenshot
Select Speedfan windows (Showing all the temps)
Press Alt + Printscreen
Start -> Run -> mspaint
Ctrl + V
File -> Save As
Select "File Type: Jpg", enter a name and save.
Upload it to imageshack.us or whatever picture host
Copy the Direct link
and [IMG]Direct Link[/IMG]

Upload one of your minidumps as well
Right click and Arrange by Modified
Upload the last file listed.

Last edited by kag; 09-24-2009 at 06:34 AM.

09-24-2009   #12 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Alright, I think I have it...

HJT LOG:
Spoiler!

Minidump:
MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

dxdiag:

Speedfan:

09-24-2009   #13 (permalink)
kag
meow
Games
Asda StoryLunia
Awards MoM Award

Your graphics card drivers is pretty much up to date
Link if you want to reinstall
NVIDIA DRIVERS 190.62 WHQL

You might want to try temporary disable or uninstall Avast to see if the problem occurs

HJT looks very clean

Doesn't seem like it is overheating as well.

Sad to say i can't get the minidump, ISP hates megaupload >.<

Last edited by kag; 09-24-2009 at 07:16 AM.

09-24-2009   #14 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Hm, is there anything else I could upload the minidump at? MediaFire would get stuck at 1% and then it would just completely lose connection to the upload.

09-24-2009   #15 (permalink)
I set fire to the rain
Games
Dragon NestLuniaValkyrie SkyDungeon Fighter Online

1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold
IGN: Erliana
Class: Spirit Dancer lt_blader
Level: 70
Guild: Excallibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by kag
Sad to say i can't get the minidump, ISP hates megaupload >.<
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scone
Hm, is there anything else I could upload the minidump at? MediaFire would get stuck at 1% and then it would just completely lose connection to the upload.
Mediafire- Free File Hosting

09-24-2009   #16 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

How.. ._. o_o

Thank you muchlies.

09-24-2009   #17 (permalink)
Break it up, son.
Special
Awards MoM AwardPervert Award

Ethane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond repute
Class: NONE

it may not look like overheating but it'd still be a good idea to dust out the insides

09-24-2009   #18 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Yup, I'll be cleaning it out tomorrow.

Thanks a lot for the help guys. So far I've managed to have TO open for almost 3 hours and nothing has happened yet. -touch wood-

09-24-2009   #19 (permalink)
kag
meow
Games
Asda StoryLunia
Awards MoM Award

Minidump says avast, try reinstalling it