04-26-2009   #1 (permalink)
「 薬売り 」
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineEden EternalMapleStoryRagnarok Online

Kusuriuri has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Kusuriuri Send a message via Skype™ to Kusuriuri
Exclamation Fail to Boot Windows

So, after updating Java roughly 45-50 minutes ago, my computer froze up and was forced to reboot it. Upon restarting, I came onto a black screen stating there had been a problem when Windows XP last shut down (No, really >_>?) and I was given the options to start up in these ways:

Safe Mode
Safe Mode with Networking
Safe Mode with Command Prompt

Last Known Good Configuration

Startup Windows Normally

All of which do not work. No matter which is chosen, it simply reboots and brings me back to the same screen.

Now, I'd seen some suggest using the Windows Recovery Console in this situation to fix the problem, but the risk of losing files I dont have backed up really turns me off to it, because a good deal of it is image files ._. I have the Recovery Console up right now on my comp actually, but haven't entered in any commands just yet.

Is there.. anything else I could try first .-.? That hopefully wouldnt involve me losing too much >_>?

Please dont get too technical on me either, Ive got a guide up for the gd Recovery Console, if you get too techy on me, Im not gonna know what the hell to do rofl ._.

モノノ怪

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
04-26-2009   #2 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

ChazZTheSpazZ has a spectacular aura aboutChazZTheSpazZ has a spectacular aura aboutChazZTheSpazZ has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to ChazZTheSpazZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://commandwindows.com/recovery.htm
The One Command to Learn
If you learn no other commands to use in the Recovery Console, learn this:
Code:
chkdsk C: /r
There is more than one report on the Web of how this command fixed a system that wouldn't boot. If you are using the console from the floppy disk installation, chkdsk will complain that it can't locate the file autochk.exe. When it asks for that file's location, point it to \windows\system32. This command will thoroughly examine your hard drive and is not a fast process so give it time.
You could try this? It shouldn't harm any of your personal stuff, as it's only Scandisk.

04-26-2009   #3 (permalink)
「 薬売り 」
Special
Games

Oh dear god, and hour and a half of tension later, it finishes, blacks out, I thought it was going to just reboot and start all over again, and Windows finally came up <___> And I denied the shit out of Java when it tried to do something right off the bat >_> I still dont know what caused it, but it did happen right after that damn Java update ~_~

/Goes to copy all image folders onto external >->

And I'll use my hax rep power on you for helping me save my shit @__@

Before this gets closed, Miyu, if you look at this, could you give suggestions perhaps on finding out what exactly what the cause was, or anything of that sort? I dont want this happening again >__<

モノノ怪

04-26-2009   #4 (permalink)
shotgun opera lock'n load
Special
Games
FiestaTrickster OnlineTransformice!King of Kings III
Awards Event WinnerSotW Professional

moffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Heyou

Wow, that's really handy @ Chaz. I updated my java a while back and it kept wanting to mess with my registry so I blocked it. >.>; So I'm curious what's up with the java updater, too.

04-26-2009   #5 (permalink)
「 薬売り 」
Special
Games

Yeah, almost as soon as it started up, I got a notification Java wanted to do something, and I blocked it >_> I was like 'Hell no! You might have caused it! D<'

@_@

モノノ怪

04-26-2009   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

ChazZTheSpazZ has a spectacular aura aboutChazZTheSpazZ has a spectacular aura aboutChazZTheSpazZ has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to ChazZTheSpazZ

Glad I could finally be of some help around here, and thanks for the rep.

04-27-2009   #7 (permalink)
kag
meow
Games
Asda StoryLunia
Awards MoM Award

kag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond repute
Class: Dacy lu_dacy
Guild: ForielUnion, OurStory

If after chkdsk you're able to boot then maybe your harddisk has bad sectors.

The new Java installs a scheduler which check for update (jusche or something) and a java quick starter (remove/exclude it as it slows the system when you have AV installed) which caches java files.

Fanart Anime/Manga Tees at http://www.facebook.com/metronomist