Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
12-11-2013   #1 (permalink)
Honest Heart
Games
Adventure Quest WorldsAuditionDragon SagaGrand Chase
Awards Facebook Fan

NiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to behold
Class: Not a psychologist
Level: 21
Guild: Gaap's Guild >_>
Default CPU fan error

Lately I've been getting this while using my PC. It's a pop-up window that says the CPU fan has a problem and to turn off the PC to check it, but it doesn't have a X or ! icon next to the message (like other warning/error messages).
I can still see it working if I take a look at it while the PC is on and I don't see temperatures increasing, neither lag/stuttering/shutdown/restart after it appears.
It doesn't appear while I'm playing or using any specific program. Last time (this is the second time) it happened was just a while ago, I left it on this night and it must have appeared while I was sleeping.
I'm scannig it now for viruses, if there's anything related to it. Any other ideas?

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
12-11-2013   #2 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Games
Guild Wars 2LuniaConquer OnlineElsword
Awards Most Valuable StaffAdmin AwardMoM AwardPervert Award

Light is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervert
IGN: Light, Yucie
Class: Kanna
Level: 208

If your fan is truly having an issue, it would just fail and your system would shut down to prevent heat damage. It also wouldn't be happening randomly, the fan either spins or it doesn't.

Scanning for an annoying virus seems wise, hopefully you're not using outdated operating systems like XP.

+Rep if I help you. | Guides: Lunia's Client Editing Guide / How to ggFTW!

12-12-2013   #3 (permalink)
kag
meow
Games
Asda StoryLunia
Awards MoM Award

kag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond repute
Class: Dacy lu_dacy
Guild: ForielUnion, OurStory

Another possibility is that the fan's sensor is faulty and not detecting the speed.

Fanart Anime/Manga Tees at http://www.facebook.com/metronomist

12-12-2013   #4 (permalink)
Honest Heart
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

NiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light
If your fan is truly having an issue, it would just fail and your system would shut down to prevent heat damage. It also wouldn't be happening randomly, the fan either spins or it doesn't.

Scanning for an annoying virus seems wise, hopefully you're not using outdated operating systems like XP.
The scan found nothing, and I have windows 7 ultimate, so I don't know what it could be. It's very rare, the first time it happened was almost a month ago and nothing happens if I leave the PC on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kag
Another possibility is that the fan's sensor is faulty and not detecting the speed.
Not really, I guess, I can check the fan speed if I open AMD Fuel.
Maybe windows is trying to troll me, telling me to turn the PC off and open the case for no reason at all lol

12-12-2013   #5 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Games
Guild Wars 2LuniaConquer OnlineElsword
Awards Most Valuable StaffAdmin AwardMoM AwardPervert Award

Light is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervert
IGN: Light, Yucie
Class: Kanna
Level: 208

Oh you have software installed for your fan sensors, that could be giving the errors. Try having the process off for a day and see if anything results from it.

+Rep if I help you. | Guides: Lunia's Client Editing Guide / How to ggFTW!

12-17-2013   #6 (permalink)
Honest Heart
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Well, never had any "warning" before I installed AMD fuel, neither after, and I just checked msconfig and it's disabled. It's a mystery x.x