Grand Fantasia

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
01-14-2013   #1 (permalink)
-
Special
Games
FlyFFAngels OnlineKitsu SagaSecret of the Solstice
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerEvents RegularSotW JuniorHarem JuniorDetail DetectiveFinders, KeepersTHE CHAMP

Almora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Almora
Default Black Screen/Computer Won't Boot

I'm going to ask here before I give up on trying to revive my old computer that just won't boot after last weekend because the warranty is expired and the computer itself is 7 years old, ugh.

1st instance: On Saturday, my desktop computer was working fine until night, where it just suddenly forced reset on me. I turn it back on for a few hours and it works fine. I leave it on hibernate for Sunday and go to bed.

2nd instancee: On Sunday, I wake the computer from hibernate and use it late until the evening. After I opened my browser to check up on my daily stuff, the computer suddenly blacks out on me. The monitor was off and the light was red(indicating it was off from the usual blue light). However, my desktop part was still on. So I force turn it off by pressing the from power button and restart.

3rd instance: By now, I unplug everything and open up the computer casing to vacuum all the dust out that might be clogging up my fans. I close it and replug back all the wires to restart again. Same thing, it won't even boot normally at all. It's stuck at a black screen, my monitor is off, no cursor, but my fans are still running.

4th instance: I unplug all wires again and open the case to see what was up. This time, I took out my second RAM stick and put it back in again. Cover it up, replug all wires and pushed power. This time in addition to black screen, no cursor, I hear a LOUD lawn mower grinding sound. I quickly turn it off. Restarted it once more, but the sound is gone? Still won't boot fully unfortunately.

5th instance: Today I woke up and took out the second RAM stick and closed up the case again. Tried to restart it but same black screen, no cursor. It won't even let me boot into safe mode as my keyboard will not start up.

Some things that I noticed from the 4th instance(maybe from the start of it all too, but I forgot) and today were:

-my front hard drive light isn't flashing AT ALL. Usually there would be a green light blinking when I turn it on but ever since Saturday, it's completely absent! There will be a very tiny and faint, amber light trying to blink, but other than that, it looks completely dead. What does that mean?

-my dvd drive was broken all long time ago. I have no idea how. It just won't open, it's stuck. After the black screens, I noticed that there would be a green light flashing in it, like it's stuck trying to load it.

-my monitor is fine, I'm using it on another computer right now so that wasn't the problem.

So yeah, my computer won't boot normally, I have no cursor, no front HDD led and fans are still running. Just wondering if anyone can help me or if it's just completely dead.

Last edited by Almora; 01-14-2013 at 11:54 AM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
01-14-2013   #2 (permalink)
hibernating
Special
Games
All Point Bulletin (APB)GunboundTwelve Sky 2Grand Fantasia

Henreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Henreh
Class: Bro lt_warlord
Level: 21

Remove your video card or plug your monitor into your motherboards display ports and see if it boots up.

Last edited by Henreh; 01-14-2013 at 11:14 PM.

01-15-2013   #3 (permalink)
-
Special
Games
FlyFFAngels OnlineKitsu SagaSecret of the Solstice
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerEvents RegularSotW JuniorHarem JuniorDetail DetectiveFinders, KeepersTHE CHAMP

Almora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Almora

Thanks for helping me, but I have zero experience with whatever I'm doing so can you please elaborate step by step?

All I know is that my graphics card is an integrated ATI radeon one and I don't know where any of the parts are located at(or if it's at a fixed location in all computers).

I'll take a picture later to show what the inside of my CPU looks like, if you would help label some of the parts for me.

u_u

01-16-2013   #4 (permalink)
hibernating
Special
Games
All Point Bulletin (APB)GunboundTwelve Sky 2Grand Fantasia

Henreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Henreh
Class: Bro lt_warlord
Level: 21

hmmm it might be corrupt windows files. since your cd drive doesn't work you'll have to get your OS ISO file (you'll have to google this yourself) on an USB drive and run a repair.

Black Screen on Boot

How To Boot And Install Windows 7 From USB Flash Drive (Updated)