Aika Online
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Aika Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
09-20-2012   #1 (permalink)
a.k.a. Nyekun

Paul is just really nicePaul is just really nicePaul is just really nicePaul is just really nicePaul is just really nice
Default Sub Folders Won't Move

Alright, I might just be a complete idiot and this thread might make like look even stupider or something but I'm having a minor issue and it's bugging me.

This is on Windows 7.

Anyways, in my Download folder, my files are usually organized with files being on top and sub folders being at the very bottom. However, a couple days ago, it seems that all the sub folders are now locked on the top and will not go down other than clicking the "Name" header/tab to organize by name but then my files are all in reverse alphabetical from Z to A from top to bottom. Clicking "Size" works too but I need them organized by date. /sighs. The folder view is set on Detail if you can't already tell.

Originally I had them organized by date, newest files on the very top going down by downloaded date. Sub folders still all at the bottom but also sorted by newest to older; top to down. I was originally able to simply click the Date tab/header so it sorts by date and click again to have the files set above the folders but now the folders don't even want to move.

It might not seem like a problem at all to anyone and heck, I'm sure some people prefer it this way but when you have 1000 files and over 30 sub folders in your Download folder (not including files and other folders within the folders, then it'd be in the 5000's and 300's), it does get annoying to scroll down to get your latest thing you download (mines usually being anime). And no, I'm in no mood to go and delete everything I don't need.

Something weird I recently noticed as well is whenever I open the Downloads folder, all the files including folders are set in alphabetical order for a single second or two then instantly switches to the organization explained above as in sub folders above, etc.. Not sure if bug or what.

My Anime List / Playstation Network - Niikun

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
09-20-2012   #2 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
MabinogiDC Universe OnlineVindictusLineage II
Awards Admin AwardStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Harlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Harlequin Send a message via MSN to Harlequin Send a message via Skype™ to Harlequin
IGN: Cecilia Juelle
Class: Monk/Goldsmith lt_treasurehunter
Level: 50
Guild: Rapscallions
Xfire: glarbage

Right click in the window of your downloads folder.

Sort By... > More...

Then just scroll down to Date Modified (or Date Created or whatever it is you need) and Make sure the box is ticked. Scroll down and make sure the box labeled Type is ticked too. Then you right click along the headers:

And make sure that Date Modified and Type have checks next to them. From there you just click the headers to organize things how you want.