LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
03-07-2012   #1 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

james has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond repute
Default Programs occasionally stop working

This is a problem I've started to see. What goes on is basically, at random times, sometimes after a couple months, sometimes within a couple days, my programs will stop working. The exception to this are browsers which do fine until I attempt to load a site that requires Flash, then they crash and I restart them.

But basically, I'll use Trickster as an example (but it applies to other games too), I'll open the launcher, press play, and the game window will load, but it doesn't load. The screen will just stay white and stuck at not responding.

I'm not entirely sure what it is period, it just is a huge inconvenience sometimes and I'm curious if anyone knows anything on it.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
03-07-2012   #2 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Blade & SoulCabal OnlineChampions OnlineCombat Arms

Uncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesie
This is a problem I've started to see. What goes on is basically, at random times, sometimes after a couple months, sometimes within a couple days, my programs will stop working. The exception to this are browsers which do fine until I attempt to load a site that requires Flash, then they crash and I restart them.

But basically, I'll use Trickster as an example (but it applies to other games too), I'll open the launcher, press play, and the game window will load, but it doesn't load. The screen will just stay white and stuck at not responding.

I'm not entirely sure what it is period, it just is a huge inconvenience sometimes and I'm curious if anyone knows anything on it.
time to clean pc and re format?
it used to happen to me because my pc used to be overloaded, and as i've always said, better re format than try to fix it (saves a LOT of trouble)

03-07-2012   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Fan

Adura has disabled reputation

Sounds like an issue with your video card. Does Flash work alright if you disable hardware acceleration?

03-07-2012   #4 (permalink)
kag
meow
Games
Asda StoryLunia
Awards MoM Award

kag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond repute
Class: Dacy lu_dacy
Guild: ForielUnion, OurStory

what OS?
try resetting your browser to default settings

scan for spywares and viruses.

Fanart Anime/Manga Tees at http://www.facebook.com/metronomist

03-08-2012   #5 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

james has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kag
what OS?
try resetting your browser to default settings
Chrome. Which after a little bit has a history of Flash crashing a bunch. I have no problem with it, it's just eventually Flash and all other (what I can only assume, mind you, I'm kind of tech-stupid) video card-based programs just won't work at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kag
scan for spywares and viruses.
Doing that right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adura
Sounds like an issue with your video card. Does Flash work alright if you disable hardware acceleration?
I'm pretty sure I disabled it from the get-go, but I may have switched it back or whatever.

03-08-2012   #6 (permalink)
kag
meow
Games
Asda StoryLunia
Awards MoM Award

kag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond repute
Class: Dacy lu_dacy
Guild: ForielUnion, OurStory

Reset your IE's settings
Cause most game's launcher are programmed to use IE to view their "News" page.

Flash crashing in chrome 2 versions back was normal, they just introduced sandboxed version of flash which had loads of problems.

it does sound like your video card.
Reinstall the drivers and maybe even directx

Fanart Anime/Manga Tees at http://www.facebook.com/metronomist

Last edited by kag; 03-08-2012 at 06:15 AM.

03-08-2012   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Fan

Adura has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesie
Quote:
I'm pretty sure I disabled it from the get-go, but I may have switched it back or whatever.
Well, I want to know if it's a trigger. Try playing youtube videos with and without Hardware Acceleration enabled to see if it triggers issues.

03-15-2012   #8 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by kag
Reset your IE's settings
Cause most game's launcher are programmed to use IE to view their "News" page.

Flash crashing in chrome 2 versions back was normal, they just introduced sandboxed version of flash which had loads of problems.

it does sound like your video card.
Reinstall the drivers and maybe even directx
Done all those and no problems lately, so that's good.

Quote:
Well, I want to know if it's a trigger. Try playing youtube videos with and without Hardware Acceleration enabled to see if it triggers issues.
I did do that and nothing happened. But it hasn't happened at all lately, so I think that's a good sign ya?