Aika Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
11-08-2011   #1 (permalink)
Posts when passionate.
Games
Battle of the ImmortalsFlyFFGrand ChaseLa Tale
Awards Facebook Fan

Krem has a brilliant futureKrem has a brilliant futureKrem has a brilliant futureKrem has a brilliant futureKrem has a brilliant futureKrem has a brilliant futureKrem has a brilliant futureKrem has a brilliant futureKrem has a brilliant futureKrem has a brilliant futureKrem has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to Krem
IGN: Kremet
Class: Seleana lt_sorcerer
Level: 70
Guild: KuroNeko
Xfire: riolu
Default Laptop battery won't charge.

Last year my laptop would last 2 and a half hours easy, now it won't go past 35 minutes, when i plug it in it says it's at 100%.

Should i send it to the service or does anyone know anything?

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
11-08-2011   #2 (permalink)
♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪
Games
LuniaVindictusS4 LeagueDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Mega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: MegaBoy740
Class: Support lt_mage
Level: 30
Guild: Prisma

From personal experience, the amount of time a laptop's battery charge lasts depends on how you use it and how often you have it plugged up.

For me since mine never leaves the house, it's always plugged up. When I first got it 2 years ago it would last about 3ish hours, but now since it's been plugged up so much it only lasts about 30~45 minutes max.

How old is the battery? And do you always have it plugged up or do you let it die before you plug it back up?

11-08-2011   #3 (permalink)
Posts when passionate.
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Krem has a brilliant futureKrem has a brilliant futureKrem has a brilliant futureKrem has a brilliant futureKrem has a brilliant futureKrem has a brilliant futureKrem has a brilliant futureKrem has a brilliant futureKrem has a brilliant futureKrem has a brilliant futureKrem has a brilliant future

3 years perma-plugged in D:

thanks for confirming my fears, qq

11-08-2011   #4 (permalink)
♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪
Games
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Mega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond repute

lol sorry D8

When you said you plug it in and it says 100% though, do you mean it's not charging at all? Or just that it doesn't last as long as it used to?

11-08-2011   #5 (permalink)
Posts when passionate.
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

It charges only up to a point where it start saying the battery is at 100% but when i unplug it it says 25% or so.

11-08-2011   #6 (permalink)
♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪
Games

Sounds like its being defective

Have you tried letting it go down to 0% and see if it actually dies? You can always call the company that makes it and ask them (or google about that certain battery)

11-09-2011   #7 (permalink)
kag
meow
Games
Asda StoryLunia
Awards MoM Award

kag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond repute
Class: Dacy lu_dacy
Guild: ForielUnion, OurStory

Battery warranty are always 1 year, so don't bother going to vendor.
1 main thing you should never do, leave the battery inserted when it is full. (even thou the manual says it is fine, it isn't) [Unless you're using a Thinkpad]

You can try doing a few cycles of full drain and recharge like what Mega said.
Meaning using it normally till it goes into hibernate.
Switch it back and shutdown.
Charge it to full again
Then do the normal usage drain to hibernate again.

Repeat the cycle about 3 times and see if it fixes it, but i'm guess it is probably dead.
Most Laptop comes with battery information in their management software, so check that and see what it says as well.

(Sadly lots of laptop batteries are not made to last, i've taken apart a few batteries before and usually only 1 or 2 cells is dead and the rest of them is working fine)
If you don't get what i meant these batteries are made of multiple 18650 cells which look like oversized AA batteries usually in series or 3 and then a parallel of another 3, which is why it is usually 3 cell, 6 cell, 9 cell battery.

Fanart Anime/Manga Tees at http://www.facebook.com/metronomist

11-09-2011   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlineGrand Chase
Awards Event WinnerFacebook Fan

Wendyfav3 is a jewel in the roughWendyfav3 is a jewel in the roughWendyfav3 is a jewel in the roughWendyfav3 is a jewel in the rough

HHHmmmm...I once read an artical in yahoo saying something about your issue...
I once had the same problem to and I found a fix or at least it works for me...

when ever I use my Computer I only charge when I use it...the thing is you let it charge all the time and it not really needed it for that...that like saying it going to overcharge and that bad...
here a link that might help your battery better...

Upgrade Your Life: Revive a dying laptop battery | Upgrade Your Life - Yahoo! News

what I do is only charge when using it...if you want it take it with you but you can't charge it that totally cool...just making sure it not for to long or at least under 30% Life
meh... I don't feel like talking but if you wanna know how I do it then just tell me and I'll comment...in the mean time check the Link I gave you or everyone XD

11-13-2011   #9 (permalink)
I am a girl. =)
Special
Games
AuditionCounter-Strike OnlineGunboundHabbo Hotel
Awards MoM AwardTwitter Fan

Shugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Shugi Send a message via Skype™ to Shugi
IGN: Penor
Xfire: shugix

You'll need to replace the battery if you want it to have its old lifespan. Your laptop should have an option for battery-wear protection, it's basically where the battery is never charged to 100%. It is charged to like 50/80% so that it doesn't cause wear on the battery. If you don't have that option, then just remove the battery if you leave it plugged in.

Steam: Shugi | Battle.net: Shugi#1454 | LoL.NA: xShugi | GW2: xShugi.3601