League of LegendsTrickster OnlineS4 LeagueDragon Nest
Awards Facebook Fan

Rawand54 is on a distinguished road
IGN: Walls/FlyAndKick
Class: Bard/Explorer to_bard
Level: 6x/6x
Guild: Aisuru
Unhappy iPod Help ?

Hello , i couldnt find anywhere else to write about this ! so i writed it here and i hope that some people are going to help me , today me and my class were in a forest and we were going to find some things on a map ( sorry for my failing english e_e ) then i walked and there were some long grass infront of me , but under the grass it were filld with water ! so i fell in it and it stinked poo .. lol :/ .. and i had my ipod on my pocket ! when i came home i used my ipod and everything worked fine , but after 2 hours i tryed it again but this time i was going to unlock it on the unlock screen but the little cube thingy werent moving ! but it worked to turn it off , i turned it off and restarted it and it still werent working , then i restored it by holding the off button and the home button together but still nothing happened ! Can anyone help me , Please ? Oh and my parents doesnt let me buy a new one ..

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
09-27-2011   #2 (permalink)
(・ω・`)
Special
Games
ACE OnlineAir RivalsCosmic BreakGunZ
Awards Event WinnerFacebook FanPervert Award

Ayumi has a reputation beyond reputeAyumi has a reputation beyond reputeAyumi has a reputation beyond reputeAyumi has a reputation beyond reputeAyumi has a reputation beyond reputeAyumi has a reputation beyond reputeAyumi has a reputation beyond reputeAyumi has a reputation beyond reputeAyumi has a reputation beyond reputeAyumi has a reputation beyond reputeAyumi has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately, there isn't a lot we can do for you when it comes to physical damage.

If we were a store (imagine "ggFTW Tech Department", lol), I would try to open it for you and see what I could do, but it's not something I recommend for first timers.

09-27-2011   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayumi
Unfortunately, there isn't a lot we can do for you when it comes to physical damage.

If we were a store (imagine "ggFTW Tech Department", lol), I would try to open it for you and see what I could do, but it's not something I recommend for first timers.
T_T .. So it's time to say bye to my ipod ? It had over 800 pictures .. Someone said that i should save everything from my ipod in itunes and after that '' restore '' or what it were called , do it from the itunes in your computer , but this computer didnt have itunes so i downloaded it and when i downloaded it , it said that i need to write my password in my ipod then it will find the files and i cant use the touch screen on my ipod so ....

09-27-2011   #4 (permalink)
(・ω・`)
Special
Games

Ayumi has a reputation beyond reputeAyumi has a reputation beyond reputeAyumi has a reputation beyond reputeAyumi has a reputation beyond reputeAyumi has a reputation beyond reputeAyumi has a reputation beyond reputeAyumi has a reputation beyond reputeAyumi has a reputation beyond reputeAyumi has a reputation beyond reputeAyumi has a reputation beyond reputeAyumi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawand54
T_T .. So it's time to say bye to my ipod ? It had over 800 pictures .. Someone said that i should save everything from my ipod in itunes and after that '' restore '' or what it were called , do it from the itunes in your computer , but this computer didnt have itunes so i downloaded it and when i downloaded it , it said that i need to write my password in my ipod then it will find the files and i cant use the touch screen on my ipod so ....
Looks like a lost cause if you can't even use the screen. D:
Not sure why it needs a password though.. that's not how my iPod and iPhone works at all.

What happens if you plug it in to your computer and look for the files through My Computer? That's how it works with most devices. The names might be encrypted like in the iPod Nano, not sure how the Touch works.

09-27-2011   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Quote:
Looks like a lost cause if you can't even use the screen. D:
Not sure why it needs a password though.. that's not how my iPod and iPhone works at all.

What happens if you plug it in to your computer and look for the files through My Computer? That's how it works with most devices. The names might be encrypted like in the iPod Nano, not sure how the Touch works.
When i do that it only shows the file to my photos in my ipod but when i click on it nothing appears beqause i havent looked at my photos in my ipod ..

09-27-2011   #6 (permalink)
(・ω・`)
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawand54
When i do that it only shows the file to my photos in my ipod but when i click on it nothing appears beqause i havent looked at my photos in my ipod ..
Your sentence didn't make much sense.. I don't mean to sound rude, but your English is kind of hard to understand. Care to explain again?

If you mean that you can't click them inside the iPod folder on your computer, it probably won't even work that way. You have to copy everything to your desktop (for instance) and then you can open them from there.

09-27-2011   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
LuniaAlicia

iARE1337 is a jewel in the roughiARE1337 is a jewel in the roughiARE1337 is a jewel in the roughiARE1337 is a jewel in the rough

You should be able you view your photos without iTunes through windows.

Computer\iPod\Internal Storage\DCIM\800AAAAA

mine are in a folder like that

09-27-2011   #8 (permalink)
(・ω・`)
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by iARE1337
You should be able you view your photos without iTunes through windows.

Computer\iPod\Internal Storage\DCIM\800AAAAA

mine are in a folder like that
..That's what I've been trying to tell him. =X
Just kinda wanted to write it in a more friendly way, seeing as English isn't his first language! lol

But he said he can't do anything from that folder, which is why I told him to copy the files to another place, such as the desktop.

09-27-2011   #9 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
LuniaAlicia

iARE1337 is a jewel in the roughiARE1337 is a jewel in the roughiARE1337 is a jewel in the roughiARE1337 is a jewel in the rough

I didn't try to be mean or blunt. o.o

It's just that folder locations help me find things.

09-27-2011   #10 (permalink)
(・ω・`)
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by iARE1337
I didn't try to be mean or blunt. o.o

It's just that folder locations help me find things.
No worries, that's not what I thought. Just didn't think you read what I wrote.. let's just hope either of our posts can help him restore his photos. :3

09-28-2011   #11 (permalink)
kag
meow
Games
Asda StoryLunia
Awards MoM Award

kag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond repute
Class: Dacy lu_dacy
Guild: ForielUnion, OurStory

Dry out your soaked gadgets in rice
Or you can dry it with any desiccant.
Leave it for a day, then try to turn it on after that

If you manage to make it look like it isn't damaged by water you can use bleach whiten the water damage indicators, if you intend to bring it to back apple store.

Fanart Anime/Manga Tees at http://www.facebook.com/metronomist

09-28-2011   #12 (permalink)
Reading
Games
Trickster OnlineLa TaleLeague of LegendsNeo Steam
Awards Facebook Fan

Scathach has much to be proud ofScathach has much to be proud ofScathach has much to be proud ofScathach has much to be proud ofScathach has much to be proud ofScathach has much to be proud ofScathach has much to be proud ofScathach has much to be proud ofScathach has much to be proud ofScathach has much to be proud of

I think that the problem might be the LCD or the screen. If that's the only thing that's not working than you can probably get it fixed. I don't really know if your data will be saved but it should be, because I assume that the LCD doesn't really have anything to do with the memory of the iPod. Regarding the prices, I have no idea. Good luck to you!

09-28-2011   #13 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Quote:
Your sentence didn't make much sense.. I don't mean to sound rude, but your English is kind of hard to understand. Care to explain again?

If you mean that you can't click them inside the iPod folder on your computer, it probably won't even work that way. You have to copy everything to your desktop (for instance) and then you can open them from there.
What i said was : When i go to my computer i click on the ipod folder , then i see a folder , i click on it and nothing is in there , if i want to see the pictures that should be in it i first need to go to my pictures in my ipod so it can load the pictures then it will be in the folder ! That happens many times on my ipod ..

09-28-2011   #14 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kag
Dry out your soaked gadgets in rice
Or you can dry it with any desiccant.
Leave it for a day, then try to turn it on after that

If you manage to make it look like it isn't damaged by water you can use bleach whiten the water damage indicators, if you intend to bring it to back apple store.
Oh okay ! Im going to try it now ! Hope it works .

09-28-2011   #15 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Quote:
..That's what I've been trying to tell him. =X
Just kinda wanted to write it in a more friendly way, seeing as English isn't his first language! lol

But he said he can't do anything from that folder, which is why I told him to copy the files to another place, such as the desktop.
Yeah , my english fails XD ! Im from sweden and english is my second language , im just 13 :3

09-28-2011   #16 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

OMG ! I just started my ipod to see if it works and IT WORKED ! I Can now use the screen ! YAY . Thanks for the help everyone !