Go Back   ggFTW Forum > Off Topic > Computers & Technology > Technical Issues

Loong - The Power of the Dragon
Looking for a new MMO?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
09-04-2011   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Blade & SoulCabal OnlineChampions OnlineCombat Arms

Uncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to all
Default network problem

ill try to explain my problem, since english is not my main language and my windows is not on english either :/

it only happens on my pc, there are currently 2 wires pcs on my house (router) + 1 laptop (wireless)
so from time to time on my pc (only on mine) the network disconnects, like the lights on the back go off and i have to unplug and plug again the cable, any ideas what it must be?

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
09-04-2011   #2 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special Games
La TaleTrickster OnlinePangyaROHAN: Blood Feud
Awards MoM Award

Aria has disabled reputation

The lights on the back of what...? Your router? If there is a problem with your router, technically it should affect all computers attached to it.

For example, I have one wired PC, one wireless laptop and one iPod Touch connected to my broadband router. Sometimes I lose my broadband signal [the light flickers] and my computers would lose their internet connection straight away, but my iPod stays connected to the internet, for some odd reason.

I'm not sure if your problem is exclusive to your PC or whether it's your router that's acting up, though.

09-04-2011   #3 (permalink)
kag
meow
Games
Asda StoryLunia
Awards MoM Award

kag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond repute
Class: Dacy lu_dacy
Guild: ForielUnion, OurStory

Update the network adaptor's driver and change a cable

Fanart Anime/Manga Tees at http://www.facebook.com/metronomist

09-05-2011   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Blade & SoulCabal OnlineChampions OnlineCombat Arms

Uncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to all

ok thanks for the suggestions, so apparently it only happens when the other pc is on (the other wired). also im the only one getting the disconnects, and what i meant with the lights going out is the lights on the network card when the cable is connected, apparently the network just disappears from the list and i have to plug and unplug