LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
08-22-2011   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special Games
La TaleTrickster OnlinePangyaROHAN: Blood Feud
Awards MoM Award

Aria has disabled reputation
Default iTunes/Windows Taskbar Problem.

Two more technical problems, brought to you by Lyn.

1. iTunes keeps freezing/crashing. I'm using version 10.4.0.80 which is the latest. When it's minimized to the taskbar sometimes, the icon would "freeze" so that I can't maximize it again. If it's already maximized and "running" in the background, nothing would happen when I try to click on it. My music would still be playing, though. Each time this happens, I have to manually end the itunes.exe process from Task Manager. This has been happening for about two weeks now, ever since I downgraded Windows Live Messenger to the 2009 version. It has happened on both my laptop and PC where the downgrade has taken place. I'm just mentioning the downgrade because I don't know if it's relevant to my iTunes problem. I tried reinstalling iTunes and the problem is still there.

2. Sometimes when I open Task Manager or kill a program, my taskbar (which is normally at the bottom of the screen and always "locked" in that position) would move itself to the top. I have to unlock my taskbar and drag it back down to the bottom to fix it. Any idea why?

It looks something like this:

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
08-24-2011   #2 (permalink)
Ayu
雲散霧消
Games
ACE OnlineAir RivalsCosmic BreakGunZ
Awards Event WinnerFacebook FanPervert Award

Ayu has a reputation beyond reputeAyu has a reputation beyond reputeAyu has a reputation beyond reputeAyu has a reputation beyond reputeAyu has a reputation beyond reputeAyu has a reputation beyond reputeAyu has a reputation beyond reputeAyu has a reputation beyond reputeAyu has a reputation beyond reputeAyu has a reputation beyond reputeAyu has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Ayu

What OS are you using?

Does the taskbar move randomly happen by itself or does it happen during a specific action? (For instance, Windows sign-on).

Have you tried to manually minimize all programs and then open iTunes?
Can you enter iTunes with alt-tab? Try this before and after you've minimized everything else. Also, try the same things above, except you use Win+D to minimize everything at once.

☆ 3DS: 3883-6119-6754

08-25-2011   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special Games
Awards MoM Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayumi
What OS are you using?
Windows 7 Home Premium, 32-bit version.

Quote:
Does the taskbar move randomly happen by itself or does it happen during a specific action? (For instance, Windows sign-on).
Not by itself, as far as I can see. It only happens when I Ctrl+Alt+Del to kill the frozen itunes.exe process, if I remember correctly.

Quote:
Have you tried to manually minimize all programs and then open iTunes?
Yep. Doesn't work.

Quote:
Can you enter iTunes with alt-tab?
I tried that the very first thing and I couldn't.

Quote:
Try this before and after you've minimized everything else. Also, try the same things above, except you use Win+D to minimize everything at once.
I'll try this again next time, I guess. I've never tried the Win+D thing before so I'll give that a go, too. It's only a matter of time before my iTunes freezes again anyway. xD

Thanks, Ayumi.

@Ayumi: It happened again today. I tried everything you suggested. My iTunes even updated itself recently. No luck.

Last edited by Aria; 08-27-2011 at 03:59 PM.

08-29-2011   #4 (permalink)
Ayu
雲散霧消
Games

Ayu has a reputation beyond reputeAyu has a reputation beyond reputeAyu has a reputation beyond reputeAyu has a reputation beyond reputeAyu has a reputation beyond reputeAyu has a reputation beyond reputeAyu has a reputation beyond reputeAyu has a reputation beyond reputeAyu has a reputation beyond reputeAyu has a reputation beyond reputeAyu has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, I didn't see your reply until now. D:

Have you ever actually tried to reinstall iTunes?
What version are you using now?

08-29-2011   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special Games
Awards MoM Award

Quote:
Have you ever actually tried to reinstall iTunes?
What version are you using now?
If I remember correctly, I did reinstall it once. Not long after that, a new version got released and I got an auto update. I'm using the latest version of 10.4.1.10 now and the problem's still there. It's never happened before so I can only wonder what is causing it. >:

08-29-2011   #6 (permalink)
Ayu
雲散霧消
Games

It's kinda hard to say when all the basic suggestions don't seem to work.

Try uninstalling and reinstall the latest version. I know you have it already, but by doing it this way you will install it manually and it might fix it.

08-29-2011   #7 (permalink)
kag
meow
Games
Asda StoryLunia
Awards MoM Award

kag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond repute
Class: Dacy lu_dacy
Guild: ForielUnion, OurStory

Looks like the same problem
Doesn't seem to have a fix for it
https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0
https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0

Fanart Anime/Manga Tees at http://www.facebook.com/metronomist

08-31-2011   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special Games
Awards MoM Award

@Ayumi: I've posted a thread on the Apple forums, just to see what people will say. If nothing works, I'll give it a go. I'd be less annoyed to know I'm not the only one bogged down with this problem.

@kag: Thanks. Those threads don't quite hit the nail on the head, because my iTunes does more than just mess with my taskbar - it crashes completely. But at least I've posted about my problem there now. Hopefully someone can help.

+Rep both.

08-31-2011   #9 (permalink)
kag
meow
Games
Asda StoryLunia
Awards MoM Award

kag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond repute
Class: Dacy lu_dacy
Guild: ForielUnion, OurStory

Maybe you can try running itunes in XP SP3 compatibility and see if it helps
check your Start -> Run -> eventvwr see if there's anything unusual

Do your windows updates

try uninstalling with revouninstaller and then reinstalling back

doesn't really make sense but try updating graphics drivers, might be a one in a million thing

try running itunes as administrator

try disabling antivirus for a while and see if it helps

all i can think of right now

Fanart Anime/Manga Tees at http://www.facebook.com/metronomist

Last edited by kag; 08-31-2011 at 07:19 AM.