ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > Archive Material (Read Only) > Retired Forums > Retired Games > Holy Beast Online > Holy Beast Clans > Taurus Clan

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
02-01-2009   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

fieryshadowcard has a spectacular aura aboutfieryshadowcard has a spectacular aura about
IGN: Look behind you and ask them.
Default Why no love for Taurus? D: This is Now a Taurus Appreciation Thread

You're bastards, the whole lot of you. Why no poll for Taurus? No excitement? No expectations? Did you all look at Taurus Clan and go "Pffh, the Warrior clan," or did you not even look their way at all because the main site said Dogs have that under their belt? Well, I'm not sitting here passively. This isn't Trickster, and I won't let this Clan receive the Buffalo treatment. Is it the horns? Or is it the fact that you guys probably only like your cows on a bun?

Well, until proven otherwise, I'm going to assume that Taurus can do it all. Not one class under their Clan has any real disadvantages, except not necessarily being the best at damage output. But they're always consistent, and they will always be the last one standing in terms of survivability.

Taurus fans, unite under a common banner and bring honor and glory to this ghost town of a subforum! DO EET!

*looks around, is still alone*

Well, I'll give you guys some time to get to your seats. *clears throat* I'll go first.

Okay, now Taurus grabs me in terms of its clan's nature and class options. It's the gentle brute, never looking to pick a fight but always prepared to end one should the fight have been brought to the Taurus in question. I like these sorts of characters; they make ideal guardians, not easily provoked but always down for the cause. And that's why I want to make a Taurus Warrior. I am convinced that Tigers who are strong offensively and all over the place everywhere else will have pretty numbers and little else and that Taurus will outlast them in a 1-on-1 fight both in terms of HP and CP. Dog is balanced, so it should win a good deal of its fights against Taurus, but that's back-and-forth. Monkey loses, hands down. If Dragon has some magical clan attacks, it might actually be the one to take Taurus down since it's second-best in terms of raw survival. Still, I see Taurus as the Noble Tank and I demand that you other Noble Tank lovers stand up and show some respect!

I'm only interested in Taurus Hunters because they are Taurus by default, and I want the complete set of characters. In terms of performance, I do believe that Dog would be a better choice for Hunter. But, as always, Taurus has survival under its belt and it certainly won't make the fight easy. Not much to say on this class, so I'll move on.

I'm going Taurus Healer after my Warrior because I honestly believe they'd be damn good Healers. Mark my words--just as much as I think Dragons are good mages and fighters, I believe the same for the Taurus. Who doesn't like a support class that can't die? More survival means the rest of the party can rest at ease, and it doesn't trade off much for that survival, either. In fact, the Taurus Healer is above average in support, average in combat and superior in survival. It's going to be awesome and when I get a chance to play I'm going to prove it.

I want to hear more cries of appreciation for the true horns of this game over the deafening amount of scale worship going on two doors down. NOW. That is all.

TrueSilverFox and Mon_Ami roamed Caballa together in Trickster Online, searching its ruins of splendor.

Valeria, sworn only to her sword and herself, traverses Erinn in Mabinogi with her pet silver fox, Truesilver.

"Whoa, TrueSilverFox, girl! Anyone ever tell you you look like some sun-bronzed Greek Goddess these days?"

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
02-02-2009   #2 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

ElecNinja is on a distinguished road

*clapclapclap*

Nice post, however, Tauras just doesn't play to my prefered style of it's better to not be hit than be hit at all.

Rep up.

02-02-2009   #3 (permalink)
2 kawaii 4 u
Games
DofusWorld of WarcraftSword 2Soul Master
Awards Facebook Fan

kuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to kuyaBaka Send a message via Skype™ to kuyaBaka
IGN: Unicornkitty
Class: Holy Paladin (PvE+PvP)
Level: Pro-level.
Guild: Get Some LLC

If there was a Taurus Ele, I'd so go that route.
Then again, I've become firmly attached to my Monkey.

Diablo 3: 60 Witch Doctor; Battletag: Kebbysaurus#1662
WoW(US): Gishy(Mal'Ganis), Unicornkitty(Hyjal), Yigit(Hyjal)
tumblr? | twitter me timbers!

02-02-2009   #4 (permalink)
Beyond the stars~

Faelynn will become famous soon enough

*waves little Taurus flag*

I'm a Dog clan lover by heart, I've tried them all but the Doggy has won me over. I must say I do like Taurus a lot as well :3 It's pretty amusing to see a tiny 'bull' running around so I really hope quite a lot of people will play this class. Not to mention the Human forms are one of the nicest ones out there. Beautiful horns and cute ears, it doesn't get much better than that to be honest.

On the other hand like I already said I'm a doggy person so my main will highlikely be that and not a Taurus but if I happen to need a side character and Taurus is one of the options then it's quite possible that a little Bull will be running around. I'd like to see it in the job as a Healer as well, to be honest I am very sure that it will stand its ground and will offer support like there has never been support before :3 (If of course the player behind the character is capable of playing decently)

I salute you for loving the Taurus Clan like I am devoted to the Doggy Clan :3

02-02-2009   #5 (permalink)
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Games
Blade & SoulAdventure Quest WorldsDiablo IIIGuild Wars 2
Awards Twitter Fan

Poople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud of

i love taurus but i never felt like posting a thread on em (don't make many threads)

yea taurus are great for all their classes one reason why they're so awesome (but i dislike being a ranged character or a support character so i chose taurus warrior)

GOOOOOOOOOO TAURUS

*cow fist*

Last edited by Poople; 02-02-2009 at 04:55 PM.

02-02-2009   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Endgame has a spectacular aura aboutEndgame has a spectacular aura about

If it makes you feel better, Taurus Warrior is what I'm planning on playing first when OB starts and I can get into the game.

02-03-2009   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

fieryshadowcard has a spectacular aura aboutfieryshadowcard has a spectacular aura about

I'm glad to see some direct and indirect Taurus supporters replying! :3

I haven't had a chance to see the level two or three beast forms of Taurus transformations. I'm imagining that the obsidian horns with the intricate patterns become even more elegant than they already are, and that the forms become mightier in presence and stature than the cute chibi-bull of level one. If anyone has the pic of the higher-level forms, I'd be greatly appreciative.

@Elec: As my friend put it in a conversation with another friend concerning strength/endurance versus speed/evasion, "I might not be able to hit you all the time, but when my fists find you, they are going to hurt." Which is why I prefer to shrug off all incoming damage than to dodge until my luck runs out, lol.

@Kuya: It does kinda disappoint me that there's no offensive magic for the Taurus Clan, as I believe every other clan has at least one class for them, and the stats for a Taurus Healer intrigue me and make me confident that the Taurus are magic-savvy in various ways. Yeah, a Taurus Ele would be cool. I'd certainly give it a shot, if only because it would be Taurus.

@Fae: Dog clan is my second pick. :3 Both the Taurus and Dog clans have values I strongly admire in the classes/characters I play, and one of my most idealized values is loyalty, which immediately drew my attention to the Dogs. But, the more peaceful, retaliatory nature of the Taurus won me over in the end. Then again, I've had cow on the brain from another MMO I played recently, and the Taurus Clan's nature is somewhat reminiscent of that, so I immediately started grinning when I saw that this interesting MMO would let me continue enjoying that anthropomorphic indulgence. As far as I'm concerned, Vulpines and Bovines get an immediate seal of approval from me. =D Canines are occasional.

@Pwnage and Endgame: Yes, my beefy brethren! REPRESENT THE TAURUS CLAN!!! Wave those banners! Hoist those horns! Let the world know that we shall not be ignored! :3

TrueSilverFox and Mon_Ami roamed Caballa together in Trickster Online, searching its ruins of splendor.

Valeria, sworn only to her sword and herself, traverses Erinn in Mabinogi with her pet silver fox, Truesilver.

"Whoa, TrueSilverFox, girl! Anyone ever tell you you look like some sun-bronzed Greek Goddess these days?"

Last edited by fieryshadowcard; 02-03-2009 at 02:23 AM.

02-03-2009   #8 (permalink)
Beyond the stars~

You can find the screenshots we already have in the Beast Transformation Guide in the Guide Section. You can find a temporarily Third Stage picture spreadsheet too. It is in a link in the red text below the title 'I want to see how I will look! NAO~!' .__. I'll will update the guide and make it less confusing once I have all the pictures needed. Tell me if you really can't find it x__x;

Last edited by Faelynn; 02-03-2009 at 11:59 AM.

02-03-2009   #9 (permalink)
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Games
Blade & SoulAdventure Quest WorldsDiablo IIIGuild Wars 2
Awards Twitter Fan

Poople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud of

2nd Stage

3rd Stage

02-03-2009   #10 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

zenegal is on a distinguished road

lovin my taurus warrior,even though the phys damage on bosses semm to be a little nerfed. Kinda nice to know you can tank a whole boss which is the same lvl as you, and see the boss hit thief and illusionist for 150 damage and u only get 50 to 80 damage XD.

02-04-2009   #11 (permalink)
Beyond the stars~

True Zenegal X3 my poor Illusionist can't tank bosses at all, not even ones who are way below her level. It truely hurts but then again I really don't have any good equipment x__x;

02-04-2009   #12 (permalink)
Mental K.O.

Jumpstart will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Jumpstart Send a message via Skype™ to Jumpstart

-bird clan hugger-
to be honest i've only seen about like 3 taurus playing when i play HBO O__O

02-05-2009   #13 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

Raynor will become famous soon enough

Quit complaining, it will be more popular when the game is like open to everyone else, because currently everyone is only allowed to play as three of the six clans, and usually the Taurus isn't the first three.

02-05-2009   #14 (permalink)
ビリビリ
Games
Sword 2Trickster OnlineDungeon Fighter OnlineEmil Chronicle Online
Awards Pervert Award

Fineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud of

*cow fist*

I'm a Taurus too, but I've been off the past few days.

*plays more Atlantica*

02-05-2009   #15 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raynor
Quit complaining, it will be more popular when the game is like open to everyone else, because currently everyone is only allowed to play as three of the six clans, and usually the Taurus isn't the first three.
I'm afraid that this thread is for people who choose Taurus in their "first three". Not everyone plays for the stats or the class; some people play first and foremost for the character. But thank you for your input. Now, if you don't mind, the exit to this thread is that way. I hope you won't miss that like you did the point of this thread.

@Fineti: That's right! Raise those hooves high!

Last edited by fieryshadowcard; 02-05-2009 at 11:06 PM.

02-06-2009   #16 (permalink)
Tea
31 Flavors
Special
Games
S4 LeagueWarflowEden EternalSword 2
Awards Retired Content StaffFacebook Fan

Tea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to behold

I'm a Taurus Hunter, Although i've been sick for close to a week so i barely got to play :{

02-06-2009   #17 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

zenegal is on a distinguished road

^^ i`ll be Taurus forever~ Beef ftw? XD maybe bird clan next? i dont really like the idea of glass cannons anyways. Theyre just choosing mages this OB cuz the magic damage is too hax on everything right now. Imagine,level 28 healer does hundreds of damage on 35 mobs,which I do 2 to 5 damage at lvl 29 btw,while a level 35 warrior does 50`ish damage? craptastic ain`t it? but I think if they fix the damage and def nerfs,the playing field would be even for mellee and casters, hopefully. ~Beefy~

05-24-2009   #18 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Floss is on a distinguished road

Taurus Hunter Have been Report !! oowoo\ Grr!! (GrrWhat!?) It's First Clan In my ID><"

Hey Other five Clans can eat meat!! Will they eat us!!?

C*ap! Today I choose wrong skill and lost 8 SP(Super Shot LV3 for 6 SP but never used and Hunter's Berserk lv2 for2SP and still cant learn Speed Up) T_T Hmmm There r no Hunter's Guides yet. so sad.

07-28-2009   #19 (permalink)
MMOG Lurker

victorinno is on a distinguished road

I have made a taurus healer.
Im liking it, but i still want to try a dog hunter or thief.

10-19-2009   #20 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

SirDurant will become famous soon enough

I resent you putting people's opinions of TO's Buffalo on the same level as HBO's Taurus clan...I main a buffalo in TO, and DAMN is he tough. While he may not have the most powerful attack in the game, let's see you get through Chi Sword and a sufficiently powerful Sonic Slash -_-

Anyways, Taurus would be MY first choice by far if this is their stat build. I've always been a fan of tanks and supporters, and a Taurus Healer would let me do both. Other than that, I'm personally a fan of the Bird clan (if only for the fact that I'm a flyer freak). Also, if magic damage is that broken, a Taurus Healer with an AOE = most broken character in the game?