ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > General MMO Community > Universal Guilds > Symphony Guild

League of Legends
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

League of Legends

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
03-10-2010   #1 (permalink)
Deadpool approves!
Games
Cosmic BreakGrand ChaseMapleStoryMabinogi

Marzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to Marzai
IGN: -points at name-
Guild: None
Default Chrome's Music Choice Thread

The purpose of this thread is more or less a journal. A musical journal, really. What I will do is post up a video from YouTube that plays my favorite music on it, give my comments on it, and see what you think of my music preferences. I'll try to do this daily, if I have the chance.

Eventually, you'll get to know what types of music I like. I do have to say, however, that most of it is instrumental, and there'll barely be any songs that I like that have singing in it.

If you want any of these soundtracks, but don't feel like surfing the net for them, then I've provided the link that converts YouTube videos into MP3 format. Please, feel free to make use of it, and I mean feel free: YouTube to MP3 Converter - Video2mp3

So, let's start off with this post:

This is probably the one song that had gotten my ears obsessed to piano and peaceful music. Besaid Island. Man, this song always makes me imagine being on Besaid myself, wandering through its wilderness, then coming to a palm tree to soak up some sun...close my eyes, listen to the waves and the gulls...daydreaming.

It's a song that you would never mind going to sleep to, and sometimes I still use it as my own little lullaby to go to sleep if I'm having trouble, or it's also a nice stress reliever from life.

This song tells me to keep moving forward. Journey. Partake. Enjoy. Dream... I don't think I can describe it in any more words. Heck, I don't think I'm making sense anymore.

Pinkie Pool's archnemesis: Oatmeal.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
03-11-2010   #2 (permalink)
Deadpool approves!
Games

Marzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to all
Default Side Note: Videos posted for music only. Not the visuals.

Gotta say that the music I post up is credited to their respective conductors and such, of course, and that the order that I post them in is how readily that certain song comes to mind. But I'll try to start from back in the day to the present. Scrap the idea of posting just one video. I'll post up to three instead.

So this particular music comes from an old but beloved game that I played back in the PS1 days: Battle Arena Toshinden 3, a weapon-based fighting game.

This is the theme of David and Judgment, as you may have read from the title of the video. David, in my opinion, was one of my favorite characters to play with. He wielded a chainsaw, had a few grenades, and a reliable pistol that you could pull out 6 times for opponents that stayed too far away. He also had this sliding dash move that followed with an upper twist into the air - with his chainsaw as the lift, of course. While he did that slide dash, if you were to hit him before he reached you, he'd be all like "Uuugghh!! DAMMIT!!!" and glows red as he continues his slide dash.

I miss that game. It's a shame the disc broke.

This is the theme of Gaia and Tau, huge, hulking great sword wielders. I love the music for their stage, but I thought it mostly suited Tau more than Gaia. You wouldn't really expect a guy to be named Gaia, so at the time, it was a first for me. Because he had a great sword, he had some pretty good reach (unless he was up against some gunning opponent).

These guys were nuts. Chaos, the extremely thin, scythe-wield, poison-smog-blowing, homicidal maniac. And his theme sorta matches him, but it especially matches Schultz. What Chaos could do was make an explosion on the ground that launched his opponent up to the ceiling...but at the same time, he launched himself into the ceiling face first. He also had this running dash attack that made him stumble all over the ground while causing damage to his opponent. In short, he has effective, maniacle, and weird ways and movements with his scythe and breath to beat his opponents. Insane.

But that's about it for that. Sorry if the music makes your ears bleed, but as I said, I'm going with most of the old songs first before I touch on some newer things. Enjoy for now.

03-11-2010   #3 (permalink)
Anywhere But Up
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineRagnarok OnlineAion
Awards Retired Forum Operations StaffEvent WinnerEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerFacebook FanTwitter Fan

Yuki has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to Yuki Send a message via AIM to Yuki Send a message via MSN to Yuki
IGN: Elysium
Class: Godmode
Level: ∞
Guild: Symphony

Teehee, this is rather pretty enjoyable ;D

[ ggFTW HR Operations. Yuki Designs. Rep Guide. Join Symphony. Forum Rules. ]

03-11-2010   #4 (permalink)
Pandas!
Special
Games
AuditionPangyaTibiaTrickster Online
Awards Retired Division HeadAdmin AwardEvent WinnerWandering EyeTwitter FanPervert Award

Shiki has a reputation beyond reputeShiki has a reputation beyond reputeShiki has a reputation beyond reputeShiki has a reputation beyond reputeShiki has a reputation beyond reputeShiki has a reputation beyond reputeShiki has a reputation beyond reputeShiki has a reputation beyond reputeShiki has a reputation beyond reputeShiki has a reputation beyond reputeShiki has a reputation beyond repute
Guild: Symphony

They remind me of that rockman game I played on my first brick Gameboy... XD

03-13-2010   #5 (permalink)
Deadpool approves!
Games

Sorry for not posting yesterday. I'll just double up to make up for it on this one.

Rayman for PS1 - Where video game music was pretty snazzy. Probably because it was 2D rather than 3D, and invested the rest into kickass music. Awesome

I think I can safely say that Rayman was the Megaman of PS1 when it came out: really, really hard later on. But the thing about it was that it was very bright, the character designs were totally unique, the music was kickass, and the platforming was a doozy. It was back when I was 7 that I had this game, and I regret that I lost it. Rayman was a classic.

03-15-2010   #6 (permalink)
Deadpool approves!
Games

Favorite Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Music

03-17-2010   #7 (permalink)
Deadpool approves!
Games

Favorites of Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

03-20-2010   #8 (permalink)
Deadpool approves!
Games

A little more from Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

Hybrid Heaven Favorites

This next game wasn't really widely known, but it was so awesome. Look it up; I don't feel like describing it. One thing I will say though is when you go farther into an area, the music becomes more epic - as in, it builds on itself. Anyways, here's the music.

"Hey guys! Let's do a sporadic rave party!" -starts dancing- (This was not in the game, but that's what it's like)

Last edited by Marzai; 03-20-2010 at 10:00 AM.

03-23-2010   #9 (permalink)
Deadpool approves!
Games

Music from Tekken 2
Tekken 2 was probably my very first fighting game that I played, and one of the best of the Tekken series, if not the best. And the soundtrack wasn't half bad to boot.

Thanks, Namco, for making the 90's fun.

03-28-2010   #10 (permalink)
Deadpool approves!
Games

Default It's cool that I'm still getting views. Thanks!

The next batch of videos will come from the Sega Genesis, my very first console that I remember owning and playing.

Love the old Sonic in 2D? So did I. And I also loved the music.

Favorite Sonic 2 Music

03-28-2010   #11 (permalink)
Deadpool approves!
Games

With Sonic 3, apparently, Michael Jackson had some involvment with some of its music. And now that I listen to it closely, I can tell.

Enjoy.

Favorite Sonic 3 Music